DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #2131
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I don't think I'd do the THVs for less than three or four nights. What else were you thinking of booking? or would it just be for a weekend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Same here. We did five nights when we stayed that was nice for me, but someone else in our party thought it was too remote. She likes browsing the gift shops on the way back from the parks or dinner.

I would also make sure that one of the afternoon/evenings you plan some BBQ grill time and adult beverages out on your patio.
Quote:
I haven't quite decided how many people I 'need' to take with me to justify a THV. Can't wait to stay in one, they look so nice and relaxing.
There would only be the four of us, so this is a complete over usage of points. Also, since we own at SSR, BWV, & BLT, I would either borrow SSR points or have to book at 7 months. I was thinking about offsetting the THV points with a studio at OKW for a few more days.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #2132
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
We are renting a car (great specials at Dollar.com when I clicked on City special.) I want to find the addresses for each parking area for the parks, the airport, and Sea World. Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can get this information? Thanks!
The addresses don't come up if you google them? Are you using a GPS? if so you should be able to put the destination right in and it'll find them.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #2133
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
There would only be the four of us, so this is a complete over usage of points. Also, since we own at SSR, BWV, & BLT, I would either borrow SSR points or have to book at 7 months. I was thinking about offsetting the THV points with a studio at OKW for a few more days.
I'm just thinking you'd be so unhappy leaving after one night because you'd want more. I thought they were quite hard to get at 7 months, might be better to borrow to gurantee it.

OKW looks like a lovely place, my first stay will be in December. Fabulous use of points as well.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 08-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #2134
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

Looking for expert SSR input. We usualy stay YC/BC but have an upcoming trip to SSR to mix it up a little.

We like to take a morning walk with coffee when at Disney. Assuming we started at the central shop area (with freshly acquired coffee in hand) any favorite routes for walking? At YC/BC we do the Boadwalk loop -- about a mile, but longer is fine too.

I realize this is harder since we do not know where our room is!
But we do not mind ending up where we started.

TIA!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #2135
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
Looking for expert SSR input. We usualy stay YC/BC but have an upcoming trip to SSR to mix it up a little.

We like to take a morning walk with coffee when at Disney. Assuming we started at the central shop area (with freshly acquired coffee in hand) any favorite routes for walking? At YC/BC we do the Boadwalk loop -- about a mile, but longer is fine too.

TIA!
The morning walk with his coffee mug is my DH's favorite thing to do at SSR. We usually request Congress Park and have gotten that request every time. So he starts out there and walks to Artist Palette to get his coffee (yes, I know there is a coffee maker in the room, but it's his thing he loves to do) From the Carriage House, he walks around the middle lake area until he is back at the High Rocks pool area. From there if he has time, he will walk to OKW and return through DTD. If he doesn't have time (which means I actually woke up early), he takes the path to DTD to the West side, walks through a deserted DTD (except for the other walkers and runners) to the marketplace and then returns to Congress Park on the path along the waterway. When my DDs and brothers come with us, they run almost 2 miles around SSR. There is a map that shows the different paths, also a website that shows the different paths for walker and runners. Here's a link to a suggested running path which stays in SSR. http://disneyrunning.com/joggingtrailss.html

If you take the walk early, my DH says you will see plenty of critters and enjoy the early morning sounds. Now he's asking me when our next WDW trip is!!

Last edited by kikiq; 08-03-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added link and made distance correction.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #2136
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, here's a question for you. What is the fewest number of days you would book a THV for? With one day, you're dependent on previous family check out time and Mousekeeping before checking in. But, I don't want to use all my points in one stay. Decisions.
Have you ever stayed in a THV before? If you're not sure you'll like them or not, I can see doing a night just to feel it out. The bedrooms are small, and the bunk beds can really throw you if your group doesn't have any kids to use that room. Some people just don't like them because of the isolated location or the fact that they're in a wooded wetland. ("Wooded wetland" sounds so much better than "swamp," but basically means the exact same thing.)

When's your trip? If you're looking to check off the box that you've stayed in a THV, 2012 is the time to do it. They're no longer the same great deal in 2013 when the point charts change. A SSR two-bedroom will be cheaper than a THV starting in January.

What's the alternative if you don't get the THV? Would you do a 2 bedroom or something smaller?

I personally fall into the points cheapskate category. When it's just the two of us, we're always in a studio. We save the points to get larger rooms when we have family along, so I probably wouldn't consider getting a THV even for a night if something smaller would allow my points to go farther. ( I once booked a one-bedroom for the two of us because we had some extra points to use. It literally kept me up that night, and I had to call first thing in the morning to change it to a studio. We did a second long-weekend trip that year to use the extra points.)
Old 08-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #2137
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

kikq -- excellent help. Thanks very much!! Deserted DTD and critters is exactly what we need. Perfect.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #2138
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Have you ever stayed in a THV before? If you're not sure you'll like them or not, I can see doing a night just to feel it out. The bedrooms are small, and the bunk beds can really throw you if your group doesn't have any kids to use that room. Some people just don't like them because of the isolated location or the fact that they're in a wooded wetland. ("Wooded wetland" sounds so much better than "swamp," but basically means the exact same thing.)

When's your trip? If you're looking to check off the box that you've stayed in a THV, 2012 is the time to do it. They're no longer the same great deal in 2013 when the point charts change. A SSR two-bedroom will be cheaper than a THV starting in January.

What's the alternative if you don't get the THV? Would you do a 2 bedroom or something smaller?

I personally fall into the points cheapskate category. When it's just the two of us, we're always in a studio. We save the points to get larger rooms when we have family along, so I probably wouldn't consider getting a THV even for a night if something smaller would allow my points to go farther. ( I once booked a one-bedroom for the two of us because we had some extra points to use. It literally kept me up that night, and I had to call first thing in the morning to change it to a studio. We did a second long-weekend trip that year to use the extra points.)
I've got the next 40+ years to get this trip in. We're at BLT this October. It is just the 4 of us, dds are 10 & 8 and even though they each have their own bedroom, one has bunk beds, and they share them from time to time. I like the swamp (I'm from KY) and we only do parks every other day at WDW.

Like you, I am points cheapskate. I try to just use my years allotment without borrowing. We are able to get two trips in each year. But, if I use them all for THV, then I'm at one trip for the year. I was thinking about doing a split stay there, maybe 2 or 3 nights with a couple other studio days at OKW. I know it's just an excessive amount of points that I don't need to use, but I think staying at a THV would be fun.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 08-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #2139
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've got the next 40+ years to get this trip in. We're at BLT this October. It is just the 4 of us, dds are 10 & 8 and even though they each have their own bedroom, one has bunk beds, and they share them from time to time. I like the swamp (I'm from KY) and we only do parks every other day at WDW.

Like you, I am points cheapskate. I try to just use my years allotment without borrowing. We are able to get two trips in each year. But, if I use them all for THV, then I'm at one trip for the year. I was thinking about doing a split stay there, maybe 2 or 3 nights with a couple other studio days at OKW. I know it's just an excessive amount of points that I don't need to use, but I think staying at a THV would be fun.
You could invite the in-laws. That would fill a few more beds and justify using the points. Everybody's happy... exept you, of course.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #2140
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
You could invite the in-laws. That would fill a few more beds and justify using the points. Everybody's happy... exept you, of course.
Yeah, that won't happen. I'd rather take friends and be happy, instead of my mooching in laws.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 08-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #2141
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Yeah, that won't happen. I'd rather take friends and be happy, instead of my mooching in laws.
Love it!!! That is too funny.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #2142
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Found a great app today for IPad. It is My Disney Experience. The map images are impressive, but it looks like you can also make dining reservations from the app. It links to your Disney account, but I couldn't figure out how to link my reservations, it has wait times, resort activities, etc.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 08-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #2143
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

kikiq thanks for the link/map. Will we get this at check-in? I usually go walking 5 miles in the morning a few times a week and would love to do this while at Saratoga.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #2144
DISNEYDUET
Will sing for Mickey Bars and Dole Whips! Oh and extra DVC points!

Hi gang!! We are heading down in October and I was wondering if the resort has tennis racquets to use at the resort. Really don't want to have to fool with bringing ours on the plane.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #2145
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
I haven't quite decided how many people I 'need' to take with me to justify a THV. Can't wait to stay in one, they look so nice and relaxing.
I would say as many as you want in the Master with you, and then depending on the adults in your party and if they have kids two. I'm not one for "packing the rooms". There are three bedrooms and one has a bunkbed so unless you have adults wanting to sleep in a bunkbed, I wouldn't bring more than enough to fill a bedroom. However, I know that people use the sleeper couch and chairs and fill the bedrooms. I'm just not into that much togetherness.

Quote:
I don't think that's wasting points at all. That's two people per bathroom, sounds reasonable to me. When we stayed it was just me and my DP and my parents. It was great amount of space. We used the spare bedroom to store scooters and empty suitcases. Perfect.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: