DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #871
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Two weeks from today we will be there. And I can't wait!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #872
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker Bell Fan View Post
We've got a reservation at SSR but am thinking of changing to WLV since our friends are staying there. We'll see. Miss our home away from home!
We stayed at WLV last time, as we had never been there before and wanted to try it. Like most, it was really nice. The theming is really cool, proximity to MK is awesome, and location on the lake is great. I thought the Turf Club was better than their signature Artist Point, and the pools are not much over at WLV. Still, when you are anywhere at Disney, it's always good. Have a great trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #873
Disneymanic
Earning My Ears

Two weeks from today we will be at our Home. I can hardly wait for this trip because my DS and his DW and my DD and her girlfriend will be staying there for the first time. My DW and I love it there!

The kid in all of us forever shines through in the light of Disney.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #874
Sheribo
DIS Veteran

Anyone there now who could post a March activity schedule? We're super excited about our trip in 6 days.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #875
ree123
25 + visits and counting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree123 View Post
POOL CONSTUCTION PICTURES PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Have fun. Im super green with envy
PRETTY PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSE!! POOL construction updates and/or pics.....
Old 03-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #876
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Well, this year's THV fell apart. Some may remember my rantings, but BIL stopped it all. For those newbies, DW and I offered BIL, his family, and MIL a trip with us to stay at THV. He initially accepted, then demanded we also pay for his tickets and meals (which his mother agreed to do), and then demanded we move it to July. Then, since the BIL wouldn't go, MIL backed out as well. The apple does not fall far. My children really wanted to go with their grandmother, so I am a little disappointed. But, I really can't stand the guy and the only way I make it through holidays is to drink heavily. So, I am glad he is not going.

Now, a new opportunity as emerged. Friends have asked about going to WDW with us. She and DW were college roommates, DW and I are their children's godparents, and he and I get along really well (and get into trouble occasionally). I never really wanted to go with BIL, that was DW's idea, but they would be fun to go to WDW with. My first thought - a THV trip in October 2012 sounds great. Am I delusional to even want to try this again?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 03-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #877
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Well, this year's THV fell apart. Some may remember my rantings, but BIL stopped it all. For those newbies, DW and I offered BIL, his family, and MIL a trip with us to stay at THV. He initially accepted, then demanded we also pay for his tickets and meals (which his mother agreed to do), and then demanded we move it to July. Then, since the BIL wouldn't go, MIL backed out as well. The apple does not fall far. My children really wanted to go with their grandmother, so I am a little disappointed. But, I really can't stand the guy and the only way I make it through holidays is to drink heavily. So, I am glad he is not going.

Now, a new opportunity as emerged. Friends have asked about going to WDW with us. She and DW were college roommates, DW and I are their children's godparents, and he and I get along really well (and get into trouble occasionally). I never really wanted to go with BIL, that was DW's idea, but they would be fun to go to WDW with. My first thought - a THV trip in October 2012 sounds great. Am I delusional to even want to try this again?
No your not crazy (I remember your post about your BIL)
A WDW trip with Like Minded friends/family can be Magical and the THV is a great place to stay. We love it.... esp love the deck try to get a water view.

We have been in both situations. We have "treated" a certain family member and her children to family trips...they were so Ungrateful and constantly complaining
We have also had many more trips with friends and other family members that were truly a wonderful experience.

Don't let him spoil your Magic.

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 03-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #878
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
No your not crazy (I remember your post about your BIL)
A WDW trip with Like Minded friends/family can be Magical and the THV is a great place to stay. We love it.... esp love the deck try to get a water view.

We have been in both situations. We have "treated" a certain family member and her children to family trips...they were so Ungrateful and constantly complaining
We have also had many more trips with friends and other family members that were truly a wonderful experience.

Don't let him spoil your Magic.
Thanks. I struggled, but have moved past BIL. We will not ask them again, and I doubt he will ask us. As for the friends, I am happy to share our good fortune & Disney magic. We get along real well, but he has expressed an interest in WDW. We have been to swimming pools w/ each other families, & his family has done Nickelodeon/ Six Flags stuff, so I think they would have fun.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 03-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #879
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
As long as you have things worked out in advance so that there are no unmet expectations and you get along well, it's a fabulous idea! We just completed two add-ons and now have enough points to take two trips a year, one by our selves and one inviting along friends. I'm working on a website for all my friends who are not so familiar with WDW with all the information that Disneyland vets have no idea about like 180 day ADRs, DME, resort transportation, etc. so that they can have some say in planning the trips we want to take.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #880
tjhsr

DVC Member

Some pictures of the new Paddock pool. Coming along quite well. Just got back today so i don't know if someone has already put some recent pictures on here.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #881
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

WOW! Significant progress on the new pool!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #882
rascalmom
Business trips should include a little Disney
Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner! Go OU!
My middle name is Gullible!

It's nice to see the new pool area coming along so well! Hmmmm - where is that trip planner??
FW 74, 76, DI 83, CBR 99, OKW 00, Polynesian 01, CR-GV NYE O1/Jan 02, CR-Tower MK View May/June 02, ASMo/OKW July 03, OKW July 04, HRH 10/04, WL Concierge/SSR March 05, OKW June 05, SSR Christmas 2006. SSR July 2007, DL GCH March 2009, OKW May 2011, HRH/BLT Theme Park View March 2012
Old 03-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #883
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Thanks for posting the pool pics! Nice to see the construction progressing.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #884
csharpwv
DIS Veteran

WOW - they are making great progress! It's really looking like a great addition to one of our home resorts!

I actually thought the pool itself would be a little wider - but hey - I think it fits in very well!

Do you think this is going to make Saratoga Springs the BEST resort for spending time at the pool? (Other than Beach Club with Stormalong Bay!)
-Bay Lake Tower
-Saratoga Springs
-Hilton Head Island
Old 03-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #885
FindingFigment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhsr View Post
Some pictures of the new Paddock pool. Coming along quite well. Just got back today so i don't know if someone has already put some recent pictures on here.
Great pictures! Looks like you took them from the same spot where I was at the end of January. Up in the stairwell? Did you have to hang your arm out to get a shot of the whole pool? That's what I had to do. Took several shots to get it just right since I could see what was in the viewfinder. But it was fun.

Thanks for keeping us updated! Be sure to tell us about your trip, too.

Edit to add: Here is the link to my pictures if anyone wants to compare and see the progress from 5 weeks before: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=794
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: