Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #91
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I think that is so cute that you are so excited planning the trip for them!!! LOVE IT!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #92
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I hope they get to go so you get to plan! LOL!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #93
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Holy heck, you took a lot of pictures! The more the better!Looking foward to all of them!

We had a heck of a flight in december coming back, to the point of tears. Hopefully your flight home was better! CSR looks absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see more of the grounds!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #94
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
How lame am I?
I don't think that's lame at all!

I get so excited when people ask me for help with their Disney trip. My DH laughs and says if I would just plan other's peoples' trips, I'd still get the thrill, but it would be a lot cheaper for him!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 05-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #95
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

GB Reporting for TR duty Cap'n! 3500ish photos! Holy Fart Knocking Cow Batman! I like the one's you've posted so far. Go forth and carry on my friend. I'm curious to see if you wound up doing the room location hustle or stayed in 6B. Can't wait for more.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Last edited by GreatBiscuit; 05-19-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #96
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post

You are too cute, Katie!!

I am the exact same way when someone starts talking Disney to me.
I'm happy to talk Disney with anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Haha, you are so sweet to be so happy about someone else's trip! A good friend of mine was planning on going over Columbus Day and decided not too-- a TINY part of me was glad. It was so hard listening to her talk about her trip when I'm not staying onsite until next August!!
If I hadn't just returned, I might be seething with jealousy but instead I am excited at the thought of helping plan another trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Katie - you had me fooled. I totally thought you were planning a new trip for YOU!!!!! How will you ever plan another trip without getting bitten by the bug! I think its called enabling in reverse! LOL!
Well, I know I will never talk Greg into another trip anytime in the near future so it's time to live vicariously I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
You're not lame!! I love when family and friends ask me for Disney advice and trust me they do LOL!

Although what a tease you are Ms. Katie!! I was so sure you were going to have another trip planned LOL!!! I was very excited for you!
You know I have to have a little fun in this TR don't you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I saw your update and thought awesome she is planning another trip too!!
So nice for you to be excited about their trip. I love helping people plan their trips....and then they come back and don't do what I say! Then they are REALLY wondering why I am going again

Tracy
I think they would trust my suggestions. That doesn't mean they will follow them blindly but I think they will understand certain variables are not in my control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I agree with Jen - you are a tease! I was so excited for you, thinking you were planning a family trip with DH & the boys. Oh well, planning is almost as much fun as going, so working on a trip for someone else will still be great!
With no job on the horizon, I can't even joke with Greg about returning

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 05-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #97
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I think that is so cute that you are so excited planning the trip for them!!! LOVE IT!
It's fun, even if it's not me (but yes, just having returned holds down the jealousy factor!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I hope they get to go so you get to plan! LOL!!
I'm waiting for the official word but I think they probably did it yesterday since they found a good deal on airfare and didn't want to lose out on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Holy heck, you took a lot of pictures! The more the better!Looking foward to all of them!

We had a heck of a flight in december coming back, to the point of tears. Hopefully your flight home was better! CSR looks absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see more of the grounds!
The stewardess said there were people screaming in fear on the flight before ours The flight home was smooth, just a pain with the multiple legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I don't think that's lame at all!

I get so excited when people ask me for help with their Disney trip. My DH laughs and says if I would just plan other's peoples' trips, I'd still get the thrill, but it would be a lot cheaper for him!
If I didn't feel like I might not make a profit and have a sense that I wasted all the time and money on my education (not that it's doing me any good right now in my job search!) I would get my travel agent certifications (or whatever you need) and plan trips for other people full-time! How fun would that be!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
GB Reporting for TR duty Cap'n! 3500ish photos! Holy Fart Knocking Cow Batman! I like the one's you've posed so far. Go forth and carry on my friend. I'm curious to see if you wound up doing the room location hustle or stayed in 6B. Can't wait for more.
GB is here! Yes, I took a lot of pictures, definitely not all good ones though I'm not sure I can live up to your photo standards but I'm glad to have you along!

Old 05-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #98
Kelrykengab
DIS Veteran

I can understand about planning other people's trips. I have plans with a friend on tueday night to plan her trip! So fun! My DH thinks I should be getting paid .
Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #99
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrykengab View Post
I can understand about planning other people's trips. I have plans with a friend on tueday night to plan her trip! So fun! My DH thinks I should be getting paid .
That would be my dream job, that's for sure! My brother informed me that they booked last night!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #100
kschafer
DIS Veteran

I can get you a table if you would like!

Day 1 continued

So when I left you, I had grabbed the bus to MK then hopped onto the monorail to the contemporary. I had a dream for this evening I had been hoping to realize. In all my planning and changes leading up to this trip, I had given up an ADR for the California Grill. I had been hoping to snag one for this evening and despite checking every day in April, nothing had come available. I even asked the concierge at CSR to check for me before I left for the evening but he found nothing either.

I had an ADR for Flying Fish in my pocket but I just REALLY wanted to try CG. SO on the advice of several disers, I decided to walk up to the check-in and ask for a seat at the counter. Imagine my thrill when the girl responded with “I can get you a table if you would like” So I happily made that elevator ride to a window-lined restaurant with all the shades drawn. I was a bit disappointed to not be able to look out but the sun angle would have made it too bright I’m sure.

The waiter came over and I ordered a Mai Tai to kick off my vaction. Beth enjoyed it a lot! (It was so fun seeing the open kitchen and watching the chefs at work. I tried taking several pictures but they didn’t stand in one place long enough to get a decent one!)

This was joined by a basket of sourdough bread. The butter was sprinkled with sea salt which was divine! I had never tried this before and the little burst of saltiness when you crunched into it was delicious.

I was so excited about the appetizers, this was the deciding factor in choosing to go with deluxe! I decided to start with sushi (food descriptions throughout the TR will be courtesy of AllEars.net)

Spicy Kazan Roll - crab, shrimp, bay scallops, tuna and fireball sauce $22

YUM! The sushi rolls were arranged in a circle and the scallops were piled in the middle of them. The fireball sauce had a nice kick but was not set-your-mouth-on-fire hot. Next up I ordered the pork dish which I was told was the signature dish of CG

Grilled Pork Tenderloin - with goat cheese polenta, button mushrooms and zinfandel glaze $34

The pork was cooked perfectly and seasoned nicely, the sauce was very good but that polenta was to die for!!! It was so rich and delicious *drool* I told the waiter to not be surprised if I licked the plate clean but I ended up leaving a few bites hoping to leave a little room for dessert. As I waited, I looked over the cordials options and pondered in what world people pay $30 for 2 oz of brandy

I was debated about dessert a bit (and I don’t see on AllEars what I was considering) but the waiter who had recommended all my choices up until now suggested the chocolate cake so I went with his choice

Valrhona Chocolate Cake - Warm chocolate cake w/molten center, cappuccino caramel crunch ice cream, sweet whipped cream and coffee caramel sauce $13
(actually, I would have preferred the ice cream and sauce noted in this description. Mine came with a rhubarb compote and strawberry ice cream that I subbed with vanilla)

It was good. Not knock-your-socks-off good, but good

As dinner was finishing, the shades in the restaurant rose and I got a peek outside my window

Once done eating, I thought about rushing out to my next destination but I had to keep reminding myself to slow down and appreciate the moment. You see, my previous trip gave me a lot of stress over being the leader of the group (to the point that I had dreams every night of constantly rushing, this did not lead to restful sleep!) After I returned home, I realized that I had been so busy thinking about or hurrying off to what came next, that I hadn’t really enjoyed what I was doing at that moment. I vowed to make this trip different!

So I took a few minutes to step out onto the observation deck and look around. After all, I have no idea when I will have that chance next!

Eventually I wandered back downstairs and grabbed a bus to my next destination. I noticed this poster and thought of all my dis friends who I hoped had enjoyed it that afternoon

Then we arrived at my first park of the trip!!

I didn’t have any big plans for this trip and I had no illusions of hopping on one of the big rides so I decided this would be my wandering evening so I slowly made my way up Hollywood Blvd

When I ran into my first sight like this

There were A LOT of school groups while I was there, especially on the weekends. I had run across some complaints about them on the boards before my trip but honestly, I saw no bad behavior, line jumping or disrespectful attitudes at all!

I rounded the sorcerers hat

On my way here

I had dreams of meeting up with these guys

Because this was supposed to be their last night here. But when I entered I found this

They were done for the evening…not to return. I wandered a bit waiting for the next animation lesson to begin and found out that…

No surprise there! I was happy they were continuing the lessons through the evening. Unfortunately, the artist picked one of my least favorite Disney characters…Stitch. I was bummed but was happy that my drawing at least somewhat resembled that offensive little creature

I headed back out into the evening

trying to decide where to go next

Last edited by kschafer; 05-19-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #101
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Your meal looked yummy (except for the sushi! LOL)! And that view!!! Sorry you missed the "Up" characters. Can't wait to see where you went next!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 05-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #102
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Yummmmmm- I love that Spicy Kazan roll!! It's soooooooooooooooo delicious!!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #103
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

*Drool*

You know how I feel about polenta. I really want to go to Cali Grill now.

Taking it easy and really enjoying the moment is hard to do at Disney unless you really concentrate on making it happen. I fall into that rush, rush, rush mentality and I don't like it. I want to enjoy and go slow and above all soak in all the magic I can before going home.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #104
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Great update Katie!!

WOW your dinner at CG looks and sounds amazing! I am so glad you were able to eat there I just adored that meal and I look forward to getting back there in the future!!!

DHS is such a great park! I really love the Animation Studio, but I would have been a bit disappointed to draw Stitch too!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 05-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #105
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Oh my Gosh Katie!!!! What a fun evening........GREAT food, beautiful scenery, and the ability to stroll around, going where you want to go, seeing what you want to see. I know I will probably NEVER be able to go to WDW without my gang, but it sounds a little divine enjoying it on your own!!!! I can't wait to see what you get into next!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: