DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #1546
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowe@massed.net View Post
I've read elsewhere that as of last weekend, wi-fi is available at SSR!
What about at the THV's?

Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #1547
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Dont know about the thv, but we aren a gv in Congress Park and we have wi-fi and its wonderful! Faster than the router we brought as back up.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #1548
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

WiFi - WooooHoooo! Now I can get my company E-Mails even faster on vacation!

Don't get me wrong here - I do appreciate the WiFi; I just thought I would comment about how it will affect my vacation time before my DW does . . . .

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 10-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #1549
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
What about at the THV's?
I'll be in a THV over Halloween's weekend. If no one reports back before then, I will!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #1550
BlakeNJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
WiFi - WooooHoooo! Now I can get my company E-Mails even faster on vacation!

Don't get me wrong here - I do appreciate the WiFi; I just thought I would comment about how it will affect my vacation time before my DW does . . . .
My husband would love that
Old 10-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #1551
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Your THV trip is so close Bobbi!! How many of you are staying in one? I'm so afraid to book it...I'm afraid we'd feel crowded.
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 10-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #1552
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Your THV trip is so close Bobbi!! How many of you are staying in one? I'm so afraid to book it...I'm afraid we'd feel crowded.
We've done 7 adults before. My poor sister and her husband drew the short straw for the bunk beds. My nephew got the couch.

It was intimate, but I wouldn't say we were overly crowded. One thing that did annoy me at times was there aren't enough seats in the living room. I was not comfortable sitting on the dining room table benches (I need a back on a chair), so I'd often retreat to the bedroom.

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 10-20-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #1553
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I get to book my first trip home in 28 days!!! Staying 12 nights at SSR/THV and can't decide how to break it up....I'm thinking 7 in a 2 bedroom then 5 in a THV. There will be 6 of us total.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 10-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #1554
LoveMickey
Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of the Disney Wonder!

We are doing 8 adults next May in THV. Luckily it is only a couple of days before and after our Fantasy cruise.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #1555
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Well we are back from our SSR Grand Villa stay and I can say for sure that it will be our last time staying in a grand villa. Don't get me wrong I loved the space, but I actually think it was too big for the 7 of us. I felt more at home home than Disney home. I am really glad that we did it though for the experience. We were in Congress Park with a great view out our big 2-story window of trees! The unit was showing some wear. On our departure day I called in to tell them that the track for our sliding glass door was broken making it very difficult to open and close the door (ironically the same thing just happened to us at home so we were very familiar with the problem). There was a huge drywall crack around the dining room window that definitely needed repair. You couldn't see it if you kept the sheers closed so we did just that. We also had the dryers lint catch replaced after cleaning it and cutting myself twice on the broken screen. Oh and 2 light bulbs were out. All of this stuff is really no big deal, and I am not complaining at all. Just things that I noticed, especially the door and couldn't believe that someone hadn't reported it before us. The guy that came to give us the light bulbs also checked the door and said that the carpenter was going to have to come in an rip everything out, but he was on vacation so it wouldn't happen this week.

I have never had to call Maintanence before to report any problems with our villa so this was new to me, but when I called they seemed to be very appreciative that I called. Oh and they were very prompt which I wasn't expecting at all. I figured they would have waited until they checked out.

The Paddock pool was awesome! You can really move on that slide if you launch yourself at the top. The kids and I had so much fun. The kids party was great. Absolutely no complaints.

The CP quiet pool was the warmest of the bunch especially at night when it was cool. Although during the day it was warm too!

We didn't eat at AP or the TC. They did shut down the boats one night due to the wind. The staff at the Community Hall was great as usual.

All around we had no complaints! We love SSR. Next year the kids want a break and for me to try and get into BCV. I am going to be a little sad though that we may not be at SSR.

One thing to add, the hike from the building we were in at CP was a little long, but do-able.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #1556
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Just home from a 2 week stay at SSR and we LOVED it.

Our room was in The Grandstand No 8123 , 30 second walk to the bus stop, 2 minute walk to the nearest pool and 5/7 minute walk to CP and the main pool.
The room was the best we have stayed in on site,loved having the coffee machine and a fridge for soda for DS.
We only ate breakfast at AP but it was good and never crowded.

The boat ride to DTD was ok but we actually really liked the walk.
DS loved standing on the bridge and waving to guests and captains on the boats.

We will really try and stay there again, beautiful, relaxing resort.

Oh and the staff, especially Nick at the luggage stand thing were wonderful.

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
Old 10-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #1557
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec View Post
Well we are back from our SSR Grand Villa stay and I can say for sure that it will be our last time staying in a grand villa. Don't get me wrong I loved the space, but I actually think it was too big for the 7 of us. I felt more at home home than Disney home. I am really glad that we did it though for the experience. We were in Congress Park with a great view out our big 2-story window of trees! The unit was showing some wear. On our departure day I called in to tell them that the track for our sliding glass door was broken making it very difficult to open and close the door (ironically the same thing just happened to us at home so we were very familiar with the problem). There was a huge drywall crack around the dining room window that definitely needed repair. You couldn't see it if you kept the sheers closed so we did just that. We also had the dryers lint catch replaced after cleaning it and cutting myself twice on the broken screen. Oh and 2 light bulbs were out. All of this stuff is really no big deal, and I am not complaining at all. Just things that I noticed, especially the door and couldn't believe that someone hadn't reported it before us. The guy that came to give us the light bulbs also checked the door and said that the carpenter was going to have to come in an rip everything out, but he was on vacation so it wouldn't happen this week.

I have never had to call Maintanence before to report any problems with our villa so this was new to me, but when I called they seemed to be very appreciative that I called. Oh and they were very prompt which I wasn't expecting at all. I figured they would have waited until they checked out.

The Paddock pool was awesome! You can really move on that slide if you launch yourself at the top. The kids and I had so much fun. The kids party was great. Absolutely no complaints.

The CP quiet pool was the warmest of the bunch especially at night when it was cool. Although during the day it was warm too!

We didn't eat at AP or the TC. They did shut down the boats one night due to the wind. The staff at the Community Hall was great as usual.

All around we had no complaints! We love SSR. Next year the kids want a break and for me to try and get into BCV. I am going to be a little sad though that we may not be at SSR.

One thing to add, the hike from the building we were in at CP was a little long, but do-able.
Oh...I just assumed that a GV in CP would have a great view of DTD! I love that view of DTD from the CP pool. Oh well. I'm glad you had such a great time. Thanks for your thoughts about how large the GV seemed. When we bring the DGC's family with us, there are 7 of us, and I was thinking of splurging on a GV one of these days. This coming weekend, there will be 8 of us in a THV. DSis is joining us, she wanted to experience a THV. I have to think some more about a GV, thank you for your report.

Bobbi

Old 10-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #1558
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
There are 8 of us...including 3 DGC. We have a DGC who likes the comfort of a pack and play even though she is beyond the age where one would think. The 3 DGC therefore stay in the bunk bed room, and love to be together for the night. They've stayed in a THV once before.

Then DH and I have the master bedroom, DS/DDiL have the other bedroom and DSis will have either the pull out sofa or the sleeper chair. If the smallest DGC decides she doesn't want the pack and play, the other sleeper will be for her, and she'll share that living room with my DSis.

I, DSis and DSon love trailer or cabin camping, and the THV come as close to that experience as DH and DDiL care to try. So, it's a compromise. The DGC love the feeling of being in the woods and yet being at Disney.

We are going to have a cookout...finally...having one at DVC has been on my bucket list, and I've been promised that this trip will see it happen!

Bobbi

Old 10-24-2011, 06:13 AM   #1559
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec View Post
. . . . . . . . We love SSR. Next year the kids want a break and for me to try and get into BCV. I am going to be a little sad though that we may not be at SSR.
. . . . . .
When we stay elsewhere, we always take time to visit SSR; to stroll through the lobby, catch the gift shop, sit on the rockers outside of AP. We love so many places in The World that we tend to do this with all of our Home resorts. SSR was our first home and hold some nice memories of family.

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 10-24-2011, 06:34 AM   #1560
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
There are 8 of us...including 3 DGC. We have a DGC who likes the comfort of a pack and play even though she is beyond the age where one would think. The 3 DGC therefore stay in the bunk bed room, and love to be together for the night. They've stayed in a THV once before.

Then DH and I have the master bedroom, DS/DDiL have the other bedroom and DSis will have either the pull out sofa or the sleeper chair. If the smallest DGC decides she doesn't want the pack and play, the other sleeper will be for her, and she'll share that living room with my DSis.

I, DSis and DSon love trailer or cabin camping, and the THV come as close to that experience as DH and DDiL care to try. So, it's a compromise. The DGC love the feeling of being in the woods and yet being at Disney.

We are going to have a cookout...finally...having one at DVC has been on my bucket list, and I've been promised that this trip will see it happen!

Bobbi
Have a great trip! THV's are our favorite villa!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: