Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #781
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Do the DVC guides work on commission? Brian better get his act together if so!
Maybe he was just having an off day, but I just didn't care for him. He was no Stephanie, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
to Brian. Sounds like he was less than magical!! I don't blame you for not wanting to buy from him.
It was strange because I am not super picky about people and I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but I was just no feeling him at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
How disappointing! I hope you find the right combination. I'm a firm believer in if it's meant to be it will happen and doesn't have to be forced. Brian sounds like he has to be forced.
I agree - that's why I have been taking my time, but I didn't think it would take this long. I decided back in the fall to start casually looking so its been awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
bleh for Brian!

what a bummer and use of precious trip time. I kind of want a tour on our trip...kind of don't. we will see.
My original tour was so fun. I loved the guide and I had a blast. Maybe I was expecting too much. I did use up some precious time, but no regrets really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Uggh....what a non-magical experience at DVC!! I too am keeping my eye on resale as that is the route we are going for when its time for us to buy!!!!!!
I think there are some fab resale contracts out there. Lots of nice 200 - 250 pt contracts. Getting the add-on is what's difficult. I feel like March is a bad use year, but maybe its just my imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
What a rotton day you are having! No AI, a crappy DVC representative and a cancelled dinner date If you already hadn't told me how the dinner went, I'd say I hope things turn around soon!
Katie - I freak'in laughed out loud when I read this! I didn't realize it was a rotten day, but now that you mentioned it, maybe it was. nah - it was a less than stellar day, but not rotten. But perhaps it explains why I felt liked I needed a do-over once I got home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Good for you Mary Ellen. I would never have the guts to audition for anything let alone AI at Disney!

I should check into the DVC, but don't really understand how it works.
Well, I don't think I'd have to guts to go back and audition a second time, but it was worth a try.

Once you get the hang of how DVC works its really quite simple. You purchase a preset number of points at a home resort. Then you can use those points to book as early as 11 months before the start of your vacation at your home resort. You can book any of the other dvc resorts at 7 months based on availability. The amount of points you will need per stay depends on what size accommodations you use and what time of year you go. My 5 night stay at WL was 195. So you can see why I need more points. I have been doing a lot of 2BR stays. They eat up the points. Points can also be banked and borrowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Well just poop on Brian. I think Brian needs a new line of work.
Well if he acts like that everyday he probably won't be long for the DVC world. I can't imagine wanting someone like that to represent DVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
That's kind of surprising...I've never heard of a low-key DVC guide!

Disney doesn't seem to be exercising ROFR these days, except for Beach Club (at least that's what I read on another thread, the Beach Club part I mean. It seems like everything's gettin through ROFR right now). If you see a contract that meets your use year, amount of points, and resort desires, but is higher than you want to pay, you could always make an offer that's more in line with what you're thinking. If the sellers accept, there's probably a good chance it will get through.
Low key is the perfect word for him.

Good to know about the ROFR. I know I can make an offer. In fact, I probably should have made an offer on a 130 pt contract that was for sale for about 2 months. Ideally I would like 100 to 120pts, but if I see a great 150pt contract I'll take it. There's a 120 pt contract at VB right now but I'm a little hesitant about making owning someplace that I don't plan to visit that frequently. If it was HH, that would be a different story. Oh well - its coming.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #782
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure about recently, but a couple of months ago maryaz lost 2 in a row due to ROFR but the 3rd one went through. Pretty sure it was AKL but am not 100%. They did go up in price though.....
There is a really cheap VWL right now (like $69 a point) that I can't imagine will go through, but who knows. That 150pt I missed had all this years points and last years points banked and was $65. I wanted that bad, but I was traveling when it came out so I didn't stand a chance. What a prime contract that was.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #783
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
There is a really cheap VWL right now (like $69 a point) that I can't imagine will go through, but who knows. That 150pt I missed had all this years points and last years points banked and was $65. I wanted that bad, but I was traveling when it came out so I didn't stand a chance. What a prime contract that was.
well maybe it didn't go through, that's really cheap! How lovely would THAT be!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #784
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
well maybe it didn't go through, that's really cheap! How lovely would THAT be!
I am still drooling over it!

Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #786
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

What a TERRIBLE DVC sales rep!! Of course he was having a bad day- he can't sell his way out of a paper bag!! With a product that wanted to sell ITSELF to you!! You are NOT being too hard on him at all. I'm sure you do already, but this thread is VERY helpful to watch-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....60185&page=190

Maybe March is one of the smaller UYs. Like June, which is ours. When i was looking to add on at BCV, I stalked my email frequently so when the updates came through from TSS, I was ready. I got a fully loaded 100 pt contract from them, and they literally laughed at me because I called within 5 minutes of them sending out the email. There were 2 of them (identical contracts) and both were gone by the next day in less than 24 hours. I did ask them in advance to notify me if any smaller BCV contracts came through, but they told me they don't do that. So maybe there is a rep or 2 that will do that, but I didn't talk to him (her), and I believe their policy is NOT to call you when something comes through. They did at that time tell me that most of the resale market is SSR because it is so large. And my experience with them was mixed- everything went through ok except for that it was one of those times when DVC was taking 30 days for ROFR, but it wasn't like everyone was super-friendly & helpful (although some were). Maybe Brian works there on his days off from DVC! Have you also subscribed to the other resellers? They send me updates, too.

It's true that if you own all your points at SSR you can stay in a treehouse without banking/borrowing. But then you will never have the 11 month advantage anywhere else. Where you could stay instead with your points while the other points are banked for a treehouse. KWIM? Just a thought. I can see both sides of the argument- I think about adding on at AKV so it would be easier to book a GV or 2 BDRM stays....but then, I would love some BLT....and I'm so happy I have the security of BCV points....and I love HHI and can see us spending a LOT of time there in our future...wow. I need a LOT of $$$$ for more points!! It's addictive!

Good luck finding what you need!!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 AM   #787
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
What a TERRIBLE DVC sales rep!! Of course he was having a bad day- he can't sell his way out of a paper bag!! With a product that wanted to sell ITSELF to you!! You are NOT being too hard on him at all. I'm sure you do already, but this thread is VERY helpful to watch-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....60185&page=190
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
We are a week and a half into waiting for ROFR. 150 SSR points, March use year. $65 a point. All '09, '10 and '11 points. Seller pays all maintenance fees, buyer pays closing. Submitted to Disney on July 6th.
OMG this is exactly the contract I was referring too. There's another 150 pts contract there but they want $70. I was going to watch it for a few days and then make an offer. I figure they are more likely to accept an offer if they don't get any bites. 150 pts is really more than I want just in terms of the annual dues. I know I would probably use them all, but I think 100 -120 would be better for us.

Quote:

Maybe March is one of the smaller UYs. Like June, which is ours. When i was looking to add on at BCV, I stalked my email frequently so when the updates came through from TSS, I was ready. I got a fully loaded 100 pt contract from them, and they literally laughed at me because I called within 5 minutes of them sending out the email. There were 2 of them (identical contracts) and both were gone by the next day in less than 24 hours. I did ask them in advance to notify me if any smaller BCV contracts came through, but they told me they don't do that. So maybe there is a rep or 2 that will do that, but I didn't talk to him (her), and I believe their policy is NOT to call you when something comes through. They did at that time tell me that most of the resale market is SSR because it is so large. And my experience with them was mixed- everything went through ok except for that it was one of those times when DVC was taking 30 days for ROFR, but it wasn't like everyone was super-friendly & helpful (although some were). Maybe Brian works there on his days off from DVC! Have you also subscribed to the other resellers? They send me updates, too.

:
lol - maybe Brian does work there on his days off. IDK, I feel bad for being so hard on him. I think I am being a little picky because I am waiting for the "perfect" contract.

Anyway - thanks for sharing your experience. My first experience with them was really good.

I might just need to put internet on my phone to get that perfect contract and I really don't want to do that.

Quote:
It's true that if you own all your points at SSR you can stay in a treehouse without banking/borrowing. But then you will never have the 11 month advantage anywhere else. Where you could stay instead with your points while the other points are banked for a treehouse. KWIM? Just a thought. I can see both sides of the argument- I think about adding on at AKV so it would be easier to book a GV or 2 BDRM stays....but then, I would love some BLT....and I'm so happy I have the security of BCV points....and I love HHI and can see us spending a LOT of time there in our future...wow. I need a LOT of $$$$ for more points!! It's addictive!

Good luck finding what you need!!
You are cracking me up cause that's how my mind starts to work. I have had such good success with the 7month booking window that I don't mind have SSR points. I actually like SSR and would never be disappointed to stay there. Plus I think Denny and I will be traveling a lot in the off season which should make booking easier, but I do drool at the thought of AKL or HHI. I'll just keep looking.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #788
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok so if we decide to do a tour, what where, when would the best place to do it be?
Well the sales center is at SSR, although I believe that they still are having open houses at BLT. Visit one of those DVC kiosks and set up a time. They will come and pick you up and drop you off at any onsite location. I was at DTD when I decided to do more tour. They just whisked me over to SSR in one of those golf carts. It was fun!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #789
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

That's awful that he behaved that way! We had such a wonderful experience when we went...our ladies name was Karen....that I just assumed they would all be wonderful!

I hope you find what you're looking for
Old 07-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #790
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

You know it's a bad salesman when you have already drank the kool-aid and are looking to drink more but he can't convince ya! I hope for his sake it was just an off day! Sorry you had such a meh tour though! I hope that perfect contract comes along for you!!! (hearing that there are contracts less than $70 a point makes me want to start looking! )
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #791
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
That's awful that he behaved that way! We had such a wonderful experience when we went...our ladies name was Karen....that I just assumed they would all be wonderful!

I hope you find what you're looking for
Thanks Queen. I would probably be more hard-core with the search if we weren't also getting ready to do a kitchen upgrade. We need it really, REALLY bad. But I when I see the right contract I will be all over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
You know it's a bad salesman when you have already drank the kool-aid and are looking to drink more but he can't convince ya! I hope for his sake it was just an off day! Sorry you had such a meh tour though! I hope that perfect contract comes along for you!!! (hearing that there are contracts less than $70 a point makes me want to start looking! )
I really was looking to drink some koolaid. I was in that impulse buy mode, but he sobered me up.

I saw an amazing contract for WL that was $69 a point. WOWSA. How nice would that be for the right buyer?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #792
MEK
DIS Veteran

Impossible......

I may not get to the "Impossible" part of this update for awhile, so I will just call this Impossible Part 1.

I promised the rest of the LMA pics and I intend to deliver.

And that, my friends, was the end of LMA. I am surprised at how many of you have not seen it yet. All I can say is......GO. Everyone should see this show once and the first time is by far the best!

After LMA I did take a few more pictures on the way out of the park (before our ill-fated DVC trip).

Sorry, I wasn't smiling, but I did just get rejected from AI.

Did you think I was going to forget this icon? NEVER!

So.....Where was dinner tonight?

Well...dinner was at the POLY at the ever popular Ohana. We originally had an ADR with Katie and Shelby, but Katie texted during the DVC visit to let me know that she and Shelby had just eaten some ginormous lunch somewhere and they were too full and too tired to meet us for dinner. I was looking forward to having dinner with Katie, but I also knew she had been going hard all week. I completely understood her need to have a little downtime. I think everyone needs downtime. So even though I was a little disappointed, I took it in stride. I rather have Katie relaxed and happy then stressed over having to make a meet with me for dinner.

We decided to drive the 5 minutes to the Poly. For those of you who drive at WDW, the Poly has a great parking lot (so does the contemporary). It's easy to find a space and easy to walk into the resort. We later found that it is not so easy to get out of the parking lot ( at least for Chuck). But that's another update.

I think our ADR was at 6:20 and we were there in plenty of time, but it was the usual Ohana line and the usual Ohana 20 minute wait. While my cohorts were drinking at the bar (remember I was banned from alcohol), I busied myself taking pictures (of course, what else would I do?)

Continued next post.......

Old 07-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #793
MEK
DIS Veteran

Impossible (continued).........

I took these pictures through the window near the bar looking at towards the pool. Anything not to look at the yummy drinks all around me.

I love the Poly. I wish the Poly had a DVC resort. How great would that be? But then it wouldn't be the Poly anymore....or maybe it would? Who knows, just rambling.

I was glad when my cohorts finished their drinks and we were called to the table. They may have ordered more drinks, but I didn't care as much once those yummy apps came out. I love, love, love the sticky chicken wings and the noodles are to die far. Just thinking about them is making me super hungry. I tried to keep the app eating under control, but you know how that goes. I was feeling pretty stuffed by the time the meat came around. I think we had turkey and pork the first go round. It was good, perhaps a tad on the dry side. I just know that I was starting to get antsy because dinner seemed to take F O R E V E R!

I was hoping that the shrimp would make an appearance quickly, but that really took forever. The shrimp is my favorite part but I am always so full that I don't fully enjoy it. Still I managed to suck down a few more than I thought I had room for. SO STUFFED....ugh! After the shrimp I just wanted to get up and move, but we still had dessert coming.

Despite the fact that we were stuffed, we still made a dent in that bread pudding, plus my dear friends had told the server it was my birthday (actually May 7th), so I got a cupcake. SO SUPER STUFFED.....HARD TO BREATHE!

As much as I love Ohana's, it was almost a relief when dinner was over. I just wanted to get into MK before it closed and I think it was after 8:30pm. I know it was almost 9pm by the time we made it through the turnstyles at the MK.

Up Next....How many rides can you cram into one hour of park time and IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #794
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Wow what fantastic pictures! Your new camera has worked out so wonderfully for you!
I love your tshirt! Very cute!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: