Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #1621
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Despite the heat, it sounds like you made the most of you day at DHS and BCR. Building your own lightsabre is also something my DS LOVES to do. And it is a great way to spend a hot afternoon inside...

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #1622
IdesOmarch
DIS Veteran

I think you would love Universal just as much as Disney, I know I do. They are both on the same level as far as theming, level of detail etc. A lot of universal is really like "riding in the movie." It kind of puts you in the movies. Other parts like in Islands of Adventure where Harry Potter is, a whole different level of theming. In IOA, like in the Jurassic Park island, it is really like visiting the island out of the movie, Harry Potter area same thing, you will feel like you actually visited Hogwarts.

U has a reputation for some as just being a roller coaster park like Six Flags but it's not at all, much more like Disney just different, some think even better. They each have their own brand and kind of magic, just in different ways. U has one advantage with the getting to the front of all the lines, so no waits, with your hotel room key. That is what converted mine, no waiting in line!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #1623
princesscharming
Mouseketeer

Hey Trish. I'm guessing the cost of building a light saber depends on how elaborate the kids make it. But what's the price range for building one? I'm sure my kids will want one.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #1624
RDarling
Ears earned!

"Before our trip, I had purchased a beautiful carriage pendant shaped like Cinderella's stagecoach. I got the idea from a great Disser, the very resourceful and clever RinkyTinky".

This was in the part of about the pearls in Japan. Did you purchase this to put a pearl in?? If so, do you have a picture? Still working on reading your trip report. It is great!!
1989 Disney Inn (Shades of Green)
1992 Carribean Beach Resort
1994 Contemporary MVMCP
1996 Wilderness Lodge/Contemporary
2010 Shades of Green/Dolphin
2011 All Star Movies MNSSHP
2013 Pop Century

Mom(me) daughters Ashley and Alexis, son in law Eric, grandbaby Evelyn, grandbaby Charlise, grandbaby Joelle

Old 01-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #1625
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Great updates!!

I could sure use some Florida sun right now....woke up to -35 temps this morning....

I love those pics from the pool....it shows how you can have a true vacation....a little park time, a little pool time and dinner at an awesome restaurant...can't wait to hear how you like Narcosseee's....I gave up our ADR to my sis and her hubby for their anniversary in September
Old 01-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #1626
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Your day at SAB and the BCV pool looks lovely! It's hard to head to a park when you have access to SAB.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #1627
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your pictures make me want to be at the BC right now. The quiet pool looks like a great choice. I can't wait for my visit there in May. Cute pictures of the kids!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #1628
Queila
DIS Veteran

Great updates!

I love the picture of your daughter at SciFi. And I agree with you. Even though not every Disney restaurant has amazing food, it is not bad either. My only problem with SciFi, to tell you the truth, is the seating arrangements.

I can totally understand your panic over "losing" your daughter at the playground. I hate when I lose sight of mine.

And the pictures of your daughter jumping in the pool are priceless. You certainly got to register some great moments during your vacation.

Q
Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #1629
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Trish,
Happy New year! Great update and pics as always. Yikes on the server at Sci Fi Dine Inn Not feeling the Disney magic I guess. I loved your HISTK playground pics! I agree though it gets quite stressful when you lose your kids in there. Looks like your kids enjoyed the afternoon swim, love their matching swimsuits too. I never even saw that quiet pool by the villas, we always swam at SAB. It was the highlight of the trip for the kids, though the games/ pool party was usually quite loud! Luckily finding a lounger was never a problem for us , unlike Poly where there is no room to swim. Looking forward to your next update at one of my favorite places for dinner
Old 01-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #1630
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Thank you! I think he is a complete cutie pie as well...but I am very biased.

As for the pool, sometimes you just have to stop fighting it. As great as the greatest Disney attraction can ever be, sometimes there is nothing better for the kids than the pool. I hate to admit that, but it is true.

As for that wretched playground...they should seriously have some type of sign-in, sign-out system. I know it would cause line ups and slow things down, but it is a complete maze in there. If your kids aren't the type to cling to your ankles (and mine have never been), I guarantee that at some point you will lose them in there. And if your kids get off even a little bit at trying to "hide" from mom and dad like mine do - forget it. It is game over.

Don't get me wrong - I love the playground itself. But be prepared to have a spinning head trying to keep your eyes on your kids in there!

As for building your own light sabers - I highly, highly recommend it. Even for your DH!
Ya, I've already resigned myself to the fact that they'll be begging to swim in the pool! My only ray of hope is that we're going the end of January so maybe, just maybe it'll be too cold to swim! Ok, that probably won't happen. It'll probably be 80 and sunny everyday!

I just read about HISTK playground on someone else's TR and they said the same thing you did! It's too easy to lose your kiddos and mine, particularly my DD7 tend to wander on playgrounds so I think I'll pass!

I have to say, I'm impressed by your New Years Eve party! I should've invited myself over, lol! Ok, I'd never do that but it sounds like you planned an incredible evening. This was the 1st year ever that my 3DD's managed to stay up till midnight. They thought it was awesome and then right after they said 'now what?' I told them it was time to go to bed. I think they were a bit let down by that answer!

I'm glad you had a great New Years, looking forward to your next update!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #1631
smillerguy
Mouseketeer

Just got caught up on your trip report again. I think we could be best friends if you lived in South Carolina. my hubby is so much like yours. Healthy, great fun Dad and taked Disney great in small doses. Imagine living only 8 hour drive away. I am taking our children son9 and daughter 6 by myself this April. Husband said he is going to work in Orlando and may join us a few days. I also love the Poly. Beach club was great too. Contemporary we enjoyed for Halloween! We also like the same resterants but now I am wanting to try Coral Reef and Jiko. Can't wait to hear about Narcosse's. DH and I have been trying to plan a trip for this summer to somewhere and keep coming back to Disney. It is just so easy for us. THNAKS AGAIN FOR THE GREAT TRIP REPORT. Wish I had the patience to do one.

When is your next trip planned for with the family?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #1632
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscharming View Post
Hey Trish. I'm guessing the cost of building a light saber depends on how elaborate the kids make it. But what's the price range for building one? I'm sure my kids will want one.
I'm not Trish, but my kids are huge Star Wars fans so we have done this before. The light sabers can be built in DHS, Downtown Disney and even Magic Kingdom. It costs around $20 for a single light saber and more if you do a double light saber. It came with batteries and the CM's are very helpful.

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 01-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #1633
princesscharming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
I'm not Trish, but my kids are huge Star Wars fans so we have done this before. The light sabers can be built in DHS, Downtown Disney and even Magic Kingdom. It costs around $20 for a single light saber and more if you do a double light saber. It came with batteries and the CM's are very helpful.
Thanks for the help!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #1634
KangaFan
Hoping to someday be as patient as Kanga

Smile

Just joining--I thought I was the only one with the Disney resistant husband and I swear I have that same pick somewhere of my DH, looking thrilled to be posing for pics.

Although I was initially interested to see how you got him to do so many great trips, I'm really enjoying your TR & have picked up a couple of other great, non-husband related tips.

We're leaving in a little over 2 weeks, so I appreciate the distraction DH runs screaming from the room when I mention Disney at this point. So thanks & keep up the great report.

Last edited by KangaFan; 01-11-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: typo or perhaps Freudian slip, typed no husband instead of non-husband
Old 01-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #1635
connie1042
DIS Veteran

Waiting for the next chapter. I have the same husband.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: