Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #91
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaB View Post
Yup this. You can't say "I dont want to sit next to someone chewing gum, shifting in their seat or clearing their throat without a buffer seat. It's so rude of people" I am almost physically twitchy that this was posting in a SUPPORT thread.

GALS LET'S DO OUR BEST TO NOT POST ANYMORE ABOUT THAT PREVIOUS POST. i think we can agree it's not appropriate for a support thread.

let's move on. next topic.

to the PP looking to bf your 6 week old, don't forget about those baby centers! i had a tough time nursing my son in the beginning and i think the baby center would have been perfect because i wouldn't have to worry about trying deal with outside noise frustrating me. if your latch is good then that's a non-issue and a ring sling would be great!
Old 05-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #92
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchelbay View Post
If I may make a suggestion to nursing moms while at the parks...IMO this is something you might NOT want to do. I was at the Magic Kingdom the other day and went in to Mickey's Philharmagic. I sat next to a mother who was holding her little baby. No problem. Once the lights dimmed for the show, she began nursing her baby right there. I have no objection to nursing, or nursing in public. But, I have never been in a situation of having to be right next to a mom nursing and listening to the loud sucking and wet gurgling sounds of the baby nursing...the entire time the show was playing.

I hope I'm not being shallow. I know babies need to nurse and when there's outdoor, or public place noises, you never actually hear the sounds of the baby nursing. There were so many empty rows in the theater. She could have picked a secluded spot, or waited until most of the guests sat in their seats and chose a seat then..half the theater was empty. I know it's normal sounds of nursing, but when you're sort of stuck in your seat until the end of the show, you can't just not hear what's going on a foot away from you. So, my suggestion would be to nurse away in public places moms...just not in Mickey's Philharmagic...unless you have a few seat buffer zone.
This is A SUPPORT THREAD! This thread is for nursing mothers and their SUPPORTERS to gather together and share with each other. If you were unfcomfortable you should have moved.... end of story! Either you support nursing and nursing mothers, or you don't...you can't just support us when it's comfortable for you to do so....

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #93
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Has anyone else noticed how the nursing rooms in the baby care centers have clocks on the walls? (or at least the one in Epcot does.) I thought that was so smart since so many nursing Mom's watch the clock to switch sides!

Did they have stools?

I already tired(AND HOT) just thinking about our trip next week. I look forward to using those air conditions rooms to rest! LOL!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #94
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

Great thread! I get so sick of all the controversy...it's nice to see support. I'm no longer nursing our youngest (he's 3 now), but our first trip, he was 13 months and still nursing. I utilized Animal Kingdom's BCC and DHS's BCC and they were quite nice - cool, comfy...dimly lit. It was June, and he needed the cooling off time (and so did I!). We aren't sure we are done growing our family yet...so maybe some day in the future....I'll be more actively nursing around the World, lol. Just wanted to lend my support!

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
pixiefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #95
JillPTFLA
Mouseketeer

Here to show my support! My kids are long weaned but my younger son's first trip to Disney was at 11 wks old and many times after that until he weaned at 2 so I nursed all over Disney!
I would bet that my little guy was nursed on every ride (except those with height restrictions!) and in every show. Plus on many of the benches around. Spaceship Earth was one of my favs...long, slow, dark, cool. The hardest show was prob Finding Nemo b/c there was so much action around that he kept pulling off to see what was going on!

I never had any issues or looks when I was nursing...I guess I never really paid attention if someone was looking.
Good luck to all you new moms and moms-to-be!
Jill
JillPTFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #96
alyssa810
It's much more fun on the boat
Must have creme brulee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoppins View Post
Has anyone else noticed how the nursing rooms in the baby care centers have clocks on the walls? (or at least the one in Epcot does.) I thought that was so smart since so many nursing Mom's watch the clock to switch sides!

Did they have stools?

I already tired(AND HOT) just thinking about our trip next week. I look forward to using those air conditions rooms to rest! LOL!
I definitely remember seeing stools...but I don't think they were in all the BCCs. AKL had the little private rooms, as did the studios...I think I remember seeing the stools in Epcot.
My DS stopped nursing a few months ago, but we spent many trips cooling off in the nursing rooms! I think it's great that the Disney parks have these kinds of facilities, and this is a great thread! I always recommend the baby care centers to moms who ask about bringing their new babies to WDW; my son made his first trip at 12 weeks, and that was also our first visit to the nursing rooms and we loved it!
annual trips since 1997! some highlights: 1st trip Feb 1985**1st onsite WL 11/2002: ENGAGED @ MK**Honeymoon @ DLP- NB 4/2004**DVC members and our OKW love affair begins 12/2004**29th b-day@DLH 8/2005**Joel's 1st trip 12/2007 CBR**back to DLP-SL 6/2010**GCV 9/2011 Happy 4th B-day Joel!***ASMu & BCV 9/2012***OKW1/2013***GCH & GCV 2/2014***OKW 2/2015 40+ trips and counting!!

8 Parks in 9 Months (part II)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
8 Parks in 9 Months (part III)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post37117909
alyssa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #97
javamoma
Diz Kid for Life
"Reboot" is the extent of my techinical knowledge

I love those floppy hat looking things! I have never seen those before and they look a lot less obvious than a blanket over you in 100 degree weather!

I nursed my daughter in WDW at 6 months old in HM, Hall of Presidents ( highly recommend this one), the people mover, lots on lots of benches. We were there in off season and the guy operating the people mover let us stay on as long as we needed.

We just got back from DL were I nursed DS at 2 months of age. I nursed where ever we ate and usually asked for a booth. It seemed like there were more out of the way places at DL to nurse. Now that I think of it I never did nurse on a ride this trip. I guess I never needed to.

Ditto the stomach thing. I would have to work really hard to flash someone my nipple while nursing considering it is in someone else's mouth. But showing my post pregnancy stomach is a no no for me! If my shirt wasn't loose enough to cover it then I used a burp cloth.

DH myself DD7 and DS 2
1986: childhood trip, 1991:childhood trip, 1993: church trip, 1994: school trip, 1999: 21st b-day
2000: college graduation
2005: first trip with DH to WDW
2007: DD's first trip
2010: DL for DD's 5th b-day, DS 2 months old 1st trip
javamoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #98
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Joining in, but I have to go back and catch up on all of the posts.

Thanks for starting this!

Adi12982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #99
candielips
DIS Veteran

So I tried nursing in my Ergo today for the first time and it was VERY awkward. I couldn't seem to get the hang of it. Hopefully it just takes practice? My DS is so used to laying his head to the side to nurse, so that was what he kept trying to do.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #100
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
So I tried nursing in my Ergo today for the first time and it was VERY awkward. I couldn't seem to get the hang of it. Hopefully it just takes practice? My DS is so used to laying his head to the side to nurse, so that was what he kept trying to do.
Practice practice practice is the name of the game!!!

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #101
MommaB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
Hmm... Maybe if the hood was on and it was a bit looser? Would that cradle his noggin enough to let him hold it to the side? But I second practicing
MommaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:16 AM   #102
dheinz
Mouseketeer

I think a ring sling is always going to be your best best bed for carrying on your hip.
I am looking into the Sakura Bloom RS & the Ergo Sport now. I am worried about the SB RS. I am not sure about the single vs double linen. I have a 20 lb babe so....? By July he could be 25lb. THought the Ergo Sport would be great for the hot july days. I do love the look of the Chicken Sratch RS. I like that they come in different sizes.

Have you seen these? http://www.moboleez.com/ This might solve your nursing in the summer dilemma. Plus keep you baby's head/face out of the sun.[/QUOTE]
I LOVE these! I am ordering 2! THey will be great around the pool this summer at swim meets & soccer games. I love that it is also keeping the sun off the baby without making them too hot under a blanket!! Thanks!
dheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #103
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmm... Maybe if the hood was on and it was a bit looser? Would that cradle his noggin enough to let him hold it to the side? But I second practicing
I had it pretty loose and maybe that was the problem. I really had to hold him in a very uncomfortable position. I would have been more comfortable to walk and hold him cradle style. But practice is the name of the game and I have 3 months to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheinz View Post
I am looking into the Sakura Bloom RS & the Ergo Sport now. I am worried about the SB RS. I am not sure about the single vs double linen. I have a 20 lb babe so....? By July he could be 25lb. THought the Ergo Sport would be great for the hot july days. I do love the look of the Chicken Sratch RS. I like that they come in different sizes.
We looked at all of the Ergos and found that the Organic one actually was the more lightweight one and seemed as though it would breathe better than the Sport.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:48 AM   #104
tartemis
DIS Veteran

I could never get the hang of nursing in any sort of sling/carrier (and I bought a lot of different ones). Every time DD would scream bloody murder.
tartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:17 AM   #105
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
also, i had to loosen up the ergo a bit so he'd sit a little lower down - his head would then be a little more level to the b*0b. took a bit of practice. keep trying! makes it very easy when you're online or if baby is very cranky in an enclosed space!!

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: