DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #31
tjhsr

DVC Member

Old 05-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #32
tjhsr

DVC Member

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #33
tjhsr

DVC Member

Old 05-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #34
tjhsr

DVC Member

Old 05-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #35
robertdangelo
DVC Member, WDC Stockholder

We just closed on a resale add-on at SSR. We look forward to staying there!

Visiting WDW since 1972... too many times to count!
Old 05-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #36
florep1
I believe in Magic!

Coming home in 2 1/2 weeks!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #37
EnchantedPlayroom
DIS Veteran

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. My DVC home is SSR, but I have never stayed there. DD and I will be going this December fo rour first trip together (her 1st trip, period) and I was wondering what is good for little ones around the resort. I honestly, was hoping for WL because of the proximity to the MK and because of the cute carriage rides around FW. DD LOVES horses, so that's a bonus at SSR. LOL. She is 3. Can someone please sell me on the idea of staying here with her?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:48 AM   #38
EnchantedPlayroom
DIS Veteran

Oh! And, can anyone tell me if DTD is decorated any kind of cute way for Christmas? Does anything cute and Christmasy happen there? I can't seem to remember. I am SO EXCITED to be visitibg the World during the holidays!!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #39
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedPlayroom View Post
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. My DVC home is SSR, but I have never stayed there. DD and I will be going this December fo rour first trip together (her 1st trip, period) and I was wondering what is good for little ones around the resort. I honestly, was hoping for WL because of the proximity to the MK and because of the cute carriage rides around FW. DD LOVES horses, so that's a bonus at SSR. LOL. She is 3. Can someone please sell me on the idea of staying here with her?
She is 3 so she will be happy just being at WDW but there is lot's for her to do. SSR has a far better pool for her age because of the zero entry and splash area providing the weather is decent and usually it is (last year was weird). The community hall has activities such as crafts everyday so take her their on your off days, they also have free dvd's. Take the boat over to DTD and do Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She will love it. Have her do it in the afternoon so she can participate in the princess parade where the little girls who have just been done up get to parade around DTD and wave to their subjects.

You are going during the best time of all. SSR is decorated beautifully but because it is large, it won't seem as saturated with decorations as some of the others. DTD is also decorated splendidly. The World of Disney store is just gorgeous for Christmas, even if you don't do BBB here, take her for a little shopping trip here. If you are doing the DDP, there is no better place to be as they have a wide selection of CS restaurants at DTD as well as TS so take her for a little lunch and shopping and photo ops which DTD has tons. Santa is also at DTD so take her to see him. We've stayed at SSR during Christmas and didn't even get a chance to do all the Christmas activities that they had. There are character meet 'n' greets with virtually no lines in the Carriage house everyday dressed in their holiday finery and they serve cider and cookies. We were able to meet minnie, pluto and Donald duck over the course of 2 days.

Here are some pics I found through the search option of SSR at Christmas. I believe these are Lak2w's pics (hope that's right).

Here are a couple of DTD.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #40
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Yay, the new thread is opened up!

Here are just a few of my own pics. We love SSR too.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #41
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

And here are a few more...

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #42
conciergekelly
DIS Veteran

Nice pictures! It makes me miss SSR. I haven't been there for a while. We have tried some of the other resorts the last few trips. I can't wait to try the THV! They look great!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #43
EnchantedPlayroom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have her do it in the afternoon so she can participate in the princess parade where the little girls who have just been done up get to parade around DTD and wave to their subjects.
OMG!! I would just die!!! How cute!!!!

Quote:
If you are doing the DDP, there is no better place to be as they have a wide selection of CS restaurants at DTD as well as TS so take her for a little lunch and shopping and photo ops which DTD has tons.
Excellent point, and thank you for that. I am doing the DDP, and I was looking at the SSR menus and not finding much that DD or I would eat. I was getting nervous. (I am pickier than a two year old)

Quote:
Santa is also at DTD so take her to see him.
Where can I find him there?? We LOVE Santa.

Quote:
There are character meet 'n' greets with virtually no lines in the Carriage house everyday dressed in their holiday finery and they serve cider and cookies. We were able to meet minnie, pluto and Donald duck over the course of 2 days.
I had NO idea that they did this. Thank you!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #44
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedPlayroom View Post
Where can I find him there?? We LOVE Santa.
Santa can be found on the side of World of Disney store where the Aurora and Sleeping beauty statues are, it's a really cute set-up. You also will be able to see him at SSR.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #45
tjhsr

DVC Member

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: