Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #961
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabmom View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say that we were at wdw from 2/11 to 2/17 with a 5 month old who is exclusively breast fed. It was easy-peasy. My hubby (mostly) and I (a bit) wore him all day in our Beco. Purchased for the trip and so worth it. He spent almost all his time in the the carrier and really only came out to nurse. I fed him mostly during the shows. He is a fast little nurser and can be fed and done in less than 10 minutes. Never got (or noticed) any looks. Only once the people sitting beside us seemed worried that he would fuss during Philharmagic. I told them that he'd be eating and quiet and they were pleased.

I only used the baby centre once (in MK) just to check it out. Very nice. Only wish that I had brought my hubby and 3 year old DD to have picnic lunch inside as there was a nice quiet sitting room with some kid books and a disney movie playing. My DD would have enjoyed the downtime.

Overall, it was a great age for travel and I'd highly recommend it / do it again if we have a third.

YAY! So glad you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing!

DS 10 DS 7

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #962
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

We just got back last week and it wasn't bad at all. I was bummed about having to stop every once in awhile to nurse but I didn't want to waste any time, lol....so I figured out how to nurse in the beco. It was easy! Changed his diapers in the stroller, only a few times did I change him in the bathroom. Taking a baby is much easier then I thought. Oh wait....forgot about his sleeping schedule being totally thrown off. He didn't sleep very well at night. Probably because the pack and play is a bit more uncomfy then his crib at home. He slept well in the beco during the day though.

P.S. I also seen a few (better then none) other nursing moms at disney as well.
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #963
maplevale
Mouseketeer

Good to see so many success stories for BFing in Disney.

We leave in less then 3 weeks. I will have DD2 who is 9.5 months while we are there. My only issue with her is she has become SOOO distracted while nursing I just don;t see her doing what she needs to with so much going on!
maplevale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #964
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

I saw lots of nursing Mom's while we were at Disney over the weekend. It's so encouraging to see more and more people nursing in public!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #965
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoppins View Post
I saw lots of nursing Mom's while we were at Disney over the weekend. It's so encouraging to see more and more people nursing in public!
YAY!!!!!

DS 10 DS 7

Old 03-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #966
Rockislander
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoppins View Post
Go mommies!!

Next trip: 9/2014: POL/WDW
2013: WL/WDW
2013: Princess Half Marathon - WDW/POFQ
2012: BCV/WDW
2004: LBV Hotel/WDW
1997: Off-site/WDL
1996: Off-site/WDL
Rockislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #967
djm99

If lovin' Disneyworld is Childish... I never want to grow up
Me Me Me Me Me Me!

You have my full support! Although my babies are babies no more, they were both nursed for 24 months.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #968
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

Subbing! Just found this thread so I'll have to go back through and read everything, but its great to see so much support! I'm a first time mommy, and our DS will be 9 1/2 months old this September when we take him to WDW for the first time. I was worried how I was going to manage nursing but it seems to be a piece of cake! Thanks for all of the advice!!

{1986 - OffSite} {1993 -CBR} {July 2007 - POR Engagement} {July 2009 - POR & Wonder Disneymoon!} {May 2011 - POR} {New DVC Members!}
nickandlarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #969
may_baby06
Mouseketeer

Yay! We are taking our dd's back soon and I'm still nursing my 7 month old. We did take her when she was 3 months and I would find a place where there weren't many people around and sit to feed her. I have a nursing cover i use when in "family friendly" places so that kids don't get a peek lol. My 5 yo thinks that when I feed her sister she needs to feed her bullseye horse too! I did have a friendly CM come over to me to congratulate me on nursing in the parks which I thought was awesome. I know they have places for feeding but we all know that it's not always a realistic thing to do with a screaming hungry baby.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #970
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Thumbs down From Twitter

A few people complaining that Disney CM have not been supportive of NIP.... print out and carry these cards to hand out if needed ladies!

http://www.flbreastfeeding.org/HTMLo..._in_Public.pdf

DS 10 DS 7

Old 07-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #971
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I will be nursing my then 17 month old next month anywhere and anytime she pleases. Anyone who tries to discourage me will have a formal complaint filed against them!
Old 07-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #972
Lilliputian
DIS Veteran

I've nursed all over the parks and will be this fall when our newest little one is 5 months old. I think I've only been in the baby centers twice, and once it was just to change a diaper. It is a nice place to change diapers, though.

I end up doing most of my nursing on long rides. The shows are always good, but so is Spaceship Earth, the People Mover, and several others. I'm always afraid to nurse in the Laugh Floor because I don't really want to be on TV. I do take a nursing cover, just in case the baby decides he's done while I'm not paying attention. I usually carry mine in a Sutemi, which is like an Ergo, in the middle, so I don't nurse in there. This time my baby will be little enough to go in my Baby K'Tan, but I've still never figured out how to nurse modestly in it. My tummy always shows, and that just can't happen.
Lilliputian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #973
Krystalynn
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I wasn't able to read through the whole thread, but I was wondering what nursing covers you ladies use? I absolutely despise the one I have!

Krystalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #974
seethelight
Mouseketeer

Love this thread! I found one on etsy I really like.

Nov 2004-First trip with DH who was then a BF

Sept 2012- First trip with our girls!

Feb 2014-taking our princesses back!
seethelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #975
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalynn View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed already, I wasn't able to read through the whole thread, but I was wondering what nursing covers you ladies use? I absolutely despise the one I have!
I use my baby's head as a cover. I don't cover up. She would never allow it. I am not one to pull my shirt UP though. I pull the neck down and let her access my breast that way. It is so easy. I can't even fathom doing it the other way.

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: