Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #91
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So many great updates while I was out of town! I'm so glad you guys got the filets at Le Cellier - they are the best!!!!! Sorry that drinking around the world put a damper on you MK evening plans. I personally think its that food at Le Cellier - so good, but so filling.

I am glad you decided to go to AK on your last day. BTW - I love your topiary pictures and congrats for conquering your fear of butterflies (for a few seconds - at least) Great updates - don't want to see it end!
Lol...yeah Le Cellier definitely had something to do with us not making it to MK! It is very filling, you almost need a nap after you eat there!

Thanks, the topiaries were really cute, I wish they had them up all year! I'm sure all the people in the butterfly house thought I was insane for running through it like a crazy person...if they only knew how terrified I was!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #92
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

I adore the pic with the bunnies! I will definitely be on the lookout for them when we go! That was too adorable!!!!
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #93
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
I adore the pic with the bunnies! I will definitely be on the lookout for them when we go! That was too adorable!!!!
Thanks, they are really cute! I thought it was so adorable that Miss Bunny was dancing with a little girl before we came up to them, I almost felt bad interrupting!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 06-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #94
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

O.M.G!!!! I love the pictures!!!

Are they always over in CMM now? No one wanted to take the time to find them our our last trip, and that is one of my Top 5 things I have to do this year!!!!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #95
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Hey!! I am sooo sorry I haven't posted on your TR in so long! I've been a little slack with my comments lately.

I am so sad that your TR is almost finished! I love reading about your trip and you guys are such a cute couple! And girl, I don't know what you are talking about not liking most of the pictures of yourself, because I think you look lovely! Every picture taken of me at Disney I look like I am drowning in my own sweat! You look gorgeous in yours!

I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF YOU GUYS WITH THE BUNNIES! I sat here and freaked out over that for like twenty minutes. Love it love it love it!

I am so glad that someone else shares my passion for ToT. That is just the best ride ever!!

As soon as you finish this TR I hope you start your PTR because I want to read more from you!!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #96
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
O.M.G!!!! I love the pictures!!!

Are they always over in CMM now? No one wanted to take the time to find them our our last trip, and that is one of my Top 5 things I have to do this year!!!!
I think they are always over there, they have been for a few months, hopefully they will keep them there until your trip! They're so cute, I would hope they wouldn't get rid of them anytime soon! It's nice to have random characters at certain places, I wouldn't want Thumper and Miss Bunny to be in every park, that would make it less fun searching for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Hey!! I am sooo sorry I haven't posted on your TR in so long! I've been a little slack with my comments lately.

I am so sad that your TR is almost finished! I love reading about your trip and you guys are such a cute couple! And girl, I don't know what you are talking about not liking most of the pictures of yourself, because I think you look lovely! Every picture taken of me at Disney I look like I am drowning in my own sweat! You look gorgeous in yours!

I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF YOU GUYS WITH THE BUNNIES! I sat here and freaked out over that for like twenty minutes. Love it love it love it!

I am so glad that someone else shares my passion for ToT. That is just the best ride ever!!

As soon as you finish this TR I hope you start your PTR because I want to read more from you!!
Don't worry about the lack of comments, I try to stay on top of the ptr's/tr's that I'm subscribed to and it gets hard to keep up sometimes!

Awww thanks for saying we are a cute couple...I think my DH looks weird in some of the pictures. He insists on shaving his head, which I hate right after he does it, and he shaved it like, 2 days before our wedding! I begged him not to weeks before, I wanted him to have something, and he promised he wouldn't...but he did! I swear, I almost had a nervous breakdown when he came home with no hair right before our wedding! But that just means he looks ridiculous in most of our Disney pics too! I don't mind it after it grows in after a few weeks, but right after...ugh.

And my pictures are not good...there are maybe 3 that I actually like, the rest of them I'm making a weird face, or I look too fat, or my hair looks crazy...it's impossible for my hair to look good in Disney, the humidity just totally ruins it, and the water in FL is weird, my hair does not like it! I saw your pics on your ptr, you look perfect in every one, I don't know what you're talking about!

I don't want my TR to end either! But at least I'll have 5 months of a PTR to look forward to!

(Thanks again, Keala, for teaching me to multi quote, look, it works! )

Old 06-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #97
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Day 5, continued. Last time at MK.

I left off at us finishing up at AK and getting ready to head to MK. It was pretty early still, I think before 11, so I was hoping MK wasn't too busy yet. I still haven't been on Space Mountain this whole trip, and I had to do it at least once!

When we got to MK, that's exactly where we went as soon as we walked in...we got FP's, and then checked the standby line...it was 30 minutes, I think, something like that, so we decided we might as well just wait!

I don't think it took 30 minutes in line, it took maybe 20, it moves pretty quickly in there! When they put us in line, I was upset because Brandon was in a different car than I was...he was in the back of the first one and I was in the front of the second one. I wanted to ask if we could wait til the next one so we could sit together, but whatever, I didn't want to ruin the line, so we just rode that way!

Space Mountain was fun, as always, you have to love SM, it's such a classic! I really want to go to Disneyland one day and see how different theirs is, because I don't know how it could be much different than the WDW one! All DL fanatics say it's better though!

After SM, I made us go over to Toontown, to walk through what could be one last time! I love that area so much...and it seemed like everyone had the same idea! It was crowded...there was a line out the door of Minnie's house, so we couldn't even walk through it! I had to settle for taking a picture of her house

(kind of mad that random guy is in my picture! I'll have to crop him out somehow! )

We then decided to walk through Mickey's house since surprisingly, there was no one waiting to get in there

I love his kitchen!

Awww Pluto's house!

Hee hee...DH was NOT happy with me making him stand next to the mailbox for a picture!

We didn't go inside to meet Mickey, we figured the wait would be too long, and I was going to try the fairies but again, I assumed they would have a crazy wait too, so we left Toontown.

We started to walk towards Fantasyland because another must do ride that we haven't done was Winnie the Pooh, so we decided to get FP's for it (we decided not to use our SM FP's after all, since the wait wasn't too bad). I was looking at all the walls hiding the soon to be construction, where Pooh's tree used to be (I LOVE that tree, it's out in front of his ride right now, but it's hidden by walls, I really hope they find a home for it!) and I noticed they had descriptions of some of the things that were going to go up in it's place

Closer so you can read it

They also had a description of Belle's restaurant but I didn't take a picture of that. I'm excited for the new Fantasyland, but I don't like how they had to move Pooh's tree and they have to get rid of Toontown!

We got our FP's which gave us about an hour or so to kill...so what did we do next? Something oh so fun and exciting!

I'm going to stop there in an attempt to drag out my little TR for as long as possible! Once it's over, that means my trip is truly over and I'm not ready for that!

Old 06-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #98
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

Don't worry about the lack of comments, I try to stay on top of the ptr's/tr's that I'm subscribed to and it gets hard to keep up sometimes!

Awww thanks for saying we are a cute couple...I think my DH looks weird in some of the pictures. He insists on shaving his head, which I hate right after he does it, and he shaved it like, 2 days before our wedding! I begged him not to weeks before, I wanted him to have something, and he promised he wouldn't...but he did! I swear, I almost had a nervous breakdown when he came home with no hair right before our wedding! But that just means he looks ridiculous in most of our Disney pics too! I don't mind it after it grows in after a few weeks, but right after...ugh.

And my pictures are not good...there are maybe 3 that I actually like, the rest of them I'm making a weird face, or I look too fat, or my hair looks crazy...it's impossible for my hair to look good in Disney, the humidity just totally ruins it, and the water in FL is weird, my hair does not like it! I saw your pics on your ptr, you look perfect in every one, I don't know what you're talking about!

I don't want my TR to end either! But at least I'll have 5 months of a PTR to look forward to!

(Thanks again, Keala, for teaching me to multi quote, look, it works! )
I know what you mean about the shaved heads...before my DH joined the Army he wore his hair almost to his shoulders. It was curly and beautiful! Then he joined the Army and it was helloooo buzzcut! It took some getting used to, but now I love it! If it starts to get longer I'm like, "Um...honey, you need a haircut!"

I guess when it comes to pictures we are all our own toughest critic! I for one think you look very pretty in your pictures! Thank you for saying that about my pictures, you are very sweet!

I can't wait to start reading your PTR! You're going a little while before I get to go, so I am counting on this and your TR when you get back to keep me going until my trip!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #99
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Yay! You updated while I was typing my last comment!! I love Space Mountain so much. Riding in the front is the best!

I always tell DH that he needs to build me a house like Minnie's! I love it! It's so cute and girly.

I don't blame you for wanting to drag it out! Keep it going as long as possible!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #100
hannahsmomtoo
Earning My Ears

Hooray !

Love your TR ! We leave Sunday for our first trip ever ! ( My ten year old daughter and I ) reading your TR has us all the more excited ! great pics!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #101
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmomtoo View Post
Love your TR ! We leave Sunday for our first trip ever ! ( My ten year old daughter and I ) reading your TR has us all the more excited ! great pics!

Thank you! I hope you have a great first trip, you're going to love WDW! Trip reports are a great way to get you excited!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #102
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know what you mean about the shaved heads...before my DH joined the Army he wore his hair almost to his shoulders. It was curly and beautiful! Then he joined the Army and it was helloooo buzzcut! It took some getting used to, but now I love it! If it starts to get longer I'm like, "Um...honey, you need a haircut!"

I guess when it comes to pictures we are all our own toughest critic! I for one think you look very pretty in your pictures! Thank you for saying that about my pictures, you are very sweet!

I can't wait to start reading your PTR! You're going a little while before I get to go, so I am counting on this and your TR when you get back to keep me going until my trip!
OMG...when my DH and I got together, he had long hair...it was to his shoulders, if not past them, and it was beautiful, long and kind of wavy at the ends, with these perfect natural highlights that you could never recreate in a salon, I loved it SOOOO much! Then he chopped it off (he's convinced he's going bald ) and he had this cute little short haircut for a while...then when he thought he was going even more bald, he just said forget this, and shaved it, and that's what he's been doing ever since! It definitely took some getting used to, and I'm not a fan of the day old shaved look, but whatever. It's a minor thing!

Thank you for saying I look nice in my pictures, I am very critical when it comes to pictures, which is why I never have a lot of myself from vacation, then I come home and regret not taking more! I think you look adorable in your pictures in your ptr, especially in the ones where you just arrived in WDW, you look so excited!

Quote:
Yay! You updated while I was typing my last comment!! I love Space Mountain so much. Riding in the front is the best!

I always tell DH that he needs to build me a house like Minnie's! I love it! It's so cute and girly.

I don't blame you for wanting to drag it out! Keep it going as long as possible!
Space Mountain is great! I wasn't in the real front though, you know how they have the 2 cars linked together? I was in the front of the second car and DH was in front of me in the 3rd seat of the first car. I thought it was stupid that they split us up like that, I kind of wish I did say something now!

Minnie's House is so adorable, I'm so upset I couldn't go in! I did get to go in my 2 previous trips though so I can't complain too much. I would love a house like that...well, maybe not to live in, but a shed in my yard or something. I'd love to live in the Tower of Terror...seriously, I'm so obsessed with it, I want to work in WDW just so I can be a ToT CM and explore it after the ride is closed for the night.

I'm trying to drag out my TR, but I really don't have a lot left! I am very excited to start my PTR, I've wanted to talk about my plans and ADR's soooo much but I've kept it all to myself for now because I don't want to be doing 2 reports at once! And I'm driving my DH crazy talking about our plans because we still have 5 and a half months to go and I talk about something every day...and he just does not get how I can obsess when it's still so far away! At least if I talk to DISers, you guys will get it!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #103
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

No problem Jen! glad I could help! Looks like you've the hang of it!! LOL!Awww what a bummer you folks were in different car!! I would've asked if we could be in the same car! Great pics of toon town! That place is just too cute! So sad it won't be there any longer! Can't wait for the expansion though!! Another reason to go back! I think it's a GREAT idea to drag out your TR!! I would do that same! I don't want it to be over!! That just means we have to go back to Disney World so we can start another TR right?! LOL! Can't wait for more!!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #104
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
OMG...when my DH and I got together, he had long hair...it was to his shoulders, if not past them, and it was beautiful, long and kind of wavy at the ends, with these perfect natural highlights that you could never recreate in a salon, I loved it SOOOO much! Then he chopped it off (he's convinced he's going bald ) and he had this cute little short haircut for a while...then when he thought he was going even more bald, he just said forget this, and shaved it, and that's what he's been doing ever since! It definitely took some getting used to, and I'm not a fan of the day old shaved look, but whatever. It's a minor thing!

Thank you for saying I look nice in my pictures, I am very critical when it comes to pictures, which is why I never have a lot of myself from vacation, then I come home and regret not taking more! I think you look adorable in your pictures in your ptr, especially in the ones where you just arrived in WDW, you look so excited!

Space Mountain is great! I wasn't in the real front though, you know how they have the 2 cars linked together? I was in the front of the second car and DH was in front of me in the 3rd seat of the first car. I thought it was stupid that they split us up like that, I kind of wish I did say something now!

Minnie's House is so adorable, I'm so upset I couldn't go in! I did get to go in my 2 previous trips though so I can't complain too much. I would love a house like that...well, maybe not to live in, but a shed in my yard or something. I'd love to live in the Tower of Terror...seriously, I'm so obsessed with it, I want to work in WDW just so I can be a ToT CM and explore it after the ride is closed for the night.

I'm trying to drag out my TR, but I really don't have a lot left! I am very excited to start my PTR, I've wanted to talk about my plans and ADR's soooo much but I've kept it all to myself for now because I don't want to be doing 2 reports at once! And I'm driving my DH crazy talking about our plans because we still have 5 and a half months to go and I talk about something every day...and he just does not get how I can obsess when it's still so far away! At least if I talk to DISers, you guys will get it!
How is it that men always manage to have beautiful amazing hair without even trying and then us girls spend hours and hours on our hair and we're never happy with it? It's just not fair! But they do have to deal with going bald eventually, which I guess makes up for it!

Look at it this way...if you take more pictures of yourself when you're on vacation, then you will have more to choose from so you can pick your favorites! That's my philosophy. Just ask my DH, I take WAYYYY too many pictures! Then I end up sorting through them and being like, "No...no...no...this one is okay...no...no...okay I like this one..." Thank you for saying that about my pictures! I was beyond excited. I always am at WDW, but since it was my first time it was even more so than usual!

That is not cool that they didn't let you guys sit together on Space Mountain. Next time if they try that I would definitely say something! You should be able to enjoy your ride, not be uncomfortable because you're sitting with strangers!

DH and I always talk about how we think they should open up a ToT themed resort at Disney. They have a ton of different resorts with different theming, but none have a "spooky" theme. If they had a ToT one we would totally stay there! They could have the creepy lobby and everything! That would be amazing!!

I'm torn because I don't want your TR to end but I really want to hear about your upcoming trip!! I can't wait to get all the details!!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #105
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
No problem Jen! glad I could help! Looks like you've the hang of it!! LOL!Awww what a bummer you folks were in different car!! I would've asked if we could be in the same car! Great pics of toon town! That place is just too cute! So sad it won't be there any longer! Can't wait for the expansion though!! Another reason to go back! I think it's a GREAT idea to drag out your TR!! I would do that same! I don't want it to be over!! That just means we have to go back to Disney World so we can start another TR right?! LOL! Can't wait for more!!
Lol, yeah, it's so ridiculously easy that it's almost embarrassing that I had to ask! I am really sad no more Toontown, but I cannot wait for the Fantasyland expansion, I can't even imagine how crazy it's going to be! Hopefully most of it will be finished by the end of 2012!

Lol, yeah, good reason to go back to Disney, to write another TR! I know this is crazy...as much as I'm looking forward to going back to Disney in November...if I think about not going back til 2012 after that I get a little anxious...I actually have to stop thinking about it and focus on November. There is NO way I'm gonna make it 2 years with no Disney World, and my DH refuses to go! I'm already plotting in my mind how I can get us down there next year...

Quote:
How is it that men always manage to have beautiful amazing hair without even trying and then us girls spend hours and hours on our hair and we're never happy with it? It's just not fair! But they do have to deal with going bald eventually, which I guess makes up for it!

Look at it this way...if you take more pictures of yourself when you're on vacation, then you will have more to choose from so you can pick your favorites! That's my philosophy. Just ask my DH, I take WAYYYY too many pictures! Then I end up sorting through them and being like, "No...no...no...this one is okay...no...no...okay I like this one..." Thank you for saying that about my pictures! I was beyond excited. I always am at WDW, but since it was my first time it was even more so than usual!

That is not cool that they didn't let you guys sit together on Space Mountain. Next time if they try that I would definitely say something! You should be able to enjoy your ride, not be uncomfortable because you're sitting with strangers!

DH and I always talk about how we think they should open up a ToT themed resort at Disney. They have a ton of different resorts with different theming, but none have a "spooky" theme. If they had a ToT one we would totally stay there! They could have the creepy lobby and everything! That would be amazing!!

I'm torn because I don't want your TR to end but I really want to hear about your upcoming trip!! I can't wait to get all the details!!
Lol, it's true, my DH did have perfect hair, and I struggle every day with mine, either trying to straighten it or leave it curly and not have it frizz up and look insane! My DH also has perfect eyebrows, it makes me sooo mad! I have to get mine waxed every couple of weeks and he just walks around, doing nothing to them, having them look all perfect!

I probably will take more pics in November, I just feel so stupid posing for pictures! Hopefully I'll have lost some weight by then so I won't feel like I look SO bad in the pictures either...at least, that's the plan! The first year we went, in 2008, I have maybe 1 picture of me...I took no pictures that year, I don't know what I was thinking! I think I took about 150 all together, and we were there for a week!

Omg, when we were there a few weeks ago, i was telling my DH how Disney should open a villain themed resort, which is similar to your Tot resort idea! And I don't want it to be a value resort either (nothing against the values, I love them!) I'd want it to at least be a mod! That would be so cool if the hotel itself was like the Tot but they had villain themed rooms...and a villain character breakfast or something!

I think I'm going to start my PTR this weekend, my TR should be finished by then, if not, pretty close to the end...I'm just so excited about my November trip, I can't not talk about it anymore!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: