DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #2626
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Hi All,

Just a quick question. I have read the resort is rather spread out, do people rent golf carts to get around? When we stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins last year we notices a lot of campers used golf carts to get around and the resort even had dedicated parking for the golf carts.
We have one elderly person in our group that tires easily and i thought a golf cart rental might be an easy solution.

TIA and have a great weekend!
Melinda
Hmmm do they rent Golf carts at VWL or any resort that would be nice.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #2627
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

It's not that big a resort. I have two bad knees (hoping to get some nice new titanium soon) and I can walk anywhere in the resort with no problem.

If there is a bus when I go by a bus stop, I do take the bus if it goes where I am going.

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W
2014 Feb off site, May SSR, Dec SSR

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #2628
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom

No golf cart rentals that I have ever seen at SSR. You can jump on the bus & ride it around to the Springs section. All the theme park buses stop at Springs last. See the beginning of this thread for some great maps, as well as the bus route. The DTD bus runs the reverse route as I recall.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
The Dtd bus stops at congress park last.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 04-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #2629
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the quick replies! It great to know the buses are plenty and stop frequently!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #2630
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
The Dtd bus stops at congress park last.
Does that mean they pick up first? Anyone know how long it takes to go from SSR to the different parks.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #2631
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbound09

Does that mean they pick up first? Anyone know how long it takes to go from SSR to the different parks.
They pick up the springs first for Dtd and the grandstand for every other place.

Dtd vs the parks is not in reverse order at SSR.

Id guess like 10-15mins to the parks? It's not a long time and I don't think I've ever really timed it.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 04-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #2632
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Good morning everyone I asked this on the resorts board but got no response. We are heading home in november and would like to try a new area. We have always stayed in Congress Park but I was thinking of changing to the Paddock and requesting near the pool. Is this a good choice? If I request near the pool will we have a view of the lake and bridge? I think that area would be a lovely view. Bus transportation isn't an option since we use our own family car but our DGSs love using a pool and I spend alot of time on the balcony so a nice view would be terrific. Just wondering what would be the best way to word our request. And also do you think calling MS or emailing is the better choice in getting our requests met? Thanks so much for any help.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #2633
Dizznee Freak
Mouseketeer

When you do online check in you have the opportunity to select from several different combinations of rooms and views.

POLY 1997 ASMU 2003
POFQ 2005 Carib Beach 2007
POP 2007 SSR 2012 SSR 2014

Old 04-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #2634
DisneyFreaks

I've never done online check in. I wasn't aware you can choose rooms and views. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still wondering though if I request to be near the pool if we will have the lake/bridge view or if I should request that specifically. Are both of these options listed at the online check in page?
Old 04-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #2635
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaks View Post
I've never done online check in. I wasn't aware you can choose rooms and views. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still wondering though if I request to be near the pool if we will have the lake/bridge view or if I should request that specifically. Are both of these options listed at the online check in page?
Hi

I check in online and it doesn't ever appear to take requests of any type sadly. So we check in online anyway and then see what we have got when we get there. If we aren't happy we just go and ask to be moved.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 04-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #2636
Dizznee Freak
Mouseketeer

Yeah online check in is just another way to request a room or location. It is luck of the draw

POLY 1997 ASMU 2003
POFQ 2005 Carib Beach 2007
POP 2007 SSR 2012 SSR 2014

Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #2637
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

Online check-in offers very little for requests, altho for SSR it seems to offer the most, at least section and floor level. Other resorts were very limited for options, not even floor level. None had rooms or views (of the ones I'm visiting on upcoming trip). I haven't bothered with going through Member Services since I'm moving around a lot anyway.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #2638
DisneyFreaks

Thanks everyone. Not sure if I should wait to do online check in or not. I've heard emailing MS gives you a better chance of having a request met but we have always called. I know it's just luck of the draw but I wanted to make sure I was wording what I want in the right way. A view of the lake/bridge would be wonderful but we also want to be near the pool for the dgs. I was just wondering if one request takes in both of that.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #2639
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaks View Post
Thanks everyone. Not sure if I should wait to do online check in or not. I've heard emailing MS gives you a better chance of having a request met but we have always called. I know it's just luck of the draw but I wanted to make sure I was wording what I want in the right way. A view of the lake/bridge would be wonderful but we also want to be near the pool for the dgs. I was just wondering if one request takes in both of that.
Not necessarily. Although the majority of the balconies in the Paddock are on the sides of the buildings that face the water, the SSR buildings actually have balconies on 3 of the 4 sides. If a view of the lake and bridge is important to you, you should certainly add that as a request. You can have multiple requests. You just need to give them your requests in order of preference.

1) Paddock Section
2) View of the bridge
3) Near the pool

I always call MS with my requests.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #2640
DisneyFreaks

Thank you so much. That's exactly what I needed to know

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: