Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2010, 02:19 PM   #1591
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I can't believe the server wouldn't take your photo!! That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Disney!! That kid needs to get a job over at Universal or Wet & Wild! Just kidding- employees at Universal are VERY nice- most of them work at WDW, too!

Happy New Year-I'm sure your party will be amazing, your parties always look GORGEOUS and super fun!

Hope when the holidays are over you'll come say hi on my latest TR (the Cruise one).

Ellen
Hey Ellen! Happy New Year to you as well!

Thanks for letting me know about your cruise TR. I will sign right up soon! And I still have to read your AK TR!!! Geesh....I didn't think I was this behind. I will get caught up eventually!

Have a great New Years!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:57 PM   #1592
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

happy new year !!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #1593
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great update! Augh-- bad service will bother me so much more than bad food! Glad you guys didn't let it ruin your meal and still had a fun lunch!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
Old 01-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #1594
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year! You are a party planner extraordinaire! Would love to see some pics from your New Year's festivities.

I also can't believe that a CM was "too busy" to take your picture. That has to be against a hundred different Disney rules!

Old 01-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #1595
norybell
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year! Hope your party went well -- I'm sure it did!

Sounds like your last day at the Beach Club started out great, despite the bad lunch service.

And I, for one, kinda wish everyone would take December off from TR updates (like I did, too)...that way I'd have less to catch up on come January!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 01-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #1596
princessjv
DIS Veteran

I was feeling a bit of the Disney Blues and decided to read a TR. Yours is the one I stumbled across. I've read your entire TR thus far and until about 1/2 way I kept trying to fugure out where I've "seen" you before... It was your mom and daughter TR! I read it last year and it sealed the deal for me to book the Princess Tea for my DD and I. (Thank You!)

I find that I relate a lot to your experiences with your DH and WDW. I guess on one point that I'm glad that I'm not alone, yet at the same time I wish that non of us WDW lovers had to deal with it. All and all you had a wonderful trip, despite a few hiccups to keep you on your toes.

I look forward to reading the rest!

Happy New Year!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #1597
princesscharming
Mouseketeer

Bumping you back to page #1, Trish! Happy New Year.

Thanks for an update.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #1598
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year Trish!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #1599
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

good strategy on 10 am at the pool. We never did manage that and it likely would have helped us avoid the rain and get a good spot. Oh well Sorry your server was so horrid but it sounds like a lovely lunch otherwise and fun escape from the heat!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #1600
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
happy new year !!
Happy New Year to you too Queen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great update! Augh-- bad service will bother me so much more than bad food! Glad you guys didn't let it ruin your meal and still had a fun lunch!
If I could choose a place to have bad service out of everywhere we ate, it wld definitely be here. It was so easy to overlook with all of the other fun things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Happy New Year! You are a party planner extraordinaire! Would love to see some pics from your New Year's festivities.

I also can't believe that a CM was "too busy" to take your picture. That has to be against a hundred different Disney rules!
Hey Christine! Happy New Year to you too!

I was absolutely shocked as well that our server didn't take our picture. After the subtle eye roll after I asked him, he conveniently said that he had to bring an order to another table but wld be back again to take the photo. Each time he came near us afterwards he wld literally drop and dash. I cldn't even get the words out to remind him and he was gone again. Oh well...

As for our New Years Party, it went really well. We played a number of games with the kids, including Bingo, danced, had an AMAZING fireworks spectacle (and I mean AMAZING!!!), 2 birthday celebrations (one guest born on Dec.31, and another on Jan.1), and "champagne" toasts (with sparkling apple juice) at "midnight" for the kids. I would say it was one of our best years yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Happy New Year! Hope your party went well -- I'm sure it did!

Sounds like your last day at the Beach Club started out great, despite the bad lunch service.

And I, for one, kinda wish everyone would take December off from TR updates (like I did, too)...that way I'd have less to catch up on come January!
Happy New Year to you as well! And thanks for understanding the lack of updates recently! It wasn't intentional at all...I just blinked and the entire month of December was history!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
I was feeling a bit of the Disney Blues and decided to read a TR. Yours is the one I stumbled across. I've read your entire TR thus far and until about 1/2 way I kept trying to fugure out where I've "seen" you before... It was your mom and daughter TR! I read it last year and it sealed the deal for me to book the Princess Tea for my DD and I. (Thank You!)

I find that I relate a lot to your experiences with your DH and WDW. I guess on one point that I'm glad that I'm not alone, yet at the same time I wish that non of us WDW lovers had to deal with it. All and all you had a wonderful trip, despite a few hiccups to keep you on your toes.

I look forward to reading the rest!

Happy New Year!
Welcome, and thanks so much for posting! That is too funny that you read my 1st Trip Report. To this day that wonderful trip at CBR remains my favourite trip of all time.

Sorry you also have to deal with a spouse who doesn't seem to "get" all of the magic of Disney. But it certainly makes those moments when they do "get it" all the more enjoyable, doesn't it?

Hope you will stick around...I hope to finish this up shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscharming View Post
Bumping you back to page #1, Trish! Happy New Year.

Thanks for an update.
Thanks, and Happy New Year to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Happy New Year Trish!!!

Amanda
You too Amanda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
good strategy on 10 am at the pool. We never did manage that and it likely would have helped us avoid the rain and get a good spot. Oh well Sorry your server was so horrid but it sounds like a lovely lunch otherwise and fun escape from the heat!
I think the 10am pool start time is the key for SAB! It is a madhouse there to find a loungechair after about 12noon, that is for sure!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #1601
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!!!
great update and glad you had R&R at the pool.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 01-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #1602
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post

Happy New Year to you as well! And thanks for understanding the lack of updates recently! It wasn't intentional at all...I just blinked and the entire month of December was history!

I think the 10am pool start time is the key for SAB! It is a madhouse there to find a loungechair after about 12noon, that is for sure!
I hear you on that. And look I blinked and wasn't sure I actually posted here last night.

Yeah, the lounge chairs are scarce though I swear, we'd try to find them and then no one would actually BE in them so I think we wasted some time with that effort, more than once!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #1603
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

The server wouldn't take your picture?? That's so weird! Usually they INSIST upon it at Sci Fi. I bet he's no longer employed as a server at Disney...

Great update - what a lovely relaxing day just hanging by one of the best pools on property. Good idea to take advantage of your resort before you left it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Katie pretending to be scared by the "horror movies":

This is so cute!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #1604
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Happy New Year!!!
great update and glad you had R&R at the pool.
Thanks! And Happy New Year to you as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I hear you on that. And look I blinked and wasn't sure I actually posted here last night.

Yeah, the lounge chairs are scarce though I swear, we'd try to find them and then no one would actually BE in them so I think we wasted some time with that effort, more than once!
That is my pet peeve about the lounge chairs....99% of the "taken" ones don't have bodies in them. Then again, once I get mine, I am certainly not prepared to lose it while I take a dip in the pool! So I have been on that side of it as well.

I was really so impressed one day that a couple (husband and wife) were lounging in 2 loungers with a towel thrown over a 3rd beside them that they gave up for me. The wife advised me that it was only for their son, who wld likely be spending most of his time in the pool anyway. I was so impressed with this kind gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
The server wouldn't take your picture?? That's so weird! Usually they INSIST upon it at Sci Fi. I bet he's no longer employed as a server at Disney...

Great update - what a lovely relaxing day just hanging by one of the best pools on property. Good idea to take advantage of your resort before you left it!
Thankfully I have never once experienced anything remotely close to the poor service we had at SciFi. Funny thing is, failing to take our photo wasn't even the worst of it. I agree...he is likely no longer working there. I am surprised that he even made it through traditions training.

And yes, it was a good call relaxing and enjoying SAB and all of the Beach Club offerings before we had to bid it farewell.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #1605
cdotla
Trish

Building a Light Saber

After lunch, we headed out of the Sci Fi and onto the Streets of America. I knew the plan was to head back to the Beach Club for some more pool time before check out the next day, but I was still keen to try and squeeze in a couple of attractions on our last visit to the Studios.

No one in the family (except me) had ever done Star Tours, and my last journey was probably a decade ago.

Declan had never experienced the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground.

And neither of the kids had seen the Lights, Motors, Action Stuntshow.

But....I was competing with a Pool. A Super Pool. On a very hot day.

As usual, I was dragging behind the family as I stopped to take some photos as we walked all over New York and San Francisco.

Our first stop was the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground.

And just like that the kids were off. Before we entered I warned Chris that this place should really be called How to Lose Your Child in 30 Seconds. There are so many passageways and twists and turns. Your kid goes in one area and comes out in a completely unexpected place. If you have kids like ours who love to get lost from their parents, this can be a complete nightmare.

I just about lost my mind in here on a solo trip with Katie back in March 2009. For about 10 minutes or more I had no idea whatsoever where she went. (Of course, that was completely intentional on her part.) Ultimately I had a couple of other parents and two Cast Members involved in trying to find her. Finally she emerged. But not before I had considered every worst case scenario.

This time I was prepared. Even though I warned the kids to stay together, stay close to me, and answer me when called, I knew the temptation of "getting lost" on mom would be hard to resist. So I assigned Chris the task of standing guard by the exit to ensure neither of the kids left undetected as I tried to keep watch and take some photos of their fun.

Unfortunately once again I lost sight of Katie very quickly. She is a slippery one. But knowing that Chris was manning the exit, I wasn't concerned about it this time. Until I noticed on a quick walk-by that he had left his post. Now I had a missing daughter and a missing husband. Fortunately we caught up with them pretty quickly and I encouraged everyone to move on. I had experienced enough of this place already.

Next stop was Star Tours. Since I hadn't experienced this attraction in a good 10 years I thought it would feel new and fresh all over again. I thought wrong. It was exactly the way I remembered it. And not in a good way. While I will likely ride this again when it is reopened, unless things change pretty dramatically I think I can safely sit this one out in future. Definitely not a favorite.

However, the one good thing about going on the ride was walking into the giftshop afterwards. That is where we discovered the Make Your Own Light Saber station, which proved to be the highlight of the afternoon for my family.

The kids had a fantastic time choosing and assembling their Light Saber. And they actually still get a fair bit of use at home too.

(Continued next post)

Last edited by cdotla; 01-04-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: