DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #1516
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeann32 View Post
Thank You!
SSR looks so peaceful and romantic for adults, that's why we chose it
I kept going back and forth between SSR & BWV, but I think SSR will be perfect.

How was the weather in January? We're hoping to be able to swim a few days.
We were there Jan. 22- 26th earlier this year. The weather was between pleasant with a hoodie on to down right FREEZING cold in my winter coat and gloves! There was one morning I tried to skip my coat and just wear my jacket and what a mistake. I was frigid! We did swim though!!! We had a nice ground floor room in Congress Park so we'd go out on our patio..tip toe through the landscaping and run for the pool/hot tub! The pool was nicely heated and the hot tub was heaven sent! It was our first ever winter time visit and it really through me for a loop lol. I'm so used to sweating in the heat...that to shiver in the cold felt weird!

It doesn't appear it in this pic..but I was FREEZING! The stone wall must have been 20 degrees!

This is how I kept warm that morning...

Followed by a trip back to SSR to warm up!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #1517
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

OK, silly question from a non-DVC'er (cash booking). Tomorrow's my 10 day mark and I can do online check-in. But should I? Would I be more likely to get my request (Grandstand or Springs) if I didn't? I really don't care about DTD view, I just want to be close to a pool and the main building. I'm arriving at MCO at 9:30, so it should be an early check-in.

Thoughts?
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #1518
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

While I am a DVC'er I am not a fan of online check-in. It seems to be more problematic then good. I don't think online check-in has any baring on your room request, though
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #1519
tinkerbell2u
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeandmel View Post
Please let me know. I'm going to book it in December for nov 2012 trip. Also can you please let me know how far disney transportation is from the THV. And any positive or negitive things about it. Thanks Joe and have a good trip.
Had a great time at Disney(Sept 24-Oct 1 )! We stayed in #7033 , we were 2 mins from the bus stop and about 4 mins from the ferry walking. The pool was in walking distance not even 5 mins away. I did request to be as close to the CH as possiable and I did have to wait a couple of hours for it to be cleand ,but I was very happy with where they put us ! THV buses came every 10 mins. I did time them just in case anyone was interested. We were right next to the bridge. We used the THV buses and then got off at the GS and took the park buses from there. From our THV the walk to the CH was about 10 mins. The lighting along the paths was well lit. We did use the grill and it was cleaned out the very next day. I don't know how many stops there are because we seemed to be the last one. From our stop it went right to the GS. They have a smoking out post right at the bottom of the stairs. I would have to say maybe the only negitive thing about the THV is how far apart the bus stops are. I don't even know how many there are in the THV area. We never took them back, we always got off at the GS and walked. It was a great vacation! The Paddock pool is nice, great for the kids. I myself liked the fact that there was hardley anyone at the THV pool. If you have the chance to stay at one of the THV,do it !!! You won't be sorry !!!..

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by tinkerbell2u; 10-05-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: adding photo
Old 10-06-2011, 05:45 AM   #1520
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

tinkerbell2u - Great report - THANKS!

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #1521
snykymom

Next silly questions (I'm only a week out! ) -

1) Where are the data ports for the internet in a 1 BR? Are the cords long enough to reach the balcony, or should I just bring my 6 foot data cord? DH will need to do some work while we're there and I want him to be as comfy as possible!

2) If I buy MNSSHP tickets for Will Call, can I pick them up at SSR or do I need to go to a ticket booth?

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #1522
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell2u View Post
Had a great time at Disney(Sept 24-Oct 1 )! We stayed in #7033 , we were 2 mins from the bus stop and about 4 mins from the ferry walking. The pool was in walking distance not even 5 mins away. I did request to be as close to the CH as possiable and I did have to wait a couple of hours for it to be cleand ,but I was very happy with where they put us ! THV buses came every 10 mins. I did time them just in case anyone was interested. We were right next to the bridge. We used the THV buses and then got off at the GS and took the park buses from there. From our THV the walk to the CH was about 10 mins. The lighting along the paths was well lit. We did use the grill and it was cleaned out the very next day. I don't know how many stops there are because we seemed to be the last one. From our stop it went right to the GS. They have a smoking out post right at the bottom of the stairs. I would have to say maybe the only negitive thing about the THV is how far apart the bus stops are. I don't even know how many there are in the THV area. We never took them back, we always got off at the GS and walked. It was a great vacation! The Paddock pool is nice, great for the kids. I myself liked the fact that there was hardley anyone at the THV pool. If you have the chance to stay at one of the THV,do it !!! You won't be sorry !!!..

[IMG][/IMG]
Oh...this is wonderful to read and see. We're staying at at THV later in the month, and DS has promised to do a cook out for us!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #1523
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
OK, silly question from a non-DVC'er (cash booking). Tomorrow's my 10 day mark and I can do online check-in. But should I? Would I be more likely to get my request (Grandstand or Springs) if I didn't? I really don't care about DTD view, I just want to be close to a pool and the main building. I'm arriving at MCO at 9:30, so it should be an early check-in.

Thoughts?
Did you do it? I think we are checking in on the same day - 16th? I just don't know about on line check in though. It seems to be hit or miss ar to whether its a good thing. We Brent getting there until 3ish so I don't think there will be a line to contend with.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #1524
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Next silly questions (I'm only a week out! ) -

1) Where are the data ports for the internet in a 1 BR? Are the cords long enough to reach the balcony, or should I just bring my 6 foot data cord? DH will need to do some work while we're there and I want him to be as comfy as possible!

2) If I buy MNSSHP tickets for Will Call, can I pick them up at SSR or do I need to go to a ticket booth?

Thanks!
For some reason, DVC has the data port in most 1-bedroom units in the bedroom. The provided cord is just a short patch cable. If you want to be able to move around, you'll want to bring a longer one of your own. The other option is to pick up an inexpensive Wi-Fi router. If your laptop supports Wi-Fi, that will give you the option to use the computer anywhere in or near your villa.

2. Yes, you can pick up will-call tickets at the SSR concierge desk.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #1525
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

Hi all!!!

Missed you!!!

Just got back from a quick weekend stay at SSR. Our unit was in the building to the left of the new Paddock pool.

We love the new pool, the kids water play area, the quick service and the slide!

Where all of our dreams come true!

Old 10-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #1526
snykymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec View Post
Did you do it? I think we are checking in on the same day - 16th? I just don't know about on line check in though. It seems to be hit or miss ar to whether its a good thing. We Brent getting there until 3ish so I don't think there will be a line to contend with.
No, I decided to take my chances. I really don't want Carousel or Congress Park, so I want to have the most possible flexibility. And since my d doesn't arrive until an hour after I do, I don't mind standing in a line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
For some reason, DVC has the data port in most 1-bedroom units in the bedroom. The provided cord is just a short patch cable. If you want to be able to move around, you'll want to bring a longer one of your own. The other option is to pick up an inexpensive Wi-Fi router. If your laptop supports Wi-Fi, that will give you the option to use the computer anywhere in or near your villa.

2. Yes, you can pick up will-call tickets at the SSR concierge desk.
Thanks. I think I'll just go with the longer cord (and an extension cord!) rather than try to lug a router on the plane.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #1527
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I think I'll just go with the longer cord (and an extension cord!) rather than try to lug a router on the plane.
I understand. (I'm spoiled by having my entire laptop and router setup in my Owner's Locker. All I carry back and forth is a small disk drive with the photos we took during the trip.)

Food for thought, though: there are compact models made to be carried in your laptop case. This one is $40.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #1528
snykymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
I understand. (I'm spoiled by having my entire laptop and router setup in my Owner's Locker. All I carry back and forth is a small disk drive with the photos we took during the trip.)

Food for thought, though: there are compact models made to be carried in your laptop case. This one is $40.

Thanks - I'll check out Best Buy and Radio Shack today and see if that makes more sense! Then I'll be able to use wifi on my phone as well! Of course, Disney's pretty much the only place I'd need it, so I don't know if it's worth it. I'm not DVC, so no Owner's Locker for me.

Now for stupid question number 2,387: Is there a corkscrew in the 1 bedrooms, or should I pack one in my checked luggage? How about a bottle opener for beer bottles?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #1529
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now for stupid question number 2,387: Is there a corkscrew in the 1 bedrooms....
Yes

Where all of our dreams come true!

Old 10-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #1530
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

To those who have stayed in a THV AND a GV at SSR. Did you think the extra points for the GV were worth it? There are 8 of us when we stay at a THV, 3 children and 5 adults. We use all of the bedding, and we really enjoy the atmosphere, being "in the woods." However, we really do enjoy staying in a BC at VB. Maybe once, should we splurge on a GV. This would be for a short stay, 2-3 nights, including weekend. DS has moved to Florida, so staying over weekends is possible, no air fare for them, and without them, DH or whomever I'm with can get smaller accomodations for that part of our stay.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: