Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #946
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

We'll be at disneyworld in exactly a week!!!! Can't wait! NIP doesn't bother me at all....however I do wish I didn't have to stop once in awhile to do so, lol....wish walking and nursing was a little easier.
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #947
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

Just giving encouragement and kudos to all the nursing mamas!! I never got any hairy eyeballs NIP at WDW. I'm always all smiles to see happy nursing babies in the parks!!

Always missing the mouse...
Several childhood trips
Saratoga Springs: December 2007
Wilderness Lodge: December 2011
Dolphin/AoA LM: October 2012
Planning for December 2014!!

PatchPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #948
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMissy View Post
We'll be at disneyworld in exactly a week!!!! Can't wait! NIP doesn't bother me at all....however I do wish I didn't have to stop once in awhile to do so, lol....wish walking and nursing was a little easier.
Nurse in some sort of carrier! I nursed my 16 month old all over the world in an Ergo! Never stopped once!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #949
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Nurse in some sort of carrier! I nursed my 16 month old all over the world in an Ergo! Never stopped once!
Used a sling with my daughter and now a moby and a beco with my baby and still can't figure it out, lol. Guess I have to practice more, lol.
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
Old 02-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #950
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Used a sling with my daughter and now a moby and a beco with my baby and still can't figure it out, lol. Guess I have to practice more, lol.
Ahhh the Beco!!! It has that annoying "Y" panel between **** and baby - makes it so hard - lol

Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 02-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #951
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ahhh the Beco!!! It has that annoying "Y" panel between **** and baby - makes it so hard - lol
No actually there's nothing between me and the baby, so it should work....I just have to practice.
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
Old 02-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #952
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Quote:
No actually there's nothing between me and the baby, so it should work....I just have to practice.
Yes practice. Being able to keep going while nursing is the best! No matter where you are at. I've always preferred nursing in my ring sling rather than any other carriers. It was always easiest for me. But it takes a lot of practice.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #953
largo
Earning My Ears

I am so excited to see this thread! I am a momma to 3 boys (8,6 and 8months). I am still nursing my youngest.

We plan on vacationing at WDW in just over 3 weeks and i am SO excited! However, we made a decision not to take the baby! My heart will miss him so much, but i know the the older boys will LOVE our time and attention that we can give them iwth the LO at home! I have a freezer full of EBM and formula on the side incase my supply gets low. I really don;t want this trip the jeoperdize bfing so i plan on pumping 4-5 times day while in the world. Any tips, advice??

I currently use a medella PIS (old version) pump. But may take a small electric or manual pump while we are at the parks. I would also love to be able to take my EBM home with me. Thought on packing, storing, etc? I thought i would bring a hard sided cooler. I was hopin disney would be able to get me ice packs, dry ice, or something. ANyone with ideas, experiences,etc?

tia
~L
largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #954
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

I've left baby at home before(just for a weekend) and pumped at the parks in the babycare centers. But I just pumped and dumped(as much as it killed me I just didn't see how I could safely store it until I got home.)
Old 02-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #955
largo
Earning My Ears

That is my concern...getting it safely from Orlando to Nova Scotia!! I plan on getting fridge in my room and hoping that i can get good ice packs for my hard sided cooler. I am hoping my plan will work out.

When i am in the parks, it looks like i will have to pump and dump , i am just not sure how to carry around EBM safely and keep it cold enough. We will see...
largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #956
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Storing milk in BM storage bags in a cooler full of ice/icepacks is sufficient to keep it cool all day! Just pop it in the hotel fridge when you get back to your room!

Quote:
Ah ok, it must be an older Beco - sorry! The Beco Butterfly and Butterfly II have the Y panel but the 4th generation doesn't!! Good luck practicing!

Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 02-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #957
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Storing milk in BM storage bags in a cooler full of ice/icepacks is sufficient to keep it cool all day! Just pop it in the hotel fridge when you get back to your room!

Ah ok, it must be an older Beco - sorry! The Beco Butterfly and Butterfly II have the Y panel but the 4th generation doesn't!! Good luck practicing!
I have a beco gemini.
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
Old 02-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #958
nineandcounting
Disney - It's what I do and what I love

I have 11 children, have been bfing for 22 1/2 years I tell moms that I've fed my babies everywhere, even in Disney World! I'll have the most recent, 7 week old, with me on our visit next week, and he'll certainly eat, LOL.

I remember a few trips ago, I was sitting out of the way in Innoventions, feeding a baby, while the other children were enjoying the activities. A Cast Member came over to me and said, "you can't do that here." I chuckled, said, "OK," and continued what I was doing. My husband laughed at me after she left. I still giggle about it when I think of it.

On the subject of carriers, I'm an old mom. I always used Snugli with my babies, until I learned there were other options, only 3 years ago. That's when I got a Moby. I have never learned how to feed a baby while in a carrier, so I still have to stop and take baby out, and remove or adjust carrier, but that's life...

So happy to see this thread. I am also one who acknowledges and smiles at mom's who are bf'ing in public - I will make a point to speak to them on this trip, if I happen to see any

Mary-Belle
Wife to one. Mom to eleven.
nineandcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #959
sabmom
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to pop in and say that we were at wdw from 2/11 to 2/17 with a 5 month old who is exclusively breast fed. It was easy-peasy. My hubby (mostly) and I (a bit) wore him all day in our Beco. Purchased for the trip and so worth it. He spent almost all his time in the the carrier and really only came out to nurse. I fed him mostly during the shows. He is a fast little nurser and can be fed and done in less than 10 minutes. Never got (or noticed) any looks. Only once the people sitting beside us seemed worried that he would fuss during Philharmagic. I told them that he'd be eating and quiet and they were pleased.

I only used the baby centre once (in MK) just to check it out. Very nice. Only wish that I had brought my hubby and 3 year old DD to have picnic lunch inside as there was a nice quiet sitting room with some kid books and a disney movie playing. My DD would have enjoyed the downtime.

Overall, it was a great age for travel and I'd highly recommend it / do it again if we have a third.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #960
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Here I go! I'm on my way out the door to the airport. I will be BF my 14mo. I love this thread!
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: