Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
KemlynUltra
Earning My Ears

Renting points as a Brit

Has anyone got any experience renting points to people in the US or Canada on the boards?

I've just had a sale fall through because the buyer didn't want to deal with me as I was from the UK!!!!
KemlynUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Bumbleink
Mouseketeer

Hi

Just to say that we rented points to a fantastic lady from the USA and she didn't have any problem dealing with me being in the UK. Did they say that you being in UK was the only issue?

In theory it shouldn't make any difference where you live, points and renting are the same wherever and the element of trust is no different, no matter where you come from. I wouldn't take it personally, I had difficulties myself this last 12months and had to withdraw from a couple of offers. For which i was extremely sorry and felt like i had wasted kind peoples time - sometimes things are out of our control and just happen.

I would have no issues renting again to anyone if and when i have spare points and i am sure you will find that you will get renters without any trouble - Good Luck

Proud owners at AKV and SSR
Bahama Bay 2007, Port Orleans French Quarter 2008
OKW, BCV & AKV 2010, Going Back in 2013!!!

Bumbleink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
KemlynUltra
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleink View Post
Hi

Just to say that we rented points to a fantastic lady from the USA and she didn't have any problem dealing with me being in the UK. Did they say that you being in UK was the only issue?

In theory it shouldn't make any difference where you live, points and renting are the same wherever and the element of trust is no different, no matter where you come from. I wouldn't take it personally, I had difficulties myself this last 12months and had to withdraw from a couple of offers. For which i was extremely sorry and felt like i had wasted kind peoples time - sometimes things are out of our control and just happen.

I would have no issues renting again to anyone if and when i have spare points and i am sure you will find that you will get renters without any trouble - Good Luck
Yep - I booked their request with member services and then when I mentioned I was in the UK it spooked them and they pulled out!

I'll give it a bit longer and try not to take it personally!!!!
KemlynUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemlynUltra View Post
Has anyone got any experience renting points to people in the US or Canada on the boards?

I've just had a sale fall through because the buyer didn't want to deal with me as I was from the UK!!!!
How strange. My DD regularly rents points via the DIS to US people with no fuss. Give it another chance, I'm sure they were just one-offs...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: