Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Girls Only Trip Report - new video added!!

Monday 10th May 2010
My alarm was set for 4am and I was surprisingly awake – amazing what the thought of Disney magic can do! I did the last minute packing and woke Isabelle at 4.20 before Mum arrived at 4.30. Our flight left at 7.15am and thankfully we weren’t affected by the volcanic ash cloud. We arrived in Paris CDG at 9.25am and found 3 bags on luggage carousel – all ours! That never happens to me – I think all the other passengers must have had hand luggage only!
We were met by John for our transfer with Ezyshuttle to Sequoia Lodge and were there by 10.15 to check-in & leave our luggage, collect park tickets etc. I was offered park breakfasts which I accepted – love eating in the park!!
We headed straight to the park via the lodge exit after a bit of confusion but this did allow us to see some of the beautiful grounds before a stroll round the lake past Hotel New York.

First stop Salon Mickey so no queues for us!! Isabelle knocked over her drink, hid under a chair & crawled commando across the floor, possibly not quite the behaviour they are used to! It was a really good start to the day though and a chance to re-charge after the travelling. Found the toilets for the first time!

Princess Tiana & Prince Naveen were doing a meet & greet but the queue was already closed, so we had to make do with these guys...

Decided to walk straight round to Woody’s Round-Up where we saw Minnie, Mickey, Jessie & Goofy hanging around outside.

It was most amusing when Jessie walked off with the pram she was posing beside, complete with baby!! Isabelle decided to teach Mickey Mouse her “Donald Duck Dance” and was over the moon when he joined in and the two of them danced like ducks!! (Sadly hadn’t found the video camera at this point!)

We headed up to the Railroad station but it wasn’t open for another 30 minutes. Happily the Pocahontas Playground was open this trip so we went round there for some old fashioned play time and Isabelle had a great time. There was a family of ducks with baby ducklings wandering around – soooo cute!

Back to Disney Railroad where we rode the train until Discoveryland and walked back round past Bella Notte into Fantasyland.
Time for Lunch at Toad Hall, fish & chips! We ate outside as it was full inside, fortunately it wasn’t too cold!
Afternoon was spent in Fantasyland – we rode It’s A Small World – Granny’s first ride! She is used to cruises so this was right up her street! Carousel – Granny couldn’t climb onto the horse so sat this one out! Tea Cups – A firm favourite!

Disney Showtime Spectacular was on next, it came on to rain while we were watching this, but this didn’t stop Granny flirting with Emile and being rewarded with lots of kisses and a shake of his booty!!

Left the park via Disneyland Hotel at 4pm , but no characters.
We decided to get the bus back to the hotel as it was raining, by this time Isabelle was asleep! We got our keys & luggage and unpacked before waking her up to have a bath & get ready for dinner.

We ate dinner in the hotel at the Beaver Creek Tavern and Isabelle was dressed as Tinkerbell. Our waiter said, “Hello Princess” and she looked at him and said, “I’m not a princess, I’m Tinkerbell – the tinker fairy!” he took this fairly well!!

She was so tired that she didn’t eat much, but Granny & I made up for it! Mum had the half roast chicken and I had the steak with dessert buffet. Sorry but I didn’t take the camera so no photos, but the desserts were great!! I had Black Forest Gateau, Strawberry Mousse cake and chocolate mousse. Isabelle had jelly, custard and fruit. There were also other cakes, ice creams, floating islands, etc! There was so much to choose from, the starter selection was really good (selections of pates, cold meats, salads, hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, prawns, bread, rolls) and there was also a children’s main buffet selection of Mickey potato heads, pasta, bolognaise sauce, chips, chicken drumsticks, carrots, green beans etc. Isabelle was given a spirograph-type toy when we had finished our meal. We then had an early night and were planning on a nice lie in before our 9.30 breakfast slot the next morning...

Last edited by Mum to Belle; 07-03-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
Mrs_Wazowski
Mouseketeer

fab, fab, fab so far..please hurry with more, lol!

Love all your pics so far too, Isabelle is just beautiful and seems so much more grown up than in previous pictures. I love the hoodie she is wearing, did you buy that there???
Mrs_Wazowski is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
baby_belle
Mouseketeer

Great report so far and your daughter is gorgeous (loving her name too, I have an Isobel) - fantastic photo of her and Jessie.

Hope John provided his usual brilliant service, we have already booked up with him again for November.

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
baby_belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Wazowski View Post
fab, fab, fab so far..please hurry with more, lol!

Love all your pics so far too, Isabelle is just beautiful and seems so much more grown up than in previous pictures. I love the hoodie she is wearing, did you buy that there???
Aw, thanks! The hoodie is from Disney Store over here, got it last year. Better go and start on day 2...
Old 05-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

yey you started. what a great first day. isabelle is such a cutie. i love the pic of her with mickey and minnie. cant wait for more!!!!

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
Mum to Belle

Day 2

Tuesday 11th May 2010
So, despite planning a leisurely morning with a lie in, I woke up at 6.00 and Mum & Isabelle were both up by 6.30 so we set off for the park & did Extra Magic Hours! We managed Buzz and Orbitron before breakfast! (Just as well considering Thursday...) I tried taking a photo of Granny on her rocket while it was flying but she was so high I couldn’t see her!!

Buzz was great fun although the moving walkway was a bit of a challenge for Mum! We both managed Level 3 which considering Isabelle was “helping” us wasn’t bad!

We had booked a character breakfast at 9.30 in Cafe Mickey and it didn’t disappoint. We saw Mickey, Chip & Dale, Friar Tuck, Prince John, Goofy & Pluto.

Isabelle taught Chip her Donald Duck dance and I have it on video so will try and edit it at some point... We waited until after all the characters had left before attempting to get her to eat breakfast (she chose smoked salmon & scrambled egg) so it was nearly 11.00 before we left.

As planned we headed to Disney Studios today! Which was good as the weather was going to turn into rain, rain, rain and then some more rain.
First off we went to see Playhouse Disney but the show had just started so we missed that. Stitch Live wasn’t on for another half an hour or so, so we wandered off to find the umbrella, only to discover that it wasn’t working. Maybe it knew it was going to rain...?? Anyway, we wandered round the corner and who did we see but Donald Duck!! I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you that Isabelle was thrilled and we had another performance of the Duck Dance!! Here they are taking a bow...

Back to watch Stitch Live which was as great as ever, and although Stitch didn’t choose Isabelle to talk to, it didn’t stop her talking to him! (Even louder than the girl with the microphone)

Next we took Granny for a ride on the Magic Carpets, one of the carpets had broken so the queue was slow moving and by the time we got on it was raining but still a pleasant flight!!

After this we were just in time for Animagique which we loved. Only problem was a very noisy family sitting next to us who seemed to be having a domestic at the beginning of the show!

Sully was doing a meet & greet but Isabelle was only interested in the Scream Machines...

We had lunch at the Blockbuster Cafe so we could meet Captain Jack Sparrow! Mum had a great time with him but Isabelle scuppered my chances by crying and hanging on to me when he came over – what a spoil sport!! We ordered a Croque Monsieur meal & Mickey pizza and sat next to a lovely couple from Holland.

By the time we’d finished lunch we had missed both the parade & the Playhouse Disney show and the rain was really heavy so we got the bus back to hotel. We went for a swim which Isabelle loved – she’s a real water baby. She especially loved the water slide, Mum & I found the water a bit on the cool side though.

We met up with our friends as we had dinner booked at Cafe Mickey at 6.15pm. This was an experience and a half! We saw Minnie, Mickey, Eeyore, Tigger, Captain Hook, Smee, Genie, Goofy & Pluto.

Best moment of the trip was Isabelle dancing with Minnie to the Freedom song! Oh yes, I have this on video!!! (Due to technical problems I can’t upload it yet though, so you’ll have to imagine my daughter dressed as Minnie jumping up and down with the real Minnie!!!)

We had ordered a birthday cake as it was my friend’s OH’s birthday – he had NO idea!! Very funny, and we had Mickey & Pluto come over to dance with us & Isabelle blew out the candles (this is when I realised I had the video on standby.........)

Overall we were there till about 10pm as the service was reeeeeally slow. We didn’t order for Isabelle, she ate the bread rolls, some of my chips, and a pudding. I knew that she would be too interested in the characters to eat. I had fantasia mushrooms, Pluto steak (it was bleeding!!) and the Woody’s Campside Chocolate, needless to say we had no room left to eat the cake! We walked back to the hotel feeling rather full, thankfully the rain had stopped! And so ends another day...
Old 05-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Really enjoying your report ~ Isabelle is gorgeous and I so hope we'll get to see her Donald Duck dance.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

another great day. shame about the rain but thats a good time to spend in the studios

cant wait to see this dance lol

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
LoodlesNoodles
DIS Veteran

Fantastic stuff so far! Love that your daughter taught all the characters this duck dance

What was the birthday cake experience like at Cafe Mickey? Planning on ordering one on the sly for my friend (it's her birthday trip).
LoodlesNoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:24 AM   #10
northwest1965
Mouseketeer

Really loving thr report and what beautiful pictures!

DLPR May 2010 - it just wasnt Florida!

Florida August 2012 with my DH and 2 stepkids (their 1st time)
northwest1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:04 AM   #11
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

luving ur tr so far ur dd is adorable
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
Cee'
Princess wannabe

Isabelle is so so so adorable!

Loving your trip-repot, hurry up with more!
Cee' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Great - loving this

Cafe Mickey twice in one day!! And I need to see this Donald Duck dance

Can't wait for more
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
Johnny_boy
Mouseketeer

Great photos and enjoying the TR, I'd be interested in what you thought of Toad Hall - I know you said you were considering not doing it and I'm sorry of I almost put you off!

My kids are still talking about Cafe Mickey - sounds like you had a load of fun there as well - great memories are made there! My kids both fell asleep in the car this afternoon and are still up (failed twice to put them to bed) - so I've just shown Jo-boy your photos and he recognised Cafe Mickey.

I wouldn't worry about Isobelle dropping her juice in Salon Mickey - Amélie did the same (photo of her cleaning it up in the TR). I have to say, I was impressed with the toilets there, very plush.

Weather wise, I think you might have been a bit more unlucky than us, we only had a few minutes of rain on the first few days bit a freezing cold wind -I think Karen Molloney will back me up on that one! Even in the rain, Disney's still as magical.

Looking forward to the rest of the TR.

Me 48, DW 44, DD 6 DS 5
DLRP August 1998 - staying offsite ~ WDW Florida Sep 2001 - staying offsite
WDW Florida May 2004 - Honeymoon - staying offsite ~ DLRP September 2006 - staying offsite
DLRP June 2008 - Santa Fe ~ DRLP May 2010- Cheyenne ~ DLRP Jul 2011 - Cheyenne ~DLRP Jul 2012 - Cheyenne
Johnny_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #15
Mum to Belle

Right then, let's see if this works...

Hopefully this should be a bit that I filmed of DD dancing her duck dance with Chip, sorry about the quality!! (of the filming that is)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: