Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #16
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegirl View Post
If anyone is still planning a whale watching trip right now it is a once in a lifetime time to go. The Monterey Bay has a had a huge upwelling of krill and the whales are chowing down. There was a sighting of over 20 Blue whales at once! There are tons of Humpbacks out as well. I've even seen some whales from the beach during my morning walk.

Two good whale watching boats are Princess and Sanctuary cruises. Princess is out of the Wharf and I believe Sanctuary runs out of Moss Landing which is about 20 minutes north of Monterey.

Here is link to some resent whale footage: www.ksbw.com
Click on the story about the whales in the lower right hand corner and the next page will have links to lots of whale footage.
Thank you, thank you!!!! I am THRILLED!! We have so many people praying that my Mom will get to see whales & I think she'll get to.
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
weHEARTmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #17
Somegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey View Post
Thank you, thank you!!!! I am THRILLED!! We have so many people praying that my Mom will get to see whales & I think she'll get to.
I hope you have a great trip out on the Bay. You never know what mother nature has planned, but it looks like you'll get quite the show.
Somegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #18
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

Unhappy

Thank you for all the prayers & vacation advice. We made it back home Tuesday. (We got to see TONS of whales!) My mom is in the hospital with liver failure. She has jaundice & is experiencing severe bilirubin (spelling??) Oncologist said liver is so covered w/ cancer that prayer is the only help. She suspects it may have entered her brain. Her kidneys are "borderline" so she's not ordering MRI or CT scan for a couple of days.

My request is that people don't just pray for her healing. Please pray for God's Will to be done. If she has fulfilled her purpose on earth & God sees fit to take her, I pray He will quickly, so she'll be out of pain. I want her to stay, but not if she's suffering.

I'm so thankful for the trip we took & the memories we've made. Thank you to all of you for taking this journey with me. Life will never be the same once she's gone. She's lived with us since her diagnosis (the week before Thanksgiving 2009) and we've only grown closer through the months. She's my best friend & my stomach sickens at the thought of her leaving us. I will give God all the glory for taking her home because she has made such a difference in this world! There is NO telling how many people will experience eternity in Heaven because of her love for Jesus Christ.

God bless, Angela
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
weHEARTmickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: