DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #61
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
So I'm a VWL owner and am making our first DVC stay and it happens to be at SSR this October. I know so little about the resort. Could anyone spare the time to give me some of the pros and cons. We are staying in a studio during Food and Wine, Columbus Day weekend. We really don't plan on bringing in any food, other than breakfast. I won't ask where people recommend I stay, for some unknown reason that questions frustrates me Look at the map and figure it out! LOL Also, how's the dining. I like to try new places. TIA
Never been to VWL, but staying there in October. I love SSR. It is a very relaxing resort. The one con I would give it would be the bus time trips to the park, because of where it is located. However, the pros are the main pool (Springs) with the movie nights. Also, there are several private pool locations (Congress Park, Grandstand, and Paddock). The grounds are beautiful, and there is easy access to tennis courts and golf course. The big pro is the trip to DTD - by boat ride or walk. The view of DTD from Congress Park is pretty cool as well. The Artist Pallet is decent QS, and the Turf Club is really good - probably the best Prime Rib I have had (including non-Disney property).
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #62
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

Ah, another round! I was on page one of the first SSR thread and love that resort just as much now as I did then! We also own at BLT--and I like the idea of owning and two very different style resorts. But yes, we ADORE SSR.

3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #63
rigsby25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
Laundry? Check out the pool buildings, they have washers and dryers. Dont insert any money, as they are free to use, just push in the mechanism without coins inserted.

I like the combination of pool, laundry, bar at Grandstand. Makes one wish for dirty clothes!
Okay - so maybe I should request the Grandstand? Are they by the quiet pools also?

rigsby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #64
millys
Mouseketeer

A few inerior pics of our 2 x bed from December 2009....

Master Bedroom

Maser Bath

2nd Bedroom

2nd Bath

And vanity

Milly
Old 05-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #65
tjhsr

DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigsby25 View Post
Okay - so maybe I should request the Grandstand? Are they by the quiet pools also?
There are two buildings next to the grandstand pool.
tjhsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #66
florep1
I believe in Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by millys View Post
A few inerior pics of our 2 x bed from December 2009....

Master Bedroom

Maser Bath

2nd Bedroom

2nd Bath

And vanity

Milly
Thanks for the pics. We're checking in this Saturday after an overnight stay in Tallahasse. It will be our first time in a 2BR for our family of five and the teenagers are excited about the vanity space lol.
florep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #67
rigsby25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
We'll be in the THV's in just about 60 days. While we're there we are having a gathering for family and friends, it looks like about 30 people. How big are the charcoal grills? How much charcoal will we need to pick up? Thanks for your help.
This sounds like an incredible good time!

rigsby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #68
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

i'm a DVC member at SSR and i love staying there! The resort is so peaceful and near all the parks and I4.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #69
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Dizny Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #70
tarheel
Mouseketeer

We're coming for our first time to SSR in July. Can anyone suggest a grocery store or Super Target or something to hit along the way from the airport? I think I'd prefer to stop along the way vs. check-in then leave again. Thanks!
tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #71
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

We always go to the super walmart on I-4 that is about 10 minutes from SSR. That's why we love SSR's location. We can get off campus really easily and pick up things we need and come right back.
mamaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #72
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

1 bedroom

we will be staying for the first time in july in 1 bedroom - loving the pics!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #73
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Thanks for sharing the pictures! This will be our first time home since we bought in 2004. We have requested the grandstand area. How long (minute wise) is the walk to the Community hall? My kids love the Community Hall at AKV (our other home). Does anyone have a picture of the Community hall or can I find that in the old thread?

What would be the easiest way for us to get to the Marketplace from the Grandstand?

We are pondering renting a car for this trip. I thought a while back that I read of one of the DTD hotels that had a rental car place in it. Does anyone know which one it is or even if there is one? We just want it for 2 days.

I think that's it for now. I am sure that I will have more questions prior to our trip in October.

Thanks!

maciec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:43 AM   #74
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec View Post
. . . . . . How long (minute wise) is the walk to the Community hall?

What would be the easiest way for us to get to the Marketplace from the Grandstand?

We are pondering renting a car for this trip. I thought a while back that I read of one of the DTD hotels that had a rental car place in it. Does anyone know which one it is or even if there is one?

. . . . . .
The walk from Grandstand is less than 5 minutes (about 2 city blocks) . . . past the pool, up the little hill and you are standing at Bell Services beside the main entrance. A little further you find High Rock spriongs Pool. Beside the pool is the community hall. Grandstand is a great place to be . . first bus stop, great pool, nice snack bar & drink station, close to the main facility.

Sorry, can't answer for the car rental - we have never needed a car, we have always used Disney transportation and never felt a need to leave the World.

Have a great time.

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Dizny Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #75
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

I was at the World over the last weekend, and while there got to experience the new Characters in Flight balloon. For those of you not fearful of heights and haven't done it yet - it's AWESOME!! Great to be able to see all of WDW, and other stuff too if you choose to turn around (I really didn't).

Here are a few views of our lovely SSR from the balloon.

Going up

Just for you DiznyDad...the wonderful rocking chairs at Congress Park

And another

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: