Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #211
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,561

Glad to see that the morning went relatively smoothly.

Crystal Palace is someplace I have never eaten at. After reading your TR and Keala's, I think that next time (if ever ) I'm at WDW, I'm going to have to book in for a breakfast there! MK looks gorgeous in the morning without the crowds. Shame about underusing the photopass...but I'm sure your pics are great!
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #212
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post









[/SIZE]
What gorgeous pictures! They made me appreciate Main Street in a whole new way!
__________________
kate_wdw is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #213
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran
 
taymacsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central CT
Posts: 607

Great pictures! I am glad Katie woke up feeling better. We did dinner at CP and didn't love it. But I would definitely consider breakfast just so we could walk down Main St. with no crowds! I agree that the characters there were awesome. Some of my best pictures from our last trip were from CP.
__________________
Me (Kelly), DH (John),DD (22), DD (20), DS (9)
May '82 - Off-site ~ May '98 - ASSp ~ May '02 - ASMo ~ Apr '06 - ASMo ~ Aug '09 - POR ~ Aug '11 - ASMu ~ Aug '13 - AoA~ Nov '14 ASMu
taymacsmom is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:46 AM   #214
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

This sounds like the perfect start to the day at Disney World! Walking from your hotel to a nearly empty Main Street and eating a yummy breakfast with the hundred acre wood gang! Just awesome! And at this meal the kids looks like they are having a great time
dismagiclover is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #215
LilAnn
DIS Veteran
 
LilAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 1,405

Wow, those are fantastic pics of Main Street! I am glad that you at least had a great breakfast and that Katie was feeling better. I am always surprised by how bright Piglet is! The buffet looks yummy!
__________________
LilAnn is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #216
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran
 
mkluvsmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,991

I agree that the walk from Contemporary to Magic Kingdom is the best! So calm and peaceful. Did you guys leave your bags in the room or with bell services?

Love all of your Main Street pictures!

We just ate at Crystal Palace for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Loved it!
__________________
Michelle
mkluvsmickey is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #217
Native NYer
DIS Veteran
 
Native NYer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,954

Your first full day is off to a great start!
I the Crystal Palace.
Can't wait to hear about the BC.
__________________
Jennifer

Native NYer is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #218
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran
 
BippityBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,840

WOW! I have always heard the 8am breakfast at CP is the way to go. I see why now!! Your Main Street pictures are beautiful! So neat how everything is empty and so pretty. Your food looked awesome and, of course, the characters were adorable The kids looked like they were having a great time. Can't wait to read about the great Dumbo Dash
BippityBoo is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #219
cdotla
Trish
 
cdotla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 2,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Glad to see that the morning went relatively smoothly.

Crystal Palace is someplace I have never eaten at. After reading your TR and Keala's, I think that next time (if ever ) I'm at WDW, I'm going to have to book in for a breakfast there! MK looks gorgeous in the morning without the crowds. Shame about underusing the photopass...but I'm sure your pics are great!
That is the number one reason why I love the 8am ADRs...early entrance to Main Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw View Post
What gorgeous pictures! They made me appreciate Main Street in a whole new way!
Yes, I love Main Street! It is the true essence of WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taymacsmom View Post
Great pictures! I am glad Katie woke up feeling better. We did dinner at CP and didn't love it. But I would definitely consider breakfast just so we could walk down Main St. with no crowds! I agree that the characters there were awesome. Some of my best pictures from our last trip were from CP.
Taking pictures right in front of the Castle with no crowds is awesome! Unfortunately we didn't do it on this trip (which should be named the trip of no posed photos - LOL!) But on past solo trips with Katie, she and I have gotten tons of great shots of just the two of us with the Castle in the background. Love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
This sounds like the perfect start to the day at Disney World! Walking from your hotel to a nearly empty Main Street and eating a yummy breakfast with the hundred acre wood gang! Just awesome! And at this meal the kids looks like they are having a great time
Yes, I was very happy that I booked CP to kick off the trip. When I am in WDW I am pretty much happy, thrilled to be there and ready to go 100% of the time. But DH's moods could vary widely. Having breakfast and kicking off the day at CP was the best insurance of a good day because it is something he enjoys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Wow, those are fantastic pics of Main Street! I am glad that you at least had a great breakfast and that Katie was feeling better. I am always surprised by how bright Piglet is! The buffet looks yummy!
CP for breakfast, especially with young kids, is always a good choice in my books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
I agree that the walk from Contemporary to Magic Kingdom is the best! So calm and peaceful. Did you guys leave your bags in the room or with bell services?

Love all of your Main Street pictures!

We just ate at Crystal Palace for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Loved it!
We actually headed over to the MK before we checked out. All of our bags were still in the room. Check-out was 11am, but I pushed it until 11:50am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Your first full day is off to a great start!
I the Crystal Palace.
Can't wait to hear about the BC.
Thanks! Beach Club check-in is coming up...but it doesn't look like I will have time to get to it this weekend.
cdotla is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #220
cdotla
Trish
 
cdotla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 2,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
WOW! I have always heard the 8am breakfast at CP is the way to go. I see why now!! Your Main Street pictures are beautiful! So neat how everything is empty and so pretty. Your food looked awesome and, of course, the characters were adorable The kids looked like they were having a great time. Can't wait to read about the great Dumbo Dash
Wanna know a secret? I never go to the MK in the morning for touring without an 8am ADR. And I never go on EMH mornings, because the ADRs still only start at 8am when the Park opens to WDW guests, meaning there is no early entrance.

As a result, the only time I have ever seen the Morning Opening Show was on a solo trip I took for a conference. I had 1 hour to tour the MK before my conference started, so I rushed over, saw the Opening Show, took some pictures of Main Street, then rushed back to my room to put on a suit and head to the conference!

I had hoped to see the Opening Show one day during our trip. However...have I mentioned how much DH likes CP? And I certainly don't do sit down dining in any Park during prime touring time of 9am-12noon!
cdotla is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #221
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,323

So Chris doesn't like Disney and opts for the healthy fare at the buffet. He's a bit of an enigma isn't he? Love the picture of Declan on his shoulders walking over to the MK.

So relieved Katie woke up feeling better.

How did your photos at the reception turn out? Good luck with the party planning. I can't wait to see the photos of this pirate party!!

And can't wait to see my beloved Beach Club in upcoming updates!!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #222
klacey1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Westchester Co, NY
Posts: 4,784

Glad you guys had such a wonderful breakfast-- it's definitely on our to-do list for next time, even though we don't have kids!
klacey1 is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #223
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

My Disney resister is the healthy eater in our house as well - I think our DHs would get along quite well. Maybe we need to plan a trip where they hang out at the resort all day while we take the kids and tour the parks.....

Your Main Street pics are great!
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #224
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 19,787

That is a rough start. I do hope things get better for you.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #225
litlmsjen
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 26

I am enjoying your report so far. Can't wait to read more.
__________________
Jen

next trip
9/06 - OKW


Previous Trips
5/99 - off-site- Days Inn
2/2000 - Dixie Landings
3/01 - Caribbean Beach
10/01- All Stars Music
10/05- Wilderness Lodge and condo off site
litlmsjen is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: