Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #1141
brightspark
Wants to try the happy soap
I don't like coffee I'm afraid
Who is tour guide mike?

Hi everyone... just came on here to ask about nursing when we visit in about a months time. He really only has one milk feed during the day - sometime between 11am and 3pm, so we may or not be in the parks... as our plan is to be there early and be at the hotel for a rest in the heat of the day...

However I just wondered if there is etiquette for feeding, do I have to use the baby care centre, but I see from your posts that anywhere is fine. Does this go for in Restaurants too? Ds2 is going to be 10.5 months and loves his food, so mostly I imagine he won't be wanting to nurse when he could be eating, but if for some reason it happens... is it ok just to get on with it? Thankfully he has just figured out drinking water from a cup, *** I'm kind of worried about the heat and keeping him hydrated in the August temperatures.

Thanks in advance for any tips xx

WDW 2003 (offsite); 2005 Caribbean Beach; 2006 ASMu; Jan 2007 VB, SSR and AKL!!! Nov 2007 OKW and POP; Jan 2010 SSR and BCV; Dec 2011 SSR; Aug 2013 AKV; Oct 2014 Contemporary
brightspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #1142
megan10310
Mouseketeer

Keep practicing with the cup!

You are not required to bf in the baby care centers. They are for your convenience and are air conditioned with quiet rooms with rockers for mommy. I found it easier to find a bench or to nurse with baby in a sling, but if it is really warm out in the middle of the day, I would go to the baby center for my own comfort.

First Family Disney Trip!!! March 2010

Can't Wait! Next Trip - February 2013!
megan10310 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #1143
misstheworld
My Prince Charming is mecarroll

This thread is amazing! DH and I are taking our then-9-month-old to the World in January and I plan to still be BF. Thanks to the moms who have done it and are passing on their wisdom! It's much appreciated.
misstheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #1144
rms123
DIS Veteran

I just got back from an 11 day trip. DS turned one during the trip. He refuses covers so it was a little difficult for me. But, here's where I nursed: Sunshine Seasons tucked in a corner, Crystal Palace in the lounge outside the bathrooms, Grand Flouridian in chairs on the second level, lobby of Narcoosees, Blizzard Beach on a chair, Main Street in a tucked away corner, outside Tusker House, outside Dumbo ride (wish I had known about the AC inside at the time). At Disneyland I've nursed on Small World a few times - try and get the back row. Now that I think of the list, that's a lot of places
rms123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #1145
AngieWin
other than that it was all about the Wpasadi!

I have always loved this thread My youngest self weaned in March, but I will always have the best memories of nursing my littles in Disney World/Disneyland.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #1146
HulaMinnie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figaro8398 View Post
I didn't end up finding a good spot...we didn't wind up staying long anyway. But had they had a baby care center like the parks, it would have been awesome.
Good to know for the future. I'm hoping to actually nurse (instead of EPing) with our next one and I'm sure we'll be in Disney at some point with another baby! At least you didn't have to stay long. But yeah, they should totally have some sort of BCC or even a good family restroom with a curtained-off room and some chairs for nursing would do!
HulaMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #1147
samacita
Mouseketeer

Happy World Breastfeeding Day!!
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #1148
mmps108
Mouseketeer

We're going in less than 2 months and my LO will turn 8 months while we're there. She nurses 4x a day. I am not a modest person but for some reason NIP scares the let down out of me! And to add to that I have s very noisy nurser who hates to be burped, is easily distracted and won't tolerate a cover. Fantastic, right? All the cool, dark places in attractions worry me about disturbing the other guests! I am prepared to head up to the baby care stations unless anyone has other suggestions. Thanks!
2008 Disney Wonder 4 night w/ DH & DPs
2009 Disneyland first trip!
2011 OKW with whole family
2013 OKW with whole family including 2 new additions!
mmps108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #1149
jessc79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmps108 View Post
We're going in less than 2 months and my LO will turn 8 months while we're there. She nurses 4x a day. I am not a modest person but for some reason NIP scares the let down out of me! And to add to that I have s very noisy nurser who hates to be burped, is easily distracted and won't tolerate a cover. Fantastic, right? All the cool, dark places in attractions worry me about disturbing the other guests! I am prepared to head up to the baby care stations unless anyone has other suggestions. Thanks!
My son was 8 months when we went and hated the cover. I did NIP some but we used the baby care center a lot. It was very relaxing for me too.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #1150
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

I'm tandem nursing currently - Aspen is 3 weeks, Levi will be 3 years in a few days. He's only nursing a few times per week at night before bed though, so no nursing in public at WDW, tons of it with my itty bitty though! We head down in November!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #1151
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

Hi. I am new to this board and this thread--my daughter is currently 2 and a half weeks old. We are thinking of a Nov or Dec WDW trip for the three of us. I am praying that I would still be nursing at that time--my milk production is currently low and I'm having to supplement with formula after each feeding. (Doing everything I can to increase supply--pumping lots, nursing lots, fenugreek and blessed thistle supplements, eating oatmeal, drinking lots of water, trying not to stress). Anyways, I have the Udder Cover bf cover...I really am not a fan of it....I have to tug and adjust it so much to be able to see her to make sure she is latching on correctly....are all covers basically the same, or are some better than others? Sorry if this has already been asked or discussed...I didn't go back and read every post.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #1152
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84
Hi. I am new to this board and this thread--my daughter is currently 2 and a half weeks old. We are thinking of a Nov or Dec WDW trip for the three of us. I am praying that I would still be nursing at that time--my milk production is currently low and I'm having to supplement with formula after each feeding. (Doing everything I can to increase supply--pumping lots, nursing lots, fenugreek and blessed thistle supplements, eating oatmeal, drinking lots of water, trying not to stress). Anyways, I have the Udder Cover bf cover...I really am not a fan of it....I have to tug and adjust it so much to be able to see her to make sure she is latching on correctly....are all covers basically the same, or are some better than others? Sorry if this has already been asked or discussed...I didn't go back and read every post.
Why do you think you have a low supply?? Suplementing is going to cause issues and make your supply even lower and eventually gone.

I don't like covers cause like you said you can't see anything and some of my kids didn't like them anyways they would just rip it off. You can still nurse with just a nice big shirt and use it to cover the top part so no one sees anything but you can see baby. I just keep a blanket next to me so if baby pops off I can just grab it cover and then fix my bra and shirt under the blanket.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #1153
ellone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84 View Post

With a child that young, I would just put her under my shirt. But then again my kids were never fans of covers. By that time you should be more comfortable with feeding so you won't have to see her to make sure that she's latching on correctly (she'll be better at it too).

Of course I'm going at the end of September and my currently 22 month old is still breastfeeding at least 3 times a day. I've tried to cut back, but she is quite insistent. She just climbs on me and pulls at my shirt. If I refuse I get a lot of crying. So...I'll probably still be breastfeeding when I go unless something drastic happens between now and then.
ellone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #1154
Paigesmom2013
Mouseketeer

Glad to see this thread! I just noticed it after being on the boards a few weeks.

I am also nervous about feeding in public. I usually nurse DD 3 months at home, but pump a bottle at night for when we're out and about. But I will have to get over my uncomfortableness and NIP. We're flying and I don't want to bring the pump with me along with all our other stuff.

I have respect for those moms that are pumping at the parks. I think that's even harder than breastfeeding in some ways. My first DD was born at 36 weeks and spent two days in the NICU. She would never latch so I pumped and supplemented with formula for the first six months. Part of the reason I stopped pumping is because we had a vacation coming up and didn't want to bring the pump.
Paigesmom2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #1155
GatorMama
DIS Veteran

Just another post to reassure nursing mommies! Thank you for NIPing! I think my favorite spot to nurse last year was on a bench overlooking the water from Norway in Epcot. Sad to miss riding Maelstrom with my then 3 year old but had to keep the itty bitty fed! I also liked the bench between the CM/backstage area next to TSM and the TSM FP machines. Shaded and out of the traffic path for most people. My son was always (still is) very distractable while nursing so being in a crowd didn't work well for us. I think I nursed through Philharmagic too... That kid can EAT!!! ;-) I think in AK, I managed to not nurse as we were only there for 2-3 hours because of a HUGE storm that closed the park.
2010- My dreams came true at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
July 2011- DS#1 met Mickey for the first time! 7 nights offsite, 2 at WL
Sept 2012- DS#2's first trip! 7 nights off site
Sept 2013- MNSSHP only
Sept 2014- MNSSHP only

Coming SOON! 10 night split say at POR, AK, & US! C'mon September 2015! Can't wait to introduce Baby #3!
GatorMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: