Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #166
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

All caught up, finally! What a great report, I can't wait for more!!

So sorry to hear about all the pre-trip drama but so very glad that Brian is doing well!

LOVE your new camera and all of your pictures. They are fantastic!

What fun to have so many DIS meets!!

I share your opinion on the WL rooms. I actually haven't stayed in the villas but had the same thought on the "regular" rooms. I think there is also something about the decor being so dark that adds to the general feeling that it needs a rehab. Beach Club Villas, unfortunately, are also due for a rehab in my opinion but I love them so much I just don't care.

Your Sept trip sounds like fun!

More, please!

Old 05-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #167
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOW what gorgeous pictures of WL! I love the guiser ones!!! So beautiful!!!

The boat ride pictures looked awesome! What a gorgeous morning you had!!!!!!! YAY for only 10 minutes at Space Mountain that is fantastic!!

Hope you're crew shows up soon LOL!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #168
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I fell a bit behind

Love the dismeet at MK...how fun! Was this Sunday night? We saw the fireworks that evening from the boat from WL to MK. Bummer we didn't run into each other this night!

Love the pictures of WL. We were running late for our ADR so we rushed in without taking much time to appreciate where we were. Then it was dark when we left, so I wasn't able to take many good pictures.
Yes - it was Sunday night! I knew that both tracy and Ellen and the moms were planning on hitting emh at MK.

I bet watching the fireworks from the boat was lovely! How did you like the WCC? I would like to try breakfast there sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Only a 10 minute wait for Space Mountain at 10am! WOW!! That is so awesome.

You are a much better person than I, if I wanted to ride I would have jumped right in line.
I couldn't believe the wait was so short! I thought it had to be a mistake! FWIW - it was REALLY Hard not to jump in line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Ah, I knew it wouldn't be a Mary Ellen trip report without some early morning running in there somewhere.
MUST....HAVE......MORNING......RUN! I love running at Disney and I was really looking forward to running at WL. I knew it would be good running and it was! It was much better than Kidani in terms of running paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Again gorgeous pictures! I am loving all of them!

I hope your group hurries up!

I am anxious to know what you thought of the refurbed Space Mountain!
thanks. I am really enjoying this new camera and the editing software, although it is time consuming. I will look at the clock when I start and the next thing I know 30 mins has passed, then another 30 mins.......It's so addictive.

Space Mtn coming up!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
If you change to the 18th, let me know and we will try to hook up. My PTR will have pictures of Marco Island soon (I hope...I'm sick and just not up to dealing with photo bucket right now). In 2008 for our 25th anniversary we went to Daytona Beach for a week after Disney. Last year we did Marco Island for the first time; a lawyer I work with gave us his condo for nothing and he has told us we can use it every year without a problem so we're going back again this year because we loved it (and we get to hang with MickeyNicki--the DIS food queen as I call her and her darling husband).

Your update is great...love the pics of the geyser and the MK castle.
I will definitely let you know if I extend my dates. That is so awesome to be able to visit San Marco every year. I need a friend with a condo like that. I visited your PTR earlier today and it was really fun. I can't wait to see the San Marco pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Your TRs always have great pics but I think you are even outdoing yourself this time! All of them are great
Thanks Dawn. And I am always envious of your pictures because they are so clear with such great colors. And then - of course you have Caitlin, who is so darn photogenic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great update!! Glad you finally got to MK!! I can't believe you didn't hop on SM for a quick ride-- again, you are too good of a hostess!
I knew my friends would show eventually, so there was no way I could bale on them. They were just walking slow and taking in the sights. See - I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
All caught up, finally! What a great report, I can't wait for more!!

So sorry to hear about all the pre-trip drama but so very glad that Brian is doing well!

LOVE your new camera and all of your pictures. They are fantastic!

What fun to have so many DIS meets!!
Thanks for the positive thoughts for Brian. He is really doing so much better. He's like a different kid these days!

I'm glad you like the pics. I am having so much fun with the photo editing!

The Dismeets were a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post

I share your opinion on the WL rooms. I actually haven't stayed in the villas but had the same thought on the "regular" rooms. I think there is also something about the decor being so dark that adds to the general feeling that it needs a rehab. Beach Club Villas, unfortunately, are also due for a rehab in my opinion but I love them so much I just don't care.

Your Sept trip sounds like fun!

More, please!
I remember reading your December trip report and being perplexed by your feelings towards the rooms. Now I understand. I think its because we live in the NE, so we needs lots of bright colors and palm trees when we travel to Florida. I would definitely go back to the WL, but I think I would like to do it when the resort is decorated for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOW what gorgeous pictures of WL! I love the guiser ones!!! So beautiful!!!

The boat ride pictures looked awesome! What a gorgeous morning you had!!!!!!! YAY for only 10 minutes at Space Mountain that is fantastic!!

Hope you're crew shows up soon LOL!!!!
So glad you like the pics! It really was a picture perfect day!

I couldn't believe the wait was ten minutes. I was expecting 40 mins to an hour.

Crew is about to arrive!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #169
manntra
DIS Veteran

Yes you are too good of a hostess!!! I totally would have jumped on line for a quick ride!!! Is that bad? Hahhaha Did you have any pictures from MK and the meet with all of the Moms? I only had my iPhone so I know I didn't get any... I was wondering where the "wheeling" came into play! I am thinking you may be on to something there!!

Tracy
Old 05-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #170
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I love the pics you got of the geyser! And you're a lot nicer than me...I totally would have jumped in the line without them!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 05-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #171
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hey Joan - Since you are the newest Dismom on the block I am going to great you with the super duper special welcome sign that it reserved for only the most special guests!!!!!!! Actually - I should use that sign more often. On my old computer and work computer it always took forever to open up that morecommand on the smilies! So glad you are here! And I am glad that you enjoyed your trip with Ellen and the moms. I know from reading Ellen's TRs that she is the best tour guide ever!

WHERE IS MY HUG SMILIE????? I can't find it this morning! Well - since I can't find it, I will just throw a little bit of this around. Hope I get to meet with you guys on Friday. I will send an pm when I have a better estimate of my departure time. But I will definitely be in the area at lunch time!
Thanks for that super duper welcome and the magical pixie dust, Mary Ellen. You're correct, Ellen is an amazing tour guide who goes above and beyond to make it so much fun for EVERYONE.
I'm REALLY enjoying your TR...almost caught up. I'll do my best to make Friday work out. Looking for some more laughs and great DIS talk.

BTW....LOVE all your pics, but the photos of the geyser are especially beautiful. You really have a gift!

Last edited by WannaBeADisMom; 05-23-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #172
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Yes you are too good of a hostess!!! I totally would have jumped on line for a quick ride!!! Is that bad?
I don't think I am the greatest hostess because I did seriously consider ditching them, but I knew they would be along soon! (and they were )

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Did you have any pictures from MK and the meet with all of the Moms? I only had my iPhone so I know I didn't get any... I was wondering where the "wheeling" came into play! I am thinking you may be on to something there!!

Tracy

You mean you did not see that crappy photo that Denny took.....this one

At least YOU don't have the castle growing out of your head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I love the pics you got of the geyser! And you're a lot nicer than me...I totally would have jumped in the line without them!
It was tough not to, but I held my place and my wait was rewarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
Thanks for that super duper welcome and the magical pixie dust, Mary Ellen. You're correct, Ellen is an amazing tour guide who goes above and beyond to make it so much fun for EVERYONE.
I'm REALLY enjoying your TR...almost caught up. I'll do my best to make Friday work out. Looking for some more laughs and great DIS talk.

BTW....LOVE all your pics, but the photos of the geyser are especially beautiful. You really have a gift!
I'm so glad you like this TR. They tend to be very addicting and I tend to streeeeeeeetttttttcccccchhhhhhhhhhh mine out. I like to make them last, so there should be plenty of reading for awhile.

I hope Friday works out. My DS 17 does think it IS a creepy internet meet, so I may send him with his friend's dad and I may drive up by myself. I'll need the break. I hate to drive, especially by myself.

But - if it doesn't work out I'm sure there will be other opportunities!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #173
nilla
The sky is falling!

Haven't had time to read your TR yet but I will...are you actually there now? And at WL?

We stayed at WL last year and loved it. We had a couple of ducks coming up to our back door every morning. Apparently, previous guests were kind to them

Have a GREAT trip!
Old 05-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #174
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

So many fabulous pix... I especially love the one of the Castle turrets gleaming in the sun!

Love, love, love the Wilderness Lodge!

Kathy
Old 05-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #175
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Again, love the WL pics! And your picture of the castle is so clear and colorful, my pictures look so blah compared to that! I miss the WL...think I might have to upgrade before all the rooms available with the pin code run out in November.

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-23-2010, 05:28 PM   #176
MEK
DIS Veteran

Magic at the Kingdom!

After I waited for what seemed like an eternity, but was probably only a couple of minutes, the dynamic threesome arrived. I pointed out that the wait time said 10 minutes, so perhaps we should ride RIGHT now! Cathy opted out, so I suggested she ride the Blue Line while we rode space.

All systems go, we sped through the queue. I know there are supposed to be video games or something in the queue, but we walked right by them and onto the ride. Both sides of the ride open, but we were not given a choice off right or lift. The gate directed us to the left side of the ride. This used to be side of the ride that was last to open. Actually, I have always liked this side (wasn't it the red side?) a little better because it had some crazy drops in it. I used to think this side was just a hair more intense.

Good luck reigned and we were assigned seats 1,2, & 3. Seat 1! WOOT! I gave the coveted seat to Chuck. In retrospect, I wonder why I did that. I the front seat, but it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't ridden a roller coaster since October, so maybe my old body would appreciate a slow introduction to outer space. In other words, I chickened out of the front seat. Yup, I'm not too proud to admit I gave up the front seat partly because I am a chicken. Tracy told me she thought the whole ride was darker and I suddenly became a limited intimidated by the thought of a headfirst plunge into darkness.

Wish I had taken that front seat. Yes - I agree the ride was darker, but it felt a bit smoother to me. Perhaps I was in seat with the least inertia or G force or whatever. I don't know what it was, but I expected a little bit more thrill, yet found the ride just a notch too tame. That's why I'm bummed I didn't take the front seat considering that one only has a 1 in 6 chance of getting that coveted seat. Oh well.....there will always be another ride on Space Mtn.

I have to tell you that the most memorable part of the ride was when I walked out and saw the area with the ride photos. I forgot it was there and as soon as I saw it, I had to do a double take. My mind teleported right to Dizney Dawn's picture of Baylor and Treynor. You may or not know the one I am talking about .....let me refresh your memory .....the picture of TOPLESS Baylor and Treynor! I started to laugh out loud. Fortunately, no one exiting the attraction knew what the heck I was chuckling about. That picture remains a classic and will go down in Dis history.

Once outside the attraction, we had to rendezvous with Cathy. I texted her that we would be near the entrance to the blue line, but alas, several minutes passed and still no Cathy. While waiting I amused myself with a few pictures.....

Finally, Cathy appeared. She was off doing what every WDW visitor should do. She was shopping!

Next stop - Buzz Lightyear. I don't have any pics from this ride. You'll just have to believe me. For some reason my shooting accuracy was right on target and I must have taken out a bunch of evil zurgs. My final score was 102,000. WOOT! I was the high scorer! Nothing like kickin' butt on Buzz.

From Buzz we swung on over to CoP.

I thought Cathy and Chuck would like this ride because it was sure to elicit childhood memories of the World's Fair. I waited for the announcement - No flash Photograph, No videotaping - then I took this.....

I didn't use a flash, but I got nailed by a CM anyway who suddenly recanted and said, "No photography of any kind". OOOPS! Next time I will wait until I am into the ride a little further before I get down to business. I hate getting in trouble... Plus I didn't even get a good photo. To this date, I still have no good photos of CoP. Camera put away, I waited patiently for dad to blow up the oven (which I hate to admit looks bit like my oven circa 1987 - Yes I DO new a kitchen makeover ) and we exited the ride.

Due to our late start and our sugary breakfast, I suggested that we start walking to the back of the park to search out some food before the lunch crowds got super heavy. I agreed again to take one for the team again and grab some Splash mtn FP's. Cathy assured us that she would OK with this ride. Here are a few random pictures from our walk to Splash.......

Notice I took pictures of the tops of the buildings. Fantasyland was starting to get crowded and I was intentionally trying to avoid having people in the shots.

Denny suggested Pecos Bill. I am more of a Columbia Harbor House Fan, but Denny really never makes any requests, so off to PB we headed. While, they headed. I walked over to Splash Mtn only to find it DOWN! What? Even the FP lines were down. Drat! So I did what any other good Diser who is starting to got hot and hungry would do - I got FP's for BTM instead. Happy with my second set of FP's I headed over to Pecos Bill and arrived just in time to carry a heavy tray of sodas over to the table. I announced to my friends that we would not be riding Splash, we would ride BTM instead.

I have no lunch pictures. I will tell you that Denny ordered me an obscenely big cheeseburger that was topped with bacon and a big circle of fried dough encasing an onion ring. What? I thought WDW was trying to offer healthier food choices. I did ask for a burger, being that it was pecos bill and all, but this was a heart attack on a paper plate. The burger part was actually good. So was the dough balled onion. But I became immediately stuffed after eating about 4 bites. I forget what high calorie item dessert was. I ate it - or at least part of it - because it was included and I knew it would melt in the hot sun.

Glancing at my watch (or cell phone clock since I don't own a watch, but it sounded better), I remembered that I wanted to call Member services and purchase Cirque tickets. I tried to find a quiet spot, but there weren't any so I ended up outside at the counter service place across from Pirates. I only heard about half of my conversation, but that really didn't matter as long as I gave the right credit card info. I asked if there was any AP or DVC discounts and was quite thrilled to find out that my cirque tickets were 35% off which made them about $58 plus tax. Can I get a double WOOT here!!!!!!

I was so excited to get that discount. One of the reasons I have never been to Cirque is because it is an expensive ticket. When you start to add up all the other money that goes into a trip (even with DVC) including airfare, food, tickets, rental car (Arrrrggghhhhhh - DON't say it), souveniers, airport parking, tips, incidentals, there really is no cheap Disney trip. But I have not ever heard one bad review of Cirque, so it was time to open the wallet and go.

Transaction made, I returned to my traveling buds. We lingered in the cool AC for a bit longer and then walked over to Pirates. By now it was starting to get unseasonably hot out, plus the crowds were building. The standby time for Pirates was 30 mins and the queue was out of the building. I can honestly say this was the longest line I ever waited for Pirates. We went left, to test the theory that left is shorter.

I guess the fun thing about the long line was I got to play with my camera a bit. I learned that the macro setting produces some nice low light pictures. Anyway ....here's a few pics I took while on line....

So how long did it take us to get on Pirates????? Did we really wait a few 30 minutes?? And what about Splash mtn......did it ever open up??????

Stick around for some more exciting magic at the kingdom! I gotta go cook dinner now?

Old 05-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #177
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are once again gorgeous! They are making me miss disney even more!

I hope you didn't wait that long for pirates!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 05-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #178
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Another great update!

You are such a good hostess! Leaving the party early, arriving to the park late and now giving up the coveted first seat! Your guests may not have realized it but your Dis friends do

More great pics! My favorite is the elephant topiary with Dumbo flying in the background

Half an hour for pirates I hope the lines weren't bad all day!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #179
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
Haven't had time to read your TR yet but I will...are you actually there now? And at WL?

We stayed at WL last year and loved it. We had a couple of ducks coming up to our back door every morning. Apparently, previous guests were kind to them

Have a GREAT trip!
Hey Nilla Glad you decided to stop by. I was at WL two weeks ago. It was very nice. We stayed in the villas since we belong to DVC. SSR is our home resort. That's why I posted on your TR that its a nice resort. Some people don't like it cause they think its "too big", but I actually like that bright, airy spread out feel.

The ducks at WL were amazing - especially the ones in the pool. They were so fun to watch and they certainly love their home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
So many fabulous pix... I especially love the one of the Castle turrets gleaming in the sun!

Love, love, love the Wilderness Lodge!

Kathy
Thanks Kathy. I am having a blast editing these photos.

The WL was really beautiful. Very different from all the other resorts. I am so glad we used our points to stay there. It was a good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Again, love the WL pics! And your picture of the castle is so clear and colorful, my pictures look so blah compared to that! I miss the WL...think I might have to upgrade before all the rooms available with the pin code run out in November.
Thanks Nermel. I guess if my pictures are making you want to upgrade, then that's a good thing. Then again, isn't that what enabling is all about. I have to check your siggie to see if you have a PTR going. Where are you staying now?

Old 05-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #180
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Your pictures are once again gorgeous! They are making me miss disney even more!

I hope you didn't wait that long for pirates!
I hear ya sista! I was just there and all day I have been wishing that I could go back for another trip. I feel so spoiled since I am going in September. So why do I keep wishing I had an end of the school year trip planned?????? Oh wait - I know - its called an OBSESSION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Another great update!

You are such a good hostess! Leaving the party early, arriving to the park late and now giving up the coveted first seat! Your guests may not have realized it but your Dis friends do

More great pics! My favorite is the elephant topiary with Dumbo flying in the background

Half an hour for pirates I hope the lines weren't bad all day!
Awwww thanks Dawn. I think I was just trying the "go with the flow" attitude.

Can you believe I have never been on dumbo???? I was trying to get some "artsy" dumbo pictures. It didn't quite happen, but I had fun trying!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: