Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #931
susan13
Earning My Ears

Question

My twins are 15 months and I usually nurse them at the same time which is a challenge in public. Any good places to do this discreetly at Disney since I am not planning on weaning them, especially during cold/flu season.
susan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #932
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

Do you mean other than the Baby Care Centers?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #933
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Most of the dark shows are theater seats and I am not sure you could nurse too kiddos in them...

DS 10 DS 7

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #934
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan13 View Post
My twins are 15 months and I usually nurse them at the same time which is a challenge in public. Any good places to do this discreetly at Disney since I am not planning on weaning them, especially during cold/flu season.
I nursed pretty much anywhere I could sit down!

Animal Kingdom - Lion King show, Nemo show, Safari (if you are not in the back where it is most bumpy, and make sure you are done by the time you get to the warthogs!), It's Tough To Be a Bug (better for tiny ones who are not easily distracted), Flights of Wonder show

Epcot - Living with the Land, Lion King environmental fable movie, Spaceship Earth, France movie, China movie, Mexico boat ride, Norway boat ride, inside Innoventions

Magic Kingdom - TTA (one of my favorite nursing spots), it's a small world, Philharmagic

Studios - Beauty and the Beast show, Little Mermaid show, Disney Jr. show, Backlot Tour (before canyon or after canyon, but not during canyon!), Fantasmic

The older my kids got the less I could nurse them on rides/attractions because of course they want to see what's going on! So it's kind of funny that when my kids were little I hardly used the nursing rooms at the Baby Care Centers and only used them with babies older than a year. I have absolutely NO idea about nursing two at the same time, though! Good luck!
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #935
Juliet25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan13 View Post
At 15 months with them both nursing at the same time, I think the Baby Center is your best bet. You may find they don't nurse much at the parks. My DS was 15 months on our last trip and he barely nursed at all when we were out. Too much to see!
Juliet25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #936
almazhfamily
Earning My Ears

I nursed my three biological babies all over WDW :-) We're going this month with our adopted, bottlefed baby, and the planning for keeping milk cold and having enough bottles is so stressful! I wish I was nursing him!!!
almazhfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #937
wdwfanatic316
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by almazhfamily View Post
I nursed my three biological babies all over WDW :-) We're going this month with our adopted, bottlefed baby, and the planning for keeping milk cold and having enough bottles is so stressful! I wish I was nursing him!!!

Just wanted to ask if you'd ever used powdered formula? I supplement DS's breastmilk with formula and use powdered formula. It's really easy to just add the correct number of scoops to the bottle, and bring a bottle of water to add whenever LO is hungry. I can't imagine bringing cold formula to the parks!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #938
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by almazhfamily View Post
Have you ever heard of relactating? I've heard of moms doing this for their adopted baby. Even for moms who have never breastfed before have been able to. I know if I were to ever adopt, I would definitely do this. Something to look into if you're interested.
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #939
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

where did every body go?

DS 10 DS 7

Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #940
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
where did every body go?
Right here, one handed typing because we're nursing!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #941
tyzzle
Mouseketeer

I am sure this has been asked before, but I am new to the thread. What is FL law regarding bfing in public? I am in IL and ours are extremely pro baby, and it is punishable (civilly) to prevent a mother from nursing in public. I am discreet, but am completely comfortable nursing anywhere, and hope to do so on our vacation.

Me Hubby Delilah(5) Delores (2)
tyzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #942
pumpkinmomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzzle View Post
I am sure this has been asked before, but I am new to the thread. What is FL law regarding bfing in public? I am in IL and ours are extremely pro baby, and it is punishable (civilly) to prevent a mother from nursing in public. I am discreet, but am completely comfortable nursing anywhere, and hope to do so on our vacation.
If you go to the very first post on this thread, the law is posted there. You should have no problems.
pumpkinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #943
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

I'll be nursing my 2 1/2 year old at Disney(once again) in 2 weeks! We're going for a weekend and she nurses whenever she's tired, cranky, bored or just sitting on my lap.

We usually do some downtime in the babycare center, but I'll also nurse her anywhere else she wants it. Lots of time we use our sling to make it super discreet.

I wonder if I'll get any looks since she's "too old for that".
Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #944
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzzle View Post
Check out the first post of this thread...

DS 10 DS 7

Old 02-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #945
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Right here, one handed typing because we're nursing!

DS 10 DS 7

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: