DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #2596
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizliz
Hi, we're planning our first visit to SSR (renting points from a friend) and I have a few questions:

1. The FAQ mentions that Congress Park is a long walk to the Carriage House, but on the map it looks like it's right next door. Is there a walking path that's a pretty direct route, or does it meander so much that it increases the distance? We like the idea of Congress Park for proximity to DTD but I do have mobility issues, so I wouldn't want a long "hike" to the main amenities.
2. Does the boat still only stop at Pleasure Island, or does it also go to Marketplace?
3. Is the sofabed in a 1 BR comfortable? Or just tolerable? We'll have 4 adults on the trip.
4. What kind of groceries are available at the AP shop? Has anyone compiled a price list?

Thanks so much in advance!
1) long walk is relative but it's definitely not right next door. I'd say 10 min walk? You have to walk on the sidewalks there so you don't go in an exact straight line plus the main house is the last building you come to, DVD sales center is what is next to congress park.
2) just pleasure island still but you can catch a water taxi to the marketplace stop right there at that dock
3) I've never used it but my kids don't complain about it
4) minimal groceries and I believe there is a price list available on the DVD website, maybe your friend could download it for you? They are pricey for what you get but cheaper than buying counter service meals.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 04-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #2597
mizliz
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the speedy reply!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #2598
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

Our rules for Congress Park. We walk to the Carriage House almost always. It's just not that far compared to all the walking we do in the parks. But, if there is a bus at the bus stop when we walk by, then we we can get on the bus for the short ride.

We also will get off the bus from the parks at the Grandstand, take the short walk up to the Carriage House to get refills on drinks and walk back to CP.

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
Old 04-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #2599
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

That sounds like a plan, Conan - thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #2600
Figee17
Mouseketeer

We just booked a cash stay at SSR for August. It is our home resort, but only stayed at the THV so far. We have been wanting to stay at the main part of the resort and with the discount this summer, I didn't want to pass it up (and since we bought to PAP, we HAVE to make good use of them, right??? LOL)
Anyways, we booked a 2 bedroom...will they just assign us a dedicated 2BR or lock-off depending on their availability or should I request one or the other? If so, what are the differences?
Also, I KNOW this has been answered before, but since I am posting, I figured I'd ask...which sections have been refurbished? Will they all be done by August?
TIA!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #2601
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figee17 View Post
We just booked a cash stay at SSR for August. It is our home resort, but only stayed at the THV so far. We have been wanting to stay at the main part of the resort and with the discount this summer, I didn't want to pass it up (and since we bought to PAP, we HAVE to make good use of them, right??? LOL)
Anyways, we booked a 2 bedroom...will they just assign us a dedicated 2BR or lock-off depending on their availability or should I request one or the other? If so, what are the differences?
Also, I KNOW this has been answered before, but since I am posting, I figured I'd ask...which sections have been refurbished? Will they all be done by August?
TIA!!!
Sorry to jump in , not answer your question and be so cheeky as to ask a question but..... How did you book it? We are dvc also and want to do this sometimes when points run dry. Did you book it through dvc member services but just pay cash? Was this cheaper than renting somebody else's points ( we do this usually ) . Tia have a magical time!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #2602
Figee17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Sorry to jump in , not answer your question and be so cheeky as to ask a question but..... How did you book it? We are dvc also and want to do this sometimes when points run dry. Did you book it through dvc member services but just pay cash? Was this cheaper than renting somebody else's points ( we do this usually ) . Tia have a magical time!
Hahaha, Not a problem! I booked online from the regular Disney site, taking advantage of the 30% summer sale. I haven't called DVC to see if their rate is any better but plan to. I doubt I will find anything better than 30% but I will call and ask. We also have PAP and my parents who will be traveling with us are Florida residents, so I will check out all of the options, but wanted to "lock in" the promo price while I could. I didn't look in to renting someone else's points. We already had a Hilton Vacation Club property booked on cash but I would obviously rather stay at SSR!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #2603
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:

Hahaha, Not a problem! I booked online from the regular Disney site, taking advantage of the 30% summer sale. I haven't called DVC to see if their rate is any better but plan to. I doubt I will find anything better than 30% but I will call and ask. We also have PAP and my parents who will be traveling with us are Florida residents, so I will check out all of the options, but wanted to "lock in" the promo price while I could. I didn't look in to renting someone else's points. We already had a Hilton Vacation Club property booked on cash but I would obviously rather stay at SSR!!!
Great thanks. 30% is a great deal I agree I would lock in that rate faster than I could get off the plane and into the Earl of Sandwich ( which we do in lightning speed ) . Earlier this year we booked ASM direct had a panic then booked our beloved DVC SSR. No disrespect to ASM but what were we thinking. We love our SSR! In May ( 27 days time ) we are really pushing ourselves to try something different and have 10 days at AKV. Will we come crawling back to SSR after one night begging for a last moment ressie? The jury is still out lol. SSR. Love that resort!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #2604
Figee17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great thanks. 30% is a great deal I agree I would lock in that rate faster than I could get off the plane and into the Earl of Sandwich ( which we do in lightning speed ) . Earlier this year we booked ASM direct had a panic then booked our beloved DVC SSR. No disrespect to ASM but what were we thinking. We love our SSR! In May ( 27 days time ) we are really pushing ourselves to try something different and have 10 days at AKV. Will we come crawling back to SSR after one night begging for a last moment ressie? The jury is still out lol. SSR. Love that resort!
We have an AoA Cars Suite booked for the last 3 nights of our stay, after SSR, so I am worried we are going to be let down after being at SSR for 5 nights before-hand. But, DS (2) is addicted to anything CARS, so I want to check it out. I'm hoping its so different that I don't try to "compare"...
Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #2605
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:

We have an AoA Cars Suite booked for the last 3 nights of our stay, after SSR, so I am worried we are going to be let down after being at SSR for 5 nights before-hand. But, DS (2) is addicted to anything CARS, so I want to check it out. I'm hoping its so different that I don't try to "compare"...
Yes that's a good way of thinking about it. Oddly enough before ASM we tried to get AoA ( actually looks really nice ) but they did not have any free accessible rooms left. At least with the suites you get a kitchen. I think it will be really nice actually. I would look forward to that.

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 04-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #2606
Figee17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes that's a good way of thinking about it. Oddly enough before ASM we tried to get AoA ( actually looks really nice ) but they did not have any free accessible rooms left. At least with the suites you get a kitchen. I think it will be really nice actually. I would look forward to that.
The only thing I am worried about is going from a 2BR to a 1BR. One member of our part (4 adults and 1 child) will be leaving after 1 night at AoA though so it should be fine. Plus, the theming for DS will make it worth it.
And actually it will be our first time in the main resort section of SSR (we been in THVs before) so we are looking forward to two new experiences in that trip!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #2607
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:

The only thing I am worried about is going from a 2BR to a 1BR. One member of our part (4 adults and 1 child) will be leaving after 1 night at AoA though so it should be fine. Plus, the theming for DS will make it worth it.
And actually it will be our first time in the main resort section of SSR (we been in THVs before) so we are looking forward to two new experiences in that trip!
The main section is lovely. I think but somebody else may confirm all refurb should be complete now. We like The Paddocks and The Grandstand best. the Paddock pool is nice as you have a wee one. Your DS will like that. The grandstand has a lovely pool but it's a bit quiet for kids I think. We aren't blessed with the tiny patter of little feet I am sad to say but if we were I would go for The Paddocks. It's not to far from The AP and that lovely pool which has the drinks fountain and serves light food. It's got a nice bus stop just by the pool.

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #2608
Figee17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The main section is lovely. I think but somebody else may confirm all refurb should be complete now. We like The Paddocks and The Grandstand best. the Paddock pool is nice as you have a wee one. Your DS will like that. The grandstand has a lovely pool but it's a bit quiet for kids I think. We aren't blessed with the tiny patter of little feet I am sad to say but if we were I would go for The Paddocks. It's not to far from The AP and that lovely pool which has the drinks fountain and serves light food. It's got a nice bus stop just by the pool.
Thanks! I hope the refurb is complete, should be by August, I would think.
We loved the Paddock pool when we there in the THV in February with our 2 year old and our neice and nephew (3 and 1). We liked it so much, we went there a few times from the treehouses! We don't mind walking and love the resort, but I plan to request either Paddock (close to awesome pool) or Springs (not far from Paddock Pool and very close to AP and main pool/activities). We can't wait!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #2609
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:

We loved the Paddock pool when we there in the THV in February with our 2 year old and our neice and nephew (3 and 1). We liked it so much, we went there a few times from the treehouses! We don't mind walking and love the resort, but I plan to request either Paddock (close to awesome pool) or Springs (not far from Paddock Pool and very close to AP and main pool/activities). We can't wait!
Oh I do hope you enjoy! The Springs is nice too but I need an accessible room and the one at the Paddocks is right by the bus stop :-)

The THV sound awesome! Me and DW always go round there and look in wonder. No point us two rattling around in one but must be nice! If the seven dwarfs are ever free I might ask if they want to co share lol. Have a great time! Hope you DS enjoys his Cars Suite. I know you would but take extra special care of that darling boy. I was so shocked and scared of what happened on the Fantasy. I just assumed Disney had lifeguards.

Enjoy!

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #2610
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you like a little quiet time to yourself in the mornings the paddock pool area can't be beat. I get up, get myself together and then head down to the pool to drink my coffee. It's super quiet, no one is there other than the CS people and it's nice to just sit back and relax. At Christmastime they were playing holiday music too so I could of sat there all morning if the kids would let me.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: