Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #1846
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
I also can't wait to hear all about your upcoming cruise! I have it in my head we will be taking one in 2013, so you can tell me all about it! Hopefully Don and Chris will find it more relaxing than the parks!
I get 2 nights at AKL before the cruise too! We aren't going to the parks at all, just going to hang out at the resort and hit up DTD. I'm hoping to show Don the more relaxed side of Disney on this trip so that, just maybe, he won't be so opposed to return visits.

If things ever calm down around here I'm going to start a PTR for the cruise, I'll let you know when I do.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #1847
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I love the idea of buying books in the countries! I bought the same post it notes...I use them at work...makes me smile just to look at them.

Looking forward to your PTR!
I just love shopping in France. It is my favourite place to shop in all of WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Great ending to a wonderful TR Trish! I have completely enjoyed myself while reading along and have already signed on for your PTR! I'm glad this trip had more good memories than bad too.

I LOVE all of your souvenirs! Especially the books and DVD you bought. I checked online and can't find those books anywhere though. Ebay has some but they're used. Bummer! I am making it a point to buy them when we go back for certain!

Love your bag too! I was debating purchasing the new 40th anniversary Dooney & Bourke and now wish I had! Ugh, looking back I really didn't buy myself much of anything while we were there. I need to remedy that for next trip.

I hope the planning is going well for your upcoming Oct. trip. You're so lucky to be going during the 40th anniversary.
Thanks so much, and thanks for reading!

Too bad you can't get those books online...now you already know what you want to buy when you return! I love the D&B 40th Anniversary bags too! However, I assure you that my little bag was a far cry from the D&B prices! I think it was all of $28 or something in that range!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
great trip report! Luvin all the pics!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I get 2 nights at AKL before the cruise too! We aren't going to the parks at all, just going to hang out at the resort and hit up DTD. I'm hoping to show Don the more relaxed side of Disney on this trip so that, just maybe, he won't be so opposed to return visits.

If things ever calm down around here I'm going to start a PTR for the cruise, I'll let you know when I do.
Michelle...I really think you are right....expect that you will see a huge change in Don this trip. I bet when you are on the bus to the port after spending 2 days out of the parks he is going to make a comment like, "Gee...too bad we didn't get to ride Everest" or something like that. If he is anything like Chris, I will take bets on it!

I agree completely...you will have a much easier time convincing him to return for the next trip after he sees how relaxing this trip will be...and also realizes how much he missed the Parks this time!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2011, 11:34 PM   #1848
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! I'm looking forward to starting on your PTR.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #1849
nat1234
Mouseketeer

I know that I'm late to the party, but I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your TR. I'm so sorry that your husband doesn't enjoy Disney as much as you and your children do but at least he is willing to go with you. My husband has no desire to go with me and the kids, so I've now gone twice without him, which is okay too. Your kids are beautiful and it does seem that over all, it was a wonderful trip in spite of your husband's ideas about it. Now I'm heading over to you PTR to see how this trip shapes up.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #1850
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! I'm looking forward to starting on your PTR.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1234 View Post
I know that I'm late to the party, but I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your TR. I'm so sorry that your husband doesn't enjoy Disney as much as you and your children do but at least he is willing to go with you. My husband has no desire to go with me and the kids, so I've now gone twice without him, which is okay too. Your kids are beautiful and it does seem that over all, it was a wonderful trip in spite of your husband's ideas about it. Now I'm heading over to you PTR to see how this trip shapes up.
Thank you so much. You are right...everything told, the highs and the lows, it really still was an excellent trip. And I am hoping that the next one is even better!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: