Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #136
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

That is a shocking story.
Such trashy, low life people.
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #137
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman Revival View Post
Now its time for "The Bad."

This happened around 2002 at a park that shall remain nameless to protect the innocent (but it starts with a "Sea" and ends with a "World" ).

I was visiting the park that day with my son (age 11 at the time). We were near the back of the park, exiting the "Pirates in 4D" movie theatre.

In this back corner of the park there are typically almost no people. The only thing there was a Cotton Candy vendor and some planters and benches with vegetation.

Leaving the theatre, we had to walk right past the cotton candy vendor. There was a handful of people (maybe 4-5 people) waiting while the vendor spun more candy to sell. We got in 'line' with the group.

Right that this moment, a woman walked right past the crowd waiting and up to the vendor counter, i.e., she cut in line.

From the waiting group, another woman (this one with a teenaged son and daughter), loudly says "What's wrong, you fat b-----? Are you so fat that you can't wait in line for candy like everyone else?"

The line-cutting woman turned around, saw her and said "F--- YOU, you fat b------!"

(Yes, they were both calling each other the same name, repeatedly. It was bizarre.)

The vendor kept spinning the cotton candy, probably hoping the situation would resolve itself.

At this point, both ladies were in each other's faces, pointing fingers into the other person's chest, calling each other names.

At that point, the pointing fingers turned to a bit of shoving, and the line-cutting lady shoved the mom and the mom's arm/elbow actually struck her own daughter (behind her) in the face.

I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing and - I've never done this before! - I reflexively grabbed my son and covered his eyes.

That was it. The mom started screaming "LOOK what you DID, you fat b-----! You hurt my daughter! etc. etc." with the girl crying "OW! Moooooommmm!"

At this point I looked around - where the HELL was security? NOwhere, that's where. This altercation had been building for a good 3-4 minutes and so far the only park employee we'd seen was the candy vendor. He just kept spinning cotton candy, didn't call security, etc.

By this time these two ladies were full-on wrestling (still standing) and pushing each other.

Suddenely a short, elderly man, who was half the size of both women, broke up the fight. He'd been standing in line for candy too. And he jumped in between them and yelled "Ladies, LADIES!! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!! There are children present!" He was standing in between the two women with a 'wide stance' with both his arms outstreched, to put more distance in between them. It was pretty impressive.

They both finally looked at the 2nd lady's kids, who were of course mortified, and at the small crowd that had gathered to watch them, and the first woman sulked off, cursing under her breath the entire way.

Still no security. I was floored.
Must have gotten your parks mixed up. SW Orlando has never had a Pirates 4D movie or a theater to show a 3 D movie for that matter. And there is no cotton candy stand where they spin cotton candy and I don't think there was even one back on my first visit in 1974. Bush Gardens in Tampa has a 3 D movie though. Could you have been there? Haven't had the time to see the movie when we are there and can't remember if it is pirate themed.
Security at SW is actually pretty tight. They use a lot of deputies.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #138
wmharley
DIS Veteran

Location: Central-ish Florida. Roughly under an hour to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabFlmom View Post
Must have gotten your parks mixed up. SW Orlando has never had a Pirates 4D movie or a theater to show a 3 D movie for that matter. And there is no cotton candy stand where they spin cotton candy and I don't think there was even one back on my first visit in 1974. Bush Gardens in Tampa has a 3 D movie though. Could you have been there? Haven't had the time to see the movie when we are there and can't remember if it is pirate themed.
incorrect, partially..

SW San Antonio has it...
http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?PageID=649
wmharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #139
webbmom
Mouseketeer

The first thing my kids do is play spot the security cameras on the tops of the traffic lights as we drive in. I cant wait to try and spot the undercover security in the parks.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #140
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmharley View Post
incorrect, partially..

SW San Antonio has it...
http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?PageID=649
Sorry, didn't even think about other Sea Worlds..
Old 05-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #141
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman Revival View Post
Now its time for "The Bad."

This happened around 2002 at a park that shall remain nameless to protect the innocent (but it starts with a "Sea" and ends with a "World" ).

Still no security. I was floored.
I had a bad experience with that same unnamed park in Orlando! I can't remember all the details but we were headed up the handicapped ramp to the Shamu show and there was a group in front of us that appeared to be adult son using an ECV and his parents, and elderly woman pushing elderly man in a wheelchair. She was really struggling to get up the ramp and I was actually getting ready to tell DH to offer to help them out (he is a never get involved kind of person for the most part). There was a turn and I saw her struggling to get around it and she lost her balance and went down hard.

Of course we immediately went to her to check on her. She was really shaken up and I was worried she might have really hurt her hip or arm. I told DH to go and find some help. He ran back down and couldn't find anyone around outside the stadium. He came back up and went into the stadium and I think found a girl who just sort of shrugged her shoulders and said she was busy. He ended up knocking on the door of the sound booth and telling them someone was hurt and needed help. They weren't very concerned but did call someone. Took forever for a manager to arrive. By this time we had gotten her up and put her in the wheelchair. DH pushed her up the rest of the way into the stadium where the management person met us.

She was not very helpful. I told her that I thought they needed another wheelchair or ECV or someone to assist them to get back to the front of the park and she said there was nothing she could do. So then I asked her to get the woman a glass of water (she really needed one)-- nope, couldn't do that. By this time my "don't get involved" husband was pissed! DH ended up going all the way back out of the stadium, finding a vendor and getting her a water bottle and glass of ice. They wanted to stay and watch the show (partially because she needed to sit down and rest in the shade at that point) so we checked on them again after it was over and offered to help them. DH pushed the wc back down the ramp for them (can't remember who was in it, the man or woman). We wanted to take them back to the front of the park or to find first aid but they told us they would be okay and to just go on with our day.

We could not believe that no one that worked there would offer any assistance and do anything to help them. We couldn't find anyone to help and the help we got was useless. I know that woman ended up with at least some nasty bruises and she really needed to be checked out.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #142
DIS-OH
Mouseketeer

This is a true story...

Several years ago, I was on a trip to WDW with the High School marching band. Our group got separated on two different monorails when we were coming into the MK one morning. I sent the students I was with on into the park and waited in the entrance plaza for the director and the rest of the kids to arrive.

My DH and a band Dad were waiting with me. I heard them start to laugh hysterically. When they finally stopped laughing, they told me that a young mother in short shorts had stopped in front of them and bent over her baby in a stroller, thereby exposing a good bit of her buttocks. Two undercover CM immediately ran to the young mother and said, "Lady, stand up and pull your shorts down! This is a family park!"

My DH and the band dad still wonder how they can apply for the job as "shorts checker" at WDW...they think it would be a cool retirement job!

Trip #33...December 2014 at POFQ...Holiday decorations trip!

Trip #34...February 2015...our 6th Princess Half Marathon...doing the Glass Slipper challenge!

Stayed at CR, POFQ, POR, CBR, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, WL, YC and BWV--with POFQ and YC as our current favorites!
DIS-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #143
mommy2_3
DIS Veteran

dont know if this was posted yet, but someone said that they stopped a ride cause a girl wouldnt sit down,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBzu-...1&feature=fvwp

All star sports-5/24/13
mommy2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 AM   #144
Craftsman Revival
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabFlmom View Post
Actually, it was SW San Diego. I'm sure I didn't get my parks mixed up, as its about 10 min from my house Like I said, this was in 2002, and the parks have changed ownership in the past year.
Craftsman Revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #145
budbeerlady
I call DH The STREAK!!
Sorry honey, no world series tonight, Poo Watch 2006 is going on!

Bump, anyone today with anything to share?
Nov 2013 1st Disney Run * Oct 2012 Dream'n Again * Oct 2011 Dd Birthday Cruise* Dec 2010 its all family! *August 2009 ASMu * Nov. 2008 Girls Trip POP * Aug 2008 CBR * Oct. 2007 POP for DD Birthday Trip * Dec. 2006 AKL * Dec. 2005 POFQ for 1st Family Trip* http://stretchingittotravel.wordpress.com/

budbeerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #146
unicorn1
Mouseketeer

On our last trip we were entering the park and, as usual, the guys walk through security and wait for the ladies to have their purses/bags checked. The line for checking bags was a little longer than usual, so my 11 year old daughter took it upon herself to put her small camera case inside her coat pocket, get out of line, and go join the waiting guys. A security guy in plain clothes approached, showed his identification, and told her they don't like it it at all when they see things like they just saw. He was friendly but very firm as he checked her camera case. This daughter is normally the only law-abiding citizen I have, so, needless to say, she melted. It took the fun out of the first part of her day, but she deserved it and learned a lesson.
unicorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #147
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

I gotta say, that is an unusual occurence, last time something happened at SW orlando (Kid Lost) they were pretty on the ball, though this was after the new owners stepped in.

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #148
Princess Pudding Pop
Mouseketeer

Not undercover, well maybe it was before I got there.....
Last week I witnessed a woman getting a lecture (very firm talking too) from security for leaving a big duffle bag sitting by Magic carpets ride unattended. I was just walking into the que so I probably just missed the bigger scene. They were standing just were the time is posted. Why would someone bring a big ol duffle bag into the park? There was no stroller.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #149
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

I've always wondered how they stop people from stealing in big disney stores like the emporium. There are exits everywhere and it seems like it would be easy for someone to steal. DH and I always wondered how they catch people. I guess there are undercover "shoppers" in the stores.
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
mickeysgirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #150
Vaughn4380
Mouseketeer

I got busted once by the undercover security guys while walking into Epcot. They noticed my little boyscout pocket knife clipped to my front pocket. I carry it with me every day and use it to open letters, packages, cut little plastic hang tags off stuff I buy, all sorts of things.

Anyways, the security guy was polite but gave me a lecture about taking weapons into the park and asked me to put it in one of their lockers until I left. I didn't want to make a scene and did so. It was kind of silly for them to make an issue of it. Had it been in my pocket and not clipped to the outside, they never would have known.

I do know a few police officers who have gone to Disney and the undercover security guys approached and asked if they were carrying their "off duty" pistol (department policy requires them to do so unless consuming alcohol while off duty). Appearantly the undercover security guys have been trained to spot the outline of a concealed pistol under a shirt (or they know what a police officer looks like off duty ), so if they ask you to raise your shirt this is probably what they are looking for. Disney was polite and asked them to place their guns in a locker until they left the park.

I suppose it is good they are looking for such things, it has to be hard trying to keep that place safe. Considering the number of people that go through the World, you really do not hear of very many incidents.

36 Stays in total since 1980! Including: Contemporary, Polynesian, Fort Wilderness, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Dolphin, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Music, All Star Movies, and Grosvenor
Vaughn4380 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, policy, security, vacation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: