Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #751
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
John and I also caught Romeo and Edna right after we had stopped at the gelato stand. You know the part where they "died" and everyone is supposed to gasp and throw their hands in the air. I just continued watching and eating my gelato. The guy pointed me out and said "That lady never stopped eating her gelato. She just stood their saying 'Oh look dead people. Man this gelato is fabulous'" It was hilarious.

Katie: what a great end to your Epcot day! Loved all the pictures of your Dad as Romeo!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 08-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #752
manntra
DIS Veteran

Awww that is so special that your Dad got picked!!! Love his button too! Can't say there are too many of them floating around out there!!
Great PP pictures too....really like the one of all four of you at the exit/entrance.

Tracy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #753
MEK
DIS Veteran

Very cool that your dad got picked for the worldshow case show. He looks like a bit of a ham..... good for him!

Enjoyed your update and your pictures. Bummer that you had trouble to talking to your kids via skype. That must have been so frustrating.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #754
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

You got some really beautiful pictures around World Showcase before your dinner at Biergarten! Speaking of which...YUM! I've never eaten there, and I'm not generally a fan of buffets, but I'd really like to give it a try.

So cool that your Dad got picked for the show! He played right along and was such a good sport! I'm glad the computer issue got worked out and you could chat with your kids.

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 08-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #755
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Standing room only in China, sorry! Do you have any motion issues with the circle vision? Mine got a bit iffy a couple times and I had to look down at the floor until it passed (I almost have more issues with perceived motion than actual motion!)
Yeah, I do, and I agree, my issues are effected more visually than they are from the actual feel of motion - strange! I had to close my eyes some during the Canada film and I think it really would have helped if I could've sat down.

I love that your dad got picked to be Romeo! He may say it was embarrassing, but he certainly looked like he was having a good time
Old 08-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #756
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

That is so cool about your Dad and it's great that you took the video to show Shelby and your mom.

Fantastic end to the Epcot day!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 08-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #757
javamom
Rumored Avatar Fairy
Wooo hoooty it's been fun!

Location: Probably pouring over a park map, planning someone else's trip for them!

I have a short write up in one of my trip reports about why the circle vision movies will bother me more than, say, Soarin'. Basically, it's the disconnect between perceived motion vs actual motion. With Soarin' there is less disconnect, therefore, it messes less with your mind.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #758
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

How cool that your dad got picked as Romeo! He looked like he was enjoying every minute of it!

Great photopass picture!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 08-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #759
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Your dad is just too cute! Great update.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 08-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #760
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

How fun!!! Your Dad looks like he was having a blast! What a wonderful memory and a perfect way to end the day at Epcot.

And a very nice ending to the day with Skype and an early night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamom View Post
I have a short write up in one of my trip reports about why the circle vision movies will bother me more than, say, Soarin'. Basically, it's the disconnect between perceived motion vs actual motion. With Soarin' there is less disconnect, therefore, it messes less with your mind.
This happens to me too - your brain thinks you are moving, but your body isn't, so the "balancer" in your brain (I believe the cerebellum?) kidna freaks out and you get sick. I haven't tired one of the movies at Epcot yet....I mostly get sick in the car for the same reason though.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #761
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

I love that your dad got picked! How funny! All of your pics really make me wish I had had more time to explore WS...theres always next time I guess!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #763
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
How cute that your dad was picked! I love the street performers at WDW - they really enjoy their acts!
I would think that is a great job! Even though the skit is basically the same each time, the changing crowd and participants makes each act it's own

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
John and I also caught Romeo and Edna right after we had stopped at the gelato stand. You know the part where they "died" and everyone is supposed to gasp and throw their hands in the air. I just continued watching and eating my gelato. The guy pointed me out and said "That lady never stopped eating her gelato. She just stood their saying 'Oh look dead people. Man this gelato is fabulous'" It was hilarious.
That is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
That was cool your dad got picked for the show. I love all those little shows, we missed most of them this time, I had hoped to see more of them but it didn't work out that way. I really like spaceship Earth, although I miss the one where Walter Kronkite narrated, I thought he did a good job.
We missed them all in 2008 so it was my goal to catch them this time. I must confess we didn't actually pay attention to the schedule but lucked out in coming across them this time. There are still a few I might need to schedule next time because I still haven't seen the candy lady in Japan or the chair stackers in France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
How cool that your Dad got picked!! He looks like he is having a fabulous time. What a great memory.
It will be a story I'm sure I will tell my grandkids when I take them to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
What fun for you to see your dad do this!
You know he is in the pictures and video of a lot of people now - a star in his own right.
Cool World Showcase button, too.
I hadn't even thought about that. I can just imagine..."then instead of the 13 year old kid desperately trying to volunteer, she picked this old guy!"

Quote:
This is fantastic!! I am really enjoying your pics and video. I recently bought a Kodak Playsport video camera, and I can't wait to take it on our trip! I hope we get a chance to video some magic of our own.
I don't have a separate video camera but periodically use the movie mode on my regular camera. Hopefully you will capture some fun memories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a hoot that your dad was chosen to play Romeo!!! I love it!!!
I was great fun to watch him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
What a great memory for you and your dad! So fun!! You should try searching for it on youtube. Maybe someone recorded it and your mom could see it!

I agree, it's not a trip to Epcot without Spaceship Earth!! Glad you got to Soar again too.

Great photopass pictures!!
Surprisingly, Mom didn't seem to bummed about missing it

Soarin and SE were a great ending to a fun day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
That is TOO funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love that your dad got picked for "Romeo and Edna"--it is one of my favorite shows at Epcot. And it looks like your dad had a great time (and I love the "butt checking" picture).

Sounds like yet another great day.
I wish I could remember why she did that It was another great day of what was a great trip!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 08-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #764
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post

Katie: what a great end to your Epcot day! Loved all the pictures of your Dad as Romeo!
I'm so glad Mom and Dad were able to join us for the day! Mom had missed Epcot completely on our last trip and she was excited for F&G and exploring WS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Awww that is so special that your Dad got picked!!! Love his button too! Can't say there are too many of them floating around out there!!
Great PP pictures too....really like the one of all four of you at the exit/entrance.

Tracy
I wonder if he kept that button? You are right, not something a large population of people earn!

The PP pics turned out well but I must confess to love how the boarders can hide less desireable parts (Don't like how your bu## looks? Just cover it with a flower or Mickey's ear! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Very cool that your dad got picked for the worldshow case show. He looks like a bit of a ham..... good for him!

Enjoyed your update and your pictures. Bummer that you had trouble to talking to your kids via skype. That must have been so frustrating.
Dad is a fun guy for sure! I knew she had made a good choice when he was picked

I had promised to skype 2 times with them during the week and yes, spending all the time on the phone with tech support wasn't what I had expected but it worked out in the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
You got some really beautiful pictures around World Showcase before your dinner at Biergarten! Speaking of which...YUM! I've never eaten there, and I'm not generally a fan of buffets, but I'd really like to give it a try.

So cool that your Dad got picked for the show! He played right along and was such a good sport! I'm glad the computer issue got worked out and you could chat with your kids.
I'm the same way about buffets but this was an exceptional one! If the food is your style, it's worth a visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Yeah, I do, and I agree, my issues are effected more visually than they are from the actual feel of motion - strange! I had to close my eyes some during the Canada film and I think it really would have helped if I could've sat down.

I love that your dad got picked to be Romeo! He may say it was embarrassing, but he certainly looked like he was having a good time
The last time I went to an IMAX film I about lost it! I was wanting to watch is so bad but I wasn't sure I was going to keep down my lunch, very disappointing!

Even if he was embarassed, he had a great time I know!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #765
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
That is so cool about your Dad and it's great that you took the video to show Shelby and your mom.

Fantastic end to the Epcot day!
I was so excited when he was chosen!

Quote:
Oh I totally agree! I have an inner ear condition and in order to diagnose it, I had to have these tests done where they tried to make me dizzy then measured which things made me the most dizzy. Basically I was in a darkened room with a variety of moving lights that I had to follow with my eyes I'll take Mission Space orange side any day over that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
How cool that your dad got picked as Romeo! He looked like he was enjoying every minute of it!

Great photopass picture!
I think despite his embarassment, he did enjoy his moment in the spotlight!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Your dad is just too cute! Great update.
He really is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
How fun!!! Your Dad looks like he was having a blast! What a wonderful memory and a perfect way to end the day at Epcot.

And a very nice ending to the day with Skype and an early night.

This happens to me too - your brain thinks you are moving, but your body isn't, so the "balancer" in your brain (I believe the cerebellum?) kidna freaks out and you get sick. I haven't tired one of the movies at Epcot yet....I mostly get sick in the car for the same reason though.
I always think I will want to go go go on vacation but the truth is, I like quiet evenings at home more than hectic ones so I don't know why it's so hard to let myself have one when away from home!

I don't get carsick and this trip was the first time I ever had problems on the flight. I can ride just about any ride without long term effects (the teacups take me a few minutes to recover from but it's totally worth it!) but any visual that surrounds me without movement to support that will get me everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
I love that your dad got picked! How funny! All of your pics really make me wish I had had more time to explore WS...theres always next time I guess!
I do love WS and taking time to just wander (trust me, it's MUCH easier without kids it tow!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Your dad is so cute! Great pictures and what a great sport....looked like he was having a ball
Yeah, he claimed it was embarassing but through it all, I think he loved it!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: