Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #16
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

OK, really! I know I've been to your PTR before because I remember seeing your photos (you and your DH are so adorable together!!!) and your scrapbooking (you're making me want to give it a go even more!!!) and yet somehow I haven't posted here yet. Well, consider me signed on

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
7/20

Arrival Day:

Flight leaves San Antonio 7:40 am and arrives in Burbank at 9:45 am.

This day will be our run around day. We want to go to some beaches, see Hollywood, Griffith Observatory and eat somewhere cool that we would only find in L.A. (Suggestions welcome )

Depending on what time we get to HOJO, if DL is open till 12:00 am, I'm guessing we won't be able to wait till the next day and we'll have to hop on over there. (What time is Pixie Hollow typically open till?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Since you'll be down in Hollywood, have you ever been to the Disney Soda Fountain?? or Pink's Hot Dogs?? We're planning on checking both out on our Hollywood day.....we're also checking out the Farmer's Market & there are a ton of restaurants there as well.
This was the first thing that popped into my head if you are interested in adding in another Disney-themed stop. It's right next to the El Capitan Theatre and across from Grauman's Chinese Theatre so add in the footprint forecourt and the stars on Hollywood Blvd. and there's a lot to see there. Not to mention you can get a delicious sundae! Here's a small peek into my afternoon there from back in September (we were 1 week shy of seeing Snow White at the El Capitan, I was heartbroken -- I love Snow White!!) if you wanted to get a better idea of what's there.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #17
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
OK, really! I know I've been to your PTR before because I remember seeing your photos (you and your DH are so adorable together!!!) and your scrapbooking (you're making me want to give it a go even more!!!) and yet somehow I haven't posted here yet. Well, consider me signed on

This was the first thing that popped into my head if you are interested in adding in another Disney-themed stop. It's right next to the El Capitan Theatre and across from Grauman's Chinese Theatre so add in the footprint forecourt and the stars on Hollywood Blvd. and there's a lot to see there. Not to mention you can get a delicious sundae! Here's a small peek into my afternoon there from back in September (we were 1 week shy of seeing Snow White at the El Capitan, I was heartbroken -- I love Snow White!!) if you wanted to get a better idea of what's there.
I so want to go there! It looks awesome!
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #18
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

*Outfit Update*

So I have all the outfits together, but don't know what day I want to where what. I typically try to not duplicate what colors I wore the previous time to each park but I always gravitate to the same colors Here is what I have so far....

I found this cute little jumper at Target this morning for $19.99! I want thinking of wearing this arrival day.

Not sure what day to wear this one, Mike will wear a white Tommy Bahama shirt

My shorts have a stripe of yellow in them. You can't really see from the photo. Mike's shirt is a bright yellow too. It looks a little washed out in the photo

I love this outfit

Mike's shirt is a chocolate brown. I love this shirt but I'm still stressing about it bc it isn't v-neck and I always where v-neck.

The days that I need to decide are arrival day, Day 1 MK, Day 2 DCA, Day 3 Universal and Day 4 is MM at MK and DCA.

Let me know what ya'll think. I'm keeping the same Yellow Box sandals except I might wear black wedges with the jumper.
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
Old 06-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #19
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Dining Plan Changes

Since the WOC Dining Packages were announced, I got on the phone and changes our ressies. I of course want the WOC dining. We choose WCT for Wed July 21 @7:10. I originally made the ressie for 7:00, but later received a call to change it. Mike and I are having a hard time deciding if we should change to AG bc people's experiences at WCT overall have not been good We kept the ressies for Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans and dropped Carnation Cafe. I'm not sure what we will eat on Friday when we are at Universal. I know they have City Walk, any suggestions?????
Old 06-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #20
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since the WOC Dining Packages were announced, I got on the phone and changes our ressies. I of course want the WOC dining. We choose WCT for Wed July 21 @7:10. I originally made the ressie for 7:00, but later received a call to change it. Mike and I are having a hard time deciding if we should change to AG bc people's experiences at WCT overall have not been good We kept the ressies for Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans and dropped Carnation Cafe. I'm not sure what we will eat on Friday when we are at Universal. I know they have City Walk, any suggestions?????
Hm. Something to keep in mind about WCT is that it just reopened after a remodel, so throwing in the WOC craziness I think it may be reasonable to think that they are just going through a little bump in the road. When or if that may be smoothed out is anyone's guess. But until the re-opening and WOC dining packages started I don't honestly remember ever hearing a lot of negative talk about WCT. But I've also never eaten there, lol. When they called you to change your PS time, what did that end up working out to be? My general understanding is that the earlier your meal, the better.

I'm not much help on dining outside of DLR however!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #21
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hm. Something to keep in mind about WCT is that it just reopened after a remodel, so throwing in the WOC craziness I think it may be reasonable to think that they are just going through a little bump in the road. When or if that may be smoothed out is anyone's guess. But until the re-opening and WOC dining packages started I don't honestly remember ever hearing a lot of negative talk about WCT. But I've also never eaten there, lol. When they called you to change your PS time, what did that end up working out to be? My general understanding is that the earlier your meal, the better.

I'm not much help on dining outside of DLR however!
It's so funny that you posted =) I'm actually reading your PTR right now! I also just went to my mailbox and guess what I had????? The cutest alien green Mickey heads ever!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!! I really do appreciate it. I do understand about WCT and I'm thinking and hoping by July, it'll all be worked out. Now I'm back to your PTR
Old 06-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #22
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's so funny that you posted =) I'm actually reading your PTR right now! I also just went to my mailbox and guess what I had????? The cutest alien green Mickey heads ever!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!! I really do appreciate it. I do understand about WCT and I'm thinking and hoping by July, it'll all be worked out. Now I'm back to your PTR
for LGMH mail! I'm glad you got them. I'm always a little worried something wont make it someone on an error my side (because I suck at writing addresses down sometimes!!). Hope you spot a couple others while you're there! It's fun when you see the little green tags and go "HEY!" a DIS'er!!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #23
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Stephanie - if you guys like hot dogs, be sure to try the new Pinks Hot Dogs that just opened up at Universal CityWalk when you get there. (Finally, Pinks is branching out to more places than just its stand on La Brea.) They used to have a Tony Roma's in CityWalk - not sure if it's still there. They've added in more good restaurants since I was last there so I'm forgetting what else to suggest.... I have to jog my memory of what's there.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #24
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Stephanie - if you guys like hot dogs, be sure to try the new Pinks Hot Dogs that just opened up at Universal CityWalk when you get there. (Finally, Pinks is branching out to more places than just its stand on La Brea.) They used to have a Tony Roma's in CityWalk - not sure if it's still there. They've added in more good restaurants since I was last there so I'm forgetting what else to suggest.... I have to jog my memory of what's there.
What's the best thing to get at Pink's? Can you leave US and go to City Walk and get back in on the same day? I'm thinking of eating there for lunch?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #25
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
for LGMH mail! I'm glad you got them. I'm always a little worried something wont make it someone on an error my side (because I suck at writing addresses down sometimes!!). Hope you spot a couple others while you're there! It's fun when you see the little green tags and go "HEY!" a DIS'er!!
So did you cut them to create your's or just peel them off? Also, have you ever scrapbooked before?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #26
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So did you cut them to create your's or just peel them off? Also, have you ever scrapbooked before?
They peel off. Try it carefully since you've never done it before, but I usually start with one of the ears and then work from there. When I make mine I paste two together after I peel them off and then use these little self-laminating sheets to make them a little more durable. It depends on how you want yours to look. Some people leave them on, some people peel them off and put them on another background like a thicker cardstock. I thought we had a thread dedicated to LGMH photos but I did a search and couldn't find it!

And scrapbooking? Only in my thoughts, lol. I've wanted to try starting for a long time but as of yet I haven't. I've been stocking up on Disney stuff because I've really want to scrapbook my trips for as long as I can remember. Someday I will!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #27
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
What's the best thing to get at Pink's? Can you leave US and go to City Walk and get back in on the same day? I'm thinking of eating there for lunch?
Well, they have so many different varieties of hot dogs - and burgers too. I am partial to just a basic chili burger or chili dog with very few toppings. The chili is really the star of the show there, so when there is too much other stuff on it, it takes away from the chili for me. But they have all kinds of crazy stuff on those burgers and dogs, and people eat 'em up like they are going out of style. The line for Pink's on La Brea is always crazy long because it's so popular. I haven't been to the CityWalk location yet, but I bet it will be very popular too. There are also other places there like Buca di Beppo, Bubba Gump's, Tommy's Hamburgers, Tony Roma's - all kinds of places to chow down at CityWalk.

Yes, CityWalk and Universal Studios are right next to each other, essentially. You can walk from one to another easily and back again. You'll see signs when you get there.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #28
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Joining in . You are cracking my up already with all the outfits. My DH makes fun of me for packing too early, so I should show him all of your plans The outfits all look cute to me.

Your scrapbooking pages are adorable. My husband and I also started dating in '99 and we had a Disneyland engagement and a WDW honeymoon, but all different years from yours.

We are staying at the Hojo for the first time in October so I can't wait to read more!

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #29
koalagirl5
Mouseketeer

Just saying hi! I have to say, you guys are adorable!! The outfits are cute, too. I like them all.

Count me in for the journey.

My June 2010 Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2444446
koalagirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #30
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Hi! You are going the same days as me! We are going to do the park hoppers. My birthday is the 21st of Jul so we are going to celebrate that! I'm really excited because it's been over a year since the last time I've been to DL.

So seriously look for a brown girl with stitch ears walking around. That will be me! And depending on which day you see us a really bright orange lily in my hair.

Your plans look great! We are going to US. But when we come to see the in laws in August. We are only spending two days there and the going down to see the in laws in SD.

I can't wait for out trips!! You live in SA? I was there 6 months ago for work for three months. I like it there! It's a very nice city!

I love your outfits! Your like me! I have a themed color that I wear every trip we go. So that way I don't have to pack a bunch of different shoes. Because I'm known to be a shoe horder!
TokyoDina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: