DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #2206
bksomody
Mouseketeer

This is out First time staying on property. I requested CP b/c it's close to DTD and I figured the kids (16-20) could walk over on their own. We also have dining plans at resort restaurants and thought we could have easy access to hotel restaurants via DTD busses. Is this a good plan? Also was wondering if the kids can use the quiet pool at CP or is it just for adults? And How far is CP to the main lobby, food courts, and other pools? Any thoughts would help. Beth
Old 09-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #2207
disneybride96
Yacht Club Gazebo- 11-2-96

SSR Owner and Lover here!
We have stayed in SSR Studio, 1 BR, 2BR & Grand Villa...Congress Park, Paddock & Grandstand.

Our trip next month will be our first stay in a Tree House Villa!

Any suggetions on what to request for a room? I asked for a water view, but I was just looking at a map and thought maybe "close to granstand" might be a way to go. We will have an extra car or two as people come and go throughout the week, so we will have to park someone at the main resort. Would love to hear any experiences!

Mutiple Trips- 1972-1995
The Weddings : Sister's Wedding...Wilderness Lodge Jan '96 Intimate Wedding....Yacht Club Nov '96

Boardwalk Grand Villa Upgrade, '98 Shades Of Green '99
The Cruises: Wonder- Jan '04, Magic w/ Antigua- Oct '04, Kin Folk Magic Cruise- Nov '05, Wonder- Jan '06
Won at trip to the Yacht Club- Jan '06
Then Came DVC: SSR - Sept '06, OKW Studio - Jan '07, OKW Grand Villa - Sept '07, AKV/BCV - Jan '08
Magic Halloween Double Dip Oct '08, SSR Pre-Christmas Dec '08,, Jan '09 BCV, Developer Points @ SSR - Sept '09,
BLT Homecoming- Dec '09,Wonder & BWV- Jan '10, HHI- Oct '10, Nephews to BLT- Jan '11, DISNEYLAND VGC- Oct '11
Dream/BLT - Nov '11, Princess Trip/Treehouse - Oct '12,
Super Storm Sandy Dream Cruise - Oct '12 , AKV/BCV -Jan '13 .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #2208
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybride96 View Post
We have stayed in SSR Studio, 1 BR, 2BR & Grand Villa...Congress Park, Paddock & Grandstand.

Any suggetions on what to request for a room? I asked for a water view, but I was just looking at a map and thought maybe "close to granstand" might be a way to go. We will have an extra car or two as people come and go throughout the week, so we will have to park someone at the main resort. Would love to hear any experiences!
We've stayed in the THV twice. Once, we were right next to the South bus stop. The second time, we were along the 2-way section of the road, not too far from the boat dock. Being near the South bus stop (and path to the Grandstand) was more convenient, but to be honest, the other location wasn't that bad. It was a slightly longer walk to the bus and the path, but not bad. I would not have wanted to be farther up into the North loop, though.

Rather than "close to Grandstand," I'd be more specific and say "waterfront villa close to South bus stop."
Old 09-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #2209
Blondie1973
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybride96 View Post

When next month? We'll be there in October as well and at the THV's!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #2210
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

Been awhile since I posted on this thread.

Still a Saratoga Springs Lover!!!

We have three trips to WDW in the next three months. We'll be staying at SSR for all three trips. For F&W, we have three studios....for three couples. In November, we have a studio for just a T&R getaway. In December, we are taking my Brother and Sister's Family for Christmas/NYE and have a Grand Villa and two studios.

Everyone is so looking forward to spending Christmas at Disney.

Where all of our dreams come true!

Old 09-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #2211
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post

We have three trips to WDW in the next three months. We'll be staying at SSR for all three trips. For F&W, we have three studios....for three couples. In November, we have a studio for just a T&R getaway. In December, we are taking my Brother and Sister's Family for Christmas/NYE and have a Grand Villa and two studios.

That is really cool. Never been to WDW for Christmas. Maybe one day. Enjoy your trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #2212
k-wa
Mouseketeer

Can someone point me in the direction of photos of the Paddock section, particularly pool and grill? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #2213
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-wa
Can someone point me in the direction of photos of the Paddock section, particularly pool and grill? Thanks in advance!
AllEars has a good photo gallery of the Paddock Pool & Grill. Here ya go: http://allears.net/acc/g_PaddockPool...gaSprings.html

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #2214
k-wa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
AllEars has a good photo gallery of the Paddock Pool & Grill. Here ya go: http://allears.net/acc/g_PaddockPool...gaSprings.html

Thank you!
Old 09-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #2215
tara98
Mouseketeer

Another question.. We are staying at SSR in November (in 54 days to be exact ). We have requested a room at the Paddock. Does anyone know if the coffee makers have been updated to K-cups, or are they still the old fashion brewers? I just want to know what to pack.. ( I need my coffee!) Thanks!!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #2216
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara98
Another question.. We are staying at SSR in November (in 54 days to be exact ). We have requested a room at the Paddock. Does anyone know if the coffee makers have been updated to K-cups, or are they still the old fashion brewers? I just want to know what to pack.. ( I need my coffee!) Thanks!!
I stayed in the Paddock section in May. It was the regular old brewer, Mr Coffee type coffee pot.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #2217
ScarletFire
DIS Veteran

I've been enjoying the "Show Me the Cupcakes" thread; wondering if SSR has any special cupcakes to offer. Please post pictures if you can.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #2218
tjhsr

DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post

Hi there its been a while . Hope all is well. We will be at SSR for the F&W 9 of us for this trip. 3 DGC going to MK for their first time too
Old 09-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #2219
Mokat76
DisKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
This is out First time staying on property. I requested CP b/c it's close to DTD and I figured the kids (16-20) could walk over on their own. We also have dining plans at resort restaurants and thought we could have easy access to hotel restaurants via DTD busses. Is this a good plan? Also was wondering if the kids can use the quiet pool at CP or is it just for adults? And How far is CP to the main lobby, food courts, and other pools? Any thoughts would help. Beth
Hi, Beth. Don't know if anyone answered your questions. If they did, ignore this, if not, I'll give it a try.

CP is easy walking distance to the main building (with the restaurants, gift shop) and pool. Less than five minutes if you stroll. I'm not sure about the other pool since I've not been there in a few years (I know, weird, right?).

DTD buses are a great idea for getting to the other hotels/resorts. I've done that myself. Allow yourself extra time if you have dinner reservations.

Unless they've changed the rules, kids can be at the quiet pool. It's only really designated quiet because it doesn't have the amenities the bigger pools have.

Here's a quick pointer for you since you're onto the DTD bus idea. If you're at Epcot for Illuminations, rather than herding to the front of the park afterwards, go out the back gate to Boardwalk or Beach Club resort. Catch a DTD bus there and you'll almost always be assured of seating. You can get off at DTD and stroll back to your CP room. You'll wait longer for the DTD bus and it stops at Swan and Dolphin on the way, but it's less stressful, IMHO. I haven't gone to the front of Epcot after Illuminations in years.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #2220
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,

Do they show movies at any of the pools?

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: