DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #691
I Book He Pays
I love Mickey Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
Giggling is part of the experience! Now drink up ..

With DDP, I always felt obligated to eat everything I was entitled to have, even on "those" days when all of the fun is catching up with you. AS we have gotten older, one meal is really all we buy, with a few snacks we have brought from home throughout the day. We can eat TS for less than the DDP dauily pricing for the two of us.

No limit using the TIW card, as far as I have experienced. And no need to combine your bar and dinner tabs. Use the TIW card at both venues. Plus this assures the Tip gets to the right person.
Hmmm.... is that an order to drink up? If so... np! My next mission is to find a blinky blinky Disney wine glass.

That's one thing I'm concerned with re: the DDP. You feel obligated to eat all of this food and if you don't use the points/credits you lose them. Since DH lost 60lbs. I'm worried about him putting a lot back on during vacation. Yes it's vacation and we both tend to eat/drink more but it's finding a balance. Trying to calculate this out is making me crazy.

I'm happy to read that we can get the discount at the bar without ordering food. I thought that TIW would require you to order food with drinks to acquire the discount. So... even if we wanted to chill out at a bar for a bit, have a drink in our blinky blinky glasses that will sing Disney songs to us... we could use the TIW card? Just double checking so I can add this to my notes. We would always make sure that whoever takes care of us is properly tip.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #692
I Book He Pays
I love Mickey Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
Congrats to you!!! I am giving my wife an envelope with a "Disney Coupon" allowing her to select her resale add-on for SSR sometime next year for up to 150 pts.. the BEST NEWS is.. it will NOT HAVE TO BE FINANCED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post

I totally agree.. we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the THV... and are very excited about the pool upgrade.. we love SSR.. it is truly our "home"...
That is awesome! Your DW is going to flip out with her Christmas present. What a great gift!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #693
KerTggr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Book He Pays View Post
That's one thing I'm concerned with re: the DDP. You feel obligated to eat all of this food and if you don't use the points/credits you lose them. Since DH lost 60lbs. I'm worried about him putting a lot back on during vacation. Yes it's vacation and we both tend to eat/drink more but it's finding a balance. Trying to calculate this out is making me crazy.
We were concerned about the same things. It's one thing if you're going to eat at buffet/family style places like we have on previous trips. This upcoming time around we all have lost a decent amount of weight and my parents just don't eat as much anymore. Lots of places we can end up sharing. If we could make it so only 1/2 of us in the GV get the DDP we would, but not with ALL of us.

When we were evaluating what would be a better cost option for us I wrote down all the places we are planning to eat. I then looked up their menus online and averaged the cost of an appetizer, entree and drink with tax (Tip & TIW discount each other so just used this total). I then compared our total to what it would cost us to get the DDP. Turned out for us that even if we each got an app, entree & drink the DDP was more and we wouldn't have enough QS credits.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #694
I Book He Pays
I love Mickey Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerTggr View Post
We were concerned about the same things. It's one thing if you're going to eat at buffet/family style places like we have on previous trips. This upcoming time around we all have lost a decent amount of weight and my parents just don't eat as much anymore. Lots of places we can end up sharing. If we could make it so only 1/2 of us in the GV get the DDP we would, but not with ALL of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerTggr View Post

When we were evaluating what would be a better cost option for us I wrote down all the places we are planning to eat. I then looked up their menus online and averaged the cost of an appetizer, entrée and drink with tax (Tip & TIW discount each other so just used this total). I then compared our total to what it would cost us to get the DDP. Turned out for us that even if we each got an app, entrée & drink the DDP was more and we wouldn't have enough QS credits.

Congratulations to all of you on your weight loss! WTG!!!

I'm currently working on my handy dandy comparison spreadsheet (DDP vs. TIW) to see what would work better for us. (I'm doing everything that you did for your trip.) DH prefers the DDP where I prefer the TIW. If I had to eat all that food even with the standard DDP my system couldn't handle it. It's too much food for me.

Food question.... What category does the smoked turkey leg fall into? CS or Snack? Tradition for DH/I is to get a turkey leg at MK.

Thank you for your input, it's greatly appreciated!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:20 AM   #695
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I've calculated the same things out for our past two or three trips and the DDP never works out for us. That said, I like to cook in the room, we don't generally eat at QS locations and we usually split appetizers, entrees, and desserts between two of us at TS locations.

I'm glad that it is an option for some, but not one that we take advantage of.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 12-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #696
Coach81
DIS Veteran

For the first time in several trips, we are not using the DDP for our upcoming trip. We plan to visit just a few places, but mostly eat out of the room for breakfast, and just do CS most of the time. Who knows, maybe we'll even SAVE a few dollars doing it this way!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 12-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #697
I Book He Pays
I love Mickey Mouse!

franandaj:
Quote:
I've calculated the same things out for our past two or three trips and the DDP never works out for us. That said, I like to cook in the room, we don't generally eat at QS locations and we usually split appetizers, entrées, and desserts between two of us at TS locations.

I'm glad that it is an option for some, but not one that we take advantage of.

Just what I calculated so far we would save money on the DDP but I can't see me eating that much food. DH would be fine since his appetite is larger than mine. Having the villa is great since we can cook in the unit and I like that option. Eating as much/little as we want and will save us money. I'm still torn between the DDP, TIW and just going on our own and hoping for the best. Still have time to figure it out.

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #698
I Book He Pays
I love Mickey Mouse!

Coach81:
Quote:
For the first time in several trips, we are not using the DDP for our upcoming trip. We plan to visit just a few places, but mostly eat out of the room for breakfast, and just do CS most of the time. Who knows, maybe we'll even SAVE a few dollars doing it this way!

When you return I would appreciate your feedback on how things compare to eating on your own vs. DDP.

All of our past trips to WDW we ate on our own. We stayed at timeshares off the property so we had breakfast in our unit and made lunch to bring in to the parks. EPCOT we didn't bother bringing in food since there are plenty of restaurants to choose from so that was our treat. MK we brought in lunch and had a turkey leg late afternoon/early evening since we stayed until closing. It worked for us and saved us a lot of money.

This trip since we are staying on property, DH would like to do something different with either DDP or TIW. All depends if we'll get the second week on property via. timeshare exchange. Keeping fingers crossed.

I'm so confused and not sure what to do.

Good luck and thanks!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #699
tea pot
DIS Veteran

As the New Year is approaching I'm thinking that it's time to plan another family trip

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 12-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #700
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
As e w Year is approaching I'm thinking that it's time to plan another family trip
I have one currently booked at SSR! I hope to switch at 7 mos
but it will be plenty fine if I stay here too!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 12-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #701
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
So jealous. 32 degrees here and would so like to be in a THV right now.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 12-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #702
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Just returned from The World with a five day stay at SSR. We thought the Christmas decorations were somewhat reduced, but all was beautiful.

Spent time with Tea Pot and Mr. Pot, among others. Always a pleasure to share the excitement with friends.

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14][SSR 5/15][VWL 10/15][VWL 12/15]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 12-23-2010, 06:39 AM   #703
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Had a gentleman last evening tell me the virtues of Rocking Chairs and how he loves to give them away all year 'round to those that may benefit from them. I just smiled, nodded, and concurred. He finally said something like, "well, I guess you think I'm crazy". I just nodded and smiled again.

I hate to invite more to Rocking Chair Row. It's crowded as it is now!

And he never offered to give me one . . . . .

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14][SSR 5/15][VWL 10/15][VWL 12/15]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 12-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #704
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
Had a gentleman last evening tell me the virtues of Rocking Chairs and how he loves to give them away all year 'round to those that may benefit from them. I just smiled, nodded, and concurred. He finally said something like, "well, I guess you think I'm crazy". I just nodded and smiled again.

I hate to invite more to Rocking Chair Row. It's crowded as it is now!

And he never offered to give me one . . . . .
Speaking of rocking chairs...the other night my DH came into my office after a late work night and sat in my rocking chair and says..."This would be perfect if I were looking at night time DTD." Which gave me an idea of what I can give him for his birthday next week. I will take down the pictures on the wall and put up our DTD shots from CP. I'll just do it and see if he notices He misses SSR, even though we have our date nights at DLR and have scheduled our birthday dinner at Napa Rose, he misses that view.

Thanks for the idea and I have 3 rocking chairs at my house, I would send one your way but no one wants to give theirs up.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:34 PM   #705
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Are there fireworks this year at DTD? Hopefully, those at SSR (even the ones not in the rocking chairs) have a great view.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: