Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #152
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
ME.....those photos of our meet!!! Have to say, it looks like you got all the photography genes at your house! I was so sad you couldn't stay with us for a bit, but we all understood that first day is rough- and you had guests to be with. We ALL would have done the same! But we missed you!!

I LOVE all your pics of VWL- that's the only one I haven't stayed at (well, and GCV, but I am having a VERY rough time getting anyone to go to California with me!! ) It kind of reminds me of HHI- the color scheme is very similar. It should be getting an update soon, right? OKW is being done now, and I think VWL is the last for a refurb. Looks very peaceful.

I have to tell you, I was totally LOL over your run this morning! Good girl for going- it was a BEAUTIFUL day!! And I am pretty sure I can meet you next Friday morning, should I figure out a lunch spot? Maybe Joan will want to come!
Quote:
Awwwww.... Joanie...that's probably true because you bring out the BEST in everyone!! Love you, Joan!!
Look at me...I figured out how to multi-quote, just like a real DISMom. Ellen and Mary Ellen, I think it might work out for me for a meet! Keep me posted on time, etc. And Ellen, thanks, now I'M blushing! Love you too! You made my night!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2010, 06:24 AM   #153
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
Hey, I know her! Hi Mary Ellen---just wanted to let you know I'm along for the ride! It was great to meet you during the adventures of the DISMoms! I love these DisMeets....hanging out with Ellen brings nothing but GOOD THINGS!

Hey Joan - Since you are the newest Dismom on the block I am going to great you with the super duper special welcome sign that it reserved for only the most special guests!!!!!!! Actually - I should use that sign more often. On my old computer and work computer it always took forever to open up that morecommand on the smilies! So glad you are here! And I am glad that you enjoyed your trip with Ellen and the moms. I know from reading Ellen's TRs that she is the best tour guide ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I know the answer to one of your questions.

The BOAT is better than the bus.

I'm always amazed how you go running while at Disney, that is dedication!
Is the boat always better than the bus? I really don't know. I don't understand how they determine which size boat goes where? In the morning we got on a small boat and the big one went over to Fort Wilderness. Is that normal? I really don't know.

I love running at disney. It's more like a scenery tour than an actual workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Good for you & going running! Enjoy your day at work. Look forward to reading more!
Talk about having my own personal ADD. I'm gonna work on my TR....No...I'm gonna go running.....No....oh never mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
OMG! Love the pics of the villas. i so can't wait to try that place out! that is one that my DH really wants to stay at. I think WLV may be the one that convinces him that we need more points. insert evil laugh here! We went last year to WWC for dinner and looked at around the resort and like you fell in love with it! Thanks so much for the wonderful pics! Can't wait for more!!
to more points. I am looking for the right add-on contract now. I just can't find exactly what I want and I think I am being far too picky. I think the VWL are the most unique of the resorts because all the others have some type of beach/tropical theme. The WL does not. They try with all their might to stay within the parameters of a national park lodge. It's very interesting to see what detail goes into doing this. If you do get to stay there (which is possible at the 7 month window), make sure you take the tour of the lodge. It is fantastic. I will tell you more about it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We will be "home" September 17 - 21 and then heading to Marco Island where we will have more time with the Food Queen and her husband.
I will just miss you. I am going to be there Sept 12 - 16th, BUT I haven't bought my flights yet and I am considering staying by myself to the 18th! San Marco Island sounds lovely. That is the type of trip I want to do once my kids are out of the house - part disney, part beach! Sounds perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Yay! I'm here and finally caught up!
Denise. So glad to have you along for the ride. I really enjoyed your last TR so maybe this will help you kill some time until your next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
10 pages?! Where have I been. I'm marking my spot. Will be back tonight with a glass of wine to read and comment. Can't wait!!
C! So glad you stopped by to visit and to answer your pm question - right now I am scheduled to go to Disney 9/12 - 9/16. I am staying at BLT with a coworker on her points. She has to start PA school the next week, so we are going so she can have a kid-less trip to Disney before she starts school. This would not be my first choice of weeks, but I really want to go with her before school starts. Then she is going to be sucked into the real world for awhile.

Quote:
ME.....those photos of our meet!!! Have to say, it looks like you got all the photography genes at your house! I was so sad you couldn't stay with us for a bit, but we all understood that first day is rough- and you had guests to be with. We ALL would have done the same! But we missed you!!

I
to the photography genes! In Denny's defense, I will say that he had never touched the camera before, but all he had to do was stand still and push the button! Oh well!

I think I need to go back next year when the Dismoms are there so I can truly hang with you guys uninterrupted.

Quote:

I LOVE all your pics of VWL- that's the only one I haven't stayed at (well, and GCV, but I am having a VERY rough time getting anyone to go to California with me!! ) It kind of reminds me of HHI- the color scheme is very similar. It should be getting an update soon, right? OKW is being done now, and I think VWL is the last for a refurb. Looks very peaceful.

What....your family doesn't want to go to GCV???? I would like to head out there someday. It's just so much easier to go to the mecca in Orlando.

I would think VWL is slated for an update. I didn't OKW was being done. I bet that will be nice. I am glad that our DVC dues are always hard at work!

Quote:
M

I have to tell you, I was totally LOL over your run this morning! Good girl for going- it was a BEAUTIFUL day!! And I am pretty sure I can meet you next Friday morning, should I figure out a lunch spot? Maybe Joan will want to come!
It was a beautiful morning and I was really glad I went. Pretty little wisps of pink clouds as the son came up. I should go again now, but I am feeling much less inclined today.

Lunch would be great. It would be really fun to see you guys again! Can't believe its already Memorial Day weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a fun night! I completely understand on the food pics, I imagine I'll have a lot less on our August trip due to being with the in-laws.

Although they know I'm obsessed.
If I didn't think I was going to make such a big spectacle changing the lenses, I am sure I would have taken some pics - even if my friends did think I was a little "off".

You better take food pics - you - uber planner of all things Disney have no excuse!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Awwwww.... Joanie...that's probably true because you bring out the BEST in everyone!! Love you, Joan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
Look at me...I figured out how to multi-quote, just like a real DISMom. Ellen and Mary Ellen, I think it might work out for me for a meet! Keep me posted on time, etc. And Ellen, thanks, now I'M blushing! Love you too! You made my night!
WHERE IS MY HUG SMILIE????? I can't find it this morning! Well - since I can't find it, I will just throw a little bit of this around. Hope I get to meet with you guys on Friday. I will send an pm when I have a better estimate of my departure time. But I will definitely be in the area at lunch time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #154
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I love your WL photos.
An early morning run sounds fantastic. I don't know if I could ever exercise while on vacation.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:47 AM   #155
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I love your WL photos.
An early morning run sounds fantastic. I don't know if I could ever exercise while on vacation.
Thanks! I plan to post some more photos today!

Disney walking is exercise - so we ALL are really exercising on vacation - just doing it in a fun way!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #156
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I'm marking my spot.
I will take care of that spot!

All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
Old 05-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #157
MEK
DIS Veteran

So What Time Did I Arrive at the MK???????

As luck would have it I arrived to the main pool area right as the geyser was erupting. The geyser erupts every hour on the hour. I knew it erupted every hour, but for some reason I did not know it was exactly when the big hand strikes 12. Previously distracted by the smoking area (can't help it - they are distracting), my attention was immediately diverted to........

I don't know what it was about that geyser, but I could NOT stop taking pictures. I wasn't sure how long it was going to last, so I just kept snapping.

I've got about 20 more pictures like this, but I won't bore you anymore. Suffice to say, if you arrive just as the geyser erupts you have plenty of time to take ALL the pictures you need.

Finally the geyser lost all its steam and fizzled out by emitting a few last drops of water vapor. There is something I like about this next picture. Not sure what it is.....

Notice that I missed a boat while I was waiting for the folks to arrive! (Actually I think that boat was going to FW).

After the geyser died down I found myself talking to this very excited young woman who was visiting with her son and mom. She said, "Look - there is a woodpecker". And sure enough, I saw that little sucker banging the heck out of a tree trunk. (I can only imagine the picture shocker might find for this visual) I had put my camera away temporarily, so I missed the pic, but I was impressed by her observational skills. Spotting birds and hidden mickeys is not my fort'. I only notice fairly large scale items. What was so refreshing was her true awe of her environment. I didn't get a chance to ask her where she was from, but it was obvious this was a whole new experience for her. It was a great example of the Disney magic in progress.

I forgot to mention that once the geyser died down I called Denny and told him I was heading for the boat. I told him not to hurry, I would meet everyone at the park. I was starting to get a tad antsy and my mission for the morning was the new and improved space mountain.

But not so fast - I do have a few more WL pictures to share with you.

Because My Pictures are soooooooo out of order in photobucket, its really hard for me to remember what I have and haven't posted. I apologize for any double posts of pictures. Here is a pictures I omitted. This is actually the view from our living room balcony. You can see the top of the GF through the trees. The view was even better for chuck & cathy's room, but I never went back in there to take pictures.

By the time I arrived at the boat launch there was a very lengthy line of people. I noticed right away that the WL is a haven for moms & dads with small kids. Hence - there were strollers everyone. Granted my kids are teens, but they have the most high tech strollers ever. They come in every color, size, and configuration. And they all fold easily. I like that!!!

So, that's how I got the name .....Wheeling .......because I was astounded by the number of wheels rolling through the WL. My general observation after staying at the values, all the mods, Kidani, VWL, and SSR, is that families with small kids are most prolific at the AKL and WL. The value resorts come in a close second, while the moderate resorts seem the least populated with stroller age kids. Maybe that's just me, but that is my impression. I admire parents who take stroller kids. I was never able to handle that when my kids where young. I wish I had taken the plunge, so I just I will have to wait for grandchildren to have that experience and we all know that I am not inclined to see that happen any time soon!

I lined up for the boat and ended up having to wait long enough that Denny, chuck, and cathy got in line several people behind me. We were all able to find seats. We were about the last folks on the boat. There were so many cute and excited little kids taking their first ride to the MK.

Here are a few pictures from our voyage:

We finally arrived at the MK to reasonable crowds and a beautiful, although hot, day. We quickly passed through the bag check and the turnstyles. I left C,C, and D to amble their way up main street, while I set off to get Space Mtn FP's. Tracy told me the new ride was great and I needed to get my thrill on! So while my folks were ooing and ahhing at this magical sight.......

.....I took one for the team and hoofed it over to space mtn for FP's. When I arrived I saw a posted wait time of 10 minutes. WOOT! It was already almost 10 am and the wait time was only 10 MINS! WOOT! I almost kept walking right on, but my angel said NO and I waited patiently for the rest of the crew. Tick Tock Tick Tock.....watch check...Tick Tock Tick Tock. Where were they? Tick Tock.....Bathroom break......tick tock........Where the HECK where they?????????? To be continued..........

Last edited by MEK; 05-22-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #158
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
I will take care of that spot!

does this work on cat pee, too??????? thanks for a great LOL!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #159
kschafer
DIS Veteran

I fell a bit behind

Love the dismeet at MK...how fun! Was this Sunday night? We saw the fireworks that evening from the boat from WL to MK. Bummer we didn't run into each other this night!

Love the pictures of WL. We were running late for our ADR so we rushed in without taking much time to appreciate where we were. Then it was dark when we left, so I wasn't able to take many good pictures.

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 05-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #160
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Only a 10 minute wait for Space Mountain at 10am! WOW!! That is so awesome.

You are a much better person than I, if I wanted to ride I would have jumped right in line.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #161
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Ah, I knew it wouldn't be a Mary Ellen trip report without some early morning running in there somewhere.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #162
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Again gorgeous pictures! I am loving all of them!

I hope your group hurries up!

I am anxious to know what you thought of the refurbed Space Mountain!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 05-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #163
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

I will just miss you. I am going to be there Sept 12 - 16th, BUT I haven't bought my flights yet and I am considering staying by myself to the 18th! San Marco Island sounds lovely. That is the type of trip I want to do once my kids are out of the house - part disney, part beach! Sounds perfect!

If you change to the 18th, let me know and we will try to hook up. My PTR will have pictures of Marco Island soon (I hope...I'm sick and just not up to dealing with photo bucket right now). In 2008 for our 25th anniversary we went to Daytona Beach for a week after Disney. Last year we did Marco Island for the first time; a lawyer I work with gave us his condo for nothing and he has told us we can use it every year without a problem so we're going back again this year because we loved it (and we get to hang with MickeyNicki--the DIS food queen as I call her and her darling husband).

Your update is great...love the pics of the geyser and the MK castle.

RIP Genie
Old 05-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #164
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Your TRs always have great pics but I think you are even outdoing yourself this time! All of them are great

I'm so glad you all finally made it to MK! I hope that 10minute wait at Space Mountain was a sign that the parks weren't crowded during your stay
Old 05-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #165
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great update!! Glad you finally got to MK!! I can't believe you didn't hop on SM for a quick ride-- again, you are too good of a hostess!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: