Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #152
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh wow!!!! How wonderful for Beth!!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2010, 12:19 AM   #153
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Hi Katie!!! I am going to start reading along now!! I need to go back and start at the beginning!! So glad you started, I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:41 AM   #154
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

yay! finally all caught up!! Great start to your TR! I'm sorry to hear about those blisters! The rooms at CS are beautiful! Might look into that for our next vacation! Your first day sounds like it started off with a bang at CG. Glad you were able to snag a table! Great pics!!! Can't wait to hear more!!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #155
MEK
DIS Veteran

I can't even imagine what it would be like to have chronic pain for almost three years. I hope the results of Beth's surgery continue to exceed her expectations. Here's to a pain free life!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-22-2010, 06:52 AM   #156
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
That is great news! I hope she continues to improve!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Yay!!!! So happy for Beth!! That is such great news and I wish her a speedy recovery!!

Tracy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Katie, that is AWESOME news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Glad Beth's procedure went well Katie! So glad she was finally able to get it!!! YAY for no pain!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
That is AWESOME news!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrykengab View Post
So great! I hope the good news continues!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
That's wonderful! Prayers for her continued recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Yay! I'm so happy for Beth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh wow!!!! How wonderful for Beth!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can't even imagine what it would be like to have chronic pain for almost three years. I hope the results of Beth's surgery continue to exceed her expectations. Here's to a pain free life!
Thanks to all of you!!! Here is the reason I love the Dis so much! Most of you don't know me personally and none of you know Beth, yet you share in my concern for her situation and express joy for her finding relief at last. thank you for being such wonderful, caring people I'm so proud to be a part of this group!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 05-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #157
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Hi Katie!!! I am going to start reading along now!! I need to go back and start at the beginning!! So glad you started, I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you made it Beth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
yay! finally all caught up!! Great start to your TR! I'm sorry to hear about those blisters! The rooms at CS are beautiful! Might look into that for our next vacation! Your first day sounds like it started off with a bang at CG. Glad you were able to snag a table! Great pics!!! Can't wait to hear more!!
I only had a few complaints at CSR but the good far exceeded the bad!

More coming right up!

Old 05-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #158
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Glad to hear there has been success with Beth! I hope it continues!

The rooms ARE just beautiful CSR! I soooooo still have that as my #1 desired Disney destination resort! lmao- the fansites out there devoted to it just get me every time!

Cant wait for your next installment! I'm almost ready to start mine.....
Old 05-22-2010, 07:11 AM   #159
kschafer
DIS Veteran

A Fantasmic end to Day 1

Day 1 continued

In our last chapter, I had drawn a hideous little critter and was trying to decide where to go next. It was just about 9:00 and the first showing of Fantasmic was about to begin. I had decided to leave it up to how I was feeling if I wanted to see the first or second show. At this point I decided that I still had a lot of energy and would wait for the second so on I went to pay my due respects to the man who started it all

I just took my time wandering through One Man’s Dream and thanking him for his amazing vision.

These always bring a tear to my eye

I saw the movie at the end, something we had skipped in 2008. It was a very nice story about Walt’s life and work! More tears were shed

I stepped out into the warm evening and pondered whether I would be using that long sleeve shirt I was carrying with me. Those of you who followed my PTR remember that I had much angst about finding the right park bag because I needed one that was large enough to carry the shirt during the day because with average lows dipping down into the 60’s, I surely would need it in the mornings and evenings. However, as I shared in the first post, it was much hotter than average and you won’t be surprised that this was the only time I carried that shirt. It was left in the room the next morning to never appear again! (having said that, I still loved my baggallini so the angst wasn’t for nothing!)

By this time, the first F! showing was finished and I decided to wander that way figuring I wouldn’t be able to squeeze in anything else and I would just grab a seat and wait. Of course I would never have gotten to over 3,000 pictures if I hadn’t snapped some along the way!

So I joined a quickly growing crowd waiting to be let into the theater and I waited…and waited…and waited! It was dark and I couldn’t see my watch so I don’t really know how long it was but judging by the time stamps on my pictures, it was 20-30 minutes. BUT with my new soak-it-in outlook I decided to pass the time by taking pictures of the nicely illuminated palm trees…can’t get that sight in Iowa!

Up until now, I had thought a few times that I wished my kids were with me but found I was really enjoying being able to just wander doing what I felt like. I also stopped to appreciate the fact that I wasn’t one of the parents desperately trying to entertain their kids during that long wait

Finally we were let in and I found a great seat. Dead center, end of the row, about 15 rows up! I honestly had forgotten how much I loved this show! I would have loved my pictures to turn out better during the nighttime shows but they are OK for a little point and shoot I guess

This one was a fluke (I really just pointed the camera and pressed the shutter and hoped something would turn out) but I kind of like it

As I made my way out of the theater I once again stopped to appreciate that I could walk by the sea of strollers and not have to carry a tired or cranky child onto the bus and back to the room. So I said goodnight to Hollywood Studios

And as I rode the bus back to CSR, I tried to decide what I wanted to do the next morning about my unhappy room location. Was it worth the hassle????

Old 05-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #160
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Glad to hear there has been success with Beth! I hope it continues!

The rooms ARE just beautiful CSR! I soooooo still have that as my #1 desired Disney destination resort! lmao- the fansites out there devoted to it just get me every time!

Cant wait for your next installment! I'm almost ready to start mine.....
CSR is just beautiful! It is very relaxing and you feel like after a long day in the park, you can just kick back and chill. I love that! The Disney touches are subtle which I like. It is big but we didn't spend a lot of time getting around the resort so it wasn't much of an issue for us (there were a few times I would have liked to go fill up my mug but the walk wasn't worth it! I just had some bottles in our room instead)

Kathy's site on the dis is a great resource for info for anyone considering staying there! I would definitely like to go back but will probably try some others first just for kicks

Old 05-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #161
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

I love Fantasmic but I don't know that we will see it this summer. The crowds are too much with two little kids since they now only do it certain nights. Last summer we were in line for the 2nd show 30 minutes before the first show started. The crowds were insane and it was super hot! Not a fun way to end the night in my opinion.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:43 AM   #162
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I just adore Fantasmic. Your pictures are making me want to see it in September. Hmmm, I feel an itinerary change coming on.

I love the picture of the balloons on Sunset Blvd...is that the street name??
Old 05-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #163
Kelrykengab
DIS Veteran

We all love F! and can't imagine being in Disney and not seeing it even though we have seen it twice. Great pics. The thing I love about WDW is it is a different trip every time....with kids, without kids and even with the exact same people it can be a different trip each time. So cool!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #164
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear that Beth's surgery went well!

What a lovely evening and a great seat at Fantasmic!!! Love your shot of the balloons on Hollywood Boulevard!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #165
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Joining in
Great F! pics, I haven't seen it in a while, I'll have to get on that though!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: