DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #2416
KLEONARD
WDWRunner

A large tree house for sale in my area. It used to be the offices of a financial planner (I think). I like the outdoor elevator on the back of the deck. It makes me think of the THVs at SSR every time I use the rails-to-trails.
It looks large enough to be a Tree House Grand Villa.

SSR owner since 2005.
KLEONARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #2417
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLEONARD
A large tree house for sale in my area. It used to be the offices of a financial planner (I think). I like the outdoor elevator on the back of the deck. It makes me think of the THVs at SSR every time I use the rails-to-trails.
Wow! That does look like a Tree House Grand Villa. How much is it? You could buy it and replicate SSR at home lol.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 2008, Saratoga The Springs 2009, Saratoga The Springs 2010, Saratoga The Paddocks 2011, Disney Dream 2011, Saratoga The Grandstand 2012, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL Kidani Village 2013, Saratoga 2013 , VWL 2013, Disney Dream 2013, ASMu 2014, Saratoga 2014, AKV 2014, BCV 2014, Disney Dream 2014, VGF 2014

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #2418
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLEONARD View Post
]
That is an awesome picture and would make a great vacation home. Are you going to buy it?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #2419
KLEONARD
WDWRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
That is an awesome picture and would make a great vacation home. Are you going to buy it?

Not sure what the owner is asking. It has been on the market for awhile.
I am thinking it is probably a zoning issue (non-residential/business only) or the asking price is still too high.
I think my wife and I will stay in our ranch and not worry about the elevator upkeep.

SSR owner since 2005.
KLEONARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #2420
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLEONARD View Post
Not sure what the owner is asking. It has been on the market for awhile.
I am thinking it is probably a zoning issue (non-residential/business only) or the asking price is still too high.
I think my wife and I will stay in our ranch and not worry about the elevator upkeep.
Yeah, maintenance fees are terrible.
I probably wouldn't go for the elevator upkeep either, but it is still a real cool house and thought to be living in a THV.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #2421
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Haven't received our email confirmation yet, but just finalized our October trip. We have bookend a cruise on the Dream with a stay at SSR before and BLT at the end. I am excited.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #2422
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy
Haven't received our email confirmation yet, but just finalized our October trip. We have bookend a cruise on the Dream with a stay at SSR before and BLT at the end. I am excited.
Nice best of all worlds on that one Norm
Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #2423
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Just home from a wonderful Christmas vacation that included five nights at my favorite resort. We arrived at the resort at about 9:30 am and asked to be in the Carousel. I guess one nice thing about that section, is that even at an hour and a half before checkout time, we were given our choice of four different studios that were already cleaned and ready to go.

We had a car, so it did soften the blow of being in the Carousel, but I'm afraid that, all things considered, I really do have to jump on the band wagon and vote this my least favorite section. We were in the second building, which made it seem even farther away from everything.

We came back from Downtown Disney on the boat, and I said, "It isn't as far as it seems on the map. Let's just walk back." Well, no, actually it is as far as it seems on the map.

Being in a studio, it was also an extra step to have to put the laundry in the car and drive it to one of the laundry rooms.

Several things to update in my SSR FAQ as a result of this trip...
  • Never realized it before, but the "carousel" in the carousel section is actually a community BBQ area with 2 grills and 2 picnic tables. I didn't have that on my map.
  • The laundry room at the Springs is larger than the laundry rooms in the Paddock, Grandstand, and Congress Park. It has 1 high-capacity washer, 3 standard washers, and 6 dryers. There are also two very large folding tables.
  • The order for the Downtown Disney bus is Springs -> Grandstand -> Carousel -> Paddock -> Congress Park.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #2424
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Nice best of all worlds on that one Norm
Thanks. You are completely a 100% SSR owner now. Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Just home from a wonderful Christmas vacation that included five nights at my favorite resort. We arrived at the resort at about 9:30 am and asked to be in the Carousel. I guess one nice thing about that section, is that even at an hour and a half before checkout time, we were given our choice of four different studios that were already cleaned and ready to go.]
Glad you had a great stay. I have to agree with you about the Carousel. If they would just make it a free, working carousel with RFID access, it would completely change that section of the resort. Or, charge less points, but neither seem likely.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #2425
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks. You are completely a 100% SSR owner now. Congrats.
Thanks Norm, I'm calling MS tomm and hopefully they will have me in the system, it'll be awhile but planning that 2014/15 NY/ DD birthday trip thinking of doing SSR THV and a split stay at WL , still have plenty plenty of time to prep for that one though
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #2426
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Thanks Norm, I'm calling MS tomm and hopefully they will have me in the system, it'll be awhile but planning that 2014/15 NY/ DD birthday trip thinking of doing SSR THV and a split stay at WL , still have plenty plenty of time to prep for that one though
I don't like split stays. That's what I am not looking forward to with this cruise/ WDW stay. I'll try to pack separately, other than hygeine stuff, as I don't want to pack & unpack.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #2427
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't like split stays. That's what I am not looking forward to with this cruise/ WDW stay. I'll try to pack separately, other than hygeine stuff, as I don't want to pack & unpack.
I'm not a big fan of split stays either but thinking about it due to WL during the holidays (might do a weekend trip next Christmas time and stay at WL so that'll ax the split in 2014 but can't wait for the 1st stay at SSR
Old 12-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #2428
Sorcerina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh when are you going? We do the same, SSR, Dream, but then HRH. Staying SSR 10/20-31, Dream 10/31-11/03

Been to WDW 1999, 2005, 2012 and 2014 and almost 53 times to DLP

My PTR for the upcoming trip
Sorcerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #2429
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerina View Post
Oh when are you going? We do the same, SSR, Dream, but then HRH. Staying SSR 10/20-31, Dream 10/31-11/03
We are going the first week in October. This is my first cruise ever.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #2430
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Just home from a wonderful Christmas vacation that included five nights at my favorite resort. We arrived at the resort at about 9:30 am and asked to be in the Carousel. I guess one nice thing about that section, is that even at an hour and a half before checkout time, we were given our choice of four different studios that were already cleaned and ready to go.

We had a car, so it did soften the blow of being in the Carousel, but I'm afraid that, all things considered, I really do have to jump on the band wagon and vote this my least favorite section. We were in the second building, which made it seem even farther away from everything.

We came back from Downtown Disney on the boat, and I said, "It isn't as far as it seems on the map. Let's just walk back." Well, no, actually it is as far as it seems on the map.

Being in a studio, it was also an extra step to have to put the laundry in the car and drive it to one of the laundry rooms.

Several things to update in my SSR FAQ as a result of this trip...
  • Never realized it before, but the "carousel" in the carousel section is actually a community BBQ area with 2 grills and 2 picnic tables. I didn't have that on my map.
  • The laundry room at the Springs is larger than the laundry rooms in the Paddock, Grandstand, and Congress Park. It has 1 high-capacity washer, 3 standard washers, and 6 dryers. There are also two very large folding tables.
  • The order for the Downtown Disney bus is Springs -> Grandstand -> Carousel -> Paddock -> Congress Park.
Glad to hear you had a great stay. When I stayed there in August (my first time) - I knew from my morning walks that the Carousel section is the most isolated one/furthest one and would make sure not to request it.

We are going in less than two weeks again and know that the spa will be closed - does anyone know if the fitness center/gym is separate and open and/or it will not be affected by the spa being closed. Did not check it out last time I was there. I am thinking the Spa is up and the fitness center is down on the main floor for some reason. I emailed MS and waiting for a response. TIA

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: