Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
scubacop77
I like Disney but dont tell my wife or she'll want to go ALL the time, not just 2x a year!

How Can I Get Sick at Disney? NOOOO!!!

This is my first ever attempt at writing a trip report. Why now do you ask? Because I went to WDW got sick but "got over" it because I was at the happiest place in the world with my DH and my 2 DDs!
My DH and I have been now with our kids 5x in the past 2 years to WDW. So you can say we kind of like it. DH knows it makes me happy and our girls happy so he goes along with it(he loves it too!).

Let me introduce the family and tell you a little about us.

My DH and me (we celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary on this trip).

Here's a picture of us on our 1st kid free trip in 7 years out to the Pacific Northwest(Im a huge Twilight fan that's kind of why we went out there). This is @ Seaside OR by Tillamook Head at the Pacific Ocean. Beautiful February day.

Then we have our 2 little princesses:

Kendra, 6 going on 16. She used to love the princesses but is now all about Justin Bieber. Ugh! But hey I loved NKOTB (still do!) so I dont knock her for it.

Finally, Piper, 3. She's all about the princesses these days and often corrects us when we call her by telling us her name is Belle.

This was a short but sweet trip. This was actually a surprise anniversary trip from the DH. He knew I was jonesing for a spring break trip and wanted to get away with the kids so he put this together 2 weeks before we left. And he was able to get us a dinner ADR @ 1900 Park Fare, Le cellier and Via Napoli. The first 2 I'd never done and had always wanted to do and the 3rd I love their pizza. Props to the DH for doing this.

Next up: our 1st day and dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I hope ya'll bear with me as write this report. I wont disappoint.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Distopia
Mouseketeer

What a beautiful family you have! I can relate to being ill at WDW. We all ended up with swine flu in 2009 and my husband always seems to pick up some kind of cold/flu. Can't wait to read some more!
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
scubacop77
I like Disney but dont tell my wife or she'll want to go ALL the time, not just 2x a year!

Thank you so much. Im the only one that had the fever/chills/stomachache. Everyone else was great. So I just had to suck it up. Im going to write more tomorrow. Just a little too loud when the oldest is home from school.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
scubacop77

UPDATE!! How Can I Get Sick at Disney? NOOOO!!!

Tuesday: April 5th 2011

Im a planner. I obsess about it, I dream about it and I drive my family crazy in the months, weeks, days and finally hours leading up to our Disney trips. I do this b/c I want to make the most out of it and I dont want to feel like I missed out on anything. I do this no matter where we go.

We left Dalton around 3am and it was kind of scary. North GA was having major storms and I was worried that it would be dangerous to drive in it. Thankfully it had passed by the time we loaded up and pulled out of the driveway. Of course Kendra fell right asleep like she always does when we take road trips. I chalk this up to the fact that when she was a newborn up til she was a 1 1/2 we lived in S. GA on the FL border and would drive up regularly to visit my parents here in N. GA. So I dont ever worry about her getting enough sleep. Piper on the other hand is like me. We cannot sleep anywhere, well not very well, unless we are in a bed. She groans, twitches and finally passes out when she's reached exhaustion. That never plays out well I tell you! But now that we have a portable dvd player it does help with her impatience at having to sit in a car seat.
After reaching Atlanta after an hour or so, she finally naps. I tried this way and that and I give up the fact that once again Im not going to sleep in the car. UGH!!! We stop for breakfast at BK and then take off once again. As weather.com stated it was going to be a dreary travel day. Gray, gray and more gray with some rain thrown in there to make it even better! Plus we were freezing. I dressed the girls in their shorts/t-shirts preparing for the warmness of Orlando but it didnt get warm til the FL turnpike, hours later. So when we would stop they'd put their fleeces on and run inside to the warmth of the bldg.
We finally reached the turnpike and were so excited to be that much closer to the world. The girls know that when we start stopping at the tollbooths we are close and that raises the excitement level in the car. We pulled under this famous sign around 1PM and it was like our sign saying "WELCOME BACK TO DISNEY COLLINS FAMILY!" "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?" LOL!

Then it was time to pull up to our home for the next 3 nights:

We checked in around 1:30pm-ish, dont hold me to it! While we were waiting for the DH to check us in they had a CM DJ'ing and some hula hoops out for the kids to play with.

Here's Kendra doing the hula on her wrist. You have to look closely, its moving that fast. Ha!

Of course Piper had to give it a try but she didnt quite get the hang of it. Im 31 and I cant and have never gotten the hang of hula-hooping down.

So DH got us checked in. We had requested 50s 4th floor w/a lake view. At this point he and I were so tired that we just wanted a room so we took what they had available and didnt complain. We were assigned to the 80s. It was an awesome room! Completely refurbished with new carpeting, nice flat screen tv and a privacy curtain that Ive never seen in the POP rooms we have had before. DH liked that b/c he's the only guy in our family of four. Here are some pics from the room and the window I decorated:

After everything was unpacked we decided it was time for a much needed nap!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
WDWisTheBest
This is better than plan one
I hope the clean up efforts are swift

Thanks for the great TR. Your pictures are really interesting and descriptive.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Queila
DIS Veteran

Signing up. Your daughters are beautiful!
Cannot wait to read more (from another blockhead )

Q
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Your girls are adorable and I love your window decorations. I always decorate our window. It just put you in a good mood every time you come back to your room. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
scubacop77

Smile UPDATE CONTD: How Can I Get Sick at Disney?NOOOO!!!

Tuesday April 5th 2011 Contd:

When I left off we had all just laid down for a much needed nap. When we all decided to get up, DH had the great idea to go swimming. Great Idea? Not so much! It was still chilly out from the rains earlier. Id say 70ish. BRRRRR!!! So off we went. Well the girls lasted all of 10 minutes before they wanted to get out. I didnt say I told you so b/c its vacation and what kid doesnt like to swim right?!

By this time we all had to shower and dress for our dinner @ 1900 Park Fare! I was so excited. In previous trips I could never get an ADR for this dinner and it was on my to-do list whenever we went back. So unbeknownst to me, DH when making this trip happen went ahead and went online and secured us a 5:50pm ADR. How does he do it? His response: Right place, right time. Ok whatever! LOL! Who was I to complain? Of course I packed some cute dresses for the girls and I brought an accessory for my dress:

I found it at the Disney Store last summer and I thought it would go well with my black dress! So cute right?

So off to the Grand Floridian. We hadnt planned on using the Valet but since the girls and I were wearing new shoes we decided to use them. Lot easier, though not cheaper!

Here we are:

Around 5:45pm they were ready for us. We took the customary picture in front of the castle on the wall. We ended up getting it b/c it turned out so well. Usually I pass b/c the girls dont smile or even look at the camera but they did good this time. We walked right in and were seated just to the left of the doors but not by the main walking area so no busy traffic.

Immediately we got to see/meet:

Lady Tremaine, Cinderella's Step-mother

She was very good with the girls. As you can see, DH had to be in the middle b/c Piper wouldnt go near her unless he was in between. She was scared at first but eventually she eased up around the "meanies" as she calls them.

Because we were seated and the characters came almost immediately we held off on eating. Not that the girls noticed. They were too excited to meet the characters instead of eating.

The next character to come up to our table was Anastasia, 1 of Cinderella's step-sisters.

She was a hoot!

She was great with the girls. Not at all scary. She was joking around about Cindy and was saying how she should be with Prince Charming.

Then we got to meet Cindy's other step-sister: Drisella(if I spelled it wrong, sorry!). She too was comical and by this point Piper was okay with them.

At this point the anniversary cake that DH ordered from Pat came out. It was the best surprise present/cake that DH has done for me besides this trip. It was red fondant w/white polka dots and a few hearts!, black balls around the base with Mickey and Minnie white chocolate toppers on top and a few sugar daisies. Of course since DH ordered it and he doesnt like chocolate cake he ordered yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Perfect combo for us! Plus the girls eat any kind of cake so they'd be okay with it. Here it is:

Beautiful isnt it? After this surprise I was a little scared b/c Ive looked at the official cake chatter thread and read that the GF's cakes are a hit or miss when it comes to taste. It tasted great! Best cake Ive had in a long time. Maybe it was that little extra "disney" flavor!

Then we had another visitor to our table:

The lady of the hour, Cinderella

You'd think that Piper had just won the toy lottery or something with the way she was looking at Cinderella! She was in total awe. Cindy was very nice, complemented on the cake and even wished us a very happy anniversary. She made the meal!

My Prince Charming with Cindy! Too cute!

Finally we had our last visitor to the table and he was very welcome at our table according the girls who proclaimed, "Im going to marry him! After I marry daddy first!" Gotta love what little kids say.

Prince Charming

Here's one I made the DH take. LOL!! Hey, I can have 2 Prince Charming's right? At Disney I can!

Finally we were going to EAT!!! Starving is an understatement! This is where I think I might've gotten the sick part of the trip from. I could be wrong so noone get mad at me! The food was great and the girls even had 2 plates worth(rare). One of the items on the buffet was chicken marsala. I ended up having 2 pieces(bigger than bite sized I'd say). Only after finishing the 2nd piece did I notice a strange after taste. I thought, oh well -its too late to do anything about it now. DH had a bite of the same item and he didnt have any more of it b/c he said it tasted different(he told me this the next morning). And he's a major fan of that chicken dish.
Other than that item, we stuffed ourselves. I discovered this lovely dish:

and fell in love!

On top of our cake that we got, our server brought out an anniversary dessert:

OMG!!!

We barely touched it b/c we wanted cake. Nice gesture though!

Then it was time to leave. We had a great time there and the character interactions were awesome. Maybe one day we'll do it again.

We did try to go to DTD but the crowds made it unbearable and we decided to head back to the POP. Once back we all decided to call it a night and go to sleep.

Let's just say not everybody slept that night!

To be continued!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
scubacop77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
Signing up. Your daughters are beautiful!
Cannot wait to read more (from another blockhead )

Q
Thanks! I hope I dont bore ya'll with my report. Ive never done it before so its a learning thing ya know.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
scubacop77

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWisTheBest View Post
Thanks for the great TR. Your pictures are really interesting and descriptive.
Thanks!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
scubacop77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Your girls are adorable and I love your window decorations. I always decorate our window. It just put you in a good mood every time you come back to your room. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your report.
Thanks! This is my 2nd time decorating and I only had 2 days to come up w/those due to my dh springing this trip on me! Not that I mind but I still wanted to do the window. Plus it helps you find your room too if the window is decorated.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #12
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I LOVE Minnie so I LOVED the cake! Your girls are beautiful! I want to do 1900PF! I have teens tho but Ill talk DH into it.. LOL Enjoying the TR!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 04-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #13
scubacop77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
I LOVE Minnie so I LOVED the cake! Your girls are beautiful! I want to do 1900PF! I have teens tho but Ill talk DH into it.. LOL Enjoying the TR!
I love her too and I didnt want a kiddie cake even though our girls were with us. I think the teens would like it. It was a lot of fun.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #14
Cameo818
Mouseketeer

Dun dun DUN!!! What an ominous cliffhanger...

Loving your report and especially the photos. You have a beautiful family and your girls are just adorable!

DLR trips - '93, '94, '95 (14 trips), '97 (3 trips), '98 (honeymoon), '10 (PPH), '12 (PPH), '13 (PPH), '14 (PPH)
WDW trips - '92 with parents & sister (Dixie Landings), '96 with extended family (offsite - there were 18 of us!), & 2000 with DH (Port Orleans), '14 half day in Epcot due to Conference (offsite)
Disney Cruise Line - hoping sometime in 2016?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #15
Queila
DIS Veteran

You guys looked so pretty all dolled up for your special evening! And that cake looks amazing. Congratulations!

Q

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: