Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 01:37 AM   #91
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lborne View Post
I get that a lot from ex girlfriends.
Nice editing!
WDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #92
DisneyCruiser83
You jump, I jump, Jack!

Best trip report ever. Hands down. Aside from your outlandish remarks about me and my fellow Gators. It's okay, I know it is just to mask your jealousy.

"The sea is His for He made it and His hands formed the dry land." Psalm 95:5
DisneyCruiser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #93
lborne
It all started with a rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser83 View Post
Best trip report ever. Hands down. Aside from your outlandish remarks about me and my fellow Gators. It's okay, I know it is just to mask your jealousy.
I'm actually amazed I have not gotten any death threats from Gator fans. Not even any nasty emails. Guess you guys can take a joke after all, but then again, that was obvious with Tebow in there.

Seriously, I have tons of respect for the Gators and if they are not playing LSU, I'm one of their biggest fans.
lborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #94
ScottishMummyof2
Earning My Ears

Stayed up very late reading your TR!! I'm a bit bleary eyed this morning but I got lots of laughs - and more important fab tips for our trip on Wonder in 9 weeks Thanks for a great read......
ScottishMummyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #95
Dizney73
DIS Veteran

I saw that you said you took a bottle of wine and some coconut rum on board...how did you pack it??? Was it just in your carry on? And Disney really doesn't care???? Maybe I can just borrow your ODCLDOTDPG... I can pay you $3.95!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #96
lborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizney73 View Post
I saw that you said you took a bottle of wine and some coconut rum on board...how did you pack it??? Was it just in your carry on? And Disney really doesn't care???? Maybe I can just borrow your ODCLDOTDPG... I can pay you $3.95!
I'll never part with that ODCLDOTDPG. We've been through a lot together. I walk around the house with it hoping that one day a Disney Cruise Cast Member is going to pop out of the closet and offer to refill it. Plus, they are great out by the pool being plastic and all.

I filled a plastic water bottle with the rum, and we wrapped the bottles of wine in T-shirts and it all went into a carry on. Disney does not care if you bring alchohol on board. There are lots of posts about this if you want more information, but basically, if you can carry it on, you can bring it. They don't like it in your checked bags as it could break and stain other suitcases. Our friends brought their wine in a box. You can now get decent table wines in boxes at Sams Club and Target. Its not your father's boxed wine - its actually not too bad. Anyway, the small box is 2 bottles and they removed the plastic bag from the box so that it could conform to the shape of their carry on. No glass to break, but don't put any sharp objects near it.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:11 AM   #97
nsiordia
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the laughs!

DL AP HOLDERS

Sailed to the Mexican Riviera on the Wonder January 2012 - best cruise ever!
nsiordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #98
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Loved the TR!! I was laughing out loud for most of it.

We did our first cruise (DCL) in June 2009. It was a 4 night on the Wonder. Was GREAT!! I had a collection of ODCLDOTDPG's. I kept saying I would bring it with me when I'd leave the room but never did. In the end I tried packing them to bring home but DH wouldn't let me. So I have no ODCLDOTDPG here at home. BOO! Next time I'm not asking. We cruise again June 2011 for a 5 night on the Dream. Can't wait!!
Old 08-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #99
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

In anticipation of my upcoming Disney cruise I started to read some trip reports (reading trip reports can be depressing if you don't have something in the works).

I generally like to read them to get me in the mood and ramp up the excitement (like I really need to ). Most are fun cause you get to see pictures or something they say sparks memories.

So it was great fun reading your trip report with all the laughs! (and yes, most of the jokes were funny - if not cute ) Thanks for giving me a great time reading your trip report!!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #100
kimistry6
DIS Veteran

I really loved this TR. The humor mixed in really made it great to read. The pics were great too!
kimistry6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #101
Tinkerkell123
DIS Veteran

Thanks for an awesome TR!! You are hilarious and completely derailed my work-day today... Oh, well, it was WAY more fun taking that trip with you! You have to do another TR soon!!!

The DaSilva's are:
Bert(DH), Kelli (DW),Alex (DD13) and Kevin(DS10)
* !!Theme Park Commandos!! WDW Commando Member # 223
My 1st cruise TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35341965
Tinkerkell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:16 PM   #102
Lokkabear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell123 View Post
Thanks for an awesome TR!! You are hilarious and completely derailed my work-day today... Oh, well, it was WAY more fun taking that trip with you! You have to do another TR soon!!!
Thanks to Tinkerbell123, making dinner, some random chores and my book reading for tonight was thrown offtrack! She sent me the link to your TR and I spent the entire evening reading it, laughing and wondering if the writer of this TR and I are somehow related! However my husband has informed me that being a smart @$$ is not entirely hereditary(even though my oldest{20} would disagree). I truely enjoyed the sarcasm/jokes and even the woman bashing...lol. It was a teriffic read! I look forward to your next TR. Actually, since I was reading your TR, DH was kind enough to make dinner for the family! See! A man who knows his place!(JK) Have a great day and I look forward to your next TR!!!

PS: Thanks for the tips!

Brian(DH) , Chrisse(me), Kayle(DS 13), Brooke(DD 11)
Love your ememies.... It really ticks them off
Lokkabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #103
lborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokkabear View Post
Thanks to Tinkerbell123, making dinner, some random chores and my book reading for tonight was thrown offtrack! She sent me the link to your TR and I spent the entire evening reading it, laughing and wondering if the writer of this TR and I are somehow related! However my husband has informed me that being a smart @$$ is not entirely hereditary(even though my oldest{20} would disagree). I truely enjoyed the sarcasm/jokes and even the woman bashing...lol. It was a teriffic read! I look forward to your next TR. Actually, since I was reading your TR, DH was kind enough to make dinner for the family! See! A man who knows his place!(JK) Have a great day and I look forward to your next TR!!!

PS: Thanks for the tips!
Unfortunately, I think my next cruise is going to be a New Years cruise on HAL. Prices and ports are just too good to pass up.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #104
anna08
DIS Veteran

I think all of your followers wouldn't mind you posting a TR of your HAL cruise on this board. Yes, we are pathetic in our need of a few free laughs!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #105
lborne

Thanks for the support, but it looks like the HAL cruise is out. The kids wanted to see snow, so we are going to head up north on some kind of land trip over the new years holiday.

Maybe next year when I have Disney annual passes I'll write a report of one of my trips. Lots of good material at the world.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: