Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #46
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Gonna try to get in a quick update, it's been a while!

After DHS, DH informs me that he only brought 1 pair of shorts with him and wants to go find the outlets in downtown Orlando that we always drive by. *Sigh* I don't know how you can only bring ONE pair of shorts with you to Florida in May, but that's what he did.

So we went back to BC, and asked the concierge for directions to the outlets, which he gave us, but suggested we go to DTD instead, to Curl. Fine with me, it's closer, and while we are there, I can take a look at the Minnie ears again...

We go back to our room quickly, for some reason I can't remember, I think I wanted to change into shorts since I was wearing capris in the morning, and found our next little towel animal friend waiting for us

I have to admit, I do love the towel animals! I don't expect them, they don't make or break my trip, they're just such a cute extra little dose of Disney magic!

We leave for DTD, and DH buys his very expensive new shorts, and 2 new shirts as well, and after I make us walk over to World of Disney. I decided after I bought my bride Minnie ears that I had to have another pair. The lovely sparkly silver ones. So I bought them, which brings me to my 3rd pair of this trip, which is where the first half of my TR title came from! I thought I might be overdoing it a little...but whatever, they're cute!

After getting drinks and appetizers at Rainforest Cafe, we went back to the Beach Club to rest a little. We had dinner reservations at Tony's that night, and I had heard that MK extended their hours from 11 to 12 so I was preparing for a long night!

When we were finished resting and getting ready for MK, we arrived there at around 5:45, and our ADR was for 6:05, I think? Something like that! We checked in and were told to have a seat in the waiting area...which was full! This was my first time at Tony's and I knew it was popular, but wow, there were so many people waiting!

We waited for about 15 minutes before we were shown to our table, which was covered in Mickey confetti for our honeymoon! The hostess told us they left the little baggie on the table in case I wanted to take the confetti home, which of course, I did, so I spent the next 5 minutes picking up every little tiny piece of confetti like a crazy person! I thought Brandon would make fun of me, but he actually helped! Sometimes he gets the crazy Disney obsession, other times, he just can't be bothered!

Tony's inside is SO cute! They have the fountain of Lady and the Tramp

and pictures from the movie everywhere! This was next to our table

So cute! Love Lady and the Tramp!

We got our food quickly, I got the chicken parm, and DH got...ok, I don't remember. I think he got whatever fish they had that day, which I'm pretty sure was salmon! For my next TR, I need to take much more detailed notes of everything!

Our dinners were very good, but I was anxious for dessert! I knew they had tiramisu, so I was getting that, and DH got the cannoli cheesecake, which I actually took a picture of, because it was adorable

We were finished with our dessert pretty quickly (it was really yummy!) and we started to walk to Tomorrowland to check for the wait time on Space Mountain, when I started feeling...not so great. My stomach was really hurting, so I had to make a quick detour into the bathrooms...ugh. Not happy right now!

Finally, we get right near Space Mountain...and Brandon starts feeling the same thing ! So he goes into the bathroom, and i sit and wait...and wait, and wait and wait...! Finally he comes out and we figure even if SM is a short wait, there is no way we are going on that now, with the way we are feeling!

Up next...how Wishes was nearly ruined for me and more MK fun!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #47
MEK
DIS Veteran

You DO have a TR going on. I'm here. Coming back later to get caught up. Cool that we were there right about the same time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #48
MEK
DIS Veteran

I just read your whole TR and I am really enjoying it. congrats on your wedding and disneymoom. I love disneymoons. I wasn't obsessed with disney when I got married, but if I was ever to get remarried (just kidding DH), I would certainly head straight there for a disneymoon.

I love that you got upgraded to club level. That is so awesome. DH and I celebrated our anniversary at POP in September and we got balloons and a card from the hotel. We also had such great treatment. I will definitely go back for another anniversary.

Your DH sounds like mine - only one pair of shorts???? Did he remember his underwear and socks. We are using running to walmart or the outlets for those things. One trip he left his belt in the airport and that was our first stop after checking in.

anyway - love your TR! Looking forward to reading more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-23-2010, 09:50 PM   #49
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

hey jen! Thanks for checking out our TR! I'm here to catch up on yours! Alrighty, going back to catch up!

Alrighty, all caught up! Congrats on getting married!! That’s awesome that you folks got upgraded to club level and got your GOLD KTTW!! So jealous! LOL!! Great pics of those topiaries…they were so pretty weren’t they? Awww, that’s a cute bunny!! Boo for that headache! That chocolate martini sounds delish. You have to stay tuned to my TR to see what we ordered!! I liked Le Cellier but I was sooooo full after!! Cute pics from CP!! And great pics of an empty main st. Great update of MK. Those pics from Illuminations are great!!!! I still have yet to try a Margarita from Mexico. Yay for more Minnie ears…now that you mention it, I wish I bought one! LOL! Awww so sorry you folks felt sicky after Tony’s!! Can’t wait to hear more!

*keala*

Last edited by jenniferkeala808; 05-23-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #50
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I just read your whole TR and I am really enjoying it. congrats on your wedding and disneymoom. I love disneymoons. I wasn't obsessed with disney when I got married, but if I was ever to get remarried (just kidding DH), I would certainly head straight there for a disneymoon.

I love that you got upgraded to club level. That is so awesome. DH and I celebrated our anniversary at POP in September and we got balloons and a card from the hotel. We also had such great treatment. I will definitely go back for another anniversary.

Your DH sounds like mine - only one pair of shorts???? Did he remember his underwear and socks. We are using running to walmart or the outlets for those things. One trip he left his belt in the airport and that was our first stop after checking in.

anyway - love your TR! Looking forward to reading more!
Hey! Thank you, our disneymoon was definitely fun, glad you like my TR so far, I'm learning! I still don't know how to multi quote and I've learned for my next one (or my PTR for November, if I do one ) to use bigger font, because I go back and read what I read and it's soooo small!

My DH remembered socks and underwear...but he didn't have enough to last him the 5 days we were there, so I had to wash them by hand and let them dry out on the balcony! That was when I truly felt married! We were going to do laundry, but we went down to the laundry room and it was so tiny, there was no change machine, nowhere to sit, unlike the WL laundry room, so I did it myself in the room. Fun way to spend my honeymoon!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #51
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
hey jen! Thanks for checking out our TR! I'm here to catch up on yours! Alrighty, going back to catch up!

Alrighty, all caught up! Congrats on getting married!! That’s awesome that you folks got upgraded to club level and got your GOLD KTTW!! So jealous! LOL!! Great pics of those topiaries…they were so pretty weren’t they? Awww, that’s a cute bunny!! Boo for that headache! That chocolate martini sounds delish. You have to stay tuned to my TR to see what we ordered!! I liked Le Cellier but I was sooooo full after!! Cute pics from CP!! And great pics of an empty main st. Great update of MK. Those pics from Illuminations are great!!!! I still have yet to try a Margarita from Mexico. Yay for more Minnie ears…now that you mention it, I wish I bought one! LOL! Awww so sorry you folks felt sicky after Tony’s!! Can’t wait to hear more!

*keala*
Hi!!! Getting upgraded to CL was fun, definitely a once in a lifetime thing, I'm sure, I loved my gold KTTW cards! You have to have a margarita in Mexico next time, the little Tequila bar is so cute! And if there are new holiday Minnie ears this November, I'll definitely be buying them...I have a problem!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #52
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Congrats!
I'm enjoying your tr

Old 05-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #53
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hey, welcome back! Gonna try to finish Day 3 now! Then only 2 days left to write for my TR though. Well that just means I can start my PTR for November, I don't think I could keep up with 2 at the same time!

I also just realized I didn't take many pictures for the rest of the night, except during Wishes, so this update might be lacking pics...

Well, after feeling sick after Tony's, and sitting in Tomorrowland feeling defeated, I of course, started feeling hungry again! I know, I'm sure you don't get that...but I was, and I remembered Dis'ers talking about those fantastic cream cheese pretzels in Tomorrowland, so we went to seek them out. I had to check my WDW dining app on my phone to find out where they were...the Lunching Pad!

I found a table and Brandon went to get our pretzel, and he tried it as he was walking over to the table and said it was the "best pretzel ever". I took one bite of it...and didn't like it. I was shocked...I love pretzels and I love cream cheese, so what's not to like? I then figured out it was the lack of salt on the pretzel...if it had salt, it would have been ok. I let Brandon finish it.

I wanted to go on Haunted Mansion before Wishes, so we went towards that area, but stopped to get an FP for Peter Pan first. The line was crazy for that ride, so I wasn't going to take a chance. I don't remember what time our return time was, but it was definitely after Wishes, so it's a good thing we got one!

Haunted Mansion was fun, I love it, it's such a classic WDW ride, but DH isn't a big fan of it. I think when he first went on it on our first trip, he was expecting something scary, not so cute and kid friendly. I don't care, I like it!

After HM, we went to find a good spot for Wishes, but were trapped in Liberty Square while Spectro finished up! I tried to get some good pics, but they all came out blurry

So I gave up. For Wishes, I wanted to go where we were in November, on the bridge to Adventureland...it was pretty much dead last November, so I was hoping not a lot of people would be there this time...no such luck. That bridge was packed! We made our way to the beginning of the bridge, right near the hub, so we had a good view of the castle.

I love this one, it's purple, which in case you couldn't tell, is my favorite color!

We were waiting for Wishes to start, and the announcement came over MK...Wishes was starting soon, they were turning off the lights, please stay where you are because it will be dark. Pretty simple, right? Finally Wishes started, and I was right next to Brandon, and we both had a good view!

Then of course, someone HAD to cut through, right near me of course, so I had to move. I moved right behind Brandon, the people went through, and I continued watching. I guess somehow everyone else who just had to get through was alerted that there was a pathway right next to me if you needed to get to Adventureland right away, and even better if you had a stroller or wheelchair, because all the sudden there was a train of people going through, and I had to move for everyone! And every single person that passed by was in a wheelchair or had a stroller, so I had to move way out of the way. And when I moved, I was behind some tall guy, so I couldn't see as good as before.

Every time the train of people would end and I would reclaim my spot near DH...more people would walk through and I'd have to move! By then, Wishes was half over and I was mad...so I started saying really snotty comments as people walked by, but no one heard me...if they did, they certainly didn't care that I was aggravated!

Wishes came and went and I spent most of the time being mad at the people walking by me. It's a good thing I've seen it before because I would have been really upset if that was my first experience!

We got some decent pics:

and took off for Fantasyland.

We went on Snow White's scary adventures because it was a 5 minute wait, so why not? I love the movie, and it's basically riding through the movie. Then we did Philharmagic, which has to be one of the most spectacular attractions in all of Disney...when we came out, DH said "that little Mermaid song is awesome" and I said "which one, Part of your World"? "Yeah that one". We'll see what he says the next time I want to watch the Little Mermaid!

After Philharmagic, we went on Peter Pan with our FP's which was about a 5 minute wait, compared to the 40 minute standby wait! Still, after 11:00 at night! Peter Pan is so much fun, I love that movie and the ride is so cute!

Finally, we were ready to leave, since MK was closing soon and we wanted to avoid the rush of people leaving at 12...so we walked through the castle on our way out, and stopped to take some more pictures before leaving, since we were so close to the castle

We were finally ready to leave MK for the night. I was already getting a little sad at this point, I knew there were only 2 more days in Disney and I had to make the most of them!

Up next...Day 4, Epcot all day! More drinking, a little too much for one of us!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #54
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in!
Congrats!
I'm enjoying your tr

Thank you!

Old 05-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #55
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

My DH remembered socks and underwear...but he didn't have enough to last him the 5 days we were there, so I had to wash them by hand and let them dry out on the balcony! That was when I truly felt married!
Can I just make one recommendation for your next trip? - put extra socks and underwear in YOUR suitcase. I am speaking from experience - you can thank me later!

For a good laugh look at post 139 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....035732&page=10 This is what happens when you need to make a Walmart underwear run!

I absolutely love your firework pictures. You got some great pics of the castle and the fireworks. The only time I took pictures from there (which was MNSSHP), there were no fireworks. It was crazy. I couldn't see any of them. Beautiful night time pics.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #56
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Hi, Jen. First, congratulations on your wedding. I've seen you on several other Trip Reports that I'm following and thought I'd come and read about your honeymoon.

Love the upgrade! Now, back to read some more.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #57
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Can I just make one recommendation for your next trip? - put extra socks and underwear in YOUR suitcase. I am speaking from experience - you can thank me later!

For a good laugh look at post 139 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....035732&page=10 This is what happens when you need to make a Walmart underwear run!

I absolutely love your firework pictures. You got some great pics of the castle and the fireworks. The only time I took pictures from there (which was MNSSHP), there were no fireworks. It was crazy. I couldn't see any of them. Beautiful night time pics.
LOL, I saw your little Walmart underwear gnome, too funny! That is a good idea, I'll just buy DH some new underwear and socks for our next trip and pack them away with my stuff...when he runs out, I'll surprise him...sad thing is, he'll be really excited that he has new underwear!

Thanks, about the pictures, I have such a hard time getting good fireworks pictures, it's so frustrating! And the castle is so beautiful at night! I can't wait to go back in November to see it all lit up with the icicle lights!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #58
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Hi, Jen. First, congratulations on your wedding. I've seen you on several other Trip Reports that I'm following and thought I'd come and read about your honeymoon.

Love the upgrade! Now, back to read some more.
I know you, you're the CSR expert! I've asked lots of questions about CSR, which you have always answered, over at the resorts section! I always consider staying there but never do for some reason! Someday I will!

Old 05-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #59
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

That stinks that you guys felt sick, but at least you were well enough to stay and enjoy your evening.

And trying to watch Wishes from the park can be such a miserable experience. People get so pushy! There have been a couple times when I've had to abort the fireworks watching idea and head for open space because I started to have a panic attack. And then even if you manage to make it through the wait, people still push and shove and step on your feet when the fireworks start! It's like can you people not just stand still for 10 minutes while the show is actually happening? Geez.

Ok. Rant over.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #60
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
That stinks that you guys felt sick, but at least you were well enough to stay and enjoy your evening.

And trying to watch Wishes from the park can be such a miserable experience. People get so pushy! There have been a couple times when I've had to abort the fireworks watching idea and head for open space because I started to have a panic attack. And then even if you manage to make it through the wait, people still push and shove and step on your feet when the fireworks start! It's like can you people not just stand still for 10 minutes while the show is actually happening? Geez.

Ok. Rant over.
Yeah, it was a good hour that we didn't feel so great, but eventually we were better. Even if I wasn't, there was no way I was leaving MK!

I know what you mean about Wishes...I didn't even want to try for a spot in front of the castle, I thought over to the left would be good, but I guess not! I'm telling you, in November, there were maybe 20 people on that bridge and we were all sitting on the benches and watching, it was great! I can't imagine what it must be like during peak season! Someday I'd like to watch it from the Poly beach, I bet that's nice!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: