Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #46
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Being sick was a bummer, but its all behind me now (I hope).

Yes, you told us already......
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
Old 05-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #47
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

LOL!! That is a great picture Shocker! Well done, well done indeed!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #48
jgates
Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags again!!!!
Sometimes the TF only visits when you sleep...
Sorry, my Jag is in the shop this week!
Motel 6's #1 source for free online advert

As a new owner of a Rebel xsi, who hasn't had time to play with it much, do you put the silhouette/shadow around the outside at the time the pic is being taken? Or is that done in picasa or other photo editing software after downloaded? I'm just doing it in Picasa & wondering if you can do it during shooting?
Old 05-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #49
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh Mary Ellen, so sorry you were sick before your trip! It sounds just awful!

With the last update telling of your arrival, I'm anxious to read more!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #50
*dreamit*doit*
Mouseketeer

Hi! I didn't know you had started...well, I'm here!

Sorry to hear about your rough time with your son, but I'm glad it's being taken care of and he's doing better.

Your trip sure started out adventurously - can't wait to hear about the rest of it!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #51
burly
DIS Veteran

Hi, i'm all caught up and here! Ready for more!

KIM
Old 05-16-2010, 05:32 AM   #52
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Ugh, I can't believe Denny lost his license the day you left! I'm glad that Chuck was able to pick up the reins and drive the rental!

Now let's see that one-bedroom villa!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:42 AM   #53
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I Won't Rent Car View Post
Were you freakin' out of your mind?

I only have time to comment on this right now and YES......I WAS FREAKIN OUT OF MY MIND. From the second I realized Denny really did lose his license I wished we were on ME. Believe me, if I had time to get us on ME I would have done it. It was enough to turn me into MRS I WONT RENT A CAR!

Be back later. Actually have to work a few hours today!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 05-16-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #54
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I was right! I had a feeling it was Denny too because it sounds like something Dale would do

I'm so excited you've arrived and can't wait to hear all about it!

Old 05-16-2010, 06:32 AM   #55
Mr. I Won't Rent Car
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm glad that Chuck was able to pick up the reins and drive the rental!
If you keep writing things like that, you will be booted from the boards, Missy!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #56
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear Denny was still able to get on the plane without his license!

I always freak out a little in line before I hand over my id I always feel like I don't have it I have also gotten a once over from a security person after she looked at my id picture so it freaks me out a little

Great Disney sign picture!!!!!

Can't wait to see all the rest of your WL pics!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 05-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #57
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hough he tried to upgrade to an SUV for an additional $25 a day. I halted that transaction right there with a "Are you freakin out of your mind???". OK - I wasn't that forthright with my thoughts. Let's just say, we did not rent that SUV.
on our honeymoon, we had booked a compact car. On arrival they tried to sell us an upgrade which we declined. they then informed us that they didn't have any compact cars and we were upgraded for free

What a great picture!!!

I have to laugh because just this morning for some reason I was thinking that Mr-I-won't-rent-a-car hasn't shown up on the Dis for quite awhile

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 05-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #58
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOOT you made to WL YAY!! Okay so Denny lost his DL but like you said the crisis was diverted and in no time you were in your happy place!! YAY!!!!
Yeah. It was more of a minor inconvenience in Baltimore, but Orlando's security was much more intense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post

Yes, you told us already......
This sad, beat up looking John was exactly what my toilet looked like after the evil "D" hit. I sent DH home from the hospital with a bucket full of Cavi wipes to clean the whole bathroom. Germs be GONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
LOL!! That is a great picture Shocker! Well done, well done indeed!!!
He never fails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgates View Post
As a new owner of a Rebel xsi, who hasn't had time to play with it much, do you put the silhouette/shadow around the outside at the time the pic is being taken? Or is that done in picasa or other photo editing software after downloaded? I'm just doing it in Picasa & wondering if you can do it during shooting?
Welcome jgates! I did the shadowing with the iphoto software on my mac. I don't want to overdo it too much, but using the shadowing is fun! I don't do any editing until I download the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Oh my gosh Mary Ellen, so sorry you were sick before your trip! It sounds just awful!

With the last update telling of your arrival, I'm anxious to read more!
Hey Wigd - being sick was not that much fun. I still have flashbacks whenever I feel a twinge of nausea!

I hope to write about our first evening tonight! I'm on a roll this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *dreamit*doit* View Post
Hi! I didn't know you had started...well, I'm here!

Sorry to hear about your rough time with your son, but I'm glad it's being taken care of and he's doing better.

Your trip sure started out adventurously - can't wait to hear about the rest of it!
Welcome *dreamit*doit*! I am so glad you decided to join in for this TR. Thanks for the kind words about Brian! And yes - we did have a few adventures during this trip. Quite a few mishaps and absent minded moments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Hi, i'm all caught up and here! Ready for more!

KIM
Welcome burly! So glad to have you along for the ride. More is coming tonight!

Quote:
Ugh, I can't believe Denny lost his license the day you left! I'm glad that Chuck was able to pick up the reins and drive the rental!
I hope Chuck and Cathy will join in on this TR, so I don't want to say too much about his driving skills. Is this tactful enough....... Sorry Chuck, but he knows its true!

Quote:
Now let's see that one-bedroom villa!
Actually, we did stay with the 2BR at VWL. If we had downgraded to a 1BR we would have needed to go to OKW or SSR. Not that there is anything wrong with those resorts, but we really had our hearts set on VWL. Our villa was really cool in the way it was laid out since it was on the corner of the building. I need to find a picture on the Dis so I can show you the layout. Defiantely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I was right! I had a feeling it was Denny too because it sounds like something Dale would do

I'm so excited you've arrived and can't wait to hear all about it!
You were spot on. Wait - I didn't know that Dale was absent minded. Denny usually isn't with important stuff. He may lose his belt and forget to pack enough underwear and socks, but he doesn't lose important documents, money or credit cards. That's my department!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I Won't Rent Car View Post
If you keep writing things like that, you will be booted from the boards, Missy!

I Love Mr I Won't Rent a Car but I can assure you, you will not be making an appearance in my next TR, because there will be no rental.

More replies soon. Have to check my email really quickly for important soccer game info!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #59
Mr. I Won't Rent Car
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
on our honeymoon, we had booked a compact car. On arrival they tried to sell us an upgrade which we declined. they then informed us that they didn't have any compact cars and we were upgraded for free

I have to laugh because just this morning for some reason I was thinking that Mr-I-won't-rent-a-car hasn't shown up on the Dis for quite awhile
YOU RENTED A CAR ON YOUR HONEYMOON???? That makes me very, very sad.

Quote:
I Love Mr I Won't Rent a Car but I can assure you, you will not be making an appearance in my next TR, because there will be no rental.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #60
klacey1
DIS Veteran

GASP! I would just die if I lost my DL at any time, much less right before a trip! It is good to know that there are ways around that rule, though!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: