DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #2041
marinadca
Earning My Ears

Hi all

I am going to be staying at SSR in late October on rented points (using David's). I am a bit nervous about it, but apparently it's done often so I am just paranoid.

I did have one question - it seems I do not want to be in the Carousel. Is there upside to this area I am not getting? My real question though, is how can I make a request for a specific area? Do I ask the owner to make the request now or I do I do it during the 10 days ahead check in?

Thanks for you insight

Old 07-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #2042
portsofcall
Proud Iraqi War Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinadca View Post
Hi all

I am going to be staying at SSR in late October on rented points (using David's). I am a bit nervous about it, but apparently it's done often so I am just paranoid.

I did have one question - it seems I do not want to be in the Carousel. Is there upside to this area I am not getting? My real question though, is how can I make a request for a specific area? Do I ask the owner to make the request now or I do I do it during the 10 days ahead check in?

Thanks for you insight
We just returned and these are my observations with 2 boys traveling with us. The Carousel section would have been more convenient for us since our pre-teen boys enjoyed the breakfast, pool area and activities. We were at Congress Park because it was closest to DTD, but the stop there as with any other stop was disorganized, people were waiting for the bus and others would show up and cut in front when the bus showed up that we ended up hopping on a different bus for a different park. We adapted, however at the carousel, Disney had an attendant keeping track, thus more orderly.

*The Alamo/Riverwalk Nov 2009*Disney Sea/Land Combo Sept 2009*Georgia/South Carolina,U.S. History Tour Labor Day Weekend 2009*Land 1 week- Missouri, U.S. History Tour July 2009
*NCL Gem Europe June 2009*Land 1 week U.S. History Tour, Kentucky/Ohio, May 2009*NCL Jade West-East Mediterranean Dec 2008*Carnival Elation Cabo San Lucas Aug 2008*NCL Star Alaska June 2008
*Land 8 days Maui & Oahu Dec 2007*Land 2 weeks Oahu & Big Island July 2007*NCL Star Mexican Riviera January 2007*Carnival Paradise Ensenada April 2006*Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera December 2005
*RCCL Monarch Ensenada December 2004*Land 2 weeks East Coast & Canada June 2004*Land 1 week Argentina June 2004*Carnival Ensenada December 2003*Carnival Ensenada November 2002
*Land 1 week Disneyworld July 1999*Land 2 weeks East Coast January 1999*Land 1 week Oahu & Maui 1998*RCCL Monarch Ensenada July 1996

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #2043
portsofcall
Proud Iraqi War Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinadca View Post
Hi all

Thanks for you insight
We just returned and these are my observations with 2 boys traveling with us. The Carousel section would have been more convenient for us since our pre-teen boys enjoyed the breakfast, pool area and activities. We were at Congress Park because it was closest to DTD, but the stop there as with any other stop was disorganized, people were waiting for the bus and others would show up and cut in front when the bus showed up that we ended up hopping on a different bus for a different park. We adapted, however at the carousel, Disney had an attendant keeping track, thus more orderly.

*The Alamo/Riverwalk Nov 2009*Disney Sea/Land Combo Sept 2009*Georgia/South Carolina,U.S. History Tour Labor Day Weekend 2009*Land 1 week- Missouri, U.S. History Tour July 2009
*NCL Gem Europe June 2009*Land 1 week U.S. History Tour, Kentucky/Ohio, May 2009*NCL Jade West-East Mediterranean Dec 2008*Carnival Elation Cabo San Lucas Aug 2008*NCL Star Alaska June 2008
*Land 8 days Maui & Oahu Dec 2007*Land 2 weeks Oahu & Big Island July 2007*NCL Star Mexican Riviera January 2007*Carnival Paradise Ensenada April 2006*Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera December 2005
*RCCL Monarch Ensenada December 2004*Land 2 weeks East Coast & Canada June 2004*Land 1 week Argentina June 2004*Carnival Ensenada December 2003*Carnival Ensenada November 2002
*Land 1 week Disneyworld July 1999*Land 2 weeks East Coast January 1999*Land 1 week Oahu & Maui 1998*RCCL Monarch Ensenada July 1996

Old 07-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #2044
Figee17
Mouseketeer

I am sorry, but I was unable to read through all 137 pages, I am sure someone has answered my question already. DH and I bought into DVC at SSR last year on our trip and we are SO excited to be staying there for hte first time in February 2013. We will be there with a total of 8 adults and 3 kids (3 and under) in 2 treehouse villas. I am geting a little bit confused as to what each pool has to offer. I think there are 4 (?) pools and I don't know which ones have what stuff (splash area, playground, dining options, refillable mug station) Can anyone answer my question or direct me to a previous post that answers it. Thanks.
PS - we are planning on spending a decent amount of time enjoying the resort (we go into the parks at least 2x per year and DH is not a huge park fan, but a big resort fan) and we will have cars.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #2045
edk35
DIS Veteran

New pool?

What are people's thoughts on the new pool/counter service in the Paddocks section? We are staying at SSR starting on the 20th and I have not requested a section. We really like Grand Stand because it is close to the Carriage House, main pool and the bus picks up first and drops first. Does anyone know where in the route the Paddocks are picked up? I can't remember. Thanks

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 07-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #2046
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figee17 View Post
I am sorry, but I was unable to read through all 137 pages, I am sure someone has answered my question already. DH and I bought into DVC at SSR last year on our trip and we are SO excited to be staying there for hte first time in February 2013. We will be there with a total of 8 adults and 3 kids (3 and under) in 2 treehouse villas. I am geting a little bit confused as to what each pool has to offer. I think there are 4 (?) pools and I don't know which ones have what stuff (splash area, playground, dining options, refillable mug station) Can anyone answer my question or direct me to a previous post that answers it. Thanks.
PS - we are planning on spending a decent amount of time enjoying the resort (we go into the parks at least 2x per year and DH is not a huge park fan, but a big resort fan) and we will have cars.
Congratulations on buying DVC! I can't sing its praises enough.

The pool at the THVs is a quiet pool, no slide. Congress Park's is the same but with a playground nearby. The Springs has the main pool, High Rock Spring, which has a nice big slide. You can fill your mugs at the Artist's Palette which is right next to the main pool. I don't know much about the pool at the Grandstand, but there is one there. And the Paddock just had a revamp and now has a slide and playground nearby. I think you might be able to refill your mugs at the Paddock since there's a food area, but I'm not certain about that.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #2047
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Quote:
The below link will show you pictures of the resort and the pools:
http://allears.net/acc/g_ss.htm

The Grandstand has a water play area, pool with a pool bar. The Springs has the main pool with large slide, kiddie slide, zero entry and water splash area. It is near the main building close to table service and quick service dining. Congress Park and THV have quiet pools, and Congress Park has a playground next to its pool. The Paddock has the new pool that is zero entry, has a slide, water play area for the kids and quick service dining.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #2048
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

We will be at SSR for Xmas this year. Does the resort do anything special during this time? We will be there the 24th-28th.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #2049
tjhsr

DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
What are people's thoughts on the new pool/counter service in the Paddocks section? We are staying at SSR starting on the 20th and I have not requested a section. We really like Grand Stand because it is close to the Carriage House, main pool and the bus picks up first and drops first. Does anyone know where in the route the Paddocks are picked up? I can't remember. Thanks
The pool is a really nice but not having tables around it doesn't work to well for us. Like to sit up once in awhile and not be sitting on top of the people next to you. The food choises are good. Kids pool area is real good. The bus stop is third. I'm with you on the Grandstand section we have stayed there the last 3 visits.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #2050
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

We were at the Paddock Pool in May. We sat at a table with four chairs and an umbrella. I didn't count them so I don't know how many they have.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #2051
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post

My kids 11 & 8 love the new pool! We were in Congress Park so it was a little bit of a hike, but we didn't mind. The slide is fun and during the days when they have all of the activities the kids had a blast. They want to stay at SSR everytimewe go. Kind of makes me sad that we are staying at BWV's in December. My kids don't want to stay there, but they don't even know we are going so I don't have to hear about it for the next 5 months!

Old 07-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #2052
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am geting a little bit confused as to what each pool has to offer. I think there are 4 (?) pools and I don't know which ones have what stuff (splash area, playground, dining options, refillable mug station)
High Rock Spring Pool
Located at the Carriage House, and closest to the Springs Section
  • Lifeguard protected
  • Pool parties, games, and other activities throughout the day
  • Water slide
  • Kiddie slide
  • Two hot tubs
  • Small water play area for kids. (Has a statue of Donald Duck with a few sprinklers around it. Also a waterfall you can stand under.)
  • Zero entry pool
  • Hydraulic Lift
  • Full-service bar with drink refill station at pool
  • Artist's Palette QS Restraunt nearby, which also has a drink refill station
  • Laundry Room
  • Arcade
  • Community Hall
  • Fire Pit nearby (Marshmallow roasting in the evening)

Paddock Pool
Located in the Paddock Section
  • Lifeguard protected
  • Pool parties, games, and other activities throughout the day
  • Water slide
  • One hot tub
  • Water play area for kids that includes several small water slides
  • Zero entry pool
  • Hydraulic Lift
  • QS restaurant with drink refill station at pool (not a full service bar, but they do have some bottled alcoholic drinks available)
  • Laundry Room

Grandstand Pool
Located in the Grandstand Section
  • No Lifeguards - swim at your own risk
  • One hot tub
  • Water play area for kids themed on a race track. (Includes a "starting gate" that sprays water and several horse heads that can be used like water canons.)
  • Full service bar at the pool with drink refill station. (Limited pre-made food offerings like sandwiches and salads.)
  • Laundry Room
  • Community BBQ area

Congress Park Pool
Located in the Congress Park Section
  • One hot tub
  • Playground
  • Laundry Room
  • Community BBQ area

THV Pool
Located in the South loop of the Tree House Villa Section
  • One hot tub

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 07-10-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #2053
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Wow Dave, Fantastic and useful!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #2054
Figee17
Mouseketeer

thank you so much for the helpful replies about pools, just what I was looking for!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 07-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #2055
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer

what foods are available at the store?

I assume there is a small store with some grocery items at SSR?

We are looking to make breakfast in our villa each day and I need to decide if garden grocer, etc. would be a wise choice. I'd like to get a loaf of bread, gallon of milk, orange juice, a dozen eggs and some cheese, etc.

Can I find most of these items there? How are the prices?

Any other advice? We've never been to SSR before, or prepared our own breakfasts.

Thanks!
Aug. 2012 - Saratoga Springs
March 2013 - Pop Century
July 2013 - DCL - Wonder to Alaska
February 2014 - runDisney marathon weekend
July 2014 - Saratoga Springs
October 2014 - runDisney ToT!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: