Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #181
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

You are taking some GREAT pictures, MEK. I'm loving looking at them. Especially those Dumbo pictures.

I'm going to take a guess that you didn't wait the full 30 minutes.

I have NEVER had a problem with taking non-flash photos on Carousel of Progress, you aren't bothering anyone! That bugs me. Poor MEK.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #182
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
You are taking some GREAT pictures, MEK. I'm loving looking at them. Especially those Dumbo pictures.

I'm going to take a guess that you didn't wait the full 30 minutes.

I have NEVER had a problem with taking non-flash photos on Carousel of Progress, you aren't bothering anyone! That bugs me. Poor MEK.
Taking pictures of Dumbo reminds me of you because you have a Dumbo picture in your repertoire that is one of my all time favorite Disney pictures.

I think the CM just THOUGHT I was going to take flash pictures. I should have waited until the carousel had already finished its rotation to the first scene.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #183
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I agree with LL.. your new camera and pictures are awesome. I am just loving looking at them all!

I am the one who likes Pecos Bills here... husband Columbia Harbor House. Sometimes I have been known to grab my food and meet him there!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #184
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

hey i'm here!! Alrighty, going back to catch up!!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #185
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Wow!! I went out of town for a few days and I feel like I'm so far behind!! Great updates!! Your pictures are so beautiful.

What a hard decision you had to make when you met up with the other mom's. Disers get it but others don't....I know, I have friends that look at me like I have 2 heads sometimes when I talk about Disney They just don't get it!!!

Can't wait for more Mary Ellen, truly enjoying this TR!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #186
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

MEK, once again what breathtaking pictures!!!

I love the ones you took of Dumbo and the Castle!!!

Hmmm Pesco Bill's another restaurant I have yet to try...maybe some day!!!! SOunds like one great burger!!

Can't wait to find out if you went on Splash or not!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 05-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #187
MEK
DIS Veteran

More Magic in the Kingdom......

Well, I am happy to report that the wait time for Pirates was a bit exaggerated at 30 mins, but I'm sure it was at least 15 or more. I just filled the time by playing with my camera.

I tried to photograph the holograph at the beginning of the ride, but as you can see it just looks like a big blur!

There was no way I could get any pictures without a flash, so I finally couldn't resist and I took this flash picture.

That's it. I felt guilty after that and I put the camera away.

It wasn't long before we were out of the ride and headed to BTM. We stopped for a photo-op.....And here you will finally see your first picture of Cathy and Chuck!

I found something behind the fence that I thought would make a great photo-op. I believe these belonged to Jesse and Woody. They had just been out and were off to the side signing autographs. I hope they weren't upset when I borrowed their props.

oh yeah....who says I never smile??????

After our photo-op we headed to BTM. both Cathy & Chuck wanted to ride Splash mtn, since it was up and running, but the wait time was 45 minutes and the FP return time wasn't for another couple of hours. I reminded them that we did have a date with the pool and more importantly, a pool drink. Still, if they had wanted to hang in the park longer, I would have been fine with that.

They agreed that would it would be smarter to ride BTM with our FP's and try to return to the lodge for a mid afternoon siesta. It was getting hot by now. Hot and humid and the heat did feel a little oppressive for us northerners. Cathy was brave and she agreed to try BTM. She held up well and actually enjoyed it a little - I think! LOL!

Here's some pics I took while everyone took a bio break!

After BTM Chuck declared that he would like to see a show. My suggestion was Philarmagic. It's been awhile since I've seen the show and I knew it would be nice and cool in there. So off we went. I ended up getting ahead of the threesome. Not sure how that happened. I think I just wanted to get in the AC. Somewhere close to philarmagic I looked back to make sure they were behind. They were, so I turned into the queue for Philarmagic thinking that they would follow me. They did not! Directionless Denny somehow walked everyone around the far side of the carousel.

When I realized he was missing I had to call him and track them down. Can you believe he just kept on walking. Apparently Denny has no idea where Philarmagic is. HOW is that possible??????

Finally with our party reestablished, we get in line. Boy did that AC feel good - really good. In a few minutes we enter the theatre and find seats. And let me just say that this showing was at least 3/4 full. While in the theatre I realized that we would not be using our Space FP's. So I did my good dead for the day and I gave them to a couple behind us who knew what FP's were and were very appreciative of my random act of kindness. Can't let a good FP go to waste.

On the way out of the park we stopped for a few more photo ops. We even got our first photopass picture.

Here we are in our first pretend photopass picture (thank you photopass photog).....

No trip to MK is complete without a quick stop to see hello to Casey. I haven't had the corn dogs here, but they are still on my must try list

I also ran into this young lady on our way out of the park. Can you guess who's holding on to this umbrella?

Up Next....Up, Up, and away. A bus ride and pool drinks!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #188
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Mary Ellen I just love this! I would love to be able to take a trip with another couple, or even just a girlfriend some day!

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #189
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hey, I found your TR finally! You'd think I would have noticed it in your sig sooner on Anita's TR! You've gotten really far, so I'll just say I'm enjoying it!

Anyway, I love all the cool picture edits you did. My DH got a mac recently and has been playing with pictures. I have to show some of yours to him.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:45 AM   #190
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great new comments!!!!!! I will be back later today with replies!

I have been doing some research to figure out the exact name of the person I saw on Main Street. The one with the umbrella. I know some of you Disney trivia buffs can probably help me out!

Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 AM   #191
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a great day in the MK! That camera was a good investment. The pictures are terrific!! Sure wish I was heading out the door to go walk down Main Street instead of going to work.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #192
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thanks for all the great new comments!!!!!! I will be back later today with replies!

I have been doing some research to figure out the exact name of the person I saw on Main Street. The one with the umbrella. I know some of you Disney trivia buffs can probably help me out!

The exquisite parasol Miss DaPointe is holding is made of authentic Battenburg Lace- the real deal. During the late 1800’s, every English Duke had his own pattern. Queen Victoria named her son-in-law as the first Duke of Battenburg, thus Battenburg Lace was born. What elegance…
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
Old 05-24-2010, 05:43 AM   #193
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great update!! I am enjoying your pictures/writing so much!! Sorry about Splash-- I hope it opened up!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 AM   #194
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Great updates and your pictures are fantastic! You sound like you are being a very accommodating guide, too. Looking forward to hearing about the pool break and the pool drinks!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #195
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Taking pictures of Dumbo reminds me of you because you have a Dumbo picture in your repertoire that is one of my all time favorite Disney pictures.

I think the CM just THOUGHT I was going to take flash pictures. I should have waited until the carousel had already finished its rotation to the first scene.
I am planning to get a new Dumbo picture in September, I've already arranged it with Marc.

Silly CM, doesn't he know that we are rule followers?

I adore Philharmagic and the AC is just an added bonus!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: