Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #976
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I use my baby's head as a cover. I don't cover up. She would never allow it. I am not one to pull my shirt UP though. I pull the neck down and let her access my breast that way. It is so easy. I can't even fathom doing it the other way.
lol!! I wish I could do that, I really need to grow out of my shyness DS really does hate being covered since he's used to being free at home. Not that I love it either, it makes me all hot and icky! One day...

Krystalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #977
tiffjoy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplevale
Good to see so many success stories for BFing in Disney.

We leave in less then 3 weeks. I will have DD2 who is 9.5 months while we are there. My only issue with her is she has become SOOO distracted while nursing I just don;t see her doing what she needs to with so much going on!
I had great success at the Baby Centers with my daughter when she was distractible. NIP just didn't work when she was like that, especially at Disney.

WDW Trips: First trip January 2004! 1/2005, 1/2006, 2/2006, 1/2007, 12/2010, 1/2013
DLR Trips: First trip January 2006! 9/2007, 8/2010, 9/2011, 9/2012, 4/2013, 12/2013, 8/2014

Upcoming:
WDW January 2015 for 4 days for DD2's 3rd birthday
DLR August 2015 for 5 days for DD5's 6th birthday
tiffjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #978
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalynn View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed already, I wasn't able to read through the whole thread, but I was wondering what nursing covers you ladies use? I absolutely despise the one I have!
I don't use one, but I think any cover with the boning that allows you to see baby is good??

We'll be back 'home' in November and at the rate we are going now, I'll still be nursing DS. He's 23 months now, so he'll be 27 months at that time. On a super fun, busy day like being at WDW he'll most likely only ask when he's tired or scared. Nursing sure came in handy last year when he was 19 months and scared to death on Pirates!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:41 AM   #979
moobar25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalynn View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed already, I wasn't able to read through the whole thread, but I was wondering what nursing covers you ladies use? I absolutely despise the one I have!
I use bebe au lait nursing cover. It worked great for my 3mo DD in May. I used it everywhere, especially at sit down meals. We call it my Super Mom Cape!

The best nursing story at WDW - we go on It's a Small World ride and forget the cape. So what is a Super Mom to do when baby gets fussy at the start of the ride? Use bib - covered just enough, thank goodness since there were a bunch of little kids in front of us. LOL
If I could figure out how to post pics I would post that.
BLT 1/15, BCV/BLT 9/14, BC 8/14 Villains, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BWV/OKW 3/14 Anniversary, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #980
Stubbzilla
Mouseketeer

I use Bebe Au Lait, too. My baby nurses a lot better with it, actually, when we are out and about. She's still only three months but she knows just what it means when I put it on, and when it covers her she doesn't get distracted by all the fun stuf going on around her - she gets down to business.

I usually use German style woven wraps like a Didymos or Storchenweige to carry the baby and let the baby nurse while I do whatever we're doing. I don't go sit down to nurse. I've got too many kids for that now.
Stubbzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #981
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

I always carried my little ones in an ergo, but never figured out how to nurse in one!

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #982
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
I always carried my little ones in an ergo, but never figured out how to nurse in one!
I pull the collar of my shirt down and my breast over it to my little one. That's how I always nurse, carrier or not. Lifting my shirt up seems so weird to me. Probably because of all of my rolls.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #983
Mama2SweetGirls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
Hope this might help someone, even if your little ones are past nursing in the ergo:

Last time we went to Disney my youngest was 3 months old. We nursed in the Ergo everywhere!! So convenient! I make sure that I'm wearing either a shirt with a neckline that can be opened/stretched down, or two shirts - a tank that can stretch down underneath and a shirt that can be lifted up. When it's time to nurse, I loosen the ergo straps so dd can slide down lower, adjust my shirt, and latch her. I snap up the hood to give her some privacy, or even drape a lightweight blanket/burp cloth over my shoulder. It took some practice, but now it's second nature. Check YouTube for some video demonstrations.

Me DH DD1 DD2
Mama2SweetGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #984
bensmamalovesmickey
Earning My Ears

I am a new mommy and so excited about this thread!! It gives me hope I can make it work at wdw! (and generally in public). We're still getting the hang of nursing with preemie challenges, but things are going relatively well with the help of an awesome LC
bensmamalovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #985
vankalker
Earning My Ears

On our June trip, I fed my 11 month old in all kinds of places: in the corner outside the bathrooms behind Pinocchio Village Haus (there aren't many benches in Fantastyland), in the back of Turtle Talk, in the back of Disney Jr Live, on the Magic Kingdom train, on the Peoplemover. The strangest spot, though, was sitting on the ground in the hub during the Main Street Electrical Parade. I just couldn't make it through the crowd to the Baby Care Center. The Baby Care Centers are great though.
vankalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #986
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensmamalovesmickey View Post
I am a new mommy and so excited about this thread!! It gives me hope I can make it work at wdw! (and generally in public). We're still getting the hang of nursing with preemie challenges, but things are going relatively well with the help of an awesome LC
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Just keep up that practice!

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #987
fitzy819
Mouseketeer

I'm not a nursing mama yet (a mother/baby RN though) but I just wanted to stop by and give y'all all kudos! Keep up the good work!!!
fitzy819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #988
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy819 View Post
I'm not a nursing mama yet (a mother/baby RN though) but I just wanted to stop by and give y'all all kudos! Keep up the good work!!!
Thanks!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #989
bensmamalovesmickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Just keep up that practice!
Thank you! His due date is Sunday... 4 weeks old! Still not nursing at much as I'd like (I think it's a stamina issue for us both. But he's nursing... That's better than where we started
bensmamalovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:54 AM   #990
AliceinMaryland
Mouseketeer

I have to say I'm jealous of all of you that can just so easily pop out the ****ie and latch the baby on like it's nothing. I so wish I was one of you because I'd be whipping out the ****ie everywhere to show my support for breastfeeding and that I'm not afraid to take on a little heat from the anti breastfeeding in public weirdos.

This is my 3rd child I've nursed, she's 2 months old. I unfortunately have really awkward nipple placement in that my nipples aren't placed high up or perky. Instead they are hanging down almost pointing to the floor and instead of being in the center, they are situated more to the inside of my body. Hard to explain but basically the only semi comfortable position for us is at home with the boppy. I always have to have my one hand on my **** lifting/tilting the nipple up and pressing on my **** so it's not suffocating her :/ It looks awkward and uncomfortable when I'm feeding so I don't do it out in public. So I actually tend to not go out anywhere unless I can have access to my car and feed in there. Unfortunately that means we probably won't go too many places this summer like amusement parks and the beach, etc.

Anybody sympathize or is it just me with the weird nipples LOL

AliceinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: