Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #241
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I too have learned there is no reason to do the parks commando style....took me 10 trips to get to that point though

I love the London scene on PPF too!! Last summer my daughter and I took my 4 year old niece on HM and she wasn't scared at all....but in the doom buggy behind us her 9 year old sister was in meltdown mode. It's funny how every child reacts differently to different situations.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #242
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

great pictures! Things seem to be going well.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #243
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Yay! Your morning sounds lovely so far! I love getting a CP breakfast ADR before park opening. You can hear so much that you don't normally hear - birds chirping, music playing, it's just so lovely. We did it Oct 2008 and then again this past trip but we had to do it at LTT since CP was closed in Feb. It was fabulous as well! I'll get to it (eventually) in my slow-moving TR!!

Your pictures are fabulous! Can't wait to see more!!

Sara
Thanks Sara! Believe it or not, we have never dined at LTT. The food just doesn't appeal to me. But I definitely would have been game to try it for breakfast during the CP rehab. I have yet to meet a breakfast that I didn't like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruising View Post
You pictures of Main Street are wonderful!

I am loving your trip report! Can't wait for more.
Thank you!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #244
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I too have learned there is no reason to do the parks commando style....took me 10 trips to get to that point though

I love the London scene on PPF too!! Last summer my daughter and I took my 4 year old niece on HM and she wasn't scared at all....but in the doom buggy behind us her 9 year old sister was in meltdown mode. It's funny how every child reacts differently to different situations.

I hear ya about the commando-tendancies! They are hard to break. Especially if you were indoctrinated in the ways of TGM, as I was for the kids' first trip back in 2007. Everytime I do something against the rules (such as riding the Carrousel as our 2nd ride at 9:05am in Fantasyland) I have to fight all of the TGM voices in my head telling me what a mistake I am making!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
great pictures! Things seem to be going well.
Yes, we really had a great 1st morning in the Magic Kingdom. It was my favourite park touring of the trip!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #245
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Great morning at MK. Fantastic that you got on Dumbo without all the waiting....Dumbo and Peter Pan are still two of my favourites at MK.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 06-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #246
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

I just those pics of your DD and DS as you all are waiting for Fantasyland to open!!!! Peter Pan is my favorite ride and it is soooo Disney to me!

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #247
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

What a great morning! Peter Pan is my favorite ride in Fantasyland too! When I ride it, I feel like I'm instantly 5 again!

Everything is going so smoothly!!

Sara
Old 06-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #248
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Oh the Dumbo Dash! I just love it! Usually we participate in it starting at the main rope drop, but one time we did have an 8:00 CP ADR and made it to the Fantasyland Rope Drop and on that first Dumbo ride. My youngest still talks about "winning" the Dumbo Dash because we were there first!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #249
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are gorgeous Trish! So vibrant and colorful!

Sounds like you are having a wonderful morning. I really would like to take an extra long trip sometime so that I could feel like we could take it easy and go with the flow - I try to do that, but I'm not always successful
Old 06-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #250
overthemoon4mickey
Mouseketeer

Hi! I am SO in on this trip report. I like the fact that you are willing to report the ups and downs that happen on a vacation. I can relate so much! Adorable family! looks like you had a great time all in all. I wish I could sprinkle some pixie dust on your husband and make him love Disney like the rest of us do. Since my husband may love Disney even more than I do, I'll use your trip reort to remind me how blessed I am. Love the report...can't wait for more.
SEPT. 05' 10 days CBR/WLV DEC. 07' 9 days CSR JAN. 09' 10 days POR Aug.09' 10 days ASMovies. Jan.11' 10 days CBR June 12' 11 days Bonnet Creek, Dis & Universal June 14' 2 weeks Bonnet Creek and Universal
Old 06-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #251
benolathe
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your trip report, and looking forward to your next installment.

Unfortunately, my husband sounds EXACTLY like yours. So, I know what you mean by traveling with someone who does not enjoy being at WDW.
Disneyland (January 2004)
WDW (Dec 2009) [NYE was fabulous!]
Disneyland for CTMH Convention (July 2011)
Old 06-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #252
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

I'm glad Katie woke up feeling better! great pics of the empty main street! Isn't it sooo wonderful to see it like that?!we loved CP too! great pics of the characters! we didn't catch tigger either! We wanted to make rope drop! yay for being on the first dumbo ride!!

awww sooo sorry about your DISfriend. Twice you were unable to meet her!

we loved HM as well! I agree, a true Disney classic! I'm glad Declan liked it!

can't wait for the next update!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #253
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I ADORE the pictures of the kids awaiting rope drop from behind. Adorable and such a cute perspective. I dont' wonder why your friends wanted you to photograph their wedding reception. You have quite a knack!!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #254
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your photos! I feel like you are really capturing the feeling of being there. It sounds like you guys were having a great morning. I also like that pic of the kids running off to Frontierland - you can tell how excited they are, even from behind.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #255
klacey1
DIS Veteran

This morning seemed to go well! PP is my absolute favorite Fantasyland ride (tied with Philharmagic, which I guess isn't really a ride!)-- glad Declan loved the HM so much!!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: