DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #2116
alwaysmagical
Earning My Ears

Because this is a huge thread, I decided to just post my question rather than implode my brain trying to read it all. I can't get over the SIZE of this resort! I'm afraid we'll end up out in the middle of nowhere. Can anyone tell me which buildings near the Carriage House have one bedroom villas in them? I know that requests are not guaranteed but I would like to try for a building as close to the center of the action as possible. Also, is the ferry the same one that will take you to OKW, POFQ and POR or is it on a separate line, in case we want to go to one of those resorts for lunch or something without going to DTD first?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #2117
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysmagical View Post
Because this is a huge thread, I decided to just post my question rather than implode my brain trying to read it all. I can't get over the SIZE of this resort! I'm afraid we'll end up out in the middle of nowhere. Can anyone tell me which buildings near the Carriage House have one bedroom villas in them? I know that requests are not guaranteed but I would like to try for a building as close to the center of the action as possible. Also, is the ferry the same one that will take you to OKW, POFQ and POR or is it on a separate line, in case we want to go to one of those resorts for lunch or something without going to DTD first?
Check out this post for my thoughts on the "which section is best" question and a map of the resort.

Every building at SSR has the same floor plan, so they all have one-bedrooms. The buildings in the Springs are closest to the Carriage House.

The boats from SSR use the same dock at Downtown Disney as the other resorts, but it's not all the same route. To get to OKW or Port Orleans by boat, you'd need to change boats at DTD.

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 07-28-2012 at 07:54 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #2118
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

We are renting a car (great specials at Dollar.com when I clicked on City special.) I want to find the addresses for each parking area for the parks, the airport, and Sea World. Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can get this information? Thanks!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #2119
alwaysmagical
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Check out this post for my thoughts on the "which section is best" question and a map of the resort.

Every building at SSR has the same floor plan, so they all have one-bedrooms. The buildings in the Springs are closest to the Carriage House.

The boats from SSR use the same dock at Downtown Disney as the other resorts, but it's not all the same route. To get to OKW or Port Orleans by boat, you'd need to change boats at DTD.
Wow, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks BirdsOfPreyDave!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #2120
jacksmommy
Mouseketeer

We are just under 2 months out from our first stay at SSR! We are excited but nervous as well with a new resort.

I am traveling with my family - DH, DS 6 and DD almost 3 at time of trip. My in-laws, low 60's and this is their third trip with us, they are in relatively good shape and my FIL is in fantastic shape.

I am reading through this thread and am a bit overwhelmed with which section I should request in SSR. Once I think I have it narrowed down I read more and get !

We have stayed at AKL twice (once in villas and once in Arusha/Jambo House) and last year we stayed at BLT. I felt like I could easily find which section best suited our needs there and we had great locations each time.

So we would like to be close to transportation, child-friendly pool and able to get food fairly quickly. We will have our car as we drive down from NC. We have never been to DTD but do have ressies there one evening. But I don't think that is overly critical.

Hit me with your suggestions please.

Thanks so much!!!

DH Me and DS Jack age 8 and our sweet Disney Souvenir Mary-Kate born 10/27/09

Trips to the World:
1983 offsite - just me
The fam's first trip and my 35th birthday celebration: Feb. 2009 AKL
Mary-Kate's first trip and our return to AKL with the inlaws! September 2010
Traveling with the in-laws again! BLT September 25-October 2, 2011 - our 7th Anniversary and MK's 2nd birthday!
3rd Trip w/In-Laws - SSR Sept. 22-29/2012
POR for Spring Break 4/1-4/5 2013 Sister and Cousins Trip!
SSR Christmas Time Trip 12/1-12/8/2014
40th Birthday & 1st SWW Trip 5/14-5/20/2014
Old 07-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #2121
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy View Post
We are just under 2 months out from our first stay at SSR! We are excited but nervous as well with a new resort.

I am traveling with my family - DH, DS 6 and DD almost 3 at time of trip. My in-laws, low 60's and this is their third trip with us, they are in relatively good shape and my FIL is in fantastic shape.

I am reading through this thread and am a bit overwhelmed with which section I should request in SSR. Once I think I have it narrowed down I read more and get !

We have stayed at AKL twice (once in villas and once in Arusha/Jambo House) and last year we stayed at BLT. I felt like I could easily find which section best suited our needs there and we had great locations each time.

So we would like to be close to transportation, child-friendly pool and able to get food fairly quickly. We will have our car as we drive down from NC. We have never been to DTD but do have ressies there one evening. But I don't think that is overly critical.

Hit me with your suggestions please.

Thanks so much!!!
Check out this post for my thoughts on the "which section is best" question.

There is a map of the resort as well as a run-down of pros & cons for each section of the resort. There's also a comparison of the different pools.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #2122
jacksmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Check out this post for my thoughts on the "which section is best" question.

There is a map of the resort as well as a run-down of pros & cons for each section of the resort. There's also a comparison of the different pools.
Thanks so much! I printed that out a few days ago and everything is just swimming around in my head.

Are they really strict with the 48 inch height restriction for the splash ground? I see that being a potential problem with my 6 year old, just at 48.5 inches. Can't really use the ride height restrictions with him as he doesn't ride much. LOL!

DH Me and DS Jack age 8 and our sweet Disney Souvenir Mary-Kate born 10/27/09

Trips to the World:
1983 offsite - just me
The fam's first trip and my 35th birthday celebration: Feb. 2009 AKL
Mary-Kate's first trip and our return to AKL with the inlaws! September 2010
Traveling with the in-laws again! BLT September 25-October 2, 2011 - our 7th Anniversary and MK's 2nd birthday!
3rd Trip w/In-Laws - SSR Sept. 22-29/2012
POR for Spring Break 4/1-4/5 2013 Sister and Cousins Trip!
SSR Christmas Time Trip 12/1-12/8/2014
40th Birthday & 1st SWW Trip 5/14-5/20/2014
Old 07-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #2123
mykidslovesdisney
DIS Veteran

ARe there elevators for every building?? we usually stay at OKW and there are only a few buildings with elevators. We don't mind the hike up the stairs (3rd floor is my favorite).

15 days till check in!! our first stay at SSR!!
2000-CSR, 2002 All Star Sports
2005, 2006, Old Key West, 2007 OKW as DVC mbrs
2008 -OKW- thanks TS faye for extending our stay!!
2009- AKV 8/5-8/13, 2010- OKW 8/11-8/20
2011- AKV 8/2-8/12 2012-SSR 8/15-8/23
2013-POR-R 7/27-8/4 and AKV-Kidani 8/4-8/9
2014 AKV-Kidani 7/28-8/8
My Disney loving kids- Matt-24, Jordan 15, Sam 13, Belle 11 & William 7

Belle said "Quick mom stop the car, Get on that bus!!"
Mom " Why do we need to get on that bus?"
Belle "Because it is going to Disney World"
Old 07-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #2124
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Yes there are elevators in each building.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #2125
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy View Post
Are they really strict with the 48 inch height restriction for the splash ground? I see that being a potential problem with my 6 year old, just at 48.5 inches. Can't really use the ride height restrictions with him as he doesn't ride much. LOL!
They weren't when I was there in May. But if older/larger children was bothering or endangering the preschool / toddler set the lifeguards would intervene (if asked.) There is a difference in kids playing with their younger sibs with their parents watching and a group of unsupervised preteens taking over the slide from the babies.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #2126
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, two days without a post in the SSR thread. I'm going through withdrawl!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #2127
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Oh my gosh, two days without a post in the SSR thread. I'm going through withdrawl!
So, here's a question for you. What is the fewest number of days you would book a THV for? With one day, you're dependent on previous family check out time and Mousekeeping before checking in. But, I don't want to use all my points in one stay. Decisions.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #2128
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
So, here's a question for you. What is the fewest number of days you would book a THV for? With one day, you're dependent on previous family check out time and Mousekeeping before checking in. But, I don't want to use all my points in one stay. Decisions.
I don't think I'd do the THVs for less than three or four nights. What else were you thinking of booking? or would it just be for a weekend?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 08-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #2129
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I don't think I'd do the THVs for less than three or four nights. What else were you thinking of booking? or would it just be for a weekend?
Same here. We did five nights when we stayed that was nice for me, but someone else in our party thought it was too remote. She likes browsing the gift shops on the way back from the parks or dinner.

I would also make sure that one of the afternoon/evenings you plan some BBQ grill time and adult beverages out on your patio.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #2130
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Same here. We did five nights when we stayed that was nice for me, but someone else in our party thought it was too remote. She likes browsing the gift shops on the way back from the parks or dinner.

I would also make sure that one of the afternoon/evenings you plan some BBQ grill time and adult beverages out on your patio.
I haven't quite decided how many people I 'need' to take with me to justify a THV. Can't wait to stay in one, they look so nice and relaxing.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: