DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #1906
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
The bridge is the white line that runs across the lake, just above the words Paddock and Springs.

I can't think of a gazebo at SSR, other than the one in the Carousel that's decorated to look like a carousel. Is that the one you mean? If so, it's roughly under the "o" in the word Carousel.
I didn't like staying in the carousel section. If the carousel had actually been a working carousel,then that section would be a whole lot better.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 05-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #1907
tjhsr

DVC Member

We both had great prime rib dinners at The Turf Club tonite then over to DTD for ice cream !!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #1908
eaj1228
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhsr View Post
We had two great prime rib dinners at The Turf Club tonite then over to DTD for ice cream !!!
Sounds like a wonderful evening. So jealous.
Disneyland 1994 Disneyland Hotel**Disneyland 1999 Best Western Anaheim Inn**WDW 2007 Best Western Lakeside**Disney World 2008 Best Western Lakeside**Disneyland April 2009 BWPPI***WDW February 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter**Disneyland October 2010 BWPPI**
*WDW November 2011 BCV and SSR** WDW October 2012 AKL Kidani and SSR** Disneyland October 2013 Anaheim Fairfield Inn** WDW November 2014 Old Key West
Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #1909
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhsr View Post
We both had great prime rib dinners at The Turf Club tonite then over to DTD for ice cream !!!
Really like their prime rib. IMO, I think it was most underrated steak on property. Where was dessert? Ghirardelli or Haagen-Dazs.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #1910
LoveMickey
Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of the Disney Wonder!

Yum - we have dinner reservations there next Wednesday - I may just have the prime rib.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #1911
LoveMickey
Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of the Disney Wonder!

Air Goofy.

How are the Love Bugs at SSR? Does anyone know if they would be worse in the THV area?

We're checking in at THV next Wednesday.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #1912
Lucia_27
Mouseketeer

Bus Question

We are staying at SSR for the first time in June, as our home resort of OKW was booked by the time we closed on our purchase. So excited to try a new place!

I have a question about getting around the resort - we will have a car, but my DH will take it to go play golf on two mornings. DD and I will hit the pools while he's gone. I know that at OKW you can take the buses to get to the main pool - does SSR have a similar set up? I'm thinking we are going to request Paddock or Grandstand area, and would like to "pool hop" within SSR once or twice. We can walk, but in truth, DD wants to take a bus (because she's never been on one.)

Thanks so much!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #1913
wdwdano@yahoo.com
Theme Park Commando

Wish I could say the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Really like their prime rib. IMO, I think it was most underrated steak on property. Where was dessert? Ghirardelli or Haagen-Dazs.
The last time we went to the Turf Club the experience was of a different caliper. Prime rib was really tough and rubbery. The service was meh, and the restaurant was a wreck. Our server seemed to leave for a very long period of time. Glad you got to enjoy the prime rib.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #1914
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Great Maps Dave!!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 05-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #1915
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia_27 View Post
We are staying at SSR for the first time in June, as our home resort of OKW was booked by the time we closed on our purchase. So excited to try a new place!

I have a question about getting around the resort - we will have a car, but my DH will take it to go play golf on two mornings. DD and I will hit the pools while he's gone. I know that at OKW you can take the buses to get to the main pool - does SSR have a similar set up? I'm thinking we are going to request Paddock or Grandstand area, and would like to "pool hop" within SSR once or twice. We can walk, but in truth, DD wants to take a bus (because she's never been on one.)

Thanks so much!
If you go back a few threads you'll see the listed order of the theme park bus stops.... The downtown disney bus goes in reverse order.... use those to help plan your pool visits! Also, refer to Dave's new maps!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #1916
Lucia_27
Mouseketeer

Thank you!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #1917
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know that at OKW you can take the buses to get to the main pool - does SSR have a similar set up? I'm thinking we are going to request Paddock or Grandstand area, and would like to "pool hop" within SSR once or twice. We can walk, but in truth, DD wants to take a bus (because she's never been on one.)
Any theme park bus will take you to the Springs section. The main pool is right across the street from that bus stop. Catch the Downtown Disney bus from the Springs to return to your section of the resort.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #1918
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickey View Post
Air Goofy.

How are the Love Bugs at SSR? Does anyone know if they would be worse in the THV area?

I only wish I was in SSR to give you a report, but alas, am not. However, I have a friend staying over at AKL and he said the love bugs are bad right now. I hope they don't find there way over to the THV.

Quote:

Thanks so much!
I think the others have given you the route, but in case, the theme park buses go Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, and Springs. DTD goes in reverse. Have a great trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwdano@yahoo.com View Post
The last time we went to the Turf Club the experience was of a different caliper. Prime rib was really tough and rubbery. The service was meh, and the restaurant was a wreck. Our server seemed to leave for a very long period of time. Glad you got to enjoy the prime rib.
Sorry to hear that. We really like that Turf Club and recommend it. Plus, we like the boat ride to DTD for dessert. Sorry you had a bad meal.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #1919
tjhsr

DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Ghiradelli's

Also the service was very good last night at The Turf Club.

Last edited by tjhsr; 05-10-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #1920
tjhsr

DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickey View Post
Air Goofy.

We are in The Grandstand section and they are starting to show up. We noticed a few last week but today we really started to see more of them at the pool.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: