DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #2161
jjmm
Earning My Ears

At SSR now and due to construction at main entrance road the Springs is the 1st pick up and drop off. We are in the Grandstand- closest building to Springs- and it is perfect. Love the pool here since it is less busy than Springs but still a short walk if my daughter wants to go on the slide. Only downside is the refillable drink station at Grandstand is only open limited times-not past 6pm.

Recommend that people take boat back to hotel from Dowtown Disney if possible since the bus back took longer.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #2162
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmm
At SSR now and due to construction at main entrance road the Springs is the 1st pick up and drop off. We are in the Grandstand- closest building to Springs- and it is perfect. Love the pool here since it is less busy than Springs but still a short walk if my daughter wants to go on the slide. Only downside is the refillable drink station at Grandstand is only open limited times-not past 6pm.

Recommend that people take boat back to hotel from Dowtown Disney if possible since the bus back took longer.
Have you had an opportunity to see the new models available at SSR? I am so curious to see how they look. I was doing a DVC tour on July 28th but the updated rooms were not available. Just excited and curious.
Thanks
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #2163
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamodisney247

Have you had an opportunity to see the new models available at SSR? I am so curious to see how they look. I was doing a DVC tour on July 28th but the updated rooms were not available. Just excited and curious.
Thanks
How so you request a dvc tour?
Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #2164
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaming92701 View Post
How so you request a dvc tour?
Stop at any of the DVC kiosks in theme parks, Downtown Disney, or any Disney resort. Tell them you'd like to tour the model rooms and they'll send a van to pick you up and take you to the sales center at SSR.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #2165
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

We got back Monday night and had a great time. We were also in the Springs section as requested. Fourth floor, 4432 - had a view of the fireworks.

We had no car. DD and her friend did the parks. I did not do any parks on this trip - coming back in December. Relaxed by the pool all day - evening was DTD, Boardwalk, POR and BLT - TOW Lounge. No problems with busses. Did not take the boat once but walked to DTD once and back twice.

First time here. I was overwhelmed at first for sure. I for for 60/90 minutes walks each morning and by the third day - I realized that you are really not too far from anything, bus, pool, DTD, etc. There are definitely some areas that are more remote than others. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
Old 08-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #2166
Disjunky
New DVC Junkie

What fireworks can u see from. SSR.
DVC member

August 2001, August 2002, September 2003, August 2004, September 2005, August 2007, September 2008, January 2010, December 2011, October 2012
Old 08-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #2167
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

You can't see any fireworks from SSR

Old 08-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #2168
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disjunky View Post
What fireworks can u see from. SSR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec View Post
You can't see any fireworks from SSR
I don't know which park they were from - I said to my daughter MK? and she said - you know how far that is from here. I should have asked at the desk. Epcot? Fantasmic. It was 9 pm when I saw them twice.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
Old 08-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #2169
jjmm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamodisney247 View Post
Thanks
No I did not. Our room was not refurbished and we did not request to see one. I am sure they are really nice though!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #2170
nadiakim
Disney yesterday, today and forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaks View Post
I should probably know this but I guess my mind isn't working too quickly this morning. I just booked our november, 2012 trip for a 2 bedroom villa. My email conformation states a dedicated room although I did not request that. I know the dedicated villas do not have the studio kitchenettes but does this also mean there will be two beds instead of the bed and sofa combination the studio rooms have? Thanks
I am curious about the term dedicated because when I booked through MS they did not mention that term, I did specifically ask for No lock off rooms. I wanted a straight 2 bedroom not the 1bR +Studio combo as I have three small kids. BTW I will be down there in November as well!!

ME DH DD (8) DS (6) DD (3) 115 Days till Disney Vactaion
Old 08-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #2171
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiakim View Post
I am curious about the term dedicated because when I booked through MS they did not mention that term, I did specifically ask for No lock off rooms. I wanted a straight 2 bedroom not the 1bR +Studio combo as I have three small kids. BTW I will be down there in November as well!!
There are dedicated two-bedrooms (one integrated villa with a single front door) and lock-off two-bedrooms (a one-bedroom villa with a connecting door to a studio). By requesting "no lock off rooms" you essentially asked for a dedicated two-bedroom.

The confirmation may or may not have the actual word "dedicated." (The online booking site does not.) If it doesn't specifically say "Lock Off" it is a dedicated.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #2172
nadiakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
High Rock Spring Pool
Located at the Carriage House, and closest to the Springs Section
  • Lifeguard protected
  • Pool parties, games, and other activities throughout the day
  • Water slide
  • Kiddie slide
  • Two hot tubs
  • Small water play area for kids. (Has a statue of Donald Duck with a few sprinklers around it. Also a waterfall you can stand under.)
  • Zero entry pool
  • Hydraulic Lift
  • Full-service bar with drink refill station at pool
  • Artist's Palette QS Restraunt nearby, which also has a drink refill station
  • Laundry Room
  • Arcade
  • Community Hall
  • Fire Pit nearby (Marshmallow roasting in the evening)

Paddock Pool
Located in the Paddock Section
  • Lifeguard protected
  • Pool parties, games, and other activities throughout the day
  • Water slide
  • One hot tub
  • Water play area for kids that includes several small water slides
  • Zero entry pool
  • Hydraulic Lift
  • QS restaurant with drink refill station at pool (not a full service bar, but they do have some bottled alcoholic drinks available)
  • Laundry Room

Grandstand Pool
Located in the Grandstand Section
  • No Lifeguards - swim at your own risk
  • One hot tub
  • Water play area for kids themed on a race track. (Includes a "starting gate" that sprays water and several horse heads that can be used like water canons.)
  • Full service bar at the pool with drink refill station. (Limited pre-made food offerings like sandwiches and salads.)
  • Laundry Room
  • Community BBQ area

Congress Park Pool
Located in the Congress Park Section
  • One hot tub
  • Playground
  • Laundry Room
  • Community BBQ area

THV Pool
Located in the South loop of the Tree House Villa Section
  • One hot tub
Thanks for Posting this. Its super helpful. When we were in SSR last September it was our first time and we were right in front of the Grandstand pool. We loved it, nice and quiet, not busy and the kids toggled between the splash area and the pool. But I know how much they love water slides and so I am thinking with all the activities going on at the carriage house that we may spend more time there. Of course that all depends on how far away from it we are located.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #2173
nadiakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
There are dedicated two-bedrooms (one integrated villa with a single front door) and lock-off two-bedrooms (a one-bedroom villa with a connecting door to a studio). By requesting "no lock off rooms" you essentially asked for a dedicated two-bedroom.

The confirmation may or may not have the actual word "dedicated." (The online booking site does not.) If it doesn't specifically say "Lock Off" it is a dedicated.
Ahh, thanks for the explination. I'm still fairly new to this all.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #2174
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

We just returned from an awesome 5 day stay, we were in Paddock, a one-bedroom, on the 4th Floor. We were facing MK direction...and you absolutely can see Wishes. I was amazed, and thrilled. We could even see the "low" castle fireworks from our balcony. No sound, of course, but it was super magical all the same.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #2175
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Coffee maker

Some of the other resorts have Kerig type coffee makers with coffee pods. Has SSR been upgraded to this, or still standard drip coffee maker?

Thanks

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: