Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #91
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oooh, cool picture of the one animal with the twisted horns! I don't think we ever saw one of those!

Do you see the hidden Mickey in the giraffe in the rocks? (it's right above your mom's head, actually!).
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 05-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #92
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Jiko looks AMAZING! I'm hungry just looking at your pics!

Love the picture of you and your mom....you both look so nice!

Naked guy??? Can't wait to hear this one...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #93
floridascgirl
DIS Veteran

We will be returning to AKL for our 3rd visit in February. We haven't tried Jiko yet, but it's on my list. I'm so glad that you and your mom had a yummy dinner.

A naked guy? This could be good or very, very bad.

Many trips as a child! 2005 Thanksgiving Wilderness Lodge2008 Jan. Wilderness Lodge
2009 Jan/Feb Animal Kingdom Lodge2009 Dec. Animal Kingdom Lodge2010 July Boardwalk Inn2011 Feb. Animal Kingdom Lodge2012 Nov. Pop Century

Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #94
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Wow! You got really good food pictures! I like them better without flash. It could look washed out with the flash.

Love the pic of you and your "momsicles"!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 05-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #95
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post

Up Next: OMG! That guy was naked!
Need me to find a picture to accompany the update?

Or do you have one already?
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #96
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Great start...you and your Mom are beautiful!!!! So sorry you got off to a rocky start but sounds like it's on the up and up! CSR looks beautiful!! The room was soooooo pretty! Can't wait to hear more!! And so glad to hear that your insurance situation was sooo easy for you!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #97
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
First, I'm glad your insurance situation was so easy!!

I'm still bummed we just missed each other at the pool that afternoon but the next day made up for it

I of course had the filet at our Jiko meal and it was SO good!! That sauce was divine, I loved sopping it up with the mac and cheese. I was too full to finish the steak and barely had room to eat dessert but I took your recommendation
That was our first Disney meal so I had still had lots of room (you know how as your trip goes along you really don't even feel like eating but the food is so good that you do??). Also, I hadn't eaten much of my lunch I was so hungry! I ate every bite - can you say oink????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Your meal at Jiko looks delicious! After a not-so-great start (with the heat and crowds) to your trip, I'm glad you finished that evening on a positive note.

I'm not sure I want to know what that cliffhanger is about!
Once we actually got settled at the pool, the rest of the day was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
First of all you and your mom looked fabulous!! Loved that picture of you guys in the mirror!!!

Jiko looks so yummy! I so want to eat there! It is on the ADR list for October, I can't wait~
Thanks - I took that picture like 3 times, I just couldn't get it right - finally I gave up and went with the best of the 3!

You'll love Jiko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Oooh, cool picture of the one animal with the twisted horns! I don't think we ever saw one of those!

Do you see the hidden Mickey in the giraffe in the rocks? (it's right above your mom's head, actually!).
I thought that animal was really cool too, not sure I've seen one before either.

I had to go back and look for the Mickey, I never noticed it before, but saw it easily after you mentioned it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Jiko looks AMAZING! I'm hungry just looking at your pics!

Love the picture of you and your mom....you both look so nice!

Naked guy??? Can't wait to hear this one...
Jiko was really good!

I'll get to the story about the naked guy soon.....
Old 05-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #98
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post

I'll get to the story about the naked guy soon.....
I hope so...you have an audience dying to hear this story.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #99
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridascgirl View Post
We will be returning to AKL for our 3rd visit in February. We haven't tried Jiko yet, but it's on my list. I'm so glad that you and your mom had a yummy dinner.

A naked guy? This could be good or very, very bad.
AKL is so pretty - I will stay there one day!

He wasn't bad looking..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Wow! You got really good food pictures! I like them better without flash. It could look washed out with the flash.

Love the pic of you and your "momsicles"!
I just set my ISO at 1600 and hoped for the best with the food pictures, most of them throughout the week turned out pretty good.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
Need me to find a picture to accompany the update?

Or do you have one already?
NO! I definitely did NOT take a picture

Just remember Shocker, if you go looking for a picture - this is a family board.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Great start...you and your Mom are beautiful!!!! So sorry you got off to a rocky start but sounds like it's on the up and up! CSR looks beautiful!! The room was soooooo pretty! Can't wait to hear more!! And so glad to hear that your insurance situation was sooo easy for you!
Thanks Kristen, that's very sweet of you to say!

CSR was nice, since I couldn't stay at a Boardwalk hotel like I wanted to, this was the next best thing. We didn't regret our choice at all!

I was surprised that dealing with the insurance company went to easily. Of course, we haven't actually fixed anything yet - it may not be so easy if something runs higher than their estimate.......
Old 05-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #100
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I hope so...you have an audience dying to hear this story.
Probably tomorrow..........
Old 05-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #101
Janny
Earning My Ears

Smile janny

I have to thank all of you for giving me so many recent hours of such fun reading your trip itineraries. I've enjoyed the pictures and spent time having such good laughs at the witty descriptions of each and every trip.....I had to sign on tonite to tell you all. As this is my maiden post, I will try to learn the tricks of the trade on how to post pictures etc. and make mine eventually as fun to read.
We haven't vacationed in a very long time as one of our daughters is comatosed and cannot travel. It will be 6 years in June that the little angel lapsed into a coma after a 106.8 fever that caused imminent seizures brought upon by encephalitis. Most probably from an insect bite. Source never was fully determined. Our 2 other children have been such troopers to have sacrificed vacations due to our situation. June 28th though, we are GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!! Our little one will be in the capable hands of my parents.....could only leave her with my mom who is also a Registered Nurse as am I.....She requires full time around the clock nursing care. I am a wreck about boarding a plane and leaving her behind, but our 2 other kids really deserve this trip. 4 nights at the Beach club.....10 years ago we stayed at the port orleans, but we decided this trip on a place closer to Epcot. DH insisted on the dining plan....don't know how we'll ever pay off this credit card, but God will provide. It is time for us to make some happy memories. Thank you all again for posting, as I am learning MANY great tips. Happy reading and everyone have a great Spring & Summer!! God bless!!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #102
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Sorry the pool was so crowded-- and GROSS about the nachos. How can they not strain their meat??
Mmmm, I've never had a desire to eat at Jiko, but those filets look delish!! I also love that last picture of you and your mom-- good photo skills, waitress!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #103
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry that the pool was so crowded, that it was hot, and that your CS meal was so bad. Yuck on the grease--I would have been sooo sick to my stomach if I had eaten that! But it sounds like Jiko more than made up for it!! Your food looks AMAZING!!! Great pic of you and your mom!! Naked guy?! YIKES!! Interested to hear that story . . .
Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #104
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janny View Post
I have to thank all of you for giving me so many recent hours of such fun reading your trip itineraries. I've enjoyed the pictures and spent time having such good laughs at the witty descriptions of each and every trip.....I had to sign on tonite to tell you all. As this is my maiden post, I will try to learn the tricks of the trade on how to post pictures etc. and make mine eventually as fun to read.
We haven't vacationed in a very long time as one of our daughters is comatosed and cannot travel. It will be 6 years in June that the little angel lapsed into a coma after a 106.8 fever that caused imminent seizures brought upon by encephalitis. Most probably from an insect bite. Source never was fully determined. Our 2 other children have been such troopers to have sacrificed vacations due to our situation. June 28th though, we are GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!! Our little one will be in the capable hands of my parents.....could only leave her with my mom who is also a Registered Nurse as am I.....She requires full time around the clock nursing care. I am a wreck about boarding a plane and leaving her behind, but our 2 other kids really deserve this trip. 4 nights at the Beach club.....10 years ago we stayed at the port orleans, but we decided this trip on a place closer to Epcot. DH insisted on the dining plan....don't know how we'll ever pay off this credit card, but God will provide. It is time for us to make some happy memories. Thank you all again for posting, as I am learning MANY great tips. Happy reading and everyone have a great Spring & Summer!! God bless!!
Let me first say that I am so terribly sorry about your daughter. I think the biggest fear all parents have is our child becoming terribly ill, I just can't even put it into words!

You are right though, your other children deserve a fun trip, as do you and your DH. It will help you to relax and recharge, everyone needs and deserves that! And it sounds as though your DD will be in very capable hands with your mother.

I haven't yet stayed at the Beach Club, but it is high on my list of resorts that I want to try, I bet you guys will have a blast at StormAlong Bay! Are you going to do a pre-trip report? If you do, let me know, I'd love to read along with your plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Sorry the pool was so crowded-- and GROSS about the nachos. How can they not strain their meat??
Mmmm, I've never had a desire to eat at Jiko, but those filets look delish!! I also love that last picture of you and your mom-- good photo skills, waitress!
How much does it cost to buy a slotted spoon anyway???

I was nervous before about Jiko, thinking it would be too 'different' for me, but the more reviews I read of it, the more determined I was to give it a try - I'm so glad I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I'm so sorry that the pool was so crowded, that it was hot, and that your CS meal was so bad. Yuck on the grease--I would have been sooo sick to my stomach if I had eaten that! But it sounds like Jiko more than made up for it!! Your food looks AMAZING!!! Great pic of you and your mom!! Naked guy?! YIKES!! Interested to hear that story . . .
I left all of the chips that were soaking in the grease alone and just ate what was on top, but just looking at all of it floating in the bottom of my plate made me a little nauseous. But, yes, Jiko made up for it - it was yummy!

Naked guy story coming up in just a bit...

Well I just dropped Justin off at the high school for tryouts for the 9th grade summer baseball team (wish him luck!) and Don and Jared have gone to Jared's practice, so I'm sitting here alone in the house - what a perfect time to do an update! I hope to have one up shortly, stay tuned!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #105
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

After dinner we wandered outside to check out the overlook areas behind the pool.

We were treated to a few giraffes and lots of flamingos (boy, do they ever stink!)

As we were walking around to another of the overlook areas, I happened to glance to my left, where there were some guest rooms. What did I see but a man standing in his room, curtains open, without a stitch of clothing on! I'm sure my mouth hit the floor, I couldn't believe someone would have room right off the pool and not be smart enough to close his curtains while he was changing. I didn't want to be caught staring, so I quickly looked away (although, the view wasn't terrible ). I told Mom about it once we got a safe distance away, and as we passed by the area again later, she took a peak and said he was now wearing boxers - curtains still open. At first I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, thinking that maybe he had just gotten out of the shower and walked out into the room, not realizing the curtains were open, but since they were still open later and he was still not dressed, I'm thinking that he just didn't care.......

I took a couple more pictures outside

Then we went in and walked around the gift shop for a bit. I didn't want to spend any of my souvie money just yet, so no purchases were made. I did see a super cute key chain, it was 3 Mickey heads that were different animal prints - so cute! I was kicking myself later for not getting it.

After strolling through the gift shop, we made our way to the front of the resort and caught a cab back to CSR. We had a VERY chatty driver. She was on a diet and kept going on and on about how hungry she was, but that she couldn't eat because she had just gotten so fat......seriously, I can still hear her voice, she was so annoying.......

We strolled through the lobby and took a few pictures when we got back and took our time getting back to our room.

It was when we arrived in our room that I realized that I had forgotten to pop into Mara and get some Zebra Domes I was so sad and couldn't believe that I had forgotten to get them. I was just so full from dinner that food was the last thing on my mind!

Anyway, we were beat, it had been a long day and we were ready for bed. And, I must say, the new beds at CSR are super comfortable - I slept great!

Up Next: The search for the baby gorilla

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: