Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #121
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Ouch!! Your sunburn looks painful! But you took a beautiful pic anyway Loved the pics from the tender to your ship - those ships are so huge!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #122
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Great update, Missy! I agree...that picture of the two of you is great! You look so happy and relaxed (and skinny....phew - I'm jealous)!! The dinner sounds nice - what fun to make new friends - I feel like I would be too shy to really meet people like that! I'm much better at fake internet friends!! J/K!

Cool towel monkey!

Looking forward to Nassau!

Sara
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #123
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update Missy! You got some really beautiful pictures heading back to the ship.

The picture of the two of you turned out so good!! Ahh... You both look very happy to be there!

Your evening sounds like it was a lot of fun...first dinner and then entertainment! What a great night!!!

Oh and I love the towel creation!! How cute is that!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your day at Nassau!!
Thanks Angie! Jeff and I really enjoyed our dinner every night...I loved getting dressed up and our tablemates were a lot of fun! More towel creations to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Just finished reading about your fabulous day snorkling and hammocking, and the fun evening you shared afterward! I am jealous of everything, except your sunburn!

Great towel monkey... at least Green Cat had somebody to keep her company in the stateroom!

Looking forward to more!

Kathy
Yeah....that sunburn was ! I really had no idea I was getting that much sun.

Yep..Green Cat had several friends to keep her from getting lonely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Ouch!! Your sunburn looks painful! But you took a beautiful pic anyway Loved the pics from the tender to your ship - those ships are so huge!!

The sunburn was really not painful....except for the backs of my knees. It hurt to cross my legs! The ships really are HUGE! And ours was one of the smaller cruise ships out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Great update, Missy! I agree...that picture of the two of you is great! You look so happy and relaxed (and skinny....phew - I'm jealous)!! The dinner sounds nice - what fun to make new friends - I feel like I would be too shy to really meet people like that! I'm much better at fake internet friends!! J/K!

Cool towel monkey!

Looking forward to Nassau!

Sara
I generally don't do well in a crowd of new people, but it was just two other couples and we really hit it off right away. I enjoyed dinner each night...and unlike other tables in the dining room, we ALL came to dinner EVERY night. We also did things together outside of dinner. I admit, I was nervous about the thought of meeting new people at first, but it really was one of my favorite things about the trip.

I'm proud to be your fake internet friend!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:50 AM   #124
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great end to your day!! Jeff shares a birthday with my brother!! LOVE your formal picture!! It turned out very nice!!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #125
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I loved your latest update. I know I say that every time but I really do.

The pictures you took going back to the boat really put the size of the ship into perspective. It looks hugemongous!

I would have bought the formal picture too because it's just so darned good. You guys make such a cute couple. Oh and I found it extremely funny that you two would race to see who would get back to the room first. That sounds just like something John and I would do.

I laughed outloud when you talked about the tablemate pulling out the itinerary from her bra. Many years ago, we had an old woman going to our church that, let's just say, was a little "off". She would walk up to people and give them peppermint from her bra.

What a great thing it is that you were seated at a table with such good people. I am sure it could have become quite awkward if you were seated with some fuddyduddies.

As usual, looking forward to the next installment.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #126
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post

[
Once I beat Jeff to the room as usual, we took turns showering. When I say the bathroom was tiny, I mean it! You could literally sit on the toilet and reach the sink to brush your teeth, or be in the shower and reach things you forgot on the counter!

this sounds like my bathroom off Matt and my bedroom....teeny but I'll take it over sharing a bathroom w/ 4 kids...now if my view was ocean and beach day...hey that would be cool

Although we had used sunscreen liberally while on CoCo Cay, I don't think either one of us realized how strong the sun was or how sunburned we had become! The worst was the backs of our legs....while snorkeling that is the part of your body getting the most sun and we just didn't sunscreen enough! So.....we were a little pink and a little sore, but it was well worth it!

OUCH....but hey you don't look pink at all in your picture

Once again you guys look wonderful!

do you see the hidden Mickey

great updates....this is such a treat to read!

J~
Old 06-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #127
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Sounds like a great end to your day!! Jeff shares a birthday with my brother!! LOVE your formal picture!! It turned out very nice!!
Thanks so much Becky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I loved your latest update. I know I say that every time but I really do.

The pictures you took going back to the boat really put the size of the ship into perspective. It looks hugemongous!

I would have bought the formal picture too because it's just so darned good. You guys make such a cute couple. Oh and I found it extremely funny that you two would race to see who would get back to the room first. That sounds just like something John and I would do.

I laughed outloud when you talked about the tablemate pulling out the itinerary from her bra. Many years ago, we had an old woman going to our church that, let's just say, was a little "off". She would walk up to people and give them peppermint from her bra.

What a great thing it is that you were seated at a table with such good people. I am sure it could have become quite awkward if you were seated with some fuddyduddies.

As usual, looking forward to the next installment.
LOL! Jeff and I running down the halls laughing like kids....priceless!

I don't know how they match people up at tables, but they did a good job with ours! Jeff got a kick out of J pulling the schedule out of her bra every night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
do you see the hidden Mickey

great updates....this is such a treat to read!

J~
I didn't see the Hidden Mickey...but I do now!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #128
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

OT--Proud Mom Moment

Sorry for the OT post, but I just wanted to share a few pictures of my oldest son Dan. He attended his school's Freshman Formal this past Friday....his first big dance! I am so proud of the grown-up young man he is becoming--I just had to share!

Dan's group of friends before the dance.

Dan and his date, Kelsey.

My boy!

The corsage he picked out for Kelsey.

Thanks for letting me have my proud mom moment!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #129
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great pictures Missy!!! You should be so proud! Oh and what a beautiful corsage he picked out!! It's so pretty!!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #130
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Awww Missy, Dan has grown up so much over the last couple of years. Isn't is amazing how quickly they grow into young men.

Wait, before I go.....I don't see the hidden Mickey. Somebody point it out to me.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #131
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lisa....look at the balloons on the yellow balloon...they make a Mickey head!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #132
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lisa....look at the balloons on the yellow balloon...they make a Mickey head!
I was overlooking the obvious! Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #133
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Aww! What sweet pictures!! His date is adorable! And he looks all grown up!!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #134
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great pictures Missy!!! You should be so proud! Oh and what a beautiful corsage he picked out!! It's so pretty!!
Yeah...he did a great job! I made him go with me to pick out the flowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Awww Missy, Dan has grown up so much over the last couple of years. Isn't is amazing how quickly they grow into young men.
It really does go by quickly...I can't believe he's almost 16 and old enough to go to a formal. It is so bittersweet. I am so proud of him and it's great to watch him grow up and mature...but sometimes I just want my little boy back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Aww! What sweet pictures!! His date is adorable! And he looks all grown up!!
He does look all grown up, doesn't he? His date really is adorable...according to him they are not "together", but I did get him to admit that he likes her. She's not allowed to date officially until she's 16, so I think he's waiting!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #135
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

so handsome and his date such a cute girl! love the corsage very dainty...
I love group shots with all the friends always so much fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: