Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #91
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

What a great TR!!!!!!!!! You are a very good story teller and I feel every emotion you are. Wow!

Your travel day story was just. . . ughhhhhh! I just couldn't stop reading until I knew you had made it to Florida! Thank goodness for your DH's cool handling of the situation. I know mine would have done the same while I was twitting out about not being able to go. So a BIG to our DH's out there who make all our dreams reality!

Your pictures are all so wonderful. You guys look just so relaxed and in heaven. Can't wait to see more of your photos.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #92
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

What a great update Missy!! Love all the pictures!!! I was showing DH your TR the other day...and I think I may have him talked into a cruise yet! Ahh...you guys look so happy and relaxed!! It really was paradise!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #93
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Awww! Church camp! I have lots of wonderful memories of church camp--one of my favorite summer activities! Isaiah's face is priceless! What a great surprise and a smart mama to wrap his gift up that way!!

Great cruise update!! The private island looks amazing!! You look soooo relaxed! I can't believe you snorkeled when you have issues with fish--I'm the same way and don't think I'll ever be that brave!!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #94
Sue F UK
Florida keeps me poor...but happy

Love your reports Missy,

We are going on this same cruise in July and can't wait. I hope we manage to see CocoCay, it sounds wonderful.

If at first you don't succeed...... then skydiving is probably not for you!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:47 AM   #95
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
WOW! Another update Awesome that you guys went snorkeling!!! I have always wanted to try that

You guys look so relaxed! I am so jealous...your cover up is soooo adorable! I love purple. Great update!!
I'm glad I braved it again after my last awful experience. Jeff LOVED it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Missy when you take a cruise and you go off on their private island is everything inclusive (food I mean) like on the cruise itself?!?

The barbecue on the island was all included, yes. The same things that are included ON the ship were included on the island.....food and lemonade or iced tea. Likewise as on the ship, alcohol was extra.

still not sure what we are doing next year...Wendy really has us wanting to go to the south pacific the prices are better than HI but the airfare OMG!
so I have been thinking (Have not said anything to Danny) Disney cruise! I found one for all three of us for $2300 4 days next May... he keeps talking Lake Tahoe :

We did the 4 night cruise, rental car for 3 days, and 3 days in Orlando for just under $2500. May is a great time to cruise!

Back to you! the pictures of Coco Cay are great and I can not wait to see the underwater shots! I have never snorkeled we were going to give it a try in July when we head to the FL gulf coast but that seems to be out due to oil

Connie
How sad that your Gulf Coast trip is out. UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Woo-hoo! Great update, Missy! Love those pictures! Your fish story cracked me up! I'm not a fan either - and you will never catch me snorkeling! (And my family owns an underwater construction company and I work there! LOL!)

But I could definitely hang out on the beach with a book and an adult beverage! Woo-hoo!!

Sara
LOL! You know me and fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
Great pics Missy! I am LOVING your TR so far! I'm still working on a possible trip up this summer. So far, it seems like I don't get a birthday with AJ again! His birthday is July 6th and it falls when my mother in law has time off from work so she usually takes the kids for 2 weeks! We just velebrate his birthday before or after! This is gonna be the last year for that though!!!!!!!! If I can swing it, it looks like it'll be the last week in June when I'm in Buffalo....I'll keep you posted!
The last week in June will be busy for me, but let me know when you decide to come for sure and I'll see what I can free up! We go on a 10 day camping trip over 4th of July so I'll be busy getting the family ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Oh my gosh... six pages! How did I miss this?!

Going back now to read...

Okay! Thanks to the handy-dandy links, I'm all caught up!

I was on the edge of my seat reading about your travel glitches and "hindsight!"
So, so glad that everything worked out and you made it on time!

Missy, I'll bet that was the best Pina Colada you ever had!

Can't wait for more!

Kathy
Welcome Kathy! So glad you found me! I could go for one of those Pina Coladas right about now, actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
Hey Missy...I missed a couple updates but I'm joining in on the fun! Alrighty, now back to catch up!

*keala*
Hi there and Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
What a romantic time together. I love your beach cover up - so pretty!
Thanks Carissa. It really was a very romantic trip...so nice to just spend time together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
What a great TR!!!!!!!!! You are a very good story teller and I feel every emotion you are. Wow!

Your travel day story was just. . . ughhhhhh! I just couldn't stop reading until I knew you had made it to Florida! Thank goodness for your DH's cool handling of the situation. I know mine would have done the same while I was twitting out about not being able to go. So a BIG to our DH's out there who make all our dreams reality!

Your pictures are all so wonderful. You guys look just so relaxed and in heaven. Can't wait to see more of your photos.
Thanks so much! That travel day was a mess...but the ship more than made up for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
What a great update Missy!! Love all the pictures!!! I was showing DH your TR the other day...and I think I may have him talked into a cruise yet! Ahh...you guys look so happy and relaxed!! It really was paradise!
YAY! If you go on a cruise you will have to share the details! I can't wait to go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Awww! Church camp! I have lots of wonderful memories of church camp--one of my favorite summer activities! Isaiah's face is priceless! What a great surprise and a smart mama to wrap his gift up that way!!

Great cruise update!! The private island looks amazing!! You look soooo relaxed! I can't believe you snorkeled when you have issues with fish--I'm the same way and don't think I'll ever be that brave!!
We love our church camp! We go to family camp over the 4th of July and all of my boys go to camp as well, either Kid's Camp or Youth Camp. It's a beautiful area, but most of all it's time spent with great people!

I really try to keep my distance from the fish when snorkeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue F UK View Post
Love your reports Missy,

We are going on this same cruise in July and can't wait. I hope we manage to see CocoCay, it sounds wonderful.
I hope you make it to CoCo Cay as well....it is gorgeous! We completely enjoyed the ship and the crew was outstanding!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:47 AM   #96
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

We did the 4 night cruise, rental car for 3 days, and 3 days in Orlando for just under $2500. May is a great time to cruise!

That is price Danny likes to hear! I like the beginning of May end of April (Easter is at the end of April next year, I think)

How sad that your Gulf Coast trip is out. UGH!

this oil may be affecting a cruise to the Atlantic next year, too! I sit every evening watching the predictions...seen the tarballs on the white beaches of FL today! ....I may need to give camping a try this summer(like you guys) and head up to northern AL and TN--never did it and don't know what I think about it! ...I remeber that beautiful trip your family went on last summer...
Old 06-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #97
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I liked your picture of Coco Cay but I have to say I would rather go to Castaway Cay. Link to my flikr set for Castaway Cay Disney Cruise Lines private island

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 06-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #98
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
I may need to give camping a try this summer(like you guys) and head up to northern AL and TN--never did it and don't know what I think about it! ...I remeber that beautiful trip your family went on last summer...[/COLOR]
We LOVE camping...but it's not for everyone! Did you camp as a kid with your family?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #99
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I liked your picture of Coco Cay but I have to say I would rather go to Castaway Cay. Link to my flikr set for Castaway Cay Disney Cruise Lines private island
Yeah...unfortunately it just wasn't in the budget this year.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #100
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

H,i GREAT report!! I LOVE hearing about the cruise with just you and DH. We also have 3 children (a DD and 2 DS's) they are older but the only time we cruised was a whole family trip. I am thinking of doing a 4 day in Feb.2011. We just have one left at home and he will be 17 and a junior in HS. So even though we would bring him on the trip,I doubt he would be hanging out with us!! And as you did,I would definitely have to add on a few days at WDW!! Joan
Old 06-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #101
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Missy

the trip looks ans sounds amazing thus far....I was retelling your arrival story many times over while we were in Atlanta and you'll understnad why when I do my mini OT report shortly in my PTR...

I would have been right there w/ you screaming if a fish was swimming and touching me.... yes I'm a little scardy girl.

can't wait for more

J~
Old 06-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #102
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan S. View Post
H,i GREAT report!! I LOVE hearing about the cruise with just you and DH. We also have 3 children (a DD and 2 DS's) they are older but the only time we cruised was a whole family trip. I am thinking of doing a 4 day in Feb.2011. We just have one left at home and he will be 17 and a junior in HS. So even though we would bring him on the trip,I doubt he would be hanging out with us!! And as you did,I would definitely have to add on a few days at WDW!! Joan
Hi and Welcome! The 4 day was perfect for our first cruise...just enough to get a taste, but still leave us wanting more! What? Your 17 year old doesn't want to hang out with you?? I can't imagine! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Missy

the trip looks ans sounds amazing thus far....I was retelling your arrival story many times over while we were in Atlanta and you'll understnad why when I do my mini OT report shortly in my PTR...

I would have been right there w/ you screaming if a fish was swimming and touching me.... yes I'm a little scardy girl.

can't wait for more

J~
Oh boy....can't wait to hear your Atlanta story!

I'm a scaredy girl too....at least we aren't denying it!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #103
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
We LOVE camping...but it's not for everyone! Did you camp as a kid with your family?
No, I have been camping maybe twice and it was in a pop up (maybe around the age of 8). Dayne just bought a tent two weeks ago so we were talking last night about maybe taking it and trying it one night. I think Ashton would have a blast...we'll see --still don't know what I think about it...afraid of the wildlife to be in a tent
Connie
Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #104
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

We Woke Up In Paradise!--part 2

We are currently enjoying a stroll around CoCo Cay and just enjoying the beautiful scenery! Jeff and I spent most of our day on Snorkel Beach, but we wanted to see the rest of the island. There were several beaches, a few areas set up for beach volleyball, a large inflatable slide for kids, a small “market” area, a spa where you could get massages, a few bar areas, and several picnic areas set up for the barbecue. I'll let the photos do most of the talking here....

Oh look.....coconuts!

Once we had made it around most of the island we decided it was time to refuel from all that snorkeling....so we hit the barbecue! Just as on the ship, all the food was included. The only items that cost extra were sodas or alcohol. They had ribs, chicken, corn on the cob, several types of salads, fruit, french fries, burgers, hot dogs, and several types of desserts. YUM!!

Enjoying my barbecue!

With full bellies, we grabbed an iced tea and a lemonade “to go” and headed over to check out the little market. We knew we would be doing most of our souvenir shopping in Nassau the next day, but we wanted to take a look anyway.

There were little hammocks scattered around in the shade of the trees. Since it was about 2:00, a lot of passengers had already left the island to go back to the ship. The last tender was scheduled to leave at 4:30.....Jeff and I had no intention of leaving until we HAD to! This WAS paradise after all! The hammocks were mostly abandoned so we tried them out!

We could really get used to this!

More vacation feet!

The view from my hammock.

With only a couple of hours left on CoCo Cay, we wanted to get some more snorkeling in. This time I took the underwater camera and tried to get some shots. I am going to scan and post them, but the colors of the fish and the coral reef just do not translate at all. Silly disposable cameras!

This was part of the sunken ship...the fish loved this area!

These are the “demon” fish that kept touching me!

Jeff....I kept trying to get a pic of him underwater, but none of them turned out. We get so spoiled with digital cameras being able to see the shot as soon as we take it!

He managed to get a good one of me. This picture just makes me giggle!

A couple views from our perspective!

This is the coolest thing we saw....it's a Caribbean Spiny Lobster hiding inside a sunken cannon. Jeff kept trying to entice him out....much to my dismay. But, lucky for me, he was happy right where he was!

We found this poster at the zoo in Nassau the next day and I took a picture of it so we could show the boys what we had seen.

We probably stayed in the water snorkeling for about an hour. We had such a blast! I never got seasick and you can see from the pics that the water was a little choppy. This was such a cool experience to share together and I'm so glad we did it!

Just a few more minutes to soak in the view of the gorgeous beach. We decided that we could wake up here every day for a very long time before we got tired of the view!

Green Cat agrees!

Sadly, at about 4:00, we made our way back to the tender to get in line with the rest of the stragglers to head back to the ship. Security is very tight and any time you get back on the ship, bags are x-rayed and you go through a metal detector just like at the airport. They were confiscating any shells that anyone may have had that were NOT purchased in a shop. Interesting! No piece of the Bahamas for you, mon!

Next up....back on the Monarch of the Seas and it's time to get all dressed up!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #105
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing I love it all! I really can't pick one above the other...although the hammock you were relaxing in looks mighty inviting!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: