Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #766
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hello!

Kathy
I just have to comment on your little "hello's" and "hola's" all over the DIS tonight! I was almost all caught up on subscriptions, then ran to the laundromat. I come back and have 14 new updates! So far 3 of them have been your little greeting! They each have made me smile! It's good to "see" you again, hope all is well!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #767
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I was a little behind, so got to read two chapters tonight.

On AI, my daughters had an experience too. I've asked them to do a write-up for my TR, but we're probably several chapters away.

I always take lots of pictures on LMA too. This year we did the Indiana Jones show instead, and I took a ridiculous amount of pictures. But I was kicking myself because I had left the long lens in the hotel room.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #768
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

On AI, my daughters had an experience too. I've asked them to do a write-up for my TR, but we're probably several chapters away.
SPOILER ALERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thanks. I took WAY too many pictures, but I put the camera in sports mode and just couldn't stop!
ah for a camera WITH sports mode! LOVE it. Not sure I want to lug it around though.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #769
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I always hear great things about Starring Rolls too - we've only ever had dessert items there, but the sandwiches looks awesome!
I really want to try it this September. The pictures I have seen show food that looks seriously yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry I'm late for the update...been busy taking care of the patient. Great pictures of the Lights Motor show (we've never seen this). It looks as if your Studios day is very productive.
The patient is far more important than my TR. I hope he did well over the weekend. The only Dis'ing I did was to leave a message for CP. I am hopelessly behind now!!!!!!

I would recommend seeing LMA at least once. Its worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
How did I fall so far behind? Stupid work.

Fantastic, amazing pictures. As always. You have a knack for getting just the right moment/angle/expression etc. in your pictures. Love them!
Thanks C.....I really do enjoy taking pictures. It's such a different way of looking at the world. I can definitely see why some people get addicted to it and want to do it full time. It really is an art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post

I applaud your bravery on both the AI and ToT fronts. Sorry that AI didn't work out but as others have said, you truly have a beautiful voice. Not pop enough. Pfffft...
Thanks and thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Once again - AMAZING pictures!!! LMA is fun - very LOUD, but fun! I think your distance lens is better than my binoculars! Very nice work!
Every time I have seen LMA I am WAY up in the stands. It's not as loud up there, trust me, cause I hate loud noises. Glad you like the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie0311 View Post
Great pics again!
Thanks!

OK - I am officially jealous of all the trips you have planned!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow I love those LMA pics! I can't believe you got such great pictures from so far away! I know nothing about photography, so that's just amazing to me!
Secret - I know nothing about photography, too. I really developed an interest from seeing the better pictures on the DISboards. Then I bought a good camera, practiced to get good subject matter, and edit like crazy. I seriously think anyone can get a good picture with the right camera and the right editing. Now a great picture - thats for the people who really know what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Aww Mary Ellen, I had missed the update when you said you hadn't been picked for AI. that's really a shame they only look for "talent" within a certain range of voices but I guess you have to play by their rules

Love your pics from LMA. We missed in in 2008 and it wasn't on our list for this girls-only trip but next time we go with the boys, we will definitely put it on our list!
That's exactly what it is - a certain type of voice and I don't have it. Its like fitting a square peg into a round hole. I thought I could do it, but I can't.

You should definitely take your boys to see LMA. They would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Oh MEK! I'm so sorry about AI! Booo!!! What the heck do they know anyway?!

Your LMA pictures are absolutely amazing!!! WOW!
Well, I think they know a lot. They know what they want in the show and they have to be selective. Its there job.

Glad you like the LMA pics!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hello!

Kathy

Kathy! hope you are having a great summer!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I just have to comment on your little "hello's" and "hola's" all over the DIS tonight! I was almost all caught up on subscriptions, then ran to the laundromat. I come back and have 14 new updates! So far 3 of them have been your little greeting! They each have made me smile! It's good to "see" you again, hope all is well!
I agree. I love her little greetings! But I especially love when she does the drive by hello!

Quote:

Can't wait to read about your daughters AI experience!

Quote:
I always take lots of pictures on LMA too. This year we did the Indiana Jones show instead, and I took a ridiculous amount of pictures. But I was kicking myself because I had left the long lens in the hotel room.
3/4 of my pictures that day were LMA. It was like I was on speed. I couldn't control myself.

I am glad I am not the only one who always has the wrong lens!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
SPOILER ALERT

I Know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

ah for a camera WITH sports mode! LOVE it. Not sure I want to lug it around though.
This camera is actually just under the "lugging around" weight limit. If it was any bigger it would be uncomfortable, but I actually did fine carrying it around!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #770
MEK
DIS Veteran

Brian, the DVC guide.......

I haven't quite finished my LMA update, but I can't get on photobucket in my present location. I will add my final pictures tonight. It's the fire scene. Its pretty hot!

So I will jump ahead here for a pictureless update. It's about my trip to DVC headquarters. As you may or may not know, I have been wanting to add a 100 point contract. I thought I wanted Beach Club, but I have decided to stick with SSR so one of these days I can get a Treehouse without borrowing a bunch of points. I have been stalking the Timeshare store but I can't seem to find the "perfect" contract. I have finally decided there is no perfect contract. My use year is March and whenever I find anything close to 100 points and its a "good" contract, its snatched up. I am not desperate, but I am getting a little frustrated because I didn't think it would be this hard.

Anyhoo - My new DVC guide (Stephanie, i think) called us before we left. I loved her immediately. She was happy, super polite, and super enthusiastic. She kept telling me that the incentives were better than ever. I knew they couldn't be that great, but you know what......Stephanie sounded like she really wanted to work for me and I was falling for her sale tactics. I decided I wanted to go see Stephanie during my trip.

As it turns out, Stephanie was off the day I wanted to visit. Since it really was the only afternoon I could visit, I decided to go see another guide. Denny and I went with Chuck and Cathy. Chuck had expressed some interest in the DVC program. I knew there was no way he was going to buy anything, but I didn't mind having him come along. Chuck loves to talk to people. He loves customer service. He calls Verizon several times a month just to re-negotiate his bill. He called Verizon while we were on vacation. I didn't quite get that, but whatever.

So when we showed up at the DVC headquarters I said that I wanted to talk with a guide about add-ons and that our friends were just curious about the program in general and the guide could see both of us together.

Then along came.....DUM...DUM....DUM.... Brian. He acted like we had just woken him up from an afternoon nap. (Maybe we had..lol) He acted lethargic and soooooooo NOT enthusiastic! The complete polar opposite of the impression Stephanie made. As soon as I met him I wished we had never come. I knew he was never going to convince me to buy a add-on. I think I could have been talked into a 100pt add-on by Stephanie, but not Brian.

It's weird, when you really like the product I think the right salesperson can convince you that you are making the right decision. I had decided that if I was going to purchase an add-on through DVC on that occasion it would have to be the 100pts at AK, since it was the same price as SSR. I kept thinking how nice it would be to have that 11month advantage for a concierge studio. Its all about price for me. On the resale market I am going SSR. But through DVC AKL seemed like the better deal.

After meeting with Brian I decided it would be better to keep looking at resale. Here it is 2 months later and I still haven't found anything. Well - not completely true - a great 150 pt contract came out, but it was sold before I found it. Now Wigd told me that they timeshare store people will look for things for you, but I found the guy I talked to, to be rude. He was basically like "good luck, call me if you see something".

So back to Brian. I asked Brian for FP's. He very reluctantly gave them to me. I asked Brian for a tour of the BLT models. He very reluctantly toured me. And my camera was in the car so I didn't take any pictures. I did love the models. Super cool and modern, but in a good way. So this is when I came up with the "dealing" part of my TR title. I felt like we were on let's make a deal. What's the incentive????? Can I have FPs?????? Can I have a tour?????? It was like pulling teeth!

Was I expecting too much from Brian? I don't think so. I had a sincere interest in purchasing and I was just trying to weigh the pros and cons. Maybe Brian just had a bad day. Maybe he gets a lot of "lookers" instead of "buyers". Maybe he is burnt out. IDK, but it wasn't my favorite DVC experience.

Tour completed, we headed back to the WL to get ready for dinner. We had an ADR at Ohanas. This was the dinner where Katie was supposed to meet us. She texted me that they had a late lunch and they were way too full and exhausted to join us. I wasn't upset - I completely understood. I think its easy to overestimate how much you can do at Disney. Let's face it - its an exhausting trip and the meal plan (especially the deluxe) can make you feel really satiated. This was our last TS meal and I was starting to feel pretty tired of eating myself, but I really wanted to show this place to Chuck & Cathy.

So.....up Next......the rest of my LMA pictures and "IMPOSSIBLE"! Who said it??????

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #771
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Do the DVC guides work on commission? Brian better get his act together if so!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #773
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

How disappointing! I hope you find the right combination. I'm a firm believer in if it's meant to be it will happen and doesn't have to be forced. Brian sounds like he has to be forced.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 07-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #775
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Uggh....what a non-magical experience at DVC!! I too am keeping my eye on resale as that is the route we are going for when its time for us to buy!!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #776
kschafer
DIS Veteran

What a rotton day you are having! No AI, a crappy DVC representative and a cancelled dinner date If you already hadn't told me how the dinner went, I'd say I hope things turn around soon!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 07-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #777
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Good for you Mary Ellen. I would never have the guts to audition for anything let alone AI at Disney!

I should check into the DVC, but don't really understand how it works.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 07-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #778
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Well just poop on Brian. I think Brian needs a new line of work.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #779
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

That's kind of surprising...I've never heard of a low-key DVC guide!

Disney doesn't seem to be exercising ROFR these days, except for Beach Club (at least that's what I read on another thread, the Beach Club part I mean. It seems like everything's gettin through ROFR right now). If you see a contract that meets your use year, amount of points, and resort desires, but is higher than you want to pay, you could always make an offer that's more in line with what you're thinking. If the sellers accept, there's probably a good chance it will get through.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #780
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
That's kind of surprising...I've never heard of a low-key DVC guide!

Disney doesn't seem to be exercising ROFR these days, except for Beach Club (at least that's what I read on another thread, the Beach Club part I mean. It seems like everything's gettin through ROFR right now). If you see a contract that meets your use year, amount of points, and resort desires, but is higher than you want to pay, you could always make an offer that's more in line with what you're thinking. If the sellers accept, there's probably a good chance it will get through.
Not sure about recently, but a couple of months ago maryaz lost 2 in a row due to ROFR but the 3rd one went through. Pretty sure it was AKL but am not 100%. They did go up in price though.....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: