Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #226
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I absolutely love your pictures of Main Street....it looks so peaceful...something we don`t see alot of once the park opens

I`m so sorry that your DH doesn`t want to stop for pictures....my daughter has tried that a few times, but in the end I remind her when it`s all said and done this is all we have left our our vacation.

A few of us mom`s are planning a girls only trip one of these years, you will need to come with us!!!!We`ll stop for all the pictures you want
Old 06-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #227
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Just saw this and thought of you

http://ebm.e.lillypulitzer.com/c/tag...html?t_params=

A picture of you and Katie would totally win!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #228
DisGirlAllie
I can bust some pretty smooth moves
I get goosebumps and feel the magic

Sounds like a fun trip so far!
Hope y'all had a great time!

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
~ Walt Disney

Old 06-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #229
Twingle
DIS Veteran

What a refreshing TR - love your positive attitude even though things didn't go as planned. Looking forward to more

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 06-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #230
Disney_Sarah
Mouseketeer

Wow i am loving reading your trip report.
x

WDW 2 weeks with our little Mickey Mouse August 2015

Mummy Daddy DS 2 year old
Old 06-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #231
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Great start to your morning!! I love walking down an empty Main Street!! I try to plan BBB appts for 8:00 am each trip so we can do that!! And we LOVE CP!! We've only eaten there for dinner but that cinnamon french toast looks heavenly!! Can't wait to hear more!!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #232
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
So Chris doesn't like Disney and opts for the healthy fare at the buffet. He's a bit of an enigma isn't he? Love the picture of Declan on his shoulders walking over to the MK.

So relieved Katie woke up feeling better.

How did your photos at the reception turn out? Good luck with the party planning. I can't wait to see the photos of this pirate party!!

And can't wait to see my beloved Beach Club in upcoming updates!!
Yeah, I know. Where exactly did I find this quirky guy anyway? Whoever heard of not liking Disney or eating healthy on vacation???

I am sure you know this already, but I have nothing but great things to say about your beloved Beach Club Villas! DH loved it too!!!

As for the photos, it was completely pouring rain, and it was dark inside the reception hall, so it was all flash photos. I can't take decent photos in low light, and I don't have a good flash (only the one built into the camera), so I know they aren't great. But I did pre-warn them of this.

For about a 1/2 hour at around 8:30pm, the rain cleared and we were able to have the grandparents step out onto the deck for a couple of quick shots as they didn't make it down to the Dominican Republic for the wedding. While they will be a bit dark, I am hoping they turned out okay. (I am waiting for my battery to recharge before I download the photos).

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Glad you guys had such a wonderful breakfast-- it's definitely on our to-do list for next time, even though we don't have kids!
I am sure you will like it! We have gone for breakfast and dinner, but prefer the breakfast. That restaurant is so beautiful in the mornings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
My Disney resister is the healthy eater in our house as well - I think our DHs would get along quite well. Maybe we need to plan a trip where they hang out at the resort all day while we take the kids and tour the parks.....

Your Main Street pics are great!
Michelle - that totally sounds like a plan! The times when DH was on the pool deck, beer in hand, playing with the kids and chatting with other guests were the moments he thoroughly enjoyed on the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
That is a rough start. I do hope things get better for you.
Welcome and thanks for posting! Honestly, what you see so far is pretty much what you get with this TR. A rollercoaster of highs and lows throughout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlmsjen View Post
I am enjoying your report so far. Can't wait to read more.
Thank you!
Old 06-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #233
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I absolutely love your pictures of Main Street....it looks so peaceful...something we don`t see alot of once the park opens

I`m so sorry that your DH doesn`t want to stop for pictures....my daughter has tried that a few times, but in the end I remind her when it`s all said and done this is all we have left our our vacation.

A few of us mom`s are planning a girls only trip one of these years, you will need to come with us!!!!We`ll stop for all the pictures you want
A trip with people who actually not just like Disney, but LOVE Disney like me? And who actually want to pose for pictures in the Parks? Sounds like my kinda trip...count me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Just saw this and thought of you

http://ebm.e.lillypulitzer.com/c/tag...html?t_params=

A picture of you and Katie would totally win!
Thanks Katie! I actually received that email as well this weekend. Unfortunately I am ineligible because I live outside the US. Otherwise I would totally apply as I have a lot of Lilly's and a lot of stories. (Although I do like that one of Katie and I in our Lillies in front of the Castle!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirlAllie View Post
Sounds like a fun trip so far!
Hope y'all had a great time!
Overall, yes, it was a great trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
What a refreshing TR - love your positive attitude even though things didn't go as planned. Looking forward to more
Thanks and Welcome! But I will give you fair warning: near the end of the trip, the positive attitude kinda comes crashing down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Sarah View Post
Wow i am loving reading your trip report.
x
Thanks so much for posting, and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Great start to your morning!! I love walking down an empty Main Street!! I try to plan BBB appts for 8:00 am each trip so we can do that!! And we LOVE CP!! We've only eaten there for dinner but that cinnamon french toast looks heavenly!! Can't wait to hear more!!
Great plan with the early morning BBB appointments! CP is really lovely, isn't it?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #234
lumpy08
Mouseketeer

LOVE your photos of Main Street!!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #235
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

I just love CP!!!! Last July we had a breakfast ADR and I ate a plate of just puffed french toast (I was 5 months preggos)!!!!!! Lol. Well I am glad that your morning went well!

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #236
dvcminnie
Earning My Ears

I love the picture of main street looking forward to more.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #237
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy08 View Post
LOVE your photos of Main Street!!! Thanks for sharing.
You are welcome! Thanks for following!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
I just love CP!!!! Last July we had a breakfast ADR and I ate a plate of just puffed french toast (I was 5 months preggos)!!!!!! Lol. Well I am glad that your morning went well!
Ha, ha! A girl after my own heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcminnie View Post
I love the picture of main street looking forward to more.
Thank you!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #238
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Yay! Your morning sounds lovely so far! I love getting a CP breakfast ADR before park opening. You can hear so much that you don't normally hear - birds chirping, music playing, it's just so lovely. We did it Oct 2008 and then again this past trip but we had to do it at LTT since CP was closed in Feb. It was fabulous as well! I'll get to it (eventually) in my slow-moving TR!!

Your pictures are fabulous! Can't wait to see more!!

Sara
Old 06-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #239
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

You pictures of Main Street are wonderful!

I am loving your trip report! Can't wait for more.

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic Nov 2014 ~ GIRLS TRIP TO WDW Dec 2014~ CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKS
Old 06-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #240
cdotla
Trish

Doing the Dumbo Dash...

With bellies full, and the excitement and anticipation of an impending Rope Drop, we set off from Crystal Palace toward the Castle.

The Castle entrance was blocked off for some reason, so we had to take the bridge by Sleepy Hollow and approach from the left side.

When we arrived at the Castle, there were only a couple families waiting for the Fantasyland Rope Drop.

Although it had just started to sprinkle rain (a first for me in the Parks at this hour of the day), our spirits were not deterred. We were all chatty, happy and excited as we waited for Fantasyland to open.

I love the thrill and excitement of Rope Drop. It is just not the same showing up after the Park has already opened. I love the feeling of being among the first guests arriving in the Park each morning.

Finally, a number of Cast Members came over to the Rope, bundled up in their rain parkas to do the final countdown. Then, we were all off...to Dumbo of course!

Once again we were lucky enough to be seated on the first Dumbo ride. Declan and I took one elephant and Katie and Chris took another. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because I was busy with the videotape.

But here is a picture of Katie on Dumbo during our girls' trip last year:

After Dumbo, the kids decided to do Cinderella's Golden Carrousel (which I understand is now Prince Charming's!) Certainly this is not a wise touring tip if you are interested in optimizing low wait times on some of the key Fantasyland attractions, but the luxury of an 11 day trip is that you don't need to tour commando-style.

Katie was very happy that she found Cinderella's Horse.

All four of us sat on our own horses, 4 across. We were all laughing and happy. Which again only proves that when you travel commando-style (as I have been guilty of doing on many occasions), you really can miss some very fun and spontaneous moments in the Park.

After the Carrousel, we headed over to Peter Pan's Flight. On the way, I stopped briefly to take a photo of the sign for Mickey's Philharmagic.

Then, just as I was putting my camera away, I looked up and from the corner of my eye spotted my "Disfriend" who I had been scheduled to meet the night before at Chef Mickey's. I knew that she was planning on being in the Magic Kingdom that day, (which was the last day of their trip), as they had a morning appointment at the BBB.

Unfortunately, by this point in time, my family was way ahead of me, almost out of sight on their way to Peter Pan. And my Disfriend was by herself, without her husband or DD3, walking at a brisk pace away from where I was standing. While I would have loved to have gone over to say hi, unfortunately the circumstances didn't seem to allow it. So instead, I simply vowed to get caught up by email when we got home. As it turns out, they had an amazing trip!

I finally caught up with my family by the entrance to Peter Pan, which was still a walk-on. I love this little ride. My favourite part is the scene over London. I was cranking my neck, getting whiplash trying to see Declan's reaction to it, who was riding on the boat behind me with Chris. Although Declan rode this ride in 2007 (at age 2) and again in 2008 (at age 3), he had no recollection of any of the Parks before this trip. I was so happy to see all of the wonder and delight on his face!

At this point, we had no real plans, but knew we would soon have to be leaving to get back to the Contemporary by the 11am check-out time.

First we headed over to the Haunted Mansion. How can anyone not like this attraction? It is classic Disney, and the experience brings me back to my childhood every time. Love it!!!

Although Declan could not remember this attraction from his last two visits, the Four Parks, One World CD gets plenty of airtime in our car. So he felt right at home on this ride, knowing the "Grim Grinning Ghosts" song by heart. At the end, he said it wasn't scary enough.

After we picked up our hitch-hiking ghosts, we decided to take them on a tour of Frontierland. We headed by the Liberty Belle, and made our way up the Rivers of America waterfront walkway.

In the distance up ahead, we could see the two Mountains - Splash and Big Thunder.

UP NEXT: A Family Milestone

Last edited by cdotla; 06-11-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: