DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #2611
Figee17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
If you like a little quiet time to yourself in the mornings the paddock pool area can't be beat. I get up, get myself together and then head down to the pool to drink my coffee. It's super quiet, no one is there other than the CS people and it's nice to just sit back and relax. At Christmastime they were playing holiday music too so I could of sat there all morning if the kids would let me.
Thank you for the recommendation. I can't tell you the last time I had quiet time in the morning. With a 2 yo who rises early, that just doesn't happen, but I do love mornings and another person traveling in our party is also a morning person so that might work well for us. Thanks again!
The last time we were there, we were the first ones at both the Springs and the Paddock pools on the mornings we were there and we enjoyed the peace and quiet!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #2612
sianell
Earning My Ears

Hi all!

I'm looking forward to my first SSR stay this July and I was wondering if any of you could answer my question, do the handicapped rooms have power assisted doors? (As in, doors where you can press a button and it opens automatically?)

The beach club handicapped rooms have this so just checking SSR does too!

Any area of the resort you'd suggest with a wheelchair in mind?
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #2613
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianell View Post
Hi all!

I'm looking forward to my first SSR stay this July and I was wondering if any of you could answer my question, do the handicapped rooms have power assisted doors? (As in, doors where you can press a button and it opens automatically?)

The beach club handicapped rooms have this so just checking SSR does too!

Any area of the resort you'd suggest with a wheelchair in mind?
Hi. I have an accessible room at SSR and so far I have not had a power assisted door sadly. Just a wider one. The only one I had was on the Disney Dream which was great. I request the Grandstand because the accessible rooms ( if studio ? ) are very near the bus stop and pool which I found very useful. Also rooms were on the ground floor. You could ask if they have any with power assisted doors in case I have just been unlucky! I have studio with roll in shower.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 04-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #2614
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figee17 View Post
We just booked a cash stay at SSR for August. It is our home resort, but only stayed at the THV so far. We have been wanting to stay at the main part of the resort and with the discount this summer, I didn't want to pass it up (and since we bought to PAP, we HAVE to make good use of them, right??? LOL)
Anyways, we booked a 2 bedroom...will they just assign us a dedicated 2BR or lock-off depending on their availability or should I request one or the other? If so, what are the differences?
Also, I KNOW this has been answered before, but since I am posting, I figured I'd ask...which sections have been refurbished? Will they all be done by August?
TIA!!!
Dedicated or lock-off are booking categories, not requests. So if you've already booked your room, the type of room you'll be in is already assigned. When booking through Member Services, if the booking doesn't specifically say lock-off, it's a dedicated. I would assume that a CRO booking would work the same way.

A lock-off is a one-bedroom and a deluxe studio connected via a connecting door. At SSR, the connecting door is right at the front entrance, connecting the two hallways near the kitchen/kitchenette.

For most folks, the biggest difference between dedicated/lock-off are the beds. A dedicated two bedroom will have two queen-sized beds in the second bedroom. A lock-off will have a queen-sized bed and a full-sized pull-out couch in the studio.

With a lock-off you get an extra kitchenette, with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster. My parents love having this when we stay together. Mom likes to make her own coffee before getting herself "presentable" to come in and join us.

The studio has it's own private balcony in a lock-off.

Another consideration with a lock-off is that there's a second outside door in the studio. This can be a great thing if you have a group of night-owls in the room, because they can come directly into their room if they come in late. If you have kids, though, it can be a down side if you're worried about them wandering out of the room unnoticed if the connecting door is closed at night.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #2615
gobraves39560
Mouseketeer

We have 45 days till we check in for 8 nights. I am wondering about the internet connection there?? Is it reliable for college work?
Our 2010 vacation to the World.. Port Orleans with QSDP w/ lots of pics!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2484978

Old 04-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #2616
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobraves39560 View Post
We have 45 days till we check in for 8 nights. I am wondering about the internet connection there?? Is it reliable for college work?
It's as reliable as any of the Disney resorts. We've actually had pretty good experiences on our last two stays.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #2617
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

In our room (4th floor - Paddock), it was strong and we were able to stream Hulu and Netflix on our iPhones and iPad without issue.

30 seconds away at the Paddock Pool, we couldn't pick up a wifi signal at all.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #2618
sianell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Hi. I have an accessible room at SSR and so far I have not had a power assisted door sadly. Just a wider one. The only one I had was on the Disney Dream which was great. I request the Grandstand because the accessible rooms ( if studio ? ) are very near the bus stop and pool which I found very useful. Also rooms were on the ground floor. You could ask if they have any with power assisted doors in case I have just been unlucky! I have studio with roll in shower.
Thanks for the quick reply! I just rang disney and they confirmed that no rooms at SSR have power assisted doors. Never mind - just means my boyfriend can't get in or out the room by himself... So if I ever fancy a day by myself...
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #2619
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianell View Post

Thanks for the quick reply! I just rang disney and they confirmed that no rooms at SSR have power assisted doors. Never mind - just means my boyfriend can't get in or out the room by himself... So if I ever fancy a day by myself...
Yes I had this issue as the doors are heavy but the RFID does make it easier now as the door would click open as I swiped the card and I could sort of nudge it open with my wheels then push. Plus there were always quite a few helpful CM around who would rush to my assistance which I was impressed by. Not ideal I know. The cruise was bliss! I thought I had died and gone to heaven when the door opened automatically! Although DW getting dressed when door opened fully to a full corridor wasn't over impressed lol :-)
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 04-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #2620
Dizznee Freak
Mouseketeer

HI ALL!! I am subscribing to this thread. My family are both SSR lovers and owners so it is good to be around like minded people..lol
Old 04-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #2621
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

What time to the buses and boat shuttle start running to Downtown Disney in the mornings? If we have BBB appointments at 9:30am, can we rely on this transportation or should we take a cab (assuming our room isn't close enough to walk there)?
Old 04-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #2622
bnk1120
Forget filet and champagne. Give me chicken wings and beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
What time to the buses and boat shuttle start running to Downtown Disney in the mornings? If we have BBB appointments at 9:30am, can we rely on this transportation or should we take a cab (assuming our room isn't close enough to walk there)?
You will be able to get a bus to DTD. But the busses going back to resorts don't start until 11. Last week I was at DTD at 9 and had to take a bus to POFQ and then catch a bus to a park from there. I was trying to get back to AKL, so that was quite the long trip!

Counting down to February!

Aulani in August 2015
Old 04-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #2623
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk1120 View Post
You will be able to get a bus to DTD. But the busses going back to resorts don't start until 11. Last week I was at DTD at 9 and had to take a bus to POFQ and then catch a bus to a park from there. I was trying to get back to AKL, so that was quite the long trip!
thank you!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #2624
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Golf Carts

Hi All,

Just a quick question. I have read the resort is rather spread out, do people rent golf carts to get around? When we stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins last year we notices a lot of campers used golf carts to get around and the resort even had dedicated parking for the golf carts.
We have one elderly person in our group that tires easily and i thought a golf cart rental might be an easy solution.

TIA and have a great weekend!
Melinda
Old 04-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #2625
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Hi All,

Just a quick question. I have read the resort is rather spread out, do people rent golf carts to get around? When we stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins last year we notices a lot of campers used golf carts to get around and the resort even had dedicated parking for the golf carts.
We have one elderly person in our group that tires easily and i thought a golf cart rental might be an easy solution.

TIA and have a great weekend!
Melinda
No golf cart rentals that I have ever seen at SSR. You can jump on the bus & ride it around to the Springs section. All the theme park buses stop at Springs last. See the beginning of this thread for some great maps, as well as the bus route. The DTD bus runs the reverse route as I recall.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: