DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #2326
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheodore
Looking into buying at Saratoga Springs. Is there long lines for the buses since it has the most rooms available? If I were to try to book a treehouse villa 11 months out consistently would I have a problem? Appreciate any help with this thank you.
Hello. We have never had an issue with the buses and we have stayed in different blocks. I cannot comment on the villas as we have never tried. SSR in our view is a super resort. If I can help in any other way let me know.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 10-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #2327
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheodore View Post
Looking into buying at Saratoga Springs. Is there long lines for the buses since it has the most rooms available? If I were to try to book a treehouse villa 11 months out consistently would I have a problem? Appreciate any help with this thank you.
The times we have been, there were not long lines for buses. There were some buses that were filled once we left the last stop (Springs). As for THV, i don't know. But at 11 months, while there are limited numbers, that is one of the perks of ownning at SSR, able to book the THV that far out.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #2328
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheodore View Post
As others have said, lines for buses usually aren't bad at SSR. During very busy times of year, you may experience some standing-room-only buses at the Springs. This is typically only during the "rush hours" when everyone is heading to the parks at the same time.

Coming back from the parks, the longest I can remember every having to wait is for the 2nd bus, and that was right at park closing when all resort bus queues are crazy.

I've never had a problem getting a tree house at the 11-month point. With the changes to the point charts in 2013, it should be even easier to get one since they'll now be more points than a 2-bedroom and their popularity should go down a little.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #2329
KLEONARD
WDWRunner

CP fountain. Viewed from nature path at far end of CP.

SSR owner since 2005.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #2330
venny
Mouseketeer

Not sure if its been mentioned, but the new RFID door locks are being fitted throughout the resort. The new handles are not as ornate as the ones they replaced.

I'll post a few more details from our stay later.
2007 - Pop Century ; 2008 - Pop Century ; 2009 - Saratoga Springs; 2010 - Disney Magic in the Med (11 nights) and Saratoga Springs; 2011 - Disney Magic in the Med (7 nights) and DLP Hotel New York; 2012 - Saratoga Springs
Old 10-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #2331
disneykin
Earning My Ears

Thanks AirGoofy

AirGoofy, that pro/con report on the various parts of SSR was awesome!
We're in complete agreement about the Springs, which is where I ask to stay. My first visit to SSR as a DVC member had me at the Carousel, which was too far away from a pool or the Carriage House for my taste.
I may stay at Congress Park some day, just for a change of pace.
I love SSR, my home resort. While I sometimes stay elsewhere (I love Wilderness Lodge), SSR is "home."

To all: great photos! it was good to get a closer look at the tree houses.

DVC Member - Home Resort: Saratoga Springs.
Disney Cruise Line junkie.
Cruella DeVil is a deeply misunderstood woman!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #2332
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykin View Post
. My first visit to SSR as a DVC member had me at the Carousel,
Here forward, referred to as as "No Man's Land". I think without a request this is where you end up when you arrive late! Got the same building, not once but twice, facing the road and the guard gate!

Quote:
. I may stay at Congress Park some day, just for a change of pace.
Have requested and gotten Congress Park, DTD view 3 times now! We love, love, love this location and it's proximity to DTD!

Were I to end up in Carousel again, would it ruin my vacation, absolutely not! The resort is beautiful irregardless, and the Turf CLub is a very good resort restaurant worth trying!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 10-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #2333
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
AirGoofy, that pro/con report on the various parts of SSR was awesome!
We're in complete agreement about the Springs, which is where I ask to stay. My first visit to SSR as a DVC member had me at the Carousel, which was too far away from a pool or the Carriage House for my taste.
I may stay at Congress Park some day, just for a change of pace.
I love SSR, my home resort. While I sometimes stay elsewhere (I love Wilderness Lodge), SSR is "home."

To all: great photos! it was good to get a closer look at the tree houses.

The pro/con list was from Birds of Prey Dave. I was just lucky enough to add it to the first page so that people could get a basic overview of the resort.

I agree about carousel. if they converted that to a free working carousel, which required RFID tag from SSR members staying at Carousel to operate, that would be a big and cheap win for people in that section.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #2334
mdinme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Welcome home! Don't worry, we don't bite. And the good thing about DVC is that the resorts are guaranteed to never give you sea sickness.
I bite a little.

Me DW DS16 DD13
Offsite 07 & 09/Jan 10 Kidani/Aug 10 BW-BC/Aug 11 FQ/July 12 POR/Aug 13 BCV/Oct 13 BC-BW/Aug 14 BCV
Old 10-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #2335
MickeyFanIncognito
Earning My Ears

28 days and counting until our first home stay at SSR! I called MS yesterday to request the CP location thinking we might walk to DTD a time or two. Last year we drove to DTD on Black Friday, that was a mistake. We were told that CMs get discounts that night. I'm looking forward to exploring the resort, the new Fantasyland, and awesome dinning.
POFQ - November 2008; Wonder - December 2008
AKL - November 2009
BWI - November 2010
WL - November 2011
Old 10-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #2336
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFanIncognito View Post
28 days and counting until our first home stay at SSR! I called MS yesterday to request the CP location thinking we might walk to DTD a time or two. Last year we drove to DTD on Black Friday, that was a mistake. We were told that CMs get discounts that night. I'm looking forward to exploring the resort, the new Fantasyland, and awesome dinning.
Counting down those last few days is challenging. We just missed the new opening of Fantasyland, and will have to wait another year to see it. Have a great trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #2337
MickeyFanIncognito
Earning My Ears

@AirGoofy - Thank you.
POFQ - November 2008; Wonder - December 2008
AKL - November 2009
BWI - November 2010
WL - November 2011
Old 10-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #2338
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Just had our first stay *home* and we loved it. We were in THV 7018 and it was perfect. We did not encounter any bus issues though it does take a little longer to get around just because of where the THV are located. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #2339
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Just had our first stay *home* and we loved it. We were in THV 7018 and it was perfect. We did not encounter any bus issues though it does take a little longer to get around just because of where the THV are located. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
Sounds great. We have not done a THV - maybe one year. But, there are only the four of us, so we really don't need to space. It would be fun to stay there, though.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #2340
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Sounds great. We have not done a THV - maybe one year. But, there are only the four of us, so we really don't need to space. It would be fun to stay there, though.
It was so cool. We used the High Rocks pool at the Springs. The THV have a pool but we like a bar with our pool

Brought food out from Artist Palette which was terrific. We got two flatbreads and a chicken Caesar salad. They also accept the TiW card.

There is the cutest gentleman in the lobby who has a pin board and the kids made sure to visit him when possible and trade. He was there when we checked in so I'm glad we found him at the beginning of the trip.

My daughter made friends with the THV bus drivers so they'd drop us at our villa instead of the bus stop- super cool.

I couldn't be happier with our purchase at SSR and can't wait to stay in the regular section.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: